ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Ahmaud Arbery murdered in Georgia - DA Indicted!!! (Update p. 11))

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,452

OT: Ahmaud Arbery murdered in Georgia - DA Indicted!!! (Update p. 11)) 

Post#1 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:23 am

This just made The NY Times. Three days from the anniversary of Trayvon Martin’s murder.

Basically, a 25 year old former high school football standout Ahmaud Arbery, who was jogging through one of those white middle class communities, He was mistakenly identified by this old white guy, a retired investigator for the DA’s office, as the possible perpetrator of a series of break-ins in the neighborhood. So this guy and his son decide to git their guns, of course, hop into their pickup truck, chase this black man down, confront him with their weapon. And you’ll never guess what happens next. There’s an alleged “struggle for the dad’s rifle” and ... yada yada yada ... Arbery is **** dead.

The local DA decided not to press charges though it could still go to a grand jury.

People who support the family of the victim want to protest but they feel they can’t because of the virus.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/26/us/ahmed-arbery-shooting-georgia.html?action=click&module=News&pgtype=Homepage

Read on Twitter
Free Palestine
Loisl
Veteran
And1: 187

Re: OT: Trayvon Martin 2.0 in Georgia? 

Post#2 » by Loisl » Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:57 am

Being from Europe, I'll never understand this kind of action. Why don't they report their "suspicion" to the police and let them handle the rest. This makes me sick. IMO this happens when you let everyone buy a gun. There will always be moron. Why let them buy guns? If they f*ck up, the opposing side will add guns too.

No disrepsect to the guys who own and handle guns the right way.
But for the greater good: guns should only be available for authorities.
R.I.P. Mags - :beer:
Once a Knick, always a Knick.
EL CABRITO
Starter
And1: 133

Post#3 » by EL CABRITO » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:04 pm

These 2 clowns aren't cops, they're menaces to society and need to go to prison for murder.
The deceased didn't have a gun ,if he did he would of shot it, especially if he were indeed a bad guy.
Instead he's wrestling for his life over the shotgun.

He sees these dudes rolling up on him in a truck!
They each have a firearm.

Your life is in danger.

Then add the fact you're a black man...

Now you may feel like these men are going to kill you. And get away with it.
If you have no critics you'll likely have no success.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,869

Post#4 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:19 pm

this isn't another trayvon only because the killers haven't even been charged. at least zimmerman had a trial. :nonono:

these are self-appointed executioners. vigilantes killing black boys and men... same as it ever was.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,041

Post#5 » by robillionaire » Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:41 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:this isn't another trayvon only because the killers haven't even been charged. at least zimmerman had a trial. :nonono:

these are self-appointed executioners. vigilantes killing black boys and men... same as it ever was.

he wasn't going to have a trial either until protests happened
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,815

Post#6 » by 8516knicks » Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:44 pm

Shame is there are probably thousands more over the years.

Just read this today about the longest imprisonment while innocent:
https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2020/04/us/longest-wrongful-prison-sentence/

Most shameful are DA's who fight to keep the convictions knowing their targets were innocent, probably to buttress their job/political ambitions. There should be some sort of law to come back at them with karma. Hard.
robillionaire
RealGM

Post#7 » by robillionaire » Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:46 pm

Loisl wrote:Being from Europe, I'll never understand this kind of action. Why don't they report their "suspicion" to the police and let them handle the rest.

the cops were just as likely to carry out a lynching of a black person as the vigilantes were so I guess they figured they'd cut out the middle man, if you call the cops on someone especially a black person you're potentially getting that person executed so you better be sure
robillionaire
RealGM

Post#8 » by robillionaire » Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:48 pm

8516knicks wrote:Shame is there are probably thousands more over the years.

Most shameful are DA's who fight to keep the convictions knowing their targets were innocent, probably to buttress their job/political ambitions. There should be some sort of law to come back at them with karma. Hard.

I've been watching a short 10 espidode docuseries on netflix called the innocence files and it's a pretty informative look at how junk evidence has been used over the years to convict people as the innocence project tries to get the verdicts overturned years later, and yeah it also touches on that subject
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,869

Post#9 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:11 pm

robillionaire wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:this isn't another trayvon only because the killers haven't even been charged. at least zimmerman had a trial. :nonono:

he wasn't going to have a trial either until protests happened

good point
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,793

Post#10 » by Stannis » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:34 pm

robillionaire wrote:
Loisl wrote:Being from Europe, I'll never understand this kind of action. Why don't they report their "suspicion" to the police and let them handle the rest.

the cops were just as likely to carry out a lynching of a black person as the vigilantes were so I guess they figured they'd cut out the middle man, if you call the cops on someone especially a black person you're potentially getting that person executed so you better be sure

I witnessed stuff like that first hand.

I was downtown one night in the south. This white guy was yelling in the middle of the street "f**n n***r stole my car". It was some mixup. He mistaken this black guy for somebody else that actually stole his car. Why he would try to take this into his own hands and not call the cops in the first place is beyond me.

Anyways, he literally tried to run over this black guy, but the black guy went behind a tree. They fought and the black man defended himself and left the guy bloody.

Cops arrive. First thing they do is put cuffs on the black guy and ask the white guy questions. The cops didn't cuff the white man until a white witness went up to the cops and told me what exactly happened.

