Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,231

OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#1 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:42 pm

Other thread maxed out
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,965

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#2 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:47 pm

Had no idea chest freezers would be impossible to find. Finally ordered one from Menards but it won't be available for at least three weeks.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,327

Post#3 » by crkone » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:56 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Had no idea chest freezers would be impossible to find. Finally ordered one from Menards but it won't be available for at least three weeks.
Well with the upcoming meat apocalypse people must be preparing.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,660

Post#4 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:57 pm

Disappointed this thread wasn't renamed 'sandwich talk'

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:57 pm

crkone wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Had no idea chest freezers would be impossible to find. Finally ordered one from Menards but it won't be available for at least three weeks.
Well with the upcoming meat apocalypse people must be preparing.

Really gonna miss a good thick cut bone in pork chop.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,940

Post#6 » by humanrefutation » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:09 pm

We're talking sandwiches, going at it as hard as we can!
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:46 am

Up for only another 24 hours or so. I heard this soundtrack dozens of times growing up because of my mom, finally saw it off-Broadway maybe 20 years ago. It's good stuff.
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,118

Post#8 » by LittleRooster » Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:18 am

ReasonablySober wrote:

Up for only another 24 hours or so. I heard this soundtrack dozens of times growing up because of my mom, finally saw it off-Broadway maybe 20 years ago. It's good stuff.

Michael Crawford was so good in this role and to me has always been the definitive Phantom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:29 am

LittleRooster wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

Michael Crawford was so good in this role and to me has always been the definitive Phantom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

100%
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,645

Post#10 » by chonestown » Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:26 pm

humanrefutation wrote:We're talking sandwiches, going at it as hard as we can!

Fine, I'll say what everybody's wanted to say but are too cowed by current events to let their voice ring out clearly.

Sandwiches are dope.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

MickeyDavis: "OT Pants is gone forever. Cherish the Memory." (3/28/23)
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:02 am

Discovered my Covid hobby. I got into some Wild Turkey last night, accepted every FB friend request I had, then sent out requests for everyone they suggested. Hungover woke up to like 40 alerts. I don't even use or like FB. But a girl I went out on a date with a couple times and I are now talking and a cool gorgeous bartender I only sort of know wants to hang out. #Covid2020
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,014

Post#12 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:11 am

I normally pride myself on not hoping on the hedonistic treadmill but my car has keyless start (keep remote in pocket to enter and start car). I get visibly upset when I use my wife's car and have to dig the key out of my pocket after already sitting only to realize I have to turn the ignition. It's like going back in time ten years.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,645

Post#13 » by chonestown » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:17 am

ReasonablySober wrote:Discovered my Covid hobby. I got into some Wild Turkey last night, accepted every FB friend request I had, then sent out requests for everyone they suggested. Hungover woke up to like 40 alerts. I don't even use or like FB. But a girl I went out on a date with a couple times and I are now talking and a cool gorgeous bartender I only sort of know wants to hang out. #Covid2020

Hell yeah. Mazol tov, my brother.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

MickeyDavis: "OT Pants is gone forever. Cherish the Memory." (3/28/23)
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,641

Post#14 » by emunney » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:22 am

I'd have a calzone with the right stuff on it. I'd have a damn stromboli.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,169
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#15 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:04 pm

I gave myself a quarantine buzz and I am depressed by what has gone on on the top of my dome between about 12 years ago when I last did a buzz and now.

I figured this would be a trial run for when I probably just need to figure out what to do with a bald top of the dome in 5-10 years but for now I am wearing a hat much more often.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#16 » by humanrefutation » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:39 pm

Kerb Hohl wrote:I gave myself a quarantine buzz and I am depressed by what has gone on on the top of my dome between about 12 years ago when I last did a buzz and now.

I figured this would be a trial run for when I probably just need to figure out what to do with a bald top of the dome in 5-10 years but for now I am wearing a hat much more often.

I remember when I finally realized that I was fighting a losing battle with hair loss. I took a picture of the top of my head, looked at it, and realized that all that remained was what George Costanza once eloquently described as "the historic remains of a once great society of hair."

Then I went to my barber and had them shave it all off, and have stuck with that ever since.
vital_signs
Analyst
And1: 2,239

Post#17 » by vital_signs » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:46 pm

I got an accidental buzz a few years ago because I mumble and the haircut lady thought i said number 1 all over. As someone who has only one adult male on either side that has hair it was somewhat refreshing to see how it looked. I got mixed reviews from others but i felt pretty badass rocking it. Could never tell if looks on the bus were because I look great or if I looked like a skinhead though. Probably the latter :(
Inadequate perception I reckon it's from the Valium
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,169
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#18 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:50 pm

humanrefutation wrote:
Kerb Hohl wrote:I gave myself a quarantine buzz and I am depressed by what has gone on on the top of my dome between about 12 years ago when I last did a buzz and now.

I remember when I finally realized that I was fighting a losing battle with hair loss. I took a picture of the top of my head, looked at it, and realized that all that remained was what George Costanza once eloquently described as "the historic remains of a once great society of hair."

Then I went to my barber and had them shave it all off, and have stuck with that ever since.

I'm not there YET. My issue was, "eh, I might not mind buzzing it really short because right now without a professional haircut for 2 more months, the sides are starting to look longer than the top [because it is thinning]."

So I buzzed the whole thing down to a 1 and then realized that the thinning up top is for real and that my forehead looks gigantic given that I have receited/thinned out pretty far back towards the middle plus the spot up top.

I can grow this back out and have it look pretty full for another 5 years or so but then I think it's time to consider the full shave/buzz.

I think once my beard comes back in with it (I happened to have shaved that day but my facial hair grows quite fast) and just a bit more growth on the hair and I'll look fine. With no stubble and the deep recession in the front it just looked like I was already bald up top.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#19 » by humanrefutation » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:04 pm

I will say the nice thing about shaving your head is that you don't have to GAF that the salons are closed right now. Makes no difference.

I do miss being able to get my beard trimmed and lined up by my barber, though. I did it myself last week and while it came out pretty nicely, it still isn't the same as having someone else do it for you.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,124

Post#20 » by DingleJerry » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:37 pm

I've done the opposite. Going full caveman, see how weird I can get with it. I made the mistake of getting a cut the day before they closed barbers, figuring this would happen, that would've added another 5ish weeks to the mop I have now and whatever it ends up by May/June. Honestly the beard is getting very annoying and I don't know how long I can go, but I'm gonna keep my head down and power through.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks