Spencer Dinwiddie To Play For Nigeria National Team After Acquiring Nigerian Passport

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Spencer Dinwiddie To Play For Nigeria National Team After Acquiring Nigerian Passport 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:24 pm

Spencer Dinwiddie will acquire a Nigerian passport and play for the Nigeria national team, league sources told Shams Charania of The Athletic.

Dinwiddie, who is averaging 20.6 points and 6.8 assists on the season, did not receive a Team USA Olympic invite.

Dinwiddie will join Al-Farouq Aminu, Josh Okogie, Chimezie Metu, and Ekpe Udoh on Nigeria, who are also coached by Mike Brown. 

Via Shams Charania/The Athletic

FreeBoosie
Senior
And1: 119

Re: Spencer Dinwiddie To Play For Nigeria National Team After Acquiring Nigerian Passport 

Post#2 » by FreeBoosie » Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:14 am

Seems like Nigeria is “where it’s at!”
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 509

Re: Spencer Dinwiddie To Play For Nigeria National Team After Acquiring Nigerian Passport 

Post#3 » by TheCage4 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:53 pm

Well I hope the rest of that roster is equipped with secondary scorers outside of Dimwit, otherwise they’ll be putting up less than 40ppg.
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore
12footrim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,316

Post#4 » by 12footrim » Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:55 pm

Has the guy even been to Nigeria before?
Where I write

The Hoops Resource
Dr Huge Pecs
Senior
And1: 79

Post#5 » by Dr Huge Pecs » Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:59 am

Spencer is always trying a little too hard, isnt he?

He actually played for team usa in 2013 in the university games...not good enough to make it now...just become nigerian. Just read his wiki page, no mention of nigeria whatsoever. No family...hmmm a) spencer wants in on the olympics ( that arent happening ) to boost his profile. He picked nigeria because...well apparently you dont have to renounce your citizenship to get their passport And also because spencer Is always trying a little too hard to come. This fits into his personal narrative he has running through his head 24/7.

Guess what Spencer X, no one gives a f&$#.

Have fun not playing this summer...then getting your ass kicked by australia whenever the olympics do come back.
Vibranium
Rookie
And1: 1,938

Post#6 » by Vibranium » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:57 am

Lol, people on here really that mad that he decided to make the best decision and have the opportunity to play in the Olympics as opposed to just hoping to one day receive an invitation? :lol:
Read on Twitter
jlokine
Analyst
And1: 3,934

Post#7 » by jlokine » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:27 am

probably sold shares on his contract (or whatever it was he was trying to do) to nigerian prince who in exchange gave him a passport...
birdlives_ma
Senior
And1: 779

Post#8 » by birdlives_ma » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:20 am

Never could stand when dudes do this. If I was on Nigeria’s team, and I’ve worked hard repping my country, would I even want him on my team? An actual Nigerian or Nigerian-born player will get left off the team to accommodate him, that would royally p*ss me off
12footrim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,316

Post#9 » by 12footrim » Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:50 pm

birdlives_ma wrote:Never could stand when dudes do this. If I was on Nigeria’s team, and I’ve worked hard repping my country, would I even want him on my team? An actual Nigerian or Nigerian-born player will get left off the team to accommodate him, that would royally p*ss me off

It reminds me of the church league I played in as a kid. I played for a church I didn't even go to, then when my church got a team there were people that didn't even go to church at all on it. Basically needed them to even be competitive.
Where I write

The Hoops Resource
jlokine
Analyst
And1: 3,934

Post#10 » by jlokine » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:12 pm

birdlives_ma wrote:Never could stand when dudes do this. If I was on Nigeria’s team, and I’ve worked hard repping my country, would I even want him on my team? An actual Nigerian or Nigerian-born player will get left off the team to accommodate him, that would royally p*ss me off

on the flip side tho, the counter argument is success breeds success... say u had all nigerians on the team and the team just kept sucking, it's hard to inspire a generation of kids to pick up basketball.. i think soccer is number 1 sport in nigeria.

Return to Wiretap Discussion