Wanna do a voting? Best individual series all time by Jazz players?

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

Joao Saraiva
RealGM
And1: 5,809

Wanna do a voting? Best individual series all time by Jazz players? 

Post#1 » by Joao Saraiva » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:38 am

Some time ago I ran a project here about the top 25 Jazz players of all time.

Since there is no new basketball right now, I'd like to propose the top 10 best individual series by a player in a Jazz uniform ever. Or should I make it top 20?

I gotta say I'm taking this time to rewatch some of our amazing series over the years.

What do you guys think?

Should we do this project with two day threads with votes?

Wanna share your knowledge as a Jazz fan and possibly give the youngest fans a reason to watch some old games?

Let me know what you think guys!

(Rewatching the 94 run right now, starting with San Antonio vs Utah, even tough the youtube footage is really bad I still like to rewatch these games.)
“These guys have been criticized the last few years for not getting to where we’re going, but I’ve always said that the most important thing in sports is to keep trying. Let this be an example of what it means to say it’s never over.” - Jerry Sloan
Joao Saraiva
RealGM
And1: 5,809

Re: Best individual series all time: top 10 Jazz players 

Post#2 » by Joao Saraiva » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:28 am

Well I guess there is no interet in voting for this. Thought it could be fun while there is no basketball going.
“These guys have been criticized the last few years for not getting to where we’re going, but I’ve always said that the most important thing in sports is to keep trying. Let this be an example of what it means to say it’s never over.” - Jerry Sloan
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,424

Post#3 » by Inigo Montoya » Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:30 pm

Stockton in 88-89:

27.3pts
13.7ast
3.3rbs
3.7stl
1.7blk

Total games: 3. He averaged more steals than rebounds...

BTW, I checked Malone's playoffs stats and they are pretty mind-blowing in terms of raw numbers.
https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/malonka01.html
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,203

Post#4 » by babyjax13 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:49 pm

He who shall not be named:
Gordon Hayward 2016-17 vs. Clippers. If you take out the game he was injured he averaged:
27.2p 8.2r 3.3a and was decently efficient. Probably on the tail end of the top 10, but the best series by an individual Jazz player in recent memory.

Mitchell vs. Thunder (17-18): 29/7/3/1.5s on 46/36/92 shooting
Also probably on the tail end

Sure there has to be a Deron season or two in there, maybe Boozer.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
BarneyGumble
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,210

Re: Wanna do a voting? Best individual series all time by Jazz players? 

Post#5 » by BarneyGumble » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:22 pm

AK, Memo, and Boozer all had significant injuries heading into the 2010 playoff series against the Denver Nuggets. If memory serves me correctly, Memo missed the entire series and we were starting Krylo Fesenko. Nuggets were the favorites.

Deron Williams averaged 26/11/3 on percentages of 50/48/80 and totally controlled the series. I remember it standing out to me at the time as one of the more dominant series I've seen by one Jazz man....

Return to Utah Jazz