ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread V

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,025

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread V 

Post#1661 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:57 pm

Benny just floated on the second song, Buffalo really got the whole state on it's back right now, can't decide who I like more between Conway and Benny now.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#1662 » by Marcus » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:48 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

Benny just floated on the second song, Buffalo really got the whole state on it's back right now, can't decide who I like more between Conway and Benny now.

Checked that this morning. Flames throughout.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,052

Post#1663 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:09 pm

This board be sleeping on the south

It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#1664 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:15 pm

Im quarantine clean so relaxxx
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,868

Post#1665 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:22 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:This board be sleeping on the south

i love lil baby.

i think most of us are older NY guys. a lot of us hold onto that classic NY approach and sound. i like a diverse array of hip-hop and have tried to at least understand a lot of the younger guys. i've also accepted the shift to atlanta as the epicenter of black media and culture. it is what it is.

all i can say is keep speaking up for the other stuff you like. the board gonna do what it do. i appreciate all the stuff that gets shared that i don't know about. most of us were "put on" to our favorite stuff.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#1666 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:34 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:

i love lil baby.

i think most of us are older NY guys. a lot of us hold onto that classic NY approach and sound. i like a diverse array of hip-hop and have tried to at least understand a lot of the younger guys. i've also accepted the shift to atlanta as the epicenter of black media and culture. it is what it is.

all i can say is keep speaking up for the other stuff you like. the board gonna do what it do. i appreciate all the stuff that gets shared that i don't know about. most of us were "put on" to our favorite stuff.

Facts. Im younger than a lot of you guys and I live in Florida so im tryna put yall on some new different stuff haha
It's fun watching Lil Baby's growth. I been posting him here since way before he blew up and he has really progressed since then. Big fan of the last album he dropped. This was my favorite joint off it. Lil Uzi be snapping too. Not sure if you guys are familiar with him lol
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1667 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:25 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:

i love lil baby.

Facts. Im younger than a lot of you guys and I live in Florida so im tryna put yall on some new different stuff haha
It's fun watching Lil Baby's growth. I been posting him here since way before he blew up and he has really progressed since then. Big fan of the last album he dropped. This was my favorite joint off it. Lil Uzi be snapping too. Not sure if you guys are familiar with him lol

i like uzi too. i need to re-listen to lil baby's new album. my expectations were really high and it didn't grab me at first. but i see he went with a more sentimental touch. i appreciated that, but i didn't feel the bangers.

some young(er)/newer guys i fugs with: lil baby, gunna (drip too hard might be my favorite song of the last 5 years), roddy ricch, dababy, uzi, a boogie... feeling lil durk's new approach more than his older schidt. and i wouldn't call myself a polo g and lil tay fan, but "pop out" is my schidt.

on the more heady side, i'm feeling cordae, all them cats on dreamville, saba... i'm sure there's more on both sides.

my wife is a major traditionalist. so she gets bothered by how open i am to listening to the newer ****. sonically it's just not for her, which i completely understand. it's been an adjustment for me. but i just look for high quality stuff that sounds like effort was put into it, no matter what. i think older heads have a hard time finding the artisty in less lyrically dense and topically diverse rap music, which i understand too. clearly there's stuff i don't see, but i also accept that i'm probably not supposed to get it. i'm damn near 40.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#1668 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:31 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
i love lil baby.

i like uzi too. i need to re-listen to lil baby's new album. my expectations were really high and it didn't grab me at first. but i see he went with a more sentimental touch. i appreciated that, but i didn't feel the bangers.

some young(er)/newer guys i fugs with: lil baby, gunna (drip too hard might be my favorite song of the last 5 years), roddy ricch, dababy, uzi, a boogie... feeling lil durk's new approach more than his older schidt. and i wouldn't call myself a polo g and lil tay fan, but "pop out" is my schidt.

on the more heady side, i'm feeling cordae, all them cats on dreamville, saba... i'm sure there's more on both sides.

my wife is a major traditionalist. so she gets bothered by how open i am to listening to the newer ****. sonically it's just not for her, which i completely understand. it's been an adjustment for me. but i just look for high quality stuff that sounds like effort was put into it, no matter what. i think older heads have a hard time finding the artisty in less lyrically dense and topically diverse rap music, which i understand too. clearly there's stuff i don't see, but i also accept that i'm probably not supposed to get it. i'm damn near 40.

