ImageImageImage

Trade Central 19-20 / cap info (pg.1)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,813

Re: Trade Central 19-20 / cap info (pg.1) 

Post#561 » by dirkforpres » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:25 pm

Darren wrote:Powell, Jackson, Brunson and one of the draftees from draft night to Denver for Barton and Diop in case Hardaway opts out from contract. The Mavs make a run at Van Vleet instead.

C - KP / Kleber / Boban
PF - DFS / Broekhoff at min? / combo forward draftee who complements KP and Doncic well
SF - Doncic / Diop
SG - Barton / Wright
PG - FVV / Curry / Barea at min?

Honestly, is that team any better than this years roster? I don’t like the idea of trading guys just to trade them. We have a lot of good, not great players but combining 2 of them with the picks and a future pick should/could be enough to go after a legitimate 3rd to put next to Luka and Porzingis. Getting guys like Fournier and Gordon for that same package does more for us than Barton and FVV would... or a proven commodity like a CJ McCollum, Myles Turner, Jarrett Allen, etc
FIRE JASON KIDD
Darren
RealGM
And1: 823

Post#562 » by Darren » Wed Apr 1, 2020 1:52 am

dirkforpres wrote:
Darren wrote:Powell, Jackson, Brunson and one of the draftees from draft night to Denver for Barton and Diop in case Hardaway opts out from contract. The Mavs make a run at Van Vleet instead.

C - KP / Kleber / Boban
PF - DFS / Broekhoff at min? / combo forward draftee who complements KP and Doncic well
SF - Doncic / Diop
SG - Barton / Wright

Honestly, is that team any better than this years roster? I don’t like the idea of trading guys just to trade them. We have a lot of good, not great players but combining 2 of them with the picks and a future pick should/could be enough to go after a legitimate 3rd to put next to Luka and Porzingis. Getting guys like Fournier and Gordon for that same package does more for us than Barton and FVV would... or a proven commodity like a CJ McCollum, Myles Turner, Jarrett Allen, etc

I can understand the unwillingness to trade away pick. But coming draft is lacking capable defender. Diop, meanwhile, is second round worthy. Barton simply contribute more than Brunson. Jackson is unplayable. Powell's losing athleticism and season-ending surgery worry me. Anyway, you can't keep the same team unless overpaying Hardaway. Van Vleet Barton and FVV hit at least 37% from beyond the arc. FVV is Curry with speed. playmaking and clutchness. Curry, replacing Brunson, instantly makes the 2nd unit competitive with better defense.
Darren
RealGM

Post#563 » by Darren » Wed Apr 1, 2020 2:15 am

I am also interested in Malik Beasley who's 23 yo version of TH.
Michaellam1987
Rookie
And1: 357

Post#564 » by Michaellam1987 » Wed Apr 1, 2020 3:37 am

Darren wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:

C - KP / Kleber / Boban
SF - Doncic / Diop
SG - Barton / Wright

I can understand the unwillingness to trade away pick. But coming draft is lacking capable defender. Diop, meanwhile, is second round worthy. Barton simply contribute more than Brunson. Jackson is unplayable. Powell's losing athleticism and season-ending surgery worry me. Anyway, you can't keep the same team unless overpaying Hardaway. Van Vleet Barton and FVV hit at least 37% from beyond the arc. FVV is Curry with speed. playmaking and clutchness. Curry, replacing Brunson, instantly makes the 2nd unit competitive with better defense.

DEN wont take Powell's contract right now, unless he is proved to be 100% healthy again. Brunson will not have a role in DEN when the presence of Murray and Morris securing the PG position. Also, how much you will be willing to pay for FVV, which I think will cost at least 18M+ per year
swaggerbox
Freshman
And1: 13

Post#565 » by swaggerbox » Wed Apr 1, 2020 9:51 am

Darren wrote:I am also interested in Malik Beasley who's 23 yo version of TH.

Beasley would be a great addition but he will be very expensive. I dont think the Mavericks would be players in the offseason unless it nets them a third star. They are still dreaming of Giannis in 2021 and I dont think they will do anything to take them out of the equation.
Darren
RealGM

Post#566 » by Darren » Tue Apr 7, 2020 3:42 am

Michaellam1987 wrote:
Darren wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:

DEN wont take Powell's contract right now, unless he is proved to be 100% healthy again. Brunson will not have a role in DEN when the presence of Murray and Morris securing the PG position. Also, how much you will be willing to pay for FVV, which I think will cost at least 18M+ per year

For Van Vleet, I think starter money should be fine. Around the salary Houston gives to Capela to me. I think FVV is an underrated impact player with 2 SPG per 36 mins, 38% from arc and clutch playmaking. This impact is actually more impactul than Capela on court. FVV is actually 111 offensively and 106 defensively. Think about the role FVV currently taking to Toronto. Things could be a lot easier with Doncic and KP around. I'd take FVV and find 4 or 2 in upcoming drafts. Those kind of dirty work players are abundant in every year draft in Mavs draft range. Normally combo guard plays bad defense. But FVV is not. Watching FVV plays against the Mavs, I think FVV deserves even more credit. Dude hits 38% from the arc despite playing against best defenders on nightly basis. Things would change significantly with Doncic and KP around. This also diversifys the floor game in clutch situation with speedy pick-n-roll 3 point threat with FVV. KP would be significantly better with a pick-n-roll mate in FVV. Think about the scenario with a procession for a win with FVV / Doncic running pick-n-roll with KP with Broekhoff and Curry at the corner. Defenders have to pick the poison with no chance.
Darren
RealGM

