ImageImageImage

Is Seko and Sf or Pf

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

aad
Starter
And1: 460

Is Seko and Sf or Pf 

Post#1 » by aad » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:02 am

What position is he best suited to play going forward he look more like a sf to me
Spider156
Head Coach
And1: 1,371

Re: Is Seko and Sf or Pf 

Post#2 » by Spider156 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:19 am

Interchangable in today's NBA. Guys like Ingram are SF/PF because of their height. I think Seko can do both but he's a SF like Siakam.
Defense wins championships
vic
Veteran
And1: 1,044

Post#3 » by vic » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:42 am

Hes a PF if you want to have a chance to win
SF if you want to lose

Until he gets enough skill to create off the dribble with an assist/turnover ratio greater than 2.0. Then he can play the 3 on a winning team.
You need 2-way wings, 2-way shooting bigs, and you can't allow low iq players on the court. Assist/turnover ratio is crucial. Shooting point guards are icing on the cake IF they are plus defenders.
Weaver & Casey, govern yourselves accordingly!
jakebernat
Sixth Man
And1: 767

Post#4 » by jakebernat » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:32 am

he’s a PF who can defend some SF’s. he’s still so raw though, there’s a chance his ball handling and decision making could improve.

BUT I do think he and Christian would can play together fairly effortlessly as both play within the flow of the game.
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#5 » by Manocad » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:48 pm

It’s a moot point. Depending on the matchups game to game he may be defending a small forward or a power forward. Relative to his offensive game, he’s a small forward from what I saw.
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#6 » by DBC10 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:16 pm

Spider156 wrote:Interchangable in today's NBA. Guys like Ingram are SF/PF because of their height. I think Seko can do both but he's a SF like Siakam.

Pascal is their full time PF recently. He doesn't really play SF anymore due to injuries in their front court. They maximized his talents and spacing with him and Serge.

I think Sekou is more of a PF anyways. He can utilize his quickness for face ups
Billl
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,369

Post#7 » by Billl » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:46 pm

Right now, probably a 3 for most of his minutes, but he can do both. Once he fills out a bit more, I'd expect that to switch. Of course, that depends on matchups and who else we draft/sign. That's kinda the point of going with long, skilled wings. You can mix and match pretty easily and don't need to find the perfect complimentary players. It's not like starting with someone like Dre where only a very specific type of 4 is going to really pair well with him.
hoophabit
Analyst
And1: 1,350

Post#8 » by hoophabit » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:27 pm

I'm thinking in the long run likely a 4, but it's rather early to make this judgement. We'll know more with a little seasoning.
DetroitDon15
General Manager
And1: 476

Post#9 » by DetroitDon15 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:45 am

I think that Seko is probably a small forward at the moment. I know that the NBA has turned to more of a shooters league but I’m not sure about his low post moves . You need them if you play PF. I think on the current team with Blake and Wood (if he resigns) that he will be forced to SF.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,747

Post#10 » by Snakebites » Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:16 pm

My instinct says 4 just because I think smaller is the way to play in general these days, but we frankly haven’t seen enough. He’s played a smattering if minutes over a relatively short period of time and, let’s face it, most of them have been just him struggling to figure stuff out.

The distinction between a four and a 3 just isn’t what it used to be, either.
Uncle Mxy
General Manager
And1: 1,942

Post#11 » by Uncle Mxy » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:48 pm

He's a D'Antoni or Kerr center.
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#12 » by Manocad » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:25 am

Snakebites wrote:My instinct says 4 just because I think smaller is the way to play in general these days, but we frankly haven’t seen enough. He’s played a smattering if minutes over a relatively short period of time and, let’s face it, most of them have been just him struggling to figure stuff out.

The distinction between a four and a 3 just isn’t what it used to be, either.

Traditionally I always looked at a PF as kind of half center, half forward. Can bang and play with his back to the basket but can also put it on the floor and slash. And a SF was half forward, half shooting guard. Could put it on the floor and slash but also spot up from mid range or deeper.

