ImageImageImage

Falcons 2020 Draft & Free Agency: Pass Rush and Safety in the mix

Moderator: HMFFL

atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Re: Falcons 2020 Draft & Free Agency: Pass Rush and Safety in the mix 

Post#81 » by atlantabbq99 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:56 am

Another bad draft by the Falcons. Dimitroff has shown he has no skill at player evaluations and continues to draft the same type of player over and over again who cannot produce on the pro level. Dimitroff is so poor at drafting, I cannot remember him selecting a non-first rounder that ended up being good, besides Hooper, Jarrett, and Jones.

Dimitroff always ends up drafting stiff DL who can't get a sack. Which shows why the Falcons are last place in sacks for the last 5 years.

Dimitroff doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes and keeps drafting the wrong players for the NFL.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,989

Post#82 » by HMFFL » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:15 pm

atlantabbq99 wrote:I don't like the Marlon Davidson pick. Everything about Davidson's game is the same as Hageman, alot of power, very stiff and no bend. The only good thing about MD is that he has a rep of being a hard worker, unlike Hageman who was known to be lazy and took plays off.

They should have taken Epenesa. Epenesa has better bend, speed and burst and can play both DE and DT like Davidson

Falcons need to get Curtis Weaver with the next pick. He is the last elite pass rusher on the board. Weaver has the best bend of all the edge prospects, and if you like Neil Smith, then you will love Weaver's game.

Falcons had the fewest sacks last year and it won't matter how good your corners are, when the opposing QB will have 6-7 seconds in the pocket like last year.
I like the Marlon Davidson pick. I only like two of our draft picks but maybe the rest will prove me wrong.

I feel like the off-season been substract guys that needed to go and add a tractor of the depth we already had. I might be way off with that comment but I don't see many positive impact signings or draft selections.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#83 » by HMFFL » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:17 pm

This article heading is exactly it. Not wla wise decision to go with fits and pass on BPA.

The Falcons go for ‘profile fits’ over best players available

https://www.ajc.com/sports/football/the-bow-tie-chronicles-the-falcons-for-profile-fits-over-best-players-available/Dcy6cusOAdFALtbW8YDO5M/amp.html

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#84 » by HMFFL » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:54 am

Jared Pinkney, Chris Rowland head Falcons’ undrafted rookie class

Former Vanderbilt and Norcross High School tight end Jared Pinkney signed a contract with the Falcons as an undrafted free agent, one of 20 undrafted players to sign with the Falcons, the team announced Monday afternoon. 

On Saturday after the draft the Falcons were touting the class, which includes former Georgia State offensive tackle Hunter Atkinson, who is from Flowery Branch and played at West Hall High. He graduated from West Hall in 2014 and signed with Georgia, but never played for the Bulldogs.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ajc.com/sports/football/pinkney-rowland-head-falcons-undrafted-rookie-class/Jfk9f1dU22ZRzbOg2EMPwJ/amp.html

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#85 » by HMFFL » Fri May 1, 2020 5:04 pm

Falcons acquired DE Charles Harris from the Dolphins in exchange for a 2021 seventh-round pick.

The organization will now have 72 hours to decide whether to exercise his fifth-year option for 2021. It's nothing more than a shot in the dark for the Falcons, who are acquiring Miami's former No. 22 overall pick from the 2017 draft (due $1.9 million this year) for pennies on the dollar. Harris hasn't lived up to his first-round profile in that span, totaling a dwindling sack count (3.5) across eight starts the past three years, but he does land in a non-competitive situation in Atlanta's front-seven. The Falcons need all the help they can get on defense, which at least gives Harris a shot to make noise behind Dante Fowler, Takk McKinley, and John Cominsky as a rotational EDGE rusher.

RELATED: 

Miami Dolphins

SOURCE: Jason Butt on Twitter

May 1, 2020, 8:55 AM ET

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#86 » by HMFFL » Thu May 14, 2020 4:44 pm

Falcons OC Dirk Koetter said about RB Todd Gurley that "the main question, that no one seems to know, is what is his health status?"

Good question, Dirk. Apparently the Falcons don't know either. Still, a featured role isn't guaranteed even if Gurley passes his physical. The Falcons have been hesitant over the years to completely hand over the backfield to a single back. Sure, both Devonta Freeman and Tevin Coleman were given three-down roles when the other was injured, but otherwise we've consistently seen multiple RBs involved in this offense. Gurley will certainly be the lead back. Just don't underestimate Ito Smith's potential involvement. It's unlikely we see Gurley flirt with more than 15 or so rushes per week. Still, there's perhaps an underrated TD ceiling here considering Atlanta has posted average ranks of 5.6 and 12 in yards and scoring, respectively, over the past five seasons. Nobody has more rushing scores than Gurley since 2018, and he's entering arguably a better overall offense than before.

SOURCE: Mike Conti on Twitter

May 14, 2020, 10:36 AM ET

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#87 » by HMFFL » Tue Jun 9, 2020 2:58 pm

Todd Gurley passes physical for Falcons, two months after agreement, source says

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29287056/todd-gurley-passes-physical-falcons-two-months-agreement-source-says

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#88 » by HMFFL » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:42 pm

Cowboys released DT Gerald McCoy with an injury waiver. 

McCoy had a clause in his contract that allowed the Cowboys to release him if he suffered a quad injury. McCoy's "three-year, $18 million" deal supposedly included $9 million guaranteed, but McCoy will end up walking away with just his $3 million signing bonus. No one will be crying for him, but it goes to show how much power NFL teams still have when it comes to contracts. Set to miss his entire age-32 campaign, McCoy will likely be limited to incentive-laden offers in 2021. 

RELATED: 

Dallas Cowboys

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Aug 18, 2020, 4:55 PM ET

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#89 » by HMFFL » Thu Sep 3, 2020 1:31 am

Patriots released WR Mohamed Sanu.

Sanu's ankle must be beyond repair. The Patriots made the stunning move at the trade deadline to acquire Sanu for a second-round pick last season, likely in an attempt to patch together a final Super Bowl push with Tom Brady. It didn't pay off to say the least. He injured his ankle immediately and never looked the same while playing through it. The Patriots have major issues at receiver right now with 34-year-old Julian Edelman and first-round question mark N'Keal Harry at the top of the depth chart. Bill Belichick probably needs to make a last-minute move to get Cam Newton some more weapons. At least this release saves Belichick $6.5 million in cap space.

Return to Atlanta Falcons