Post#567 » by Darren » Tue Apr 7, 2020 3:51 am

swaggerbox wrote:

Beasley would be a great addition but he will be very expensive. I dont think the Mavericks would be players in the offseason unless it nets them a third star. They are still dreaming of Giannis in 2021 and I dont think they will do anything to take them out of the equation.

Hardaway could be even more expensive in my opinion. I am not sold on Giannis availability. Giannis is likely staying in Milwaukee. The East is so much easier. And the Bucks could pay an extra year with a 30-plus player.
aguiar95
Rookie
And1: 552

Post#568 » by aguiar95 » Thu Apr 9, 2020 3:46 pm

We currently have 10 players signed for next year. 11 if you take into account THJ probably taking his PO. WCS is a mistery, but let's assume he opts out since RC doesn't give him minutes. We still have the full MLE and both our draft picks.

KP/Doncic/THJ/Kleber/Curry/DFS/Powell/Boban/MLE guy (SF/PF backup) aren't going anywhere (I hope so). I'm high on our 1st this year and I feel we can get a real contributor on a rookie deal (SF/PF backup). JJB probably retires, MKG is out and Lee might come back on a vet min. I prefer keeping Wright over JB (even though DW he gets on my nerves, I feel Brunson paired with Seth is a disaster on the defense).

What could we possibly get for Wright or Brunson/Jackson/18th pick/31st pick? Or should we just keep them and let them grow organically as a 15-man roster? Wright + Jackson can take back 17,6M on salary. If you add Boban (if WCS opts in) it goes up to 22M.

Doncic/Wright/Brunson
THJ/Curry/Lee
DFS/18th pick/Jackson
Kleber/MLE/31st pick
KP/Boban/(Powell)
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#569 » by arkuo » Thu Apr 9, 2020 7:58 pm

aguiar95 wrote:We currently have 10 players signed for next year. 11 if you take into account THJ probably taking his PO. WCS is a mistery, but let's assume he opts out since RC doesn't give him minutes. We still have the full MLE and both our draft picks.

KP/Doncic/THJ/Kleber/Curry/DFS/Powell/Boban/MLE guy (SF/PF backup) aren't going anywhere (I hope so). I'm high on our 1st this year and I feel we can get a real contributor on a rookie deal (SF/PF backup). JJB probably retires, MKG is out and Lee might come back on a vet min. I prefer keeping Wright over JB (even though DW he gets on my nerves, I feel Brunson paired with Seth is a disaster on the defense).

What could we possibly get for Wright or Brunson/Jackson/18th pick/31st pick? Or should we just keep them and let them grow organically as a 15-man roster? Wright + Jackson can take back 17,6M on salary. If you add Boban (if WCS opts in) it goes up to 22M.

Doncic/Wright/Brunson
THJ/Curry/Lee
DFS/18th pick/Jackson
Kleber/MLE/31st pick
KP/Boban/(Powell)

Brunson is the teacher's pet. Carlisle and his dad are friends. So it would take a hell of a deal to twost Carlisle's arm to agree to trade his friend's kid. On the flip side, that would just be an unrealistic trade value for the opposing team to match.
dirkforpres
RealGM

Post#570 » by dirkforpres » Thu Apr 9, 2020 8:28 pm

arkuo wrote:
aguiar95 wrote:We currently have 10 players signed for next year. 11 if you take into account THJ probably taking his PO. WCS is a mistery, but let's assume he opts out since RC doesn't give him minutes. We still have the full MLE and both our draft picks.

Doncic/Wright/Brunson
THJ/Curry/Lee
DFS/18th pick/Jackson
Kleber/MLE/31st pick
KP/Boban/(Powell)

Brunson is the teacher's pet. Carlisle and his dad are friends. So it would take a hell of a deal to twost Carlisle's arm to agree to trade his friend's kid. On the flip side, that would just be an unrealistic trade value for the opposing team to match.

Yeah I don’t think Brunson gets traded, but mainly because he’s good friends with Luka vs Carlisle being friends with his dad.

Wright, the picks, Hardaway, Powell, and Boban are the only ones that I could possibly see getting traded if the right deal came along
FIRE JASON KIDD
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 845

Post#571 » by Teffer10 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:01 am

I still think Josh Richardson is a guy that would be a great fit for us.
I'm wondering what it would take to pry him away from Philly.

Wright/2020 1st/2020 2nd (GSW)?
Curry/Jackson/2020 1st?