Right wingers will keep saying this isn't a issue; but fail to realize no progress will be made until there is a foundation of trust between the people and police. This is why the blue wall of silence should be illegal.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#11 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:07 pm

robillionaire wrote:

The dad had worked for the DA’s office so why didn’t he just pick up the phone and call one of his buddies in the PD?
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#12 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:12 pm

robillionaire wrote:
8516knicks wrote:Shame is there are probably thousands more over the years.

I've been watching a short 10 espidode docuseries on netflix called the innocence files and it's a pretty informative look at how junk evidence has been used over the years to convict people as the innocence project tries to get the verdicts overturned years later, and yeah it also touches on that subject

Barry Scheck and Peter Neufeld are the attorneys. The Project runs outs of Cardozo Law School here in NYC. They do great work.
Free Palestine
MAQ
RealGM
And1: 2,885

Post#13 » by MAQ » Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:31 am

Stannis wrote:
robillionaire wrote:

I witnessed stuff like that first hand.

I was downtown one night in the south. This white guy was yelling in the middle of the street "f**n n***r stole my car". It was some mixup. He mistaken this black guy for somebody else that actually stole his car. Why he would try to take this into his own hands and not call the cops in the first place is beyond me.

Anyways, he literally tried to run over this black guy, but the black guy went behind a tree. They fought and the black man defended himself and left the guy bloody.

Cops arrive. First thing they do is put cuffs on the black guy and ask the white guy questions. The cops didn't cuff the white man until a white witness went up to the cops and told me what exactly happened.

Right wingers will keep saying this isn't a issue; but fail to realize no progress will be made until there is a foundation of trust between the people and police. This is why the blue wall of silence should be illegal.

Uhh... so you were one of the cops?
GYBE wrote:I don't think my behaviour changes at all when I'm drunk. But when I'm wasted, my girlfriend becomes a real klutz. She starts walking into doors and falling down stairs. Weird.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 13,958

Post#14 » by KnicksGadfly » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:08 am

Funny how the All Lives Matter people don't show up when this stuff happens
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,195

Post#15 » by Kampuchea » Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:00 pm

He looked just like a burglar? These crackers just looking at the skin color and that’s enough to know he’s the one?

Take away guns. They need to be jailed
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#16 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri May 1, 2020 6:16 am

Kampuchea wrote:He looked just like a burglar? These crackers just looking at the skin color and that’s enough to know he’s the one?

Take away guns. They need to be jailed

This story is getting no media attention whatsoever. Unbelievable.
Free Palestine
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,664

Post#17 » by nedleeds » Fri May 1, 2020 2:45 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:Funny how the All Lives Matter people don't show up when this stuff happens

They don't show up when white people wander into the wrong neighborhoods either. Racism and profiling cuts both ways.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2012/mar/22/florida-britons-shot-dead-trial

It's all senseless violence that ruins lives.
Chanel Bomber wrote:I'm not coming back. This is my last song, and it sheets over your whole career. Go Knicks though.
Thepaintismine
Sophomore
And1: 96

Post#18 » by Thepaintismine » Fri May 1, 2020 2:47 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:This just made The NY Times. Three days from the anniversary of Trayvon Martin’s murder.

Basically, a 25 year old former high school football standout Ahmaud Arbery, who was jogging through one of those white middle class communities, He was mistakenly identified by this old white guy, a retired investigator for the DA’s office, as the possible perpetrator of a series of break-ins in the neighborhood. So this guy and his son decide to git their guns, of course, hop into their pickup truck, chase this black man down, confront him with their weapon. And you’ll never guess what happens next. There’s an alleged “struggle for the dad’s rifle” and ... yada yada yada ... Arbery is **** dead.

The local DA decided not to press charges though it could still go to a grand jury.

People who support the family of the victim want to protest but they feel they can’t because of the virus.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/26/us/ahmed-arbery-shooting-georgia.html?action=click&module=News&pgtype=Homepage

Read on Twitter

DAMN Sad. Hearing this just breaks my heart.
Keep us updated. I hope Justice is served.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 13,958

Post#19 » by KnicksGadfly » Fri May 1, 2020 3:23 pm

nedleeds wrote:
KnicksGadfly wrote:Funny how the All Lives Matter people don't show up when this stuff happens

They don't show up when white people wander into the wrong neighborhoods either. Racism and profiling cuts both ways.

I agree with your point. When white people enter into the wrong place and get hurt or robbed, the cops and criminal justice system are usually on their side. Wish that the justice system worked the same for all people. Definitely unfair.
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,664

Post#20 » by nedleeds » Fri May 1, 2020 7:26 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:
nedleeds wrote:

I agree with your point. When white people enter into the wrong place and get hurt or robbed, the cops and criminal justice system are usually on their side. Wish that the justice system worked the same for all people. Definitely unfair.

Sure, and maybe if the media and our elected officials would gt a hard on for the massively overwhelming amount of black people killed by other black people we could actually put a dent in the loss of life. But nobody gives a **** when a black kid kills a black kid either because it doesn't get clicks.
Chanel Bomber wrote:I'm not coming back. This is my last song, and it sheets over your whole career. Go Knicks though.

Return to New York Knicks