ImageImageImageImageImage

Lakers would be better with Kuzma as second option.?!

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Re: Lakers would be better with Kuzma as second option.?! 

Post#41 » by NippySudz » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:48 pm

stan francisco wrote:Just make sure to come back when he does kick it in gear on offense. If you haven’t seen his good games, you would naturally argue what you argue.

I don’t mind informed disagreements. Ignore.

Look, I apologized to you. I'm not going to "stalk" you about kuzma.

if he excels, I'll be sure to sing his praises the same thing I did about AB
Dmagic
Pro Prospect
And1: 297

Post#42 » by Dmagic » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:32 pm

NippySudz wrote:
stan francisco wrote:Just make sure to come back when he does kick it in gear on offense. If you haven’t seen his good games, you would naturally argue what you argue.

I don’t mind informed disagreements. Ignore.

Look, I apologized to you. I'm not going to "stalk" you about kuzma.

if he excels, I'll be sure to sing his praises the same thing I did about AB

You want me to stalk him bro..I got you
AdonisDeMarion
Bench Warmer
And1: 121

Post#43 » by AdonisDeMarion » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:04 am

Dmagic wrote:I believe Kuzma can be a more efficient scorer than AD, behind Lebron. I would rather see Kuz going off slashing and flashing and hitting shots than missed threes and fadeaways from AD. And I believe if Kuzma can Man Up he will be able to surpass AD as the second leading scorer perhaps not even as The Second Option but the third or whatever option just out working and out playing the second(AD). LETS GO!!!

Wow just wow
cheese318
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Post#44 » by cheese318 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:02 am

Dmagic wrote:I believe Kuzma can be a more efficient scorer than AD, behind Lebron. I would rather see Kuz going off slashing and flashing and hitting shots than missed threes and fadeaways from AD. And I believe if Kuzma can Man Up he will be able to surpass AD as the second leading scorer perhaps not even as The Second Option but the third or whatever option just out working and out playing the second(AD). LETS GO!!!

AD is an MVP type talent in the NBA. Kuzma unfortunately is not on that level. He is obviously a lot better then he has performed throughout this year. I think he has shown some signs of doing the little things better at points this year then in years pasts. Right before the stoppage occurred he played two very good games versus LAC & MIL that was integral to the LAL winning
Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,184

Post#45 » by God Squad » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:58 am

Orlando Magic about to overpay for Kuzma confirmed
myersia
Analyst
And1: 788

Post#46 » by myersia » Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:52 pm

Would we do kuzma for lavine? Obviously we would have to include another piece.
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man
And1: 476

Post#47 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:39 am

myersia wrote:Would we do kuzma for lavine? Obviously we would have to include another piece.

Lavine would be a better fit along side AD and Bron but it depends on who do we include.
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,182

Post#48 » by SlimShady83 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:03 am

How can we get any better then 1st place?

LOL

Just saying
Bring back Defense
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,182

Post#49 » by SlimShady83 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:06 am

myersia wrote:Would we do kuzma for lavine? Obviously we would have to include another piece.

I've always loved my boy King Kuz ... But I would do the above offer

Isn't Lavine a better jump shooter ?? haven't really followed him much

It would most defiantly have to include another piece and maybe even a future pick or 2.
Bring back Defense
myersia
Analyst

Post#50 » by myersia » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:12 pm

SlimShady83 wrote:

I've always loved my boy King Kuz ... But I would do the above offer

Isn't Lavine a better jump shooter ?? haven't really followed him much

It would most defiantly have to include another piece and maybe even a future pick or 2.

I feel ya. I love Kuz. But Lavine would be an excellent fit one would think. His shot has improved a lot. With the bulls likely blowing things up and starting over completely. I would think kuzma would be appealing for them as well as draft picks. They are going to want that cap space back for the rebuild.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,545

Post#51 » by stan francisco » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:22 am

If this happens, I expect miles to return with a post. I don’t see how this deal happens. Whom else are we giving up?

If we’re talking Kuz plus ‘fillers’ like AC and QC, it’s a different story.

I‘d have to stop and think. What rotations am I getting currently, and for how much? Caruso delivers way above his pay grade. So does Kuz. They make nothing, both are starter caliber or high use rotation players on most other teams. Caruso has finished tight games for us. Kuz handle the clutch, too. They’re super value for what we’re paying.

Any trade must reflect that lopsidedness in contract benefits going to a team receiving, let’s say, Kuz and AC. In other words, Chicago should arguably give up more to gain those great contracts for two rotation players.

Would you give up Kuz and Caruz for LaVine? What fillers would you dangle next to Kuz to get it done?

If AC is included I have to think hard. For real. Im preferential to his defense and off the ball movement.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
myersia
Analyst

Post#52 » by myersia » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:41 pm

stan francisco wrote:If this happens, I expect miles to return with a post. I don’t see how this deal happens. Whom else are we giving up?

If we’re talking Kuz plus ‘fillers’ like AC and QC, it’s a different story.

