ImageImage

Bucks Media Thread (Discussion of Bucks & Sports Media) - Sparky postgame show back starting tomorrow

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,051

Re: Bucks Media Thread (Discussion of Bucks and local sports media) 

Post#101 » by Thunder Muscle » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:35 am

Siefer wrote:Somewhat related to Nehm - Kane Pitman is doing a really nice job with Locked on Bucks. He's steadily improved since the year began, and I think he's better at hosting the podcast than Nehm was. I like Eric, and he has/had a good amount of insight and access, but Kane already has (and is continuing to develop) better podcast rapport with Frank, and I think he has better instincts for how and when to push his own reads. He's less comfortable flying solo than Nehm, and can struggle with topic transitions, but overall I continue to be impressed with him.

Side note: I love Frank, but he needs to lay off the words "remarkable" and "ironic."

I like Kane but I also seemed to listen less this year. I think it's more sports radio burnout than him. I liked his interview with Bogut and I think tonight he was teasing George Karl which I would love. I respected Nehm's knowledge and opinion, but Kane seems a little more likable for lack of a better word.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#102 » by Thunder Muscle » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:06 pm

Kane's interview with Coack Karl was pretty good. I don't think it will win back fans who dislike him, but does take some blame for certainly moves, etc. Seems like he regretted the Anthony Mason move the most and that was the biggest factor in the team falling apart. Seemed open to talking to Ray (but I doubt its mutual). Speaks highly of Sam. Big Dog was quiet guy he would often say.

Side note, Coach Karl said at the end he plans to do a deep dive into his Milwaukee years on an upcoming pod of his and plans to have Sam on it, possibly others. That could be fun.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,844

Post#103 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:58 pm

Props to Kane. He’s hustling his butt to get some great guests on LOB this week talking the 2001 team.

He wasn’t around for 2001 and had no knowledge of the Karl era, but he’s watched all the games and read the archives to help do this programming.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Re: Bucks Media Thread (Discussion of Bucks and sports media) 

Post#104 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:23 pm

Appreciate everyone trying to keep discussions in the various threads. Hard when every topic relates back to Covid-19.

Did think this was worth a discussion:

Did not know Grant Wahl made $350k last year. Him turning down a paycut to keep his job may go down like Sprewell or Nerlen's Noel's decision to reject contract offers.

https://awfulannouncing.com/si/maven-fires-grant-wahl-from-sports-illustrated.html

HurricaneKid
General Manager
And1: 5,034

Post#105 » by HurricaneKid » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:25 am

paulpressey25 wrote:Appreciate everyone trying to keep discussions in the various threads. Hard when every topic relates back to Covid-19.

Did not know Grant Wahl made $350k last year. Him turning down a paycut to keep his job may go down like Sprewell or Nerlen's Noel's decision to reject contract offers.

https://awfulannouncing.com/si/maven-fires-grant-wahl-from-sports-illustrated.html
But he did accept it. He just wanted an end date for it. I dont understand how that is problematic in the least. And I dont even know who he is.

Sent from my SM-G955U using RealGM mobile app
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#106 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:20 am

HurricaneKid wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:Appreciate everyone trying to keep discussions in the various threads. Hard when every topic relates back to Covid-19.

But he did accept it. He just wanted an end date for it. I dont understand how that is problematic in the least. And I dont even know who he is.

That’s the punch line though. There is no end date. All these businesses have no clue what revenues will look like on the other side of this.

BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,893

Post#107 » by BUCKnation » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:28 am

HurricaneKid wrote:

Sent from my SM-G955U using RealGM mobile app

Basically the go to reporter on US soccer for the last 20 years.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,913

Post#108 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:52 pm

I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#109 » by Badgerlander » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:34 am

MickeyDavis wrote:https://www.jsonline.com/story/entertainment/television-radio/2020/04/20/milwaukees-wauk-am-drops-sports-talk-24-7-coronavirus-programming/5167660002/

Well that sucks, 540 was the last station that broadcast national sports radio shows instead of the local worthless dreck, ugh.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,432

Post#110 » by emunney » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:10 pm

Kane is putting out the absolute best Bucks content right now, terrific job.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
BradMKE
Senior
And1: 553

Post#111 » by BradMKE » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:06 pm

ClassicJack
Lead Assistant
And1: 965

Post#112 » by ClassicJack » Fri May 1, 2020 1:41 am

F*** Marc Davis, f*** Tim Donaghy and f*** David Stern as a staff, record label and as a mothaf**kin crew......and if you wanna be down with Stern then F*** YOU TOO!!! Stu Jackson f*** you too.....all you mothaf**kas F*** YOU TOO!!!!
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#113 » by Thunder Muscle » Fri May 8, 2020 3:19 am

Karl dropped his Bucks podcast with Sam Cassell on the 2001 team today. I look forward to that one.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,782

Post#114 » by RiotPunch » Fri May 8, 2020 10:03 pm

Congrats to rodzilla for getting his email read on The Ringer NBA Show. ~42 minute mark.

Outback Jesus is my new favorite Delly nickname.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
pack15412
Senior
And1: 285

Post#115 » by pack15412 » Sat May 9, 2020 12:19 am

Thunder Muscle wrote:Karl dropped his Bucks podcast with Sam Cassell on the 2001 team today. I look forward to that one.

Just wrapping it up now. Fun listen. Nothing truly enlightening, but listening to Sam reminisce is a lot of fun. Was a fun team after years of bleak basketball.

ETA: Interesting that George has been preaching the 00-01 team as under-talented overachievers. Obviously they didn't line up on paper against the Lakers, but at the time it never felt like this was some Cinderella team. Took a few years to click when they just couldn't get past the Pacers, but nobody had 3 scorers like them. Shot most teams out of the gym. I think George is trying to rewrite history to look a little better in hindsight or something.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#116 » by MickeyDavis » Sat May 9, 2020 12:25 am

Still pisses me off they couldn't sustain success. A slow build up (lose 3-0 to Pacers, lose 3-2 Pacers, ECF) after YEARS of futility and then it was over. 41-41 and no playoffs the year after ECF and then the team was dismantled. Sam was my favorite player on that team.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,090

Post#117 » by DingleJerry » Sat May 9, 2020 12:57 am

Agree. I hated the Mason move from the beginning. Wanted nothing to do with that guy near that team. I actually went to a game midseason that year with a big bright orange with black writing Cut Mason sign. had good seats near midcourt too, he had a really good game that day and I feel like he stared us down a few times.

In a lot of ways that team was ahead of it's time. The Nash PHX teams get more recognition in that sense but the 01 Bucks when they went with the small ball lineups with Thomas and being so guard and shooting oriented would've fit much better now. Big Dog also would've fit much better as a 4 in todays world than a 3 in that world. Just sucked it ended so quickly, one run and that was it
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
beerhere6
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#118 » by beerhere6 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:28 am

Apologies if I missed this elsewhere, but would anyone happen to know why the radio call since the restart has't been available on the app as it normally has been in the regular season? Thanks
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#119 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:43 am

beerhere6 wrote:Apologies if I missed this elsewhere, but would anyone happen to know why the radio call since the restart has't been available on the app as it normally has been in the regular season? Thanks

This guy joined over 4 years ago but this is his first post. He deserves an answer. I don't have one.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,315

Post#120 » by trwi7 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:59 am

MickeyDavis wrote:
beerhere6 wrote:Apologies if I missed this elsewhere, but would anyone happen to know why the radio call since the restart has't been available on the app as it normally has been in the regular season? Thanks

This guy joined over 4 years ago but this is his first post. He deserves an answer. I don't have one.

But he's also a Bears fan.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks