ImageImageImage

Igor Kokoškov & Luka Doncic

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

bennjuiced34
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,009

Igor Kokoškov & Luka Doncic 

Post#1 » by bennjuiced34 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:46 pm

Bulls fan here...now that Arturas Karnisovas is in place, a name that's come to mind for potential head coach is Igor Kokoškov.

My biggest question about him is what influence and power he had in taking Ayton (if any) over Doncic. I'd like to believe the guy who coached Doncic would've had more insight into his game than anyone else and honestly, I don't think this is a hindsight 20/20 situation.

Tried searching your board but couldn't really find anything. Appreciate it guys.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,364

Re: Igor Kokoškov & Luka Doncic 

Post#2 » by bwgood77 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:07 pm

bennjuiced34 wrote:Bulls fan here...now that Arturas Karnisovas is in place, a name that's come to mind for potential head coach is Igor Kokoškov.

My biggest question about him is what influence and power he had in taking Ayton (if any) over Doncic. I'd like to believe the guy who coached Doncic would've had more insight into his game than anyone else and honestly, I don't think this is a hindsight 20/20 situation.

Tried searching your board but couldn't really find anything. Appreciate it guys.

He didn't have any say.
bennjuiced34
Lead Assistant

Post#3 » by bennjuiced34 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:25 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
bennjuiced34 wrote:Bulls fan here...now that Arturas Karnisovas is in place, a name that's come to mind for potential head coach is Igor Kokoškov.

He didn't have any say.

I kinda figured as such. Thanks man.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,611

Post#4 » by lilfishi22 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:54 am

He'd tell you it was a decision everyone was on board with but it was clear the decision was probably made well before he was in the picture
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 7,561

Post#5 » by Calvin Klein » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:49 pm

I reckon he didn't have any say. It's still unbelievable they had his coach and didn't take him.
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,164

Post#6 » by bigfoot » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:10 pm

I hate Ryan McD
Wilber85
Veteran
And1: 2,421

Post#7 » by Wilber85 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:00 pm

We are happy with Ayton!

Doncic is a stud as well.

We never know how doncic would have turned out here. So lets just enjoy Ayton and Doncic in their perspectives
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,152

Post#8 » by Revived » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:05 pm

Igor Kokoskov before the draft:

Igor Kokoskov, after being fired, asked why Suns took Ayton over Luka:

Unfortunately, I cannot answer that question because of a professional code, but when you have already asked me, I will tell you that I sleep peacefully and peaceably.

https://sports.yahoo.com/former-suns-coach-igor-kokoskov-234002119.html
bennjuiced34
Lead Assistant

Post#9 » by bennjuiced34 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:58 pm

Appreciate the responses guys. It's what I figured, just wanted to make sure.
Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,254

Post#10 » by Bogyo » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:35 am

And he is not a bad coach to boot I think. He got the MMMMAAAAAJOR shaft here, as we had no PG and no PF and no bench, so he basically had to coach a team with about 3-5 NBA caliber players (some of them not starting material for sure, and some of them rookies too). He was preaching the same stuff our coach is doing now, but results were not there, becouse of personnel, and I'd think some of it is that our new coach resonates better with the young guys on our team (ie: not a middle aged, eastern european guy with a bit of a funny accent and no NBA playing time on his resume).
darmani
Sixth Man
And1: 2,728

Post#11 » by darmani » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:12 pm

Bogyo wrote:And he is not a bad coach to boot I think. He got the MMMMAAAAAJOR shaft here, as we had no PG and no PF and no bench, so he basically had to coach a team with about 3-5 NBA caliber players (some of them not starting material for sure, and some of them rookies too). He was preaching the same stuff our coach is doing now, but results were not there, becouse of personnel, and I'd think some of it is that our new coach resonates better with the young guys on our team (ie: not a middle aged, eastern european guy with a bit of a funny accent and no NBA playing time on his resume).

Stop repeating this BS. Jay Triano with Bender/Chriss and Ulis/Mike James starting in majority of the games had more wins than Kokoskov. Igor was terrible in every aspect of the coaching job. Idiotic playbook with endless dribble handoffs beyond the three point line, no in-game adjustments, head scratching lineups and rotations, poor communication with the players and no charisma at all.
"Can’t talk basketball with everybody" - Devin Booker

Return to Phoenix Suns