ImageImageImageImageImage

The Washington Redskins Thread

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,855

Re: The Washington Redskins Thread 

Post#1401 » by payitforward » Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:04 am

Wright has some serious moves -- fun to watch.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,458

Post#1402 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:42 pm

Looks to me like Smith, Rivera and Turner are planning to install an offense with a bunch of run after catch options.

We may lack a true, traditional #1 WR and TE, but have a bunch of versatile, slot type guys. Probably suits our mediocre OL and allows Haskins to make quick decisions and throws.

Just wonder where AP fits into all of this.
In Rizzo we trust
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,604

Post#1403 » by pancakes3 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:37 pm

no thoughts on Montez except Bryce Perkins was also an UDFA and awesome. Glad that Rams signed him (better situation to have a shot)
Bullets -> Wizards
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man
And1: 592

Post#1404 » by BearlyBallin » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:13 pm

Hmm wonder if this bumps skins Jersey sales in Germany...
D Line seems deep, unless Caleb Brantley isn’t recovering on schedule it’s going to be hard for Ryan Bee or Bada but competition is always good.
Tsze-Kung asked, "Is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?"

The Master said, "Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
~ Confucius about 500 BC
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#1405 » by BearlyBallin » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:26 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
popper wrote:I’m thinking we need another starting caliber CB. Maybe we’re hoping a veteran is cut for salary cap reasons or perhaps we could make a trade.

From what I've read they like the corners we have.

Fuller slot & Darby/Moreau outside ... Moreland backing them up

I’m concerned with Darby staying healthy and would love another CB to develop not necessarily start.

Right now it’s Greg Stroman, Danny Johnson & Simeon Thomas ... small, small & idk lol 8-)
Tsze-Kung asked, "Is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?"

The Master said, "Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
~ Confucius about 500 BC
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#1406 » by BearlyBallin » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:34 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Read on Twitter
?s=20

I think Coach liked the guys Kyle/team drafted.

~ Confucius about 500 BC
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#1407 » by BearlyBallin » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:13 pm

popper wrote:I’m thinking we need another starting caliber CB. Maybe we’re hoping a veteran is cut for salary cap reasons or perhaps we could make a trade.

Would you want one of these guys ?

Read on Twitter
?s=20

~ Confucius about 500 BC
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,726

Post#1408 » by gambitx777 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:37 pm

I would say bring in two or three of those guys and see if they have anything left in the tank
BearlyBallin wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using RealGM mobile app
popper
Veteran
And1: 361

Post#1409 » by popper » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:14 am

BearlyBallin wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Don’t know enough about them but we need someone that we can trust to start if necessary. I’m sure they have a plan of some sort.
DCZards
General Manager
And1: 3,917

Post#1410 » by DCZards » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:40 am

payitforward wrote:I don't know anything about how to judge whether an NFL draft pick was good, bad or indifferent, so I thought I'd weigh in on the late picks.

Start with the double-name guys:

Gibson (Les Paul) -- what a great example of draft (I mean finger) picking!
Gandy-Golden looks gaudy.
Smith-Williams is going to surprise a lot of people.
Curl-EQ is a hard hitter & an intelligent, high-effort player. Maybe he looks a little slow, but that can be fixed in post-production.

Les Paul's a good pick (pun intended), pif, but I've got to go with Larry Carlton. Just earlier today I was listening to Carlton tear it up as a member of the band Fourplay. I read where Carlton's favorite guitar is his 1969 Gibson ES-335.
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,857

Post#1411 » by Wizardspride » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:10 am

:o

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager

Post#1412 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:31 am

Wizardspride wrote::o

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Only if he can play TE
In Rizzo we trust
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,726

Post#1413 » by gambitx777 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:21 am

Dudes 25 and the skins need talent. Period.
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Only if he can play TE

long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager

Post#1414 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:06 pm

gambitx777 wrote:Dudes 25 and the skins need talent. Period.
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Only if he can play TE

I guess. It’s also a question of resource allocation.

You can only have so many players at each position and you need some backups to be quality special teams contributors.

You only have 53 roster spots and have to be under the salary cap.

A team with, say, Patrick Mahomes, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, and Jeremy Sprinkle is not better than a team with Mahomes, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Zach Ertz and Deshazor Everette, even though the latter has more talent.

Back in the precap, unlimited IR, large roster days, the Skins under Cooke, Beathard and Gibbs went three or four deep with starters every where.
In Rizzo we trust
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1415 » by Wizardspride » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:19 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1416 » by Wizardspride » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:04 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Read on Twitter
?s=19
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,604

Post#1417 » by pancakes3 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:13 pm

i bet we're one year away from being one year away
Bullets -> Wizards
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1418 » by Ruzious » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:24 pm

payitforward wrote:I don't know anything about how to judge whether an NFL draft pick was good, bad or indifferent, so I thought I'd weigh in on the late picks.

Start with the double-name guys:

Gibson (Les Paul) -- what a great example of draft (I mean finger) picking!
Gandy-Golden looks gaudy.
Smith-Williams is going to surprise a lot of people.
Curl-EQ is a hard hitter & an intelligent, high-effort player. Maybe he looks a little slow, but that can be fixed in post-production.

The other guys are at a disadvantage, only having one last name. But, at least they are good ones!

Saahdiq Charles -- has the good stuff. You know what I mean, right Ruz? "Saahdiq" is Arabic for "righteous", btw -- bet you didn't know that. I didn't either until I realized that "tzadik" is "righteous" in Hebrew.

Khaleke Ismael -- has improved enormously since his draft day name trade with the other guy.
"Kala" is Greek for wonderful, which is helpful. Unfortunately "eke" is Greek for the missing "grrrr," so he may not be aggressive enough to play in the naturalfit ball league.

Keith Hudson -- is already regretting the name-trade & is resigned to looking for an agent to help launch his new netflix show, The Man With A Missing Name. Not "Keith" but "keef" is Arabic for marijuana, btw. Don't ask me how I know; I'll just lie to you.

Then there's Chaste Young -- he's too pure to need any name work.

Winner of the Post of the Pandemic Award - hopefully not an annual award.

I knew tzedakah was performing charity. In the old days, farmers would allocate a portion of their harvest to the poor.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1419 » by Ruzious » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:37 pm

BearlyBallin wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:

From what I've read they like the corners we have.

Fuller slot & Darby/Moreau outside ... Moreland backing them up

I’m concerned with Darby staying healthy and would love another CB to develop not necessarily start.

Right now it’s Greg Stroman, Danny Johnson & Simeon Thomas ... small, small & idk lol 8-)

Gleaning comments that Fuller's made, he'd rather play outside, and he expects to. I think they like Moreland inside. And Darby gives them their first pure speed CB in a long time. I think Moreau's going to have to prove a lot to get in the starting lineup. To me, Moreland's gotta play a lot this season because of his nose for the ball. I think Danny Johnson's the next best they have behind those guys. He's small, but he still hits hard, and he's fast.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1420 » by Ruzious » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:44 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

This is an interesting subject. I read recently that the cap is expected to decrease by 70 to 80 million next year because of the corona virus effect. If that happens, there are going to be teams that will have to dump high salaried players, and the Skins will be in position to grab some.

Return to Washington Wizards