ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NBA General Discussion 2019-20 V2.0

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

casual_raps_fan
Pro Prospect
And1: 616

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2019-20 V2.0 

Post#301 » by casual_raps_fan » Wed Apr 1, 2020 12:57 am

Is Nick Nurse coach of the year?
PT416
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,243

Post#302 » by PT416 » Wed Apr 1, 2020 2:54 am

casual_raps_fan wrote:Is Dwane Casey coach of the year?
polo007
General Manager
And1: 2,652

Post#303 » by polo007 » Thu Apr 2, 2020 6:18 pm

Read on Twitter
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,487

Post#304 » by Duffman100 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:31 pm

Leon Rose unsure of Knox.

I'd take a flyer on that kid if the price isn't that high. Has terrible %s, but so hard to judge on he Knicks.
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#305 » by Kabookalu » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:02 am

Duffman100 wrote:Leon Rose unsure of Knox.

I'd take a flyer on that kid if the price isn't that high. Has terrible %s, but so hard to judge on he Knicks.

It would be funny if we got him since he ended up being that unprotected first round pick in the nixed Kyle Lowry deal.
Read on Twitter
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,118

Post#306 » by God Squad » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:56 am

casual_raps_fan wrote:
Psubs wrote:
casual_raps_fan wrote:Are Norm and Fred in the conversation for Most Improved player this season?

No, because Graham was as good as Malcolm Miller last year and is now a starting calibre PG shooting well from 3.

I had no clue who 'Graham' was since I mostly only follow and watch games of teams I'm interested in so I had to search through the bad NBA teams to find Devonte Graham on the Charlotte Hornets. :lol:

Psubs wrote:
casual_raps_fan wrote:Are Norm and Fred in the conversation for Most Improved player this season?

They are in the conversation for MIP on their team. Siakam should win that award on the Raptors. :nod:

You have a point but I personally have Fred and Norm getting the nod over Siakam.... I guess it doesn't matter. They all improved and everybody wins!

Edit: I'll throw OG's name in here too. He improved as well.

Neither Fred or Norm improved as much as Siakam. I had zero faith in Pascal becoming the first option. Especially once the defenses key in on him. Particularly at the beginning of the season, he was absolutely incredible. Pascal has exceeded my expectations.
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,118

Post#307 » by God Squad » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:58 am

Duffman100 wrote:Leon Rose unsure of Knox.

Yeah, I guess, nothing to lose by giving him a shot if the price is right. But if we're being honest he doesn't look very good, and he's supposed to be a shooter. But unfortunately, he doesn't shoot very well.
2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,449

Post#308 » by 2019nbachamps » Fri May 1, 2020 3:01 am

I hope the Knicks get Brand so Brand can ruin another one of our division rivals. He was dealt an excellent hand with the 76ers and has somehow made them weaker.
Sir-Swish-A-Lot
Senior
And1: 499

Post#309 » by Sir-Swish-A-Lot » Fri May 1, 2020 3:24 am

The NBA needs to go ahead and just cancel this season as to have more time to contemplate the measures needed to have a full 2020-21 season. No need to put anyone at risk just to entertain. The world goes on without NBA basketball, NBA basketball does not go on without the World. Keep the original draft and free agency dates in order to conduct off season business as usual moving forward...
lolwut
General Manager
And1: 12,909

Post#310 » by lolwut » Fri May 1, 2020 2:07 pm

Sir-Swish-A-Lot wrote:The NBA needs to go ahead and just cancel this season as to have more time to contemplate the measures needed to have a full 2020-21 season. No need to put anyone at risk just to entertain. The world goes on without NBA basketball, NBA basketball does not go on without the World. Keep the original draft and free agency dates in order to conduct off season business as usual moving forward...

One blessing in disguise is that we didn't have the typical race to the bottom with lottery teams this year.
2023-2024 FatherTracker™ - baby raptors looking to be adopted by a warm, loving family man
Kevin Willis
RealGM
And1: 7,924

Post#311 » by Kevin Willis » Sun May 3, 2020 2:15 am

Game of the day

Ska needs to make a comeback.
ash_k
RealGM
And1: 8,790

Post#312 » by ash_k » Sun May 3, 2020 1:58 pm

Sir-Swish-A-Lot wrote:The NBA needs to go ahead and just cancel this season as to have more time to contemplate the measures needed to have a full 2020-21 season. No need to put anyone at risk just to entertain. The world goes on without NBA basketball, NBA basketball does not go on without the World. Keep the original draft and free agency dates in order to conduct off season business as usual moving forward...

