ImageImageImageImageImage

Wiggins and Warriors - get on the record.

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Will the Warriors be a success with Wiggins next year (WCF or Chip)

Yes
57%
No
43%

Total votes: 103

whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,836

Re: Wiggins and Warriors - get on the record. 

Post#121 » by whatisacenter » Wed Mar 4, 2020 11:44 pm

floppymoose wrote:highlite reel dunks yo

Fitz better not pick up that Wiggsanity line :nonono:
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,400

Post#122 » by ILOVEIT » Thu Mar 5, 2020 12:45 am

whatisacenter wrote:
floppymoose wrote:highlite reel dunks yo

Fitz better not pick up that Wiggsanity line :nonono:

Makes you wonder what his reputation would be right now had he joined the Warriors as a rookie. :)

Folks....we just got this kid...AND a first round pick lol.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#123 » by Little Digger » Thu Mar 5, 2020 1:22 am

Jerry Who?
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
vagelis
Starter
And1: 794

Post#124 » by vagelis » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:39 pm

A nice Wiggins 2019/20 highlights video

ILOVEIT
RealGM

Post#125 » by ILOVEIT » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:55 pm

Just watching Warriors beat the Thunder with that epic Curry 40' shot to win the game.

Warriors are 53-5 after that win. Now watching Harrison Barnes during that game....he was awful. Missed several layups...bricked an open 3 to the left of the rim.

Wiggins is on a completely different level than Barnes. He's a natural mover...scorer...more athletic now. Really Wiggins is a all-star caliber talent being asked to be a 3rd option on our team. He will upgrade the Warriors defensively immediately.

Of course I want Giannis over Wiggins....but Wiggins and a top 4 pick... Add Iggy back on this team....I think it's back on track for this dynasty.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#126 » by Coxy » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:29 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:Just watching Warriors beat the Thunder with that epic Curry 40' shot to win the game.

Warriors are 53-5 after that win. Now watching Harrison Barnes during that game....he was awful. Missed several layups...bricked an open 3 to the left of the rim.

Wiggins is on a completely different level than Barnes. He's a natural mover...scorer...more athletic now. Really Wiggins is a all-star caliber talent being asked to be a 3rd option on our team. He will upgrade the Warriors defensively immediately.

Of course I want Giannis over Wiggins....but Wiggins and a top 4 pick... Add Iggy back on this team....I think it's back on track for this dynasty.

xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,239

Post#127 » by xdrta+ » Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:49 am

ILOVEIT wrote:Just watching Warriors beat the Thunder with that epic Curry 40' shot to win the game.

I agree, except for Iguodala. Sadly, I think his day is done. Let him come back when they hang his jersey in the rafters.
kingcong95
Junior
And1: 129

Post#128 » by kingcong95 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:53 am

I would not stake much on Wiggins getting us back to the conference finals next year. After that, it would depend almost entirely on who we get with the 2 lottery picks. But if we can flip Wiggins and either of those picks for a malcontent star that gets us there, that would be a win too.
Even if we are "stuck" with him, it's OK because he brings an element to our offense that nobody else can and unlike DLO, there still is a chance he can protect a cookie jar from his toddler nephew. 95M is still an overpay as a role player, but the luxury tax savings for both this year (7M) and next year (since we delayed our repeater status, it could save 40M or more) would make his net cost to Lacob closer to 3/45-50M which would be perfectly acceptable for a good number of teams in the league. No other team in the league can take this perspective, which is why I expect Wiggins to be a big part of what we do (some way or other) next year and simply brush away other fans' trade proposals of attaching him to the pick we got with him for a bunch of expiring bench players.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,202

Post#129 » by wco81 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:50 am

Would you trade Wiggins for Aaron Gordon?
DAWill1128
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,691

Post#130 » by DAWill1128 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:28 am

wco81 wrote:Would you trade Wiggins for Aaron Gordon?

It is possible to get Gordon and still keep Wiggins. But it would require us trading our TPE for a player then parlaying that player into a trade for Gordon.

Example: OKC wants cap space and picks so we trade the TPE + picks. OKC wants to get value on the last year of Schroeders contract and has two point guards already.

Orlando wants to balance the roster and get a point guard so they trade us Gordon for Schroeder.

Gordon makes slightly above the TPE so this is how it works. We could trade for a player purely for cap space and include players to go above the TPE threshold. Which I think is worth considering if we see a fit with someone slightly above the 17.2 TPE.

But undoubtedly we would be a small ball monster of a team with Gordon and have a lot of forwards to throw at teams. Could create nice depth. You could play Green, Paschall, Gordon, Wiggins, and Thompson all the 2-4 minutes in big games which would be a tough two way rotation for other teams. Just use the draft and mle to fill backup point guard and center.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#131 » by Coxy » Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:23 pm

wco81 wrote:Would you trade Wiggins for Aaron Gordon?

No
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#132 » by HiRez » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:04 am

With the Gobert-Mitchell drama still unresolved, Green for Gobert rumors heating up. Probably would have to throw in something like a pick or Paschall to make that happen, but would be an interesting move, one that (unlike most proposed trades) wouldn't significantly hurt us defensively, and in fact you can make a good argument it makes us better defensively overall. I think Draymond has a few advantages over Gobert (passing, BBIQ, fire?), but Gobert would instantly solve our sorely-needed size and rim protection needs emphatically and obviously he's DPOY.

