ImageImageImage

The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part IV

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

kio80
Sixth Man
And1: 1,076

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part IV 

Post#521 » by kio80 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:14 am

PLO wrote:Interesting recent Dunc'd On pod with All-Defense teams of the season. Both Danny Leroux and Nate Duncan had Simmons not making either team, and also there was a claim made that Kris Dunn was "the steals king", when Simmons leads Dunn in total and average. Its just got to the stage where anything those two say about Simmons have to be taken with a very large dose of salt. Duncan also had Donovan Mitchell ahead of Simmons in ROTY, claiming Mitchell was "easily" the best defensive player of the two. Almost as if he hadn't watched any games.

Duncan is a **** and has always been a hater on Ben and the 6ers.
He’s an idiot who’s overrated, why are ppl still listening to his crap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Phillyboy
Analyst
And1: 19

Post#522 » by Phillyboy » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:07 am

ProcessDoctor wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Eyeamok wrote:
Besides Embiid and Simmons what could the Suns possibly want?
Harris or Horford... doubt they'll do it though. Would have to include Thybulle or the OKC pick.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

At least Thybulle, the OKC pick, and some.

I agree with Eyeamok, Phoenix doesn't trade their star player to us for anyone else than either Simmons or Embiid. Put yourself in their shoes. They can and should get top value back for Booker if not from us then someone else. With a developing Ayton they don't need Embiid as much as they would need Simmons for Booker
Be a thinker. Not a stinker- Apollo Creed
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,444

Post#523 » by youngcrev » Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:39 pm

PLO wrote:Interesting recent Dunc'd On pod with All-Defense teams of the season. Both Danny Leroux and Nate Duncan had Simmons not making either team, and also there was a claim made that Kris Dunn was "the steals king", when Simmons leads Dunn in total and average. Its just got to the stage where anything those two say about Simmons have to be taken with a very large dose of salt. Duncan also had Donovan Mitchell ahead of Simmons in ROTY, claiming Mitchell was "easily" the best defensive player of the two. Almost as if he hadn't watched any games.

Meh. Ben also plays a lot more minutes than Dunn, so I don't really have an issue with it (averaging 2 per game in slightly below 25 mpg is impressive). Maybe they've got something against Ben, or maybe we're just too close to the situation.
ProcessDoctor
General Manager
And1: 5,153

Post#524 » by ProcessDoctor » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:45 pm

Phillyboy wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:Harris or Horford... doubt they'll do it though. Would have to include Thybulle or the OKC pick.

At least Thybulle, the OKC pick, and some.

I agree with Eyeamok, Phoenix doesn't trade their star player to us for anyone else than either Simmons or Embiid. Put yourself in their shoes. They can and should get top value back for Booker if not from us then someone else. With a developing Ayton they don't need Embiid as much as they would need Simmons for Booker

I agree with you too. I was saying if we included a package without Embiid or Ben we'd have to give up way too much and probably wouldn't be able to come up with enough.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Council
Oubre/Batum/Martin
Harris/Covington/Wilson
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,661

Post#525 » by Negrodamus » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:55 pm

Read on Twitter

Unsurprisingly, Ben is healthy again.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,063

Post#526 » by Kobblehead » Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:28 am

“I told Ben, ‘If you aren’t willing to shoot, then do I just bench you? Because I can do that,'” Brown says. “We could have gone that route or continue to coach him as it relates to spacing. We worked on the ability to use it as a choice to shoot the 3, catch and go, get in the paint, or find someone else.

“This was all discussed. I opted to take this path. I think only down the road will we be able to truly assess if it was the right one. In the meantime, he’s a two-time All-Star, a kid that’s gone from a college 4 to an NBA point guard. His story is a pretty darn good one.”

Whoa, is this new information or am I spacing?
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 10,786

Post#527 » by eyeatoma » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:43 am

That article ways he's going to shoot it, and is aware of it again. Let's see if it happens. Sounds like his old coach is fed up with it.

