Off Topic VIII

Moderators: yosemiteben, BigSlam, JDR720, Diop, fatlever

HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,498

Re: Off Topic VIII 

Post#1521 » by HornetJail » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:29 pm

LamarMatic7 wrote:
Robot Rock wrote:Trivia project for someone: what players spent their entire NBA careers in Charlotte? I'm not including guys who played for a couple minutes in 2-3 games, so no 10-day contracts.The only ones I know of who played multiple seasons and never played for other teams are Tony Bennett and Jeff Taylor.

I'm stumped. Turns out the Darrin Hancock's of the world all have played for other teams.

Hope everyone on the borad is safe and doing okay!

Ignoring any active players, or players who only had one season in the league, all I've got is Cory Higgins who played 44 games over 2 seasons
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#1522 » by BigSlam » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:18 am

Hope everyone is safe and sound in these crazy, chaotic times.

In a time when the world needs distractions, who else thinks that holding the NFL draft as a 7 night night extravaganza is an amazing idea?

Hold a round a night for 7 consecutive nights during prime time and have each round as detailed as the 1st round usually is, with in-depth player profiles and pick analysis etc?

I’d tune in for sure and think it would be such a welcome distraction.

Imagine how well we’d get to really know every single prospect as well?

I’d LOVE for the NFL to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B B M F 'ers
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,664

Post#1523 » by Diop » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:17 am

BigSlam wrote:Hope everyone is safe and sound in these crazy, chaotic times.

In a time when the world needs distractions, who else thinks that holding the NFL draft as a 7 night night extravaganza is an amazing idea?

Hold a round a night for 7 consecutive nights during prime time and have each round as detailed as the 1st round usually is, with in-depth player profiles and pick analysis etc?

i loved hearing how lots of people in the US got into the AFL for that first game as nothing else was on.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#1524 » by BigSlam » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:08 pm

Anyone here play Madden on Xbox One and want to get an online franchise league going?

B B M F 'ers
euphorbus
Analyst
And1: 1,480

Post#1525 » by euphorbus » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:03 am

Stephon Marbury, who lives in Beijing, is trying to bring 10 million N-95 masks to his hometown, New York City, at cost. He is running into a lot of red tape, but I have no doubt it is going to happen.

https://sports.yahoo.com/former-knicks-star-stephon-marbury-trying-to-help-nyc-buy-10-million-lowcost-n-95-masks-190348100.html
UNCNYC
Assistant Coach
And1: 868

Post#1526 » by UNCNYC » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:01 pm

BigSlam wrote:Hope everyone is safe and sound in these crazy, chaotic times.

I'm on the fence any other year for this but due to corona this year would be an exception. I lose interest in picks after the first round (2nd round maybe). I used to care about every pick from 1-7. Now I just care about 1 and MAYBE 2.
UPDATED 2-18-2024

These are my top five for who I want with pick #1 in order

BuB Carrington
Ryan Dunn
Dalton Knect
Kevin McCullar
Bobi Klintman
LamarMatic7
Hornets Forum High-End Journalist
And1: 2,351

Post#1527 » by LamarMatic7 » Sat Apr 4, 2020 9:36 am

fatlever wrote:.

You can thank me later.

Read on Twitter
bravor
Starter
And1: 731

Post#1528 » by bravor » Sat Apr 4, 2020 4:29 pm

Sams kind of video with a female playing bball and i will consider thanking you

i am talking about the dunk ofc... :D
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,035

Post#1529 » by Liver_Pooty » Wed Apr 8, 2020 3:38 am

Anyone here do calisthenic workouts? With the gyms closed I've been doing them with pretty solid results thus far.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#1530 » by BigSlam » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:23 pm

Why didn’t the Panthers take Simmons?

Seems like he would have been the perfect pick when he was still on the board and they were on the clock.