No reason to cancel the NBA Season...the same risk will be there in October...
Use Disney World or Vegas..but implement the "Bubble city" to finish the 19-20 season...then start 2020-2021 in December on Xmas day if you have to
Sinant wrote:I treat the Phoenix/Cleveland/Boston Shaqs like I do Wizards MJ. Never happened.
Sir-Swish-A-Lot
Senior

Post#313 » by Sir-Swish-A-Lot » Sun May 3, 2020 3:35 pm

ash_k wrote:

Use Disney World or Vegas..but implement the "Bubble city" to finish the 19-20 season...then start 2020-2021 in December on Xmas day if you have to

Bubble city...smh The NBA is entertainment non essential. If one player, coach, refs, staff, event staff gets COVID 19 and dies what then? If one of their family members get COVID 19 and dies what then? It's not worth the risk to finish the season plus it's already May 3rd.

Some players have stated that they need 3-4 weeks to get back into tip top playing shape in order to avoid injuries. And even then the play will most likely be preseason like sloppy.

Cancel the season and implement a plan of action for next season with more time to study the problem and come up with a well thought out solution. Greed over need or health over wealth?
ash_k
RealGM

Post#314 » by ash_k » Sun May 3, 2020 5:09 pm

Sir-Swish-A-Lot wrote:
ash_k wrote:

Bubble city...smh The NBA is entertainment non essential. If one player, coach, refs, staff, event staff gets COVID 19 and dies what then? If one of their family members get COVID 19 and dies what then? It's not worth the risk to finish the season plus it's already May 3rd.

Some players have stated that they need 3-4 weeks to get back into tip top playing shape in order to avoid injuries. And even then the play will most likely be preseason like sloppy.

Cancel the season and implement a plan of action for next season with more time to study the problem and come up with a well thought out solution. Greed over need or health over wealth?

In October, there will be no difference..no vaccine. and the number of cases will not be ZERO.

Test them and isolate them (in that bubble city). Tell me how someone can "die" ( :lol: y'all are so dramatic) from C-19 if that someone is isolated with people in Disney World that got tested "negative" . The Bubble city is the only safe option.
It is only May. We have got June, July, August. More than enough time.

Freeze the regular season now and have 2 Tournaments (after a couple of warm-up games): one for the NBA Champion and the other for the number 1 pick.
Sinant wrote:I treat the Phoenix/Cleveland/Boston Shaqs like I do Wizards MJ. Never happened.
Sir-Swish-A-Lot
Senior

Post#315 » by Sir-Swish-A-Lot » Sun May 3, 2020 5:41 pm

ash_k wrote:
Sir-Swish-A-Lot wrote:
ash_k wrote:No reason to cancel the NBA Season...the same risk will be there in October...

In October, there will be no difference..no vaccine. and the number of cases will not be ZERO.

Test them and isolate them (in that bubble city). Tell me how someone can "die" ( :lol: y'all are so dramatic) from C-19 if that someone is isolated with people in Disney World that got tested "negative" . The Bubble city is the only safe option.
It is only May. We have got June, July, August. More than enough time.

Freeze the regular season now and have 2 Tournaments (after a couple of warm-up games): one for the NBA Champion and the other for the number 1 pick.

Doesn't matter if season starts in October or December there won't be ZERO cases nor most likely a vaccine. A vaccination may be 12-18 months away. There might not even be a 2020-21 season if the COVID-19 virus comes back stronger in the Fall as many scientists have predicted. :-?