I‘d have to stop and think. What rotations am I getting currently, and for how much? Caruso delivers way above his pay grade. So does Kuz. They make nothing, both are starter caliber or high use rotation players on most other teams. Caruso has finished tight games for us. Kuz handle the clutch, too. They’re super value for what we’re paying.

Any trade must reflect that lopsidedness in contract benefits going to a team receiving, let’s say, Kuz and AC. In other words, Chicago should arguably give up more to gain those great contracts for two rotation players.

Would you give up Kuz and Caruz for LaVine? What fillers would you dangle next to Kuz to get it done?

If AC is included I have to think hard. For real. Im preferential to his defense and off the ball movement.

I would think hard about AC but honestly Lavine is a better player with more potential than either. On our team he becomes an instant third possible all star if he can stay healthy. That’s the only possibly downfall of this trade. KCP has pretty much showed us he can do what AC does outside of the passing this year. Lavines injury history is the only thing that concerns me.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#53 » by Landsberger » Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:24 am

People need to read the thread about Glen Rice. No one... other than a top 5 star will come in here and produce anything close to what they are now. Anyone thinking we can bring a dynamic player scoring 18+ and have that translate to this team in this system just isn't watching what's going on. Sure Kuz could be better but when you shoot 35% fewer times you're going to produce about 35% less scoring.

That said, Kuz is about 90% gone IMHO. He gets a decent jump in salary this off season so he becomes more tradable. We will do that to open a spot for a 30 something vet or 2. We have no stomach to re-sign him because we're setting up for another multi star chasing offseason next year.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#54 » by Kilroy » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:15 pm

I don't particularly think Glen Rice is any kind of example of how a player can adapt to this team... He was thoroughly disappointing almost across the board... He came in out of shape and seemed disinterested... Like he just jumped on the gravy train and expected just to coast to a ring.
I counter with Worthy, Odom, Fox/Horry, etc... It's certainly possible for a young stud to join this team and be productive.

The issue with Kuzma isn't so much productivity as it is consistency. There's no normal for Kuzma... He's just hot/cold hit/miss, and almost doesn't seem to fit no matter what numbers he's putting up. You can't gameplan for him, and that's the big issue, because next to LeBron and AD, you need role players that master in consistency first and productivity second.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#55 » by Landsberger » Fri May 1, 2020 1:15 am

Kuzma's consistency inside the arc is pretty solid.... his opportunities?... not so much. No one other than a handful of players are consistent night to night from 3. Just doesn't play out in the numbers. When close to half your shots are from deep that would lead you to overall inconsistent production.

I would also offer that Kuzma's defense has been consistently good all year. He's worked his butt off on that end and it's shown up in improvement in both on the ball and off the ball situations. Is he a great defender? not yet but he's a hell of a lot better than last year when I think he was underrated. He was in a 15 game stretch of playing that end of the floor very well with the stoppage came along.

That said, he doesn't have the mental fortitude to push back and "take" the opportunities that some young guys do. Not in his makeup. He's also enamored by the "lifestyle" that sidelines a lot of careers. He struggles with knowing where his place is and it is blinding evident when either Bron or Davis has missed games and he feels what he can do has a place on the floor.

We will have a 30 something vet in his slot next year so this argument will finally end... I just hope we are going to obtain some future value for him.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#56 » by stan francisco » Tue May 5, 2020 4:01 am

Kuzma can still be that third high production contributor, our third star.

But nobody can if they’re not included in any offensive schemes. If no plays are drawn up for a player like Horry or Kuz, you’re gonna see scrappiness and effort like we’ve seen, but little consistency on the offensive end.

Many posters are completely blind to his improvements on defense. He’s up to par on that end and then some. He’s earned the right to take a stab at some bigger responsibilities (more drawn up attempts) offensively.
TheRealKaboom
Sixth Man
And1: 1,716

Post#57 » by TheRealKaboom » Mon May 11, 2020 12:58 am

stan francisco wrote:Kuzma can still be that third high production contributor, our third star.

But nobody can if they’re not included in any offensive schemes. If no plays are drawn up for a player like Horry or Kuz, you’re gonna see scrappiness and effort like we’ve seen, but little consistency on the offensive end.

Many posters are completely blind to his improvements on defense. He’s up to par on that end and then some. He’s earned the right to take a stab at some bigger responsibilities (more drawn up attempts) offensively.
That isn't what OP asked though. He's asking if Kyle Kuzma is a better basketball player than Anthony Davis. The answer is no.

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#58 » by stan francisco » Mon May 11, 2020 10:02 am

TheRealKaboom wrote:
stan francisco wrote:Kuzma can still be that third high production contributor, our third star.

That isn't what OP asked though. He's asking if Kyle Kuzma is a better basketball player than Anthony Davis. The answer is no.

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app

Uh, yeah. Obviously. I addressed that in an earlier post in here, too, like everyone else.
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#59 » by iamworthy » Tue Jul 7, 2020 7:50 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#60 » by NippySudz » Sat Aug 8, 2020 6:11 am

Kuz is doing good in the bubble, focusing on his defense And better shot selection. Gotta give credit where credit is due

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

Return to Los Angeles Lakers