ImageImageImage

What is our cap situation this off season and next?

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

HEATVols865
General Manager
And1: 6,640

What is our cap situation this off season and next? 

Post#1 » by HEATVols865 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:18 pm

How much do we have this year and next year if we don’t sign anyone to a long term contract this summer?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
#HEATLifer #VFL

You're welcome LeBron.

Tyler Herro is a TURD.
Bam is NOT elite but is getting better.
Fire Spoelstra!
Josh Heupel is coming for you.

I’m a proud admirer and lover of BBWs!

Formerly known as Brazilian, QueenOfFairies and HEATlanta.
HeatFanLifer
General Manager
And1: 39,855

Re: What is our cap situation this off season and next? 

Post#2 » by HeatFanLifer » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:38 pm

Nobody knows due to the impact of COVID.
OP for NBA FT record
wadenation305
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,250

Post#3 » by wadenation305 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:51 pm

Atm we have a shade over 80 mil on the books next season and only 43 mil on the books the season after, the salary cap was projected to go around 115-116 mil but with what's going on that's not happening, so assuming it doesn't go up but doesn't go down either we'd be just short of 30 mil this upcoming season and 2 mil short of having two max slots the year after assuming the salary cap doesn't go down from it's current amount. TBH if I don't catch wind that Giannis is a possibility down here ( and tbh even though we're good the bucks are better idk why he would leave unless he wants sunny beaches) and a good real star falls in our lap this offseason I'm pulling the trigger, but I mean a real star not a fake one like a Blake griffin that is really not gonna do anything for us as far as championships are concerned. At this point I'd say no to a Bradley Beal, I feel we'll have that and even better in Herro and won't cost us half our team,we're pretty covered at the sg spot, we need a damn Pf, that's what been making me sick to my stomach. We desperately need a pf that can actually move his feet faster than molasses, or a center that isn't a liability down low and can stroke the three at the same time.
Cleckert7
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#4 » by Cleckert7 » Mon May 11, 2020 1:05 am

HeatFanLifer wrote:Nobody knows due to the impact of COVID.

Yeah COVID is taking a serious effect. But, I've been reading a ton about the Heat (trading/draft wise), and saw an article saying they're one playmaker away from title contention. That fires me up. I think we could seriously turn into a force that fast.
https://prosportsoutlook.com/most-valuable-content-may-8-2020/

Return to Miami Heat