How do you know that a Bubble City would be 100% protected from the pandemic? You don't. Nobody knows that is a 100% certified scientific fact. Bubble City means that the COVID-19 virus can't manifest there, right Dr Zhivago? The COVID-19 virus knows that it has to stay out of a Bubble City, huh? :crazy:

Furthermore a negative COVID-19 test can be wrong as can a positive COVID-19 test. Moreover a person can have ZERO symptoms and still carry the virus, infect others. If someone happens to die from the virus in a Bubble City what would you say then? Laugh it off? Comprehension is a mental extension. Ignorance is bliss. :banghead:

The NBA is not essential. NBA basketball without fans in attendance? No need for bush league gimmicks to finish up the NBA season. No need to jeopardize the players, coaches, refs, staffs health, lives/family's lives for the sake of entertainment. If you really feel the need to watch some NBA basketball check out the NBA video archives on YouTube/NBATV and relax in a safe environment for all. :D

Cancel the season and put all of the NBA's power brokers cognitive effort into coming up with realistic ideas for a 2020-21 season while conducting off-season business on schedule. No need to rush blindly into a pandemic just to satisfy some societal basketball Jones while using the players and the like as Bubble City pandemic test dummies. :noway:
ash_k
RealGM

Post#316 » by ash_k » Sun May 3, 2020 6:15 pm

You obviously don't get the concept of the Bubble City or else you would not be asking "would be 100% protected from the pandemic? "...Look up that concept that will help.
For example, the EPL's most recent idea(look it up) to resume their season is a big risk (not enough isolation). The Bubble city is the only safe choice.

To conclude, Athletes (+ refs+ teams in this extraordinary situation) always have had access to the best doctors, to the best testing..this would be no difference: if it means doing "blood testing" to ensure the results then "Blood testing" it would be.

No reason to cancel the season...The Season will resume and the West Conference Finals will still be Lakers vs Clippers in that bubble city.

Way too dramatic around here, like the C-19 has 50% killrate
Sir-Swish-A-Lot
Senior

Post#317 » by Sir-Swish-A-Lot » Sun May 3, 2020 7:53 pm

ash_k wrote:You obviously don't get the concept of the Bubble City or else you would not be asking "would be 100% protected from the pandemic? "...Look up that concept that will help.
For example, the EPL's most recent idea(look it up) to resume their season is a big risk (not enough isolation). The Bubble city is the only safe choice.

To conclude, Athletes (+ refs+ teams in this extraordinary situation) always have had access to the best doctors, to the best testing..this would be no difference: if it means doing "blood testing" to ensure the results then "Blood testing" it would be.

No reason to cancel the season...The Season will resume and the West Conference Finals will still be Lakers vs Clippers in that bubble city.

I fully overstand the Bubble City concept, friend.

Give the NBA players, coaches, refs, staff and the like precedent over regular American citizens for COVID-19 testing all just to entertain? Your societal priorities are out of whack to say the very least.

Bubble City this, Bubble City that...Bubble City basketball is straight up wack.

Have a good day, buddy-o-pal...
megalison
Freshman
And1: 71

Post#318 » by megalison » Sun May 3, 2020 8:37 pm

ash_k wrote:You obviously don't get the concept of the Bubble City or else you would not be asking "would be 100% protected from the pandemic? "...Look up that concept that will help.

The only way this works is if either of the two proposed states (Florida & Nevada) can drastically curb the existing spread of COVID-19. At this point, neither have been successful, and in Florida's case, I only see it getting worse given their premature lifting of shelter-in-place.

May 2 (# of new confirmed cases):
Nevada - 229
Florida - 735

The concept of 'Bubble City' sounds like a great idea, but in practice will be very difficult to manage. It hinges on widespread rapid testing, extensive contact tracing, ridiculously stringent sanitization, and even then, if even one player or staff member contracts the virus, what happens? Do you immediately run another set of tests for every single person involved? Do you shut down the league for 2 weeks? What if it happens again?

This is not even taking into account the existing supply & demand of testing. The US are not even close to where they need to be when it comes to testing capacity. There are major supply chain issues. You know it's bad when Maryland needs to secretly import test kits from South Korea, and then employ the national guard to ensure those kits aren't seized/stolen. From a PR perspective, inevitably you're going to have mainstream media absolutely **** on the NBA for taking a large chunk of testing capacity, given the NBA being a non-essential business.

