Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Re: Future Draft Classes (Prospects) II 

Post#141 » by GimmeDat » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:22 am

I kind of wonder whether it makes sense for a guy of Walker's caliber to skip. Seems like someone to benefit more from multiple years developing at a program, whether that be professionally or in the NCAA. If he just trains he might just slip into obscurity. He won't be ready for the NBA in a years time, hard to see him drafted, personally.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,184

Post#142 » by clyde21 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:32 am

GimmeDat wrote:I kind of wonder whether it makes sense for a guy of Walker's caliber to skip. Seems like someone to benefit more from multiple years developing at a program, whether that be professionally or in the NCAA. If he just trains he might just slip into obscurity. He won't be ready for the NBA in a years time, hard to see him drafted, personally.

Mitchell Robinson/Darius Bazley route
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#143 » by GimmeDat » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:51 am

clyde21 wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:I kind of wonder whether it makes sense for a guy of Walker's caliber to skip. Seems like someone to benefit more from multiple years developing at a program, whether that be professionally or in the NCAA. If he just trains he might just slip into obscurity. He won't be ready for the NBA in a years time, hard to see him drafted, personally.

Mitchell Robinson/Darius Bazley route

Yep, I don't think Walker's that good though. Closer to a Kenyon Martin Jr situation.
karkinos
Head Coach
And1: 2,058

Post#144 » by karkinos » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:28 pm

with the hype these kids are coming out of HS with, makes 100% sense imo to avoid college.
lamelo didn't have a stellar year but he's got fat pockets and still projected to be a lottery pick
rj hampton also played some limited minutes but imo got a much more meaningful experience playing against overseas pros. stat sheet also not great. hell, neither guy shot over 45% from the field or 30% from 3 and he's still in the first round with a guaranteed contract.

i used to be a pro college guy but tbh i feel the more the nba has transitioned into a pnr, drive and dish league and the value of a college education has been drastically reduced and diluted, it makes less sense for these kids to be there at all.
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,310

Post#145 » by DirtyDez » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:56 am

Ziaire is a top-3 sleeper if Terry comes back to Stanford. That team would compliment him nicely.
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#146 » by clyde21 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:43 am

that top 3 gonna be tough to sneak into
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#147 » by No-Man » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:03 am

Terry isn't coming back, I got word
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,509

Post#148 » by LofJ » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:41 pm

So who do you guys like in the top 5 of next year's draft? I hope my Hornets will be blessed by the lottery in what appears to be a very good draft class.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#149 » by Marcus » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:40 pm

LofJ wrote:So who do you guys like in the top 5 of next year's draft? I hope my Hornets will be blessed by the lottery in what appears to be a very good draft class.

As it stands:

Cade Cunningham
Jalen Green
Evan Mobley
Johnathan Kuminga if he reclasses
Jalen Johnson

I think any of those kids help your Hornets
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
clyde21
RealGM

Post#150 » by clyde21 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:41 pm

LofJ wrote:So who do you guys like in the top 5 of next year's draft? I hope my Hornets will be blessed by the lottery in what appears to be a very good draft class.

if you land anywhere in the top 5 you'll have no problem getting a legit blue chip guy, it's gonna be a great class at the top
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#151 » by Marcus » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:22 pm

clyde21 wrote:

if you land anywhere in the top 5 you'll have no problem getting a legit blue chip guy, it's gonna be a great class at the top

Since Scottie is sticking around where do you have him in the 21 class as of now?
Watch More Basketball

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
clyde21
RealGM

Post#152 » by clyde21 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:37 pm

Marcus wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

Since Scottie is sticking around where do you have him in the 21 class as of now?

this would be my early top10 heading into next season

JG
Cade
Kuminga (if he's in)
Mobley
Garuba
Lewis
Johnson
Oscar
Todd
Diabate
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#153 » by Marcus » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:39 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Marcus wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

JG
Cade
Kuminga (if he's in)
Mobley
Garuba
Lewis
Johnson
Oscar
Todd
Diabate

Don't think I ever got your thoughts on my Scottie. What you think of him as a prospect?
Watch More Basketball

clyde21
RealGM

Post#154 » by clyde21 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:43 pm

Marcus wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Marcus wrote:

JG
Cade
Kuminga (if he's in)
Mobley
Garuba
Lewis
Johnson
Oscar
Todd
Diabate

Don't think I ever got your thoughts on my Scottie. What you think of him as a prospect?

Barnes is tbd for me, can't really get a good read on him honestly, I want to see how his role evolves in college if it does and take it from there...whats ur selling point on him?
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#155 » by Marcus » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:03 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Marcus wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

JG
Cade
Kuminga (if he's in)
Mobley
Garuba
Lewis
Johnson
Oscar
Todd
Diabate

Barnes is tbd for me, can't really get a good read on him honestly, I want to see how his role evolves in college if it does and take it from there...whats ur selling point on him?

Ultimate glue guy, defensive versatility, frame, effort, IQ. Legit think he's a Draymond type you plug into your system and let him find his spot. Think he's late Lotto mid first type. If he's put in position to put up numbers maybe early Lotto but I think he's a first for sure if he gets PT.
Watch More Basketball

crows2
Senior
And1: 558

Post#156 » by crows2 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:23 am

1. Cunningham
2. Green
3. Kuminga
4. Mobley
5. Johnson
Sea2003
Sophomore
And1: 97

Post#157 » by Sea2003 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:01 am

Cade Cunnigham
Jalen Green
Kuminga
Jalen Johnson
Mobely
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#158 » by Marcus » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:48 am

Seems to be a general consensus
Watch More Basketball

No-Man
RealGM

Post#159 » by No-Man » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:37 am

I'd have Suggs and Garuba over Green and Johnson

Cade

Kuminga
Mobley

Suggs
Garuba
No-Man
RealGM

Post#160 » by No-Man » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:57 pm

DirtyDez wrote:
Fischella wrote:AZ is putting together a really weird team for Sean Miller to coach (?)

Williams-Kriisa
Brown-Akinjo
Baker-Terry
Lee-Mathurin
Brown-Koloko

small guards overall, shooting, dynamism, very little in terms of size inside, pretty confused :-?

Brandon Williams has a condition where he can’t receive blood flow to cartilage in his knee. If he plays again I think he’ll be very limited. I like Mathurin a lot and think he starts at the 3.

Well in that case

Brown-Kriisa-*Williams
Baker-Akinjo
Mathurin-Terry
Brown-Lee
Koloko-Batcho

Would be my guess

Return to NBA Draft