Just for fun, let me ask: would you trade Draymond and our 2020 FRP for Gobert? I love Draymond, but I'd definitely do it.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,239

Post#133 » by xdrta+ » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:17 am

Gobert makes $26.5M next year, but then he's an UFA, so I'd say it's more than a little risky.
HiRez
RealGM

Post#134 » by HiRez » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:36 am

xdrta+ wrote:Gobert makes $26.5M next year, but then he's an UFA, so I'd say it's more than a little risky.

Good point, I guess it could be a sign & trade? Although, assuming Gobert would want a bigger contract, that would probably take his salary out of matching range with Draymond. I don't see the Dubs taking that risk without an extended contract or at the very least an assurance from Gobert (which is still risky).
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#135 » by Warriors Analyst » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:32 am

HiRez wrote:With the Gobert-Mitchell drama still unresolved, Green for Gobert rumors heating up. Probably would have to throw in something like a pick or Paschall to make that happen, but would be an interesting move, one that (unlike most proposed trades) wouldn't significantly hurt us defensively, and in fact you can make a good argument it makes us better defensively overall. I think Draymond has a few advantages over Gobert (passing, BBIQ, fire?), but Gobert would instantly solve our sorely-needed size and rim protection needs emphatically and obviously he's DPOY.

Just for fun, let me ask: would you trade Draymond and our 2020 FRP for Gobert? I love Draymond, but I'd definitely do it.

God no I would not do this. Draymond’s ability to play the 5 deep in the playoffs is invaluable. Gobert can’t survive small ball in the West and I do not want to trade for a high salary guy who won’t be on the floor in the final minutes of conference final games.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#136 » by Coxy » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:55 pm

HiRez wrote:With the Gobert-Mitchell drama still unresolved, Green for Gobert rumors heating up. Probably would have to throw in something like a pick or Paschall to make that happen, but would be an interesting move, one that (unlike most proposed trades) wouldn't significantly hurt us defensively, and in fact you can make a good argument it makes us better defensively overall. I think Draymond has a few advantages over Gobert (passing, BBIQ, fire?), but Gobert would instantly solve our sorely-needed size and rim protection needs emphatically and obviously he's DPOY.

I’m a massive Gobert fan, but I still say no to this. I wouldn’t even do it straight up 1 for 1.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#137 » by Mylie10 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:09 pm

When you see what Gobert makes and then the prospect of paying him again, Id say this, "KEEP HIS NAME OUT-CHO MOUTH!!!"
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
HiRez
RealGM

Post#138 » by HiRez » Fri May 1, 2020 3:26 am

Sure, Gobert makes a lot, but it's a bit silly to suggest he's not a significant upgrade over Green. He's a league top 15-20 player, of course he makes a lot, and he's also only 27, probably not even fully in his prime yet. He should make a lot. It's not a fluke that he led the league in DRPM the last 4 years in a row.

It's pretty clear Draymond (while still I think underrated nationally) is on the downside of his prime and will continue to decline in the coming years. One of Draymond's early advantages was the ability to hit the 3 at a decent clip, but that threat is now completely gone (broken corkscrew in Swiss Army knife).

If it's possible to get a Giannis, Simmons, Embiid, etc. for Draymond/Wiggins + pick(s)—who would also be very expensive—I'd prefer it, but it seems unlikely. There just aren't too many young 2-way players available who won't degrade our defense at positions of need for us right now (granted, we don't even know if Gobert will be available).

Without additional help/upgrades, I'm not convinced we currently have enough to make it to or through the Finals. Does a rookie make the difference? That could be at least as risky as a trade.
weekend_warrior
Pro Prospect
And1: 349

Post#139 » by weekend_warrior » Sat May 2, 2020 1:56 pm

2020 RS Gobert may be a clear upgrade on 2020 RS Green. But apart from rim protection, which every team requires to some extent of course, he doesn't do anything that would make him fit in the GSW system (obviously only counting Kerr era).

Gobert isn't mobile in space (can't defend out to the perimeter or switch on smaller players). He's not a good passer, let alone secondary playmaker, can't push the fast break. Also he doesn't appear to have this "edge" that this team sorely needs.

I agree with the concern of Green declining. He did look bad last season. But to me he was still very good the POs just before. And to be honest, this 2020 RS was over with Curry's injury. I will happily give it another year before i pull the trigger on any deal that just kills the entire system and flow of that team. (And under no circumstance ever would I add a top pick to make that trade, that's absolutely crazy.)
ILOVEIT
RealGM

Post#140 » by ILOVEIT » Sun May 3, 2020 5:11 am

nope....I wouldln't trade Green for Goober. I would make the argument that Bogut - when healthy - is a ton better passer and a much higher hoops IQ. Now imagine the Warriors with Goober instead of Bogut in 2015/16...but no Draymond. Eh....

What noone really get's is that Green is the swag.....he's the junk yard dog...the toughness on this team.

Rudy Goober, IMO, is similar to DeAndre Jordan....looks great when all he has to do is block some shots....but every thing else is sooooo limited....

Pass.

Return to Golden State Warriors