The only way I see the NBA restarting its season, is if America as a whole gets its together. Based on what we're seeing right now, that is not happening.
ash_k
RealGM

Post#319 » by ash_k » Sun May 3, 2020 10:01 pm

megalison wrote:
The only way this works is if either of the two proposed states (Florida & Nevada) can drastically curb the existing spread of COVID-19. At this point, neither have been successful, and in Florida's case, I only see it getting worse given their premature lifting of shelter-in-place.

May 2 (# of new confirmed cases):
Nevada - 229
Florida - 735

The concept of 'Bubble City' sounds like a great idea, but in practice will be very difficult to manage. It hinges on widespread rapid testing, extensive contact tracing, ridiculously stringent sanitization, and even then, if even one player or staff member contracts the virus, what happens? Do you immediately run another set of tests for every single person involved? Do you shut down the league for 2 weeks? What if it happens again?

This is not even taking into account the existing supply & demand of testing. The US are not even close to where they need to be when it comes to testing capacity. There are major supply chain issues. You know it's bad when Maryland needs to secretly import test kits from South Korea, and then employ the national guard to ensure those kits aren't seized/stolen. From a PR perspective, inevitably you're going to have mainstream media absolutely **** on the NBA for taking a large chunk of testing capacity, given the NBA being a non-essential business.

The only way I see the NBA restarting its season, is if America as a whole gets its together. Based on what we're seeing right now, that is not happening.

Why? The players will have no contact with either Floridians or Nevadans.

Another key point of that bubble city concept is to remove the need of constant testing (in Germany, to resume their soccer league, their players would get tested every 3 days – that’s way too much work due to not enough isolation (i.e Bubble city)

One of the key goals of the bubble city is to remove the need of testing.

The way it would go:
Teams have already been tested. but for the bubble city access, teams/rest will be tested again:
Team/Staff/Rest land in a Transitory location. They all get tested.
All gets tested negative then they have access to B-City. They will have the best testing capabilities to ensure the results (it is NBA, it is pro-sports). The rich and powerful can get tested whenever they like.

Having the NBA on TV will help society as well. I think some are neglecting how important sport is to society. There is a reason why in Italy, Spain and England, despite all the cases and deaths; they want their soccer league back early June.

Bubble city/one highly protected location is much easier to manage than what England and others are proposing to resume their sport leagues.
Sir-Swish-A-Lot
Senior

Post#320 » by Sir-Swish-A-Lot » Sun May 3, 2020 10:43 pm

Why? The players will have no contact with either Floridians or Nevadans.

Another key point of that bubble city concept is to remove the need of constant testing (in Germany, to resume their soccer league, their players would get tested every 3 days – that’s way too much work due to not enough isolation (i.e Bubble city)

One of the key goals of the bubble city is to remove the need of testing.

The way it would go:
Teams have already been tested. but for the bubble city access, teams/rest will be tested again:
Team/Staff/Rest land in a Transitory location. They all get tested.
All gets tested negative then they have access to B-City. They will have the best testing capabilities to ensure the results (it is NBA, it is pro-sports). The rich and powerful can get tested whenever they like.

Having the NBA on TV will help society as well. I think some are neglecting how important sport is to society. There is a reason why in Italy, Spain and England, despite all the cases and deaths; they want their soccer league back early June.

Bubble city/one highly protected location is much easier to manage than what England and others are proposing to resume their sport leagues.

Having the NBA on tv will help society? Really now? What episode of the Twilight Zone are you living in- Bubble City? :crazy:

Many people can't pay their mortgages, rent, car payments, electric bills, credit card debt, buy food and the like. Many people can't open their businesses, pay their employees but watching NBA basketball is going to ease those concerns somehow? Do you live in the real world or are you just some NBA basketball fanatic that is out of touch with reality? :noway:

Furthermore, getting people to work and able to open their businesses again will help society not some athletic entertainment on tv. America needs to put it citizens first not some professional athletic leagues. Many American citizens can't even get enough testing but you are seemingly ok with celebrity athletes/rich people jumping the queue all in order to entertain? :bowdown:

What are your priorities? Humanity or entertainment? :argue:

Return to Toronto Raptors