Philly is in dire need of shooting and Curry would fit the bill.
I love what Curry can do for us but Richardson is a much better defender and a decent 3pt shooter....and is 3 years younger than Curry.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,997

Post#572 » by Mr B » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:41 am

Darren wrote:
swaggerbox wrote:

Hardaway could be even more expensive in my opinion. I am not sold on Giannis availability. Giannis is likely staying in Milwaukee. The East is so much easier. And the Bucks could pay an extra year with a 30-plus player.

The rumor is that the Mavs may have a big interest in Rudy Gobert. If they get a sense that Giannis is not looking at them they will us their attention on Gobert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Teffer10
Head Coach

Post#573 » by Teffer10 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:31 am

Mr B wrote:
Darren wrote:
swaggerbox wrote:

The rumor is that the Mavs may have a big interest in Rudy Gobert. If they get a sense that Giannis is not looking at them they will us their attention on Gobert.

I’d love to get Rudy but honestly I don’t see the fit. KP and Rudy with Maxi would be a dream defensive frontline but I don’t see Rick having a high interest in him.
dirkforpres
RealGM

Post#574 » by dirkforpres » Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:39 am

Mr B wrote:
Darren wrote:
swaggerbox wrote:

Not sure where you’re seeing the rumor, but it would make sense if it’s true. Foreign big men are a staple in Dallas... Him being 29 in the first year of his next contract is a little nerve racking though considering he will command a max contract and doesn’t stretch the floor really at all though
FIRE JASON KIDD
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#575 » by arkuo » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:15 pm

I dont think Gobert would work well with KP. Both being 7'2 and 7'3 respectively cannot switch to guard wings on pick and rolls. And with Luka being slow on defense, that only leaves 2 players in our starting lineup who can guard wings. I mean, do we really want that?

If you want a clue on a player type we are after, you just have to look how we chased down Danny Green. Twice. That gives you an idea of what type of player Carlisle needs for next season.
Michaellam1987
Rookie
And1: 357

Post#576 » by Michaellam1987 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:45 am

Forget about Gobert, we don't have the assets to trade for him, nor we should do so, especially when he will seek his next Max contract extension next year. We have KP at Max contract doing similar thing already. Our MAX contract target must be a big wing, that can shoot + play defense, and can take over offensively when Luka/KP is playing poorly
Teffer10
Head Coach

Post#577 » by Teffer10 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:35 pm

Michaellam1987 wrote:Forget about Gobert, we don't have the assets to trade for him, nor we should do so, especially when he will seek his next Max contract extension next year. We have KP at Max contract doing similar thing already. Our MAX contract target must be a big wing, that can shoot + play defense, and can take over offensively when Luka/KP is playing poorly

Yeah Gobert doesn't make sense at all for us.

I still think Morris is a good short-term option for that big wing and we should consider targeting a potential long-term solution in this draft. I think that might have been the thinking when drafting Roby last year.

I wouldn't waste that 2nd round pick on a big like Azubuike that won't see any playing time in Carlisle's system. I think there could be a decent big wing in the 31st range. There should be a starter quality SG available with our first pick so I would go that route with our first unless some ridiculous situation would arise that would net us someone like Beal or an obvious lotto quality player should slip to us.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#578 » by Mr B » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:50 pm

dirkforpres wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Darren wrote:

Not sure where you’re seeing the rumor, but it would make sense if it’s true. Foreign big men are a staple in Dallas... Him being 29 in the first year of his next contract is a little nerve racking though considering he will command a max contract and doesn’t stretch the floor really at all though

That rumor has been floating around for a little while now. I can’t remember who said it first, Fish I think.

Mr B
RealGM

Post#579 » by Mr B » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:58 pm

Michaellam1987 wrote:Forget about Gobert, we don't have the assets to trade for him, nor we should do so, especially when he will seek his next Max contract extension next year. We have KP at Max contract doing similar thing already. Our MAX contract target must be a big wing, that can shoot + play defense, and can take over offensively when Luka/KP is playing poorly

You’re right, the Mavs don’t have the assets to trade for him. Although we didn’t think we had the assets to get KP either. It took KP to have a falling out with the team and force a trade. I don’t think Gobert is quite to that level yet with the Jazz but there is some friction. I still think they could get a better offer for Gobert but you never know.

As for his fit, not ideal but also not bad. KP played the 4 in NY and even though is better suited as a center I think the fit could work. Their interior defense would be amazing! So would their rebounding. If the Mavs have a chance to add a talent like Gobert they need to be all over it. You acquire the talent and worry about the fit later. If the Mavs trade for him it would also give them a player they could entice the Bucks to trade for if Giannis is adamant about leaving Milwaukee. I other team would have a player of that caliber (willing to trade) to offer up to Milwaukee in a sign and trade for Giannis.

dirkforpres
RealGM

Post#580 » by dirkforpres » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:00 pm

I think Gobert next to KP is problematic mainly because Porzingis looked so good playing C this year and it’s becoming adamantly clear that that’s where he needs to be lined up. Where it gets interesting is that Mitchell and Gobert probably have close to the same price tag, and Mitchell is the perfect off ball guard for Luka
FIRE JASON KIDD

Return to Dallas Mavericks