I listen to all those guys you just mentioned as well. Roddy Ricch stands out the most cause his style is different than pretty much everyone. He's gonna be big for a long time
Theres a lot of new guys that just sound like garbage to me like Lil Pump, Blueface, etc. They dont put no efforts in their songs and it sounds very repetitive with no substance. They make my generation look bad lol

I agree that once you get older it gets harder to understand the younger people though. It happens with every generation and I am sure once I get older I will be doing the same thing
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,441

Post#1669 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:05 am

How about da funk?

Free Palestine
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 17,843

Post#1670 » by SelbyCobra » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:39 pm

I didn't know Da Baby had the kind of support I've seen in this thread. I live in a lily white conservative region in NorCal, and Da Baby is the rapper all the middle school/high school white kids whose parents begin sentences like, "look, I'm not racist, but..." listen to. I'm not trying to be funny at all - that's what I've known him for (well that and the WalMart shooting & IG bravado back and forths) since I started hearing his name.

On another note, I came here to post this visual which is more my [old head] speed. RTJ released it a couple of days ago, and it's great. Got Greg N-I-C-E to rep his sample, and the end with Preemo is just fire. The whole thing is crazy beautiful and made me bop and smile for a minute in this madness we've got going on now.

god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,374

Post#1671 » by god shammgod » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:50 pm

it's not really about east or south to me, it's more the sound of the actual music. i actually like different sounds but when it gets too commercial it aint for me. like i liked 21 savage's first mixtape with red opps & skrt skrt but eventually the music changed and it wasn't for me as much. i understand though, get that money.

anyway. right now i like duke duece from memphis. he's signed to qc. i don't feel like too many people in ny are aware of him for whatever reason.

3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#1672 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:02 pm

god shammgod wrote:it's not really about east or south to me, it's more the sound of the actual music. i actually like different sounds but when it gets too commercial it aint for me. like i liked 21 savage's first mixtape with red opps & skrt skrt but eventually the music changed and it wasn't for me as much. i understand though, get that money.

anyway. right now i like duke duece from memphis. he's signed to qc. i don't feel like too many people in ny are aware of him for whatever reason.

I like him too

My favorite out of Memphis rn is Key Glock. Yellow Tape one of my favorite projects this year
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#1673 » by King of Canada » Fri May 1, 2020 5:09 pm

SelbyCobra wrote:I didn't know Da Baby had the kind of support I've seen in this thread. I live in a lily white conservative region in NorCal, and Da Baby is the rapper all the middle school/high school white kids whose parents begin sentences like, "look, I'm not racist, but..." listen to. I'm not trying to be funny at all - that's what I've known him for (well that and the WalMart shooting & IG bravado back and forths) since I started hearing his name.

On another note, I came here to post this visual which is more my [old head] speed. RTJ released it a couple of days ago, and it's great. Got Greg N-I-C-E to rep his sample, and the end with Preemo is just fire. The whole thing is crazy beautiful and made me bop and smile for a minute in this madness we've got going on now.

Came here to post the same! Video is great and premo is the goat. I'm going to listen to lots of RTJ this weekend.
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
SelbyCobra
General Manager

Post#1674 » by SelbyCobra » Sun May 10, 2020 2:44 am

Just got done with the vibes of Jill Scott and Erykah Badu (along with 730K other people), and Verzuz wastes no time in dropping this in the aftermath:

Read on Twitter

Off top that seems like Luda easily, but I think Nelly's banger catalog might be deeper than that.
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,025

Post#1675 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Mon May 11, 2020 4:06 am

Loaded_Hollows
Starter
And1: 3,346

Post#1676 » by Loaded_Hollows » Fri May 15, 2020 12:24 pm

Will snapped. Straight fire.
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#1677 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri May 15, 2020 5:06 pm

Remixed Changes by Pac and did not disappoint
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1678 » by Jeff Van Gully » Fri May 15, 2020 8:16 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:Remixed Changes by Pac and did not disappoint

bruh, this fire.

i was reluctant to listen because i find the changes beat so annoying/boring. but the modern approach is EXACTLY what it needed. i fux with this.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#1679 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat May 16, 2020 6:25 pm

The OG Philthy Rich so underrated

Oakland x Houston lets get it
SelbyCobra
General Manager

Post#1680 » by SelbyCobra » Sun May 17, 2020 2:35 am

Just finished up with Luda/Nelly and Swizz and Snoop are on the Live talking about a Busta vs Snoop matchup...now THAT is a party/celebration! WHHHHEEEEEWWW, Busta probably technically "loses" but he has a DEEEEEEEPPPPPP catalog that will have him in every single round.

Snoop also talking about Cube vs LL...

Return to New York Knicks