Sixth Man
And1: 594

Re: The Washington Redskins Thread 

Post#1382 » by BearlyBallin » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:45 pm

7 th round

Kamren Curl, S, Arkansas

Safety who played some CB before.

Seems to like contact too.
Tsze-Kung asked, "Is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?"

The Master said, "Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
~ Confucius about 500 BC
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#1383 » by BearlyBallin » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:57 pm

Skins last pick in the 7th rd

NC State DE James Smith-Williams

Tsze-Kung asked, "Is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?"

The Master said, "Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
~ Confucius about 500 BC
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#1384 » by BearlyBallin » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:00 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Pass blocking TE with sure hands. I’m liking this if we get him as a UDFA.

~ Confucius about 500 BC
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Post#1385 » by Wizardspride » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:02 am

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#1386 » by BearlyBallin » Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:25 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20

If he can stay healthy the blocking is what I’m equally excited about.

~ Confucius about 500 BC
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1387 » by Wizardspride » Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:15 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#1388 » by BearlyBallin » Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:11 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

He called it a chip but he knocks the DE on his can lol.

~ Confucius about 500 BC
popper
Veteran
And1: 365

Post#1389 » by popper » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:41 pm

I’m thinking we need another starting caliber CB. Maybe we’re hoping a veteran is cut for salary cap reasons or perhaps we could make a trade.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1390 » by Wizardspride » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:52 pm

popper wrote:I’m thinking we need another starting caliber CB. Maybe we’re hoping a veteran is cut for salary cap reasons or perhaps we could make a trade.

From what I've read they like the corners we have.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1391 » by Ruzious » Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:43 pm

BearlyBallin wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

He called it a chip but he knocks the DE on his can lol.

From what little I've seen, Moss is an old-school violent blocker - I'd hate to have to play against him. Anyone remember Donnie Warren? That's who he reminds me of. And seems like he has good hands. Moss is like the opposite of what his father was. I think he has a better chance of making the team than their 2 7th rounders.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1392 » by Ruzious » Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:55 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

So we got AG and AGG - both Antonio's. They both seem like fun picks with great size - especially AG if they find the right times to take advantage of his big play attributes. AGG is like a more talented version of Harmon - they were both extra productive in college, but AGG is bigger and exceptionally long - 7'1 wingspan - and he jumps well, so he's got an enormous catch radius. I'm guessing they were surprised that AGG was there - they had bigger needs than another young WR.

I loved the Charles pick - he's only 20, so don't expect much as a rookie, but if he's our LT of the future, getting him in the 4th round just minutes after finally getting rid of Trent Williams, that's huge.

The 2 5th rounders seem like solid depth that should make the team. I don't think the 2 7th rounders make the team, but hey - they're 7th rounders. If you're going to mess up on picks, that's the best round to mess up on.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1393 » by Ruzious » Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:02 pm

gambitx777 wrote:5th and a 3 nice not the 2 you wanted but good enough

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using RealGM mobile app

And I expect the fact that they couldn't do physicals knocked down the amount that the Skins could get. I'm relieved that he's finally gone. And notice he didn't get any raise or extension. That kinda shows there really wasn't much of a market for him.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1394 » by Ruzious » Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:04 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Sounds like his suspension was for failing a marijuana test - which makes him sound even more like Trent Williams!
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,868

Post#1395 » by payitforward » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:12 pm

...makes him sound like a whole lotta people!

Maybe in his case it was medical marijuana -- or maybe dental!
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
payitforward
RealGM

Post#1396 » by payitforward » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:44 pm

I don't know anything about how to judge whether an NFL draft pick was good, bad or indifferent, so I thought I'd weigh in on the late picks.

Start with the double-name guys:

Gibson (Les Paul) -- what a great example of draft (I mean finger) picking!
Gandy-Golden looks gaudy.
Smith-Williams is going to surprise a lot of people.
Curl-EQ is a hard hitter & an intelligent, high-effort player. Maybe he looks a little slow, but that can be fixed in post-production.

The other guys are at a disadvantage, only having one last name. But, at least they are good ones!

Saahdiq Charles -- has the good stuff. You know what I mean, right Ruz? "Saahdiq" is Arabic for "righteous", btw -- bet you didn't know that. I didn't either until I realized that "tzadik" is "righteous" in Hebrew.

Khaleke Ismael -- has improved enormously since his draft day name trade with the other guy.
"Kala" is Greek for wonderful, which is helpful. Unfortunately "eke" is Greek for the missing "grrrr," so he may not be aggressive enough to play in the naturalfit ball league.

Keith Hudson -- is already regretting the name-trade & is resigned to looking for an agent to help launch his new netflix show, The Man With A Missing Name. Not "Keith" but "keef" is Arabic for marijuana, btw. Don't ask me how I know; I'll just lie to you.

Then there's Chaste Young -- he's too pure to need any name work.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,464

Post#1397 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:06 pm

I love it PIF.

Your draft analysis tells us, statistically, exactly as much about the odds of each pick succeeding as Kiper’s analysis.
In Rizzo we trust
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#1398 » by BearlyBallin » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:09 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Big 6’4” 225 lb QB UDFA

Read on Twitter
?s=20

~ Confucius about 500 BC
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#1399 » by BearlyBallin » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:52 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20

RB/ WR/ KR 6’2” 225 lbs UDFA

Caught the attention Of scouts early during East West Shrine Practice using that double move (jab step/fly)

~ Confucius about 500 BC
payitforward
RealGM

Post#1400 » by payitforward » Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:58 am

Apparently Montez is changing his name to Wong.

I can see it now: "another completion from Wong to Wright."

Return to Washington Wizards