Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Re: Future Draft Classes (Prospects) II 

Post#161 » by Marcus » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:49 pm

anyone have an opinion on Greg Brown and what they think his ceiling might be?
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#162 » by No-Man » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:53 pm

Like an utility 4-man kinda? I like his motor but meh, he seems pretty non exciting on offense
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#163 » by Marcus » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:58 pm

Fischella wrote:Like an utility 4-man kinda? I like his motor but meh, he seems pretty non exciting on offense

don't trust his jumper?
Watch More Basketball

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,092

Post#164 » by The-Power » Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:08 am

Marcus wrote:Ultimate glue guy, defensive versatility, frame, effort, IQ. Legit think he's a Draymond type you plug into your system and let him find his spot. Think he's late Lotto mid first type. If he's put in position to put up numbers maybe early Lotto but I think he's a first for sure if he gets PT.

I love Scottie Barnes. When he's at his best defensively – and his motor is good even on a stacked team – then he looks indeed as close to Draymond as I've seen in a HS kid. Not only on defense, but also on offense. Excellent stationary passer and as a roll man, pushes the tempo, struggles to shoot, loves to celebrate obnoxiously ( :D ). He's a more aggressive opportunistic scorer and more athletic, too.

Obviously we have to see how his skills translate, especially as regards interior defense and perimeter offense. But I'd be pretty surprised if he doesn't end up on the lottery on my big board next year. In fact, I'd say it's more likely I'll seriously look at him as a possible top 5 pick than to not have him in the lottery.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#165 » by Marcus » Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:07 am

The-Power wrote:
Marcus wrote:Ultimate glue guy, defensive versatility, frame, effort, IQ. Legit think he's a Draymond type you plug into your system and let him find his spot. Think he's late Lotto mid first type. If he's put in position to put up numbers maybe early Lotto but I think he's a first for sure if he gets PT.

I love Scottie Barnes. When he's at his best defensively – and his motor is good even on a stacked team – then he looks indeed as close to Draymond as I've seen in a HS kid. Not only on defense, but also on offense. Excellent stationary passer and as a roll man, pushes the tempo, struggles to shoot, loves to celebrate obnoxiously ( :D ). He's a more aggressive opportunistic scorer and more athletic, too.

Obviously we have to see how his skills translate, especially as regards interior defense and perimeter offense. But I'd be pretty surprised if he doesn't end up on the lottery on my big board next year. In fact, I'd say it's more likely I'll seriously look at him as a possible top 5 pick than to not have him in the lottery.

Top 5 could work if a team needs precisely what he brings to the table and he leans more towards the Siakam spectrum of do it all glue guy. Id just be surprised to see him land that high with the amount of ceiling he has compared to the rest of the class. But he should have one of the highest floors in that class come draft day.
Watch More Basketball

No-Man
RealGM

Post#166 » by No-Man » Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:09 am

Scottie is going to play PG at FSU looks like btw
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#167 » by Marcus » Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:14 am

Fischella wrote:Scottie is going to play PG at FSU looks like btw

Could work. Versatile enough. Bring it up and move it around orchestrate verbally.
Watch More Basketball

The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,092

Post#168 » by The-Power » Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:30 am

Marcus wrote:Top 5 could work if a team needs precisely what he brings to the table and he leans more towards the Siakam spectrum of do it all glue guy. Id just be surprised to see him land that high with the amount of ceiling he has compared to the rest of the class. But he should have one of the highest floors in that class come draft day.

To be clear: I'm talking about my personal big board, not my expectations of where other teams would draft him. If his skills translate, I also don't see a reason why his ceiling wouldn't warrant a top 5 selection. I mean, Draymond Green – with the benefit of hindsight – would be a top 5 pick in essentially any draft. Not saying Scottie is Green, but a player doesn't have to be a primary scoring option to have a high ceiling although I'd agree that many teams still overrate scoring potential when it comes to considerations of a player's (realistic) ceiling.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#169 » by Marcus » Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:11 am

The-Power wrote:
Marcus wrote:Top 5 could work if a team needs precisely what he brings to the table and he leans more towards the Siakam spectrum of do it all glue guy. Id just be surprised to see him land that high with the amount of ceiling he has compared to the rest of the class. But he should have one of the highest floors in that class come draft day.

To be clear: I'm talking about my personal big board, not my expectations of where other teams would draft him. If his skills translate, I also don't see a reason why his ceiling wouldn't warrant a top 5 selection. I mean, Draymond Green – with the benefit of hindsight – would be a top 5 pick in essentially any draft. Not saying Scottie is Green, but a player doesn't have to be a primary scoring option to have a high ceiling although I'd agree that many teams still overrate scoring potential when it comes to considerations of a player's (realistic) ceiling.

Gotcha. We're on the same page. I know Scottie isn't as talented as the rest of the class. But he's hands down my favorite in it.
Watch More Basketball

Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#170 » by Marcus » Tue May 5, 2020 10:35 pm

Think we're all in agreement 21 should be an insane class. 22 and 23 both have some studs in there too. Outside of Bates, Banchero, and Griffin I really like Nganga in 22 if the lift the OAD rule and if not he and Bates make 23 insane with Houston, Bailey, and Wembanyama. Curious to see how Dior Johnson develops as he can be in there too.
Watch More Basketball

No-Man
RealGM

Post#171 » by No-Man » Wed May 6, 2020 9:12 am

I really like Marcus Bagley
crows2
Senior
And1: 559

Post#172 » by crows2 » Wed May 6, 2020 12:28 pm

Marcus wrote:Think we're all in agreement 21 should be an insane class. 22 and 23 both have some studs in there too. Outside of Bates, Banchero, and Griffin I really like Nganga in 22 if the lift the OAD rule and if not he and Bates make 23 insane with Houston, Bailey, and Wembanyama. Curious to see how Dior Johnson develops as he can be in there too.

Thoughts on Jalen Duren and Chris Livingston? It seems like Duren is seen as the second most likely ‘23 guy to declare for the ‘22 draft if they lift OAD rule.
karkinos
Head Coach
And1: 2,058

Post#173 » by karkinos » Sun May 10, 2020 7:54 pm

2022 draft class gonna be ridiculous if he's in this
Hogified05
Rookie
And1: 498

Post#174 » by Hogified05 » Wed May 13, 2020 6:25 am

karkinos wrote:
2022 draft class gonna be ridiculous if he's in this

He looks like a Durant clone doesnt he? Wouldn't mind the Magic getting lucky the year he comes out lol.

As far as the G-League vs NCAA route everyone in here seems like they are saying all these kids are going get 500K. Isn't that just Jalen who was promised that? I could be wrong, I mean 100K-200K still a lot of money. But I thought I read that was just Jalen.

I've thought all along the NCAA could correct a lot of what's hurting them by just letting the kids make money off their names. You can do it if you are a regular student why can't the athletes? It is going kind of perverse the college experience to me, it's going become more business for more teams and players now. Hope it doesn't jade players like it does in the pros.

I do really think yall are selling the marketing and exposure you get from the NCAA short. Zion created an empire without stepping foot on an NBA floor yet from his year at Duke. Now imagine starting your empire with endorsements in college now. I mean Luka didn't have a shoe deal until his 2nd year right? Zion was inked quick. Ja too. You can sell college jerseys even when you get in the pros. You have a link to an institution and the drove of fans that accompany that. Winning and competing for a college title is still prestige and a worthy goal. Melo may have never won an NBA title but that college title helps his cause.

Listen the G-League route is probably the best for a majority of these kids. But there is a lot to be said for the NCAA route/exposure/playing meaningful games instead of going invisible for a year. Especially now if they let you have endorsements at a place like Duke or UNC. I mean those are bigger brands than the majority of NBA teams. I don't know. These next couple of years kids will be the guinea pig to see what works best.
The hero Orlando deserves is out there somewhere, Dwight was not the one we needed. So we will hunt for him...
karkinos
Head Coach

Post#175 » by karkinos » Wed May 13, 2020 11:17 am

i can't wait for the g-league to just be league that ppl watch regularly almost akin to college bball and pro. i also think g-leagues in smaller cities will really help make them more attractive for people to move there and such.
karkinos
Head Coach

Post#176 » by karkinos » Sun May 24, 2020 10:27 pm

skyy clark 2022...what a class to be a part of
a-French-Fan
Senior
And1: 304

Post#177 » by a-French-Fan » Wed May 27, 2020 9:44 am

I am never really high on 16 years old players, because it is too early. But when Doumbouya showed up at 15-16 years old, I was very high on him, and since last summer, I have thought France as a real top pick for 2023 NBA draft ^^

Victor Wembanyama (january 2004)

Last summer, aged of 15 and half, he had been in the U16 euro (2003 generation) tournament starting five. The most impressive is that he is 7'2" and is able to run! So young 7 footers harldy walk the most often...

I want to see him playing in Jeep Elite and Eurocup next year. But matter is that Jeep Elite (french pro) is a very physical league and maybe his club will preserve him.
Frank Ntilikina is a play-off player, but he goes to the Hornets.

Paris 2024 (Starters):
Ntilikina - Malédon - Hayes
Coulibaly - De Colo
TLC - Rupert or Risacher
Wembanyama- Yabusele
Embiid- Poirier - Lessort [without Embiid: Fall]
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,196

Post#178 » by clyde21 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:30 pm

Bates to Michigan St