I don't see Sekou as a back to the basket banger, so not a PF in the traditional sense. But yeah, as long as your front court can score, defend, grab boards and get the guards open, it doesn't matter what you call them or what traditional role they most resemble.
SamFlow
Pro Prospect
And1: 199

Post#13 » by SamFlow » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:58 pm

Not sure at this point. I tend to lead to PF. I could see us drafting Deni to put at SF. Maybe he plays sf against the bigger stronger sf's. but against the smaller faster, no. So a tweener. But I'd say 70% pf at this point. Robert Horry like. --- Same thing with Woods. Is he a center or a pf? I think he can do both just fine. I wouldn't be against getting a center in the draft that allows woods to play pf. I see blake being here for just this year and next. Unless we are contending. So only here two years max if he's playing well. But that's not a given. --- PG and SF, imo, are the toughest positions to fill in this gen nba. SG the least important and most easily filled. Pg, Sf, Pf, Sg, C.
BigDaddyJungle
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,042

Post#14 » by Laimbeer » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:51 pm

I know it's really early but I think it's fair to ask if we're certain he's a NBA player at all? It was concerning just how bad he was for pretty long stretches.
Invictus88
Analyst
And1: 1,672

Post#15 » by Invictus88 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:59 pm

I think it's fairly common for young players to struggle both with consistency and endurance as they are faced with longer minutes / more games.

Sekou was known to be a bit of a project going in so I'm not surprised to see both.

That said I think Laimbeer's point is valid. Like most rookie projects hasn't really proven anything yet. Just flashes.
Moses ShamMoses
Analyst
And1: 1,314

Post#16 » by Moses ShamMoses » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:22 pm

Laimbeer wrote:I know it's really early but I think it's fair to ask if we're certain he's a NBA player at all? It was concerning just how bad he was for pretty long stretches.

We don''t know yet. He has shown flashes of being an NBA player but without eventual consistency (and likely improvement) he will flame out of the league. Coaches and front offices eventually get tired of giving guys chances and move on. I'm not down on Sekou as a prospect at all, I'm just saying its too early to know much.
Jeff Van Gundy on his brother's Pistons: 'He took over the Titanic and it's sinking even quicker'
DetroitDon15
General Manager
And1: 476

Post#17 » by DetroitDon15 » Thu May 7, 2020 3:16 am

If they resign Wood, it’s gonna SF.
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,942

Post#18 » by ducler » Thu May 7, 2020 5:19 am

Or a SF/PF back-up like Williamson was.
a-French-Fan
Senior
And1: 304

Post#19 » by a-French-Fan » Sat May 16, 2020 11:12 am

Please, develop him as a PF:

Because France roster fo Paris 2024:
PG: it will be a hard choice (Ntilikina, Malédon, Hayes, Strazel, and you never know, Okobo may improve)

SG: Fournier, De Colo if still healthy, or a combo-guard (So Hayes). Maybe we will have some good surprise with Mokoka or N'doye

SF : with small ball, you may use Fournier as SF. You never know, Batum may Come back to a correct level for his last tournament. Jaylen Hoard, if he show some improvement, probably will be the starter. Of course, don't forget Luwavu-Cabarot.

PF: except Sekou used as a 4, this is our weakness for 2024. I don't imagine Moerman playing his 2018-2019 level in 2024, Yabusele disappointed me ... Si WE need Sékou as a 4.

C: Gobert, and then Poirier, Lauvergne, Lesort etc ...

So, I wish Sékou to become a PF :)

(With small ball, hard to atrribute defined position, you may play with 3 guards and two tall forwards ...)
Frank Ntilikina is a play-off player, but he goes to the Hornets.

Paris 2024 (Starters):
Ntilikina - Malédon - Hayes
Coulibaly - De Colo
TLC - Rupert or Risacher
Wembanyama- Yabusele
Embiid- Poirier - Lessort [without Embiid: Fall]
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,866

Post#20 » by MotownMadness » Sat May 16, 2020 6:04 pm

PF