B B M F 'ers
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,664

Post#1531 » by Diop » Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:39 am

Liver_Pooty wrote:Anyone here do calisthenic workouts? With the gyms closed I've been doing them with pretty solid results thus far.

i've been doing nothing but getting fatter.

on a positive note, I found rumquila, which is half dark rum, half tequila. puts a nice bounce in my step
euphorbus
Analyst

Post#1532 » by euphorbus » Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:15 am

I have watched the first four episodes of The Last Dance. It is compelling viewing, both for the basketball (I remember the Bad Boys and hated Detroit; I remember Showtime with the Lakers) and for the backstories of Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen.

Two things struck me about episode four. First, his teammates were stunned when MJ showed emotions beyond anger and annoyance. This was one angry young athlete, coming out of Wilmington, North Carolina. Second, as a fan, I always have the urge for retribution against dirty plays like the one Rodman laid on Pippen in the 1991 Finals. But the players agreed that it was far more powerful that Pippen got up from the sidelines and went about his business. That was the turning point in game four of the sweep.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,543

Post#1533 » by yosemiteben » Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:30 am

I am loving these Phish dinner and a movie streams, caught them all so far.
UNCNYC
Assistant Coach
And1: 868

Post#1534 » by UNCNYC » Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:12 pm

BigSlam wrote:Why didn’t the Panthers take Simmons?

Seems like he would have been the perfect pick when he was still on the board and they were on the clock.

Not sure. He has a hot girlfriend tho lol. I think we wanted a clogger in the middle but with luke retiring simmons woulda been a better potential replacement I guess.
UPDATED 2-18-2024

These are my top five for who I want with pick #1 in order

BuB Carrington
Ryan Dunn
Dalton Knect
Kevin McCullar
Bobi Klintman
tondi123
Starter
And1: 1,376

Post#1535 » by tondi123 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:40 pm

BigSlam wrote:Why didn’t the Panthers take Simmons?

I would have been happy with Simmons but there's something to the argument that we were a terrible defense last year even with Luke on the field. Until we improve our Dline play, who is lining up behind them may not matter. Brown was my second choice after Simmons, so hopefully that's how it'll work out.
euphorbus
Analyst

Post#1536 » by euphorbus » Sun May 17, 2020 9:54 pm

Looking forward to the last two episodes of The Last Dance tonight! Episodes 3-4 were a bit disappointing, but 5-6 picked up the pace. It's very interesting to see how Michael Jordan became a little slower and did not soar quite as high in his 30s, but still dominated the game. If Phil Jackson was captain of the ship, Michael Jordan was a very particular and driven First Mate.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,498

Post#1537 » by HornetJail » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:45 am

my love for Cam is going to win out over my hatred for the Pats.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
mattcampbell
Junior
And1: 137

Post#1538 » by mattcampbell » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:05 pm

Boston has Kemba and Cam now :banghead:

Glad to see Cam get another shot, hopefully he balls out and has a nice comeback season.
penquin11
Sixth Man
And1: 148

Post#1539 » by penquin11 » Sat Jul 4, 2020 4:14 pm

Guys it is a PAINFUL time to be living up in New England while being a Lolcats/Panthers fan right now. Like God it was hard enough to see Kemba go to the Celtics but at least I don't absolutely despise that organization. Cam going to the Patriots is the worst possible thing that could have happened as far as my fandom is concerned. Now I have to deal with all the Cam Newton Patriots jerseys and Kemba Walker Celtic jerseys on the daily. Painful yall.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:no, the DB's will just be thinking "damn, I thought that was going to be a run!" as they easily recover to intercept a Ponder pass 10 yards off the mark
penquin11
Sixth Man
And1: 148

Post#1540 » by penquin11 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:44 pm

I didn't want to double post but I do have some really fantastic news. As of today I have gone 10 months without any meds for my auto-immune disease- the stability of my health has lead to my doctors labeling my disease as being in remission!
Devilzsidewalk wrote:no, the DB's will just be thinking "damn, I thought that was going to be a run!" as they easily recover to intercept a Ponder pass 10 yards off the mark

Return to Charlotte Hornets