TheBallsDeeper
Starter
And1: 2,112

Post#528 » by TheBallsDeeper » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:41 am

Kobblehead wrote:
“I told Ben, ‘If you aren’t willing to shoot, then do I just bench you? Because I can do that,'” Brown says. “We could have gone that route or continue to coach him as it relates to spacing. We worked on the ability to use it as a choice to shoot the 3, catch and go, get in the paint, or find someone else.

“This was all discussed. I opted to take this path. I think only down the road will we be able to truly assess if it was the right one. In the meantime, he’s a two-time All-Star, a kid that’s gone from a college 4 to an NBA point guard. His story is a pretty darn good one.”

This shows that Brett Brown is not up to the job - have a look at the language - "Do I just bench you", not "I'm going to bench you". He is too afraid to give an order, he is too worried about being liked, so the players do not respect him.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,367

Post#529 » by Eyeamok » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:32 am

TheBallsDeeper wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:

This shows that Brett Brown is not up to the job - have a look at the language - "Do I just bench you", not "I'm going to bench you". He is too afraid to give an order, he is too worried about being liked, so the players do not respect him.

At this stage of the game you can't bench Simmons. He is a draw and he has improved significantly, even without a shot. The time to bench him was when he was a rookie. Before this injury, he was the 76ers Iron man, reliable and improving. If there is a power struggle between Bron and Simmons, Brown is going to lose. I think everyone knows this. So Simmons has to come along at his own pace.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,334

Post#530 » by 76ciology » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:59 am

Doesnt look injured anymore to me :lol:
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#531 » by Kobblehead » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:39 pm

Eyeamok wrote:he has improved significantly

Significantly?

If Ben Simmons has improved at all, it's been marginal, at best.
mithrandir17
Veteran
And1: 1,608

Post#532 » by mithrandir17 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:41 am

76ciology wrote:

Atleast Ben can shoot from long range now. :D
76ciology
RealGM

Post#533 » by 76ciology » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:23 pm

mithrandir17 wrote:
76ciology wrote:

Atleast Ben can shoot from long range now. :D

:lol:

Man those sniping actions were legit.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 10,786

Post#535 » by eyeatoma » Fri May 1, 2020 1:56 am

So much for getting Booker...

Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,661

Post#536 » by Negrodamus » Fri May 1, 2020 2:28 am

He did pwn'd some n00bs on CoD during this break. Maybe his focus on that caused a strain on the relationship.
kio80
Sixth Man
And1: 1,076

Post#537 » by kio80 » Fri May 1, 2020 1:03 pm

Oh no, now Booker’s gonna play like ****.
Kendall must be carrying lots of STD by now.
I don’t think she gets thrown around exclusively by NBA players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
76ciology
RealGM

Post#538 » by 76ciology » Tue Jun 2, 2020 8:15 am

How confident are you guys with Ben defending Giannis, Siakam or AD? Why havent weve seen enough of this?
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,619

Post#539 » by Mik317 » Tue Jun 2, 2020 1:39 pm

because Ben's biggest strength as a defender is his size and ....well strength. That is negated against those guys and thus Embiid is a better option in that regard. Giannis is bigger, longer and stronger than Ben and thus can bully him to the paint and get easy buckets. Biid can stonewall those attempts. Biid has kinda bodied AD for his entire career IIRC and did a bang up job of slowing Siakam down.

Its that we have a better option in that regard. If Biid is out, I am sure Ben would get that assignment (not AD, as he will probably be on Bron in that regard)
#NeverGonnaBeGood
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#540 » by Kobblehead » Thu Jun 4, 2020 12:42 pm

76ciology wrote:How confident are you guys with Ben defending Giannis, Siakam or AD? Why havent weve seen enough of this?

100% confident.

The only area where he'd be susceptible is when they turn their back and post him up. The answer to that is simple: swarm with a help defender.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers