ImageImageImage

2020 NBA Draft - We have a FRP!....for now

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,737

Re: 2020 NBA Draft - We have a FRP!....for now 

Post#181 » by DayofMourning » Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:07 am

twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,214

Post#182 » by twix2500 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:37 am

Omg Elijah Hughes does the rim nasty
Feel_the_Heat15
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,455

Post#183 » by Feel_the_Heat15 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:45 pm

Lets assume that the 18 players listed below are off the board.

1.Precious Achiuwa
2.Cole Anthony
3.Deni Avdija
4.Lamelo Ball
5.Saddiq Bey
6.Anthony Edwards
7.Josh Green
8.Tyrese Haliburton
9.RJ Hampton
10.Killian Hayes
11.Tyrese Maxey
12.Jaden McDaniels
13.Aaron Nesmith
14.Onyeka Okongwu
15.Isaac Okoro
16.James Wiseman
17.Obi Toppin
18.Devin Vassell

My top 5 picks for the Heat are...

1.Aleksej Pokusevski
2.Kira Lewis Jr.
3.Jalen Smith
4.Isaiah Joe
5.Tyler Bey
twix2500
RealGM

Post#184 » by twix2500 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:28 pm

How do you feel about drafting a huge project and stashing him away for a few years. I see a very raw player and is trying to learn how to control his skills and that can happen in a few years in the g league or overseas.

HeatFanLifer
General Manager
And1: 39,855

Post#185 » by HeatFanLifer » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:18 am

twix2500 wrote:How do you feel about drafting a huge project and stashing him away for a few years. I see a very raw player and is trying to learn how to control his skills and that can happen in a few years in the g league or overseas.

I don’t really like the idea of stashing a first round pick, but if it’s an undrafted or second round talent, you don’t have much to lose. When I think of first round stash, I think of Dorrel Wright and there was just so much time wasted on that guy. Don’t wanna go through that again.
OP for NBA FT record
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#186 » by DayofMourning » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:20 am

Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:Lets assume that the 18 players listed below are off the board.

1.Precious Achiuwa
2.Cole Anthony
3.Deni Avdija
4.Lamelo Ball
5.Saddiq Bey
6.Anthony Edwards
7.Josh Green
8.Tyrese Haliburton
9.RJ Hampton
10.Killian Hayes
11.Tyrese Maxey
12.Jaden McDaniels
13.Aaron Nesmith
14.Onyeka Okongwu
15.Isaac Okoro
16.James Wiseman
17.Obi Toppin
18.Devin Vassell

1.Aleksej Pokusevski
2.Kira Lewis Jr.
3.Jalen Smith
4.Isaiah Joe
5.Tyler Bey

I'm down with 1 and 3. Both are very interesting players. I feel like Aleksej could turn into a real baller down the road. His ceiling feels pretty high.

I know zero about 2, 3 and 5. Not on my radar.
Feel_the_Heat15
Assistant Coach

Post#187 » by Feel_the_Heat15 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:25 pm

DayofMourning wrote:
Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:Lets assume that the 18 players listed below are off the board.

1.Precious Achiuwa
2.Cole Anthony
3.Deni Avdija
4.Lamelo Ball
5.Saddiq Bey
6.Anthony Edwards
7.Josh Green
8.Tyrese Haliburton
9.RJ Hampton
10.Killian Hayes
11.Tyrese Maxey
12.Jaden McDaniels
13.Aaron Nesmith
14.Onyeka Okongwu
15.Isaac Okoro
16.James Wiseman
17.Obi Toppin
18.Devin Vassell

1.Aleksej Pokusevski
2.Kira Lewis Jr.
3.Jalen Smith
4.Isaiah Joe
5.Tyler Bey

I'm down with 1 and 3. Both are very interesting players. I feel like Aleksej could turn into a real baller down the road. His ceiling feels pretty high.

I know zero about 2, 3 and 5. Not on my radar.

Kira Lewis averaged 23 PPG his last 9 games, Isaiah Joe is Duncan Robinson in guard form and Tyler Bey is a combo forward that can defend.
Feel_the_Heat15
Assistant Coach

Post#188 » by Feel_the_Heat15 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:58 pm

Switch Tyler Bey with Paul Reed. Reed is bigger and younger.
RipCity71252
Pro Prospect
And1: 194

Post#189 » by RipCity71252 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:05 am

I still really like Nico for you guys.

Think he fits skill wise and his mentality fits the Heat culture. Hard worker, smart and a winner.
twix2500
RealGM

Post#190 » by twix2500 » Fri May 1, 2020 11:54 pm

I'm not confident any player at 24 will be able to crack into regular rotation next season. I think its purely a g-league player for the 1st year like Robinson and Okpala. I wouldn't be mad if we chose a stash away project.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
puppa bear
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,500

Post#191 » by puppa bear » Sat May 2, 2020 10:33 am

twix2500 wrote:I'm not confident any player at 24 will be able to crack into regular rotation next season. I think its purely a g-league player for the 1st year like Robinson and Okpala. I wouldn't be mad if we chose a stash away project.

You’re probably right. The pick may give an indication as to what role they see KZ playing and who they are targeting in 2021 FA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Feel_the_Heat15
Assistant Coach

Post#192 » by Feel_the_Heat15 » Sat May 2, 2020 5:19 pm

twix2500 wrote:I'm not confident any player at 24 will be able to crack into regular rotation next season. I think its purely a g-league player for the 1st year like Robinson and Okpala. I wouldn't be mad if we chose a stash away project.

If the player we draft starts his rookie year playing well, he will be in the rotation. We gave Robinson chances his rookie year and he was terrible. With Okpala, we were trying to develop his offensive game. If we draft a defense-first player odds are likely that he will be in the rotation.
twix2500
RealGM

Post#193 » by twix2500 » Sun May 3, 2020 12:36 pm

puppa bear wrote:

You’re probably right. The pick may give an indication as to what role they see KZ playing and who they are targeting in 2021 FA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okpala is a wildcard. I think he was on pace in his learning curve to make the active roster and possibly compete to be in the rotation. He would have to beat out DJJ if he returns. He has similar attributes to DJJ but bigger more of a ball handler than dunker. If there is no summer league that could again stunt his development. That would be 2 summer leagues in a row. And was the gleague shorten this year because of COVID or was it finished?

If Gallinari opts out then I expect Heat to sign him. I expect Dragic and DJJ to return. I think up in the air will be Leonard and Crawford. I think Pat is relying on veterans to complete the main rotation, from here on out. Okpala possibly the only youngin with a chance at rotation. I cant see Vincent taking minutes from Dragic or Nunn. Herro, Robinson, Butler, and Iggy pretty much got the swing position on lock. Are we really expecting to find a big to outplay Olynyk, Leonard and possibly Gallinari?

Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,467

Post#194 » by Bishop45 » Mon May 4, 2020 2:28 am

Kira's pretty nice, strange I assumed he was already a dom-type player
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
youngWizzy
Rookie
And1: 481

Post#195 » by youngWizzy » Sat May 9, 2020 1:52 am

Hello everybody,

Tool: https://nbadraftcomp.herokuapp.com

I recently developed an NBA Draft Comparison tool that has gained a good amount of popularity on Twitter by several draft analysts

The tool retrieves similar physical, statistical (per40), and advanced stat comparisons for any player dating back to the 2000 NBA Draft based on their position

Note: Advanced stats only go back to the 2011 Draft and there are currently only limited physical comparisons for some of the 2020 prospects as the combine hasn't reported official measurements. Additionally, if you cannot find a player in the stats, visuals, or advanced pages you can enter their sports-reference url and the site will generate the comparisons then.

If you end up seeing this, any feedback/comments/suggestions that you have or would like me to add a feature to the website is something that I'd appreciate a whole lot. You can dm me here but preferable on twitter:youngwizzydfs and I will respond asap.

The experience is a lot better on desktop/laptop than mobile which is something I am working on right now

If you don't mind sharing the tool with your friends and people that would mean a whole lot as it could lead to potential donations to my site that will help keep it up! Been working on this for a few years now so it's been one hell of a roller coaster ride!

Per 40 stat comparison can be found here: https://nbadraftcomp.herokuapp.com/stats

Advanced stat comparisons can be found here: https://nbadraftcomp.herokuapp.com/advanced

Physical comparisons can be found here: https://nbadraftcomp.herokuapp.com/measurements

A visualizations page which visualizes how a player compares to their position can be found here: https://nbadraftcomp.herokuapp.com/visuals

Twitter: @youngwizzydfs
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#196 » by DayofMourning » Sat May 9, 2020 12:14 pm

Bishop45 wrote:Kira's pretty nice, strange I assumed he was already a dom-type player

I've got blinders on this year. Pretty much only looking at bigs. I remember the last time I did that, and we drafted a front court instead of a backcourt like I was expecting. That was Bam. Turned out pretty good. I've got a high level of trust in the Heat drafting players. They just dont value the picks as much as other teams so we rarely have them in the Riley era.

Having said that, maybe Kira is a guy I will overlook and he will be great if we draft him. I knew well enough about Bam predraft, can't say the same about Kira.
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,467

Post#197 » by Bishop45 » Sat May 9, 2020 1:08 pm

DayofMourning wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:Kira's pretty nice, strange I assumed he was already a dom-type player

I've got blinders on this year. Pretty much only looking at bigs. I remember the last time I did that, and we drafted a front court instead of a backcourt like I was expecting. That was Bam. Turned out pretty good. I've got a high level of trust in the Heat drafting players. They just dont value the picks as much as other teams so we rarely have them in the Riley era.

Having said that, maybe Kira is a guy I will overlook and he will be great if we draft him. I knew well enough about Bam predraft, can't say the same about Kira.

You know how I feel about bigs, for the most part. PG/SF would be my preference, but I'll takr what the land yield me

Who were the bigs you were favoring again?
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
Feel_the_Heat15
Assistant Coach

Post#198 » by Feel_the_Heat15 » Sat May 9, 2020 7:17 pm

DayofMourning wrote:

Bam had the upside of a top 5 pick, Kentucky just hid it very well. There isn't a big man we could draft right now that is equal in terms of upside to Kentucky Bam except maybe Pokusevski.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#199 » by DayofMourning » Sun May 10, 2020 12:23 am

Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:

Bam had the upside of a top 5 pick, Kentucky just hid it very well. There isn't a big man we could draft right now that is equal in terms of upside to Kentucky Bam except maybe Pokusevski.

I like Poku very much. I think this is the draft that a guy like that goes early though.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#200 » by DayofMourning » Sun May 10, 2020 12:25 am

Bishop45 wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:

You know how I feel about bigs, for the most part. PG/SF would be my preference, but I'll takr what the land yield me

Who were the bigs you were favoring again?

Too many to list. This is a good year to be picking in the early 20s.

I'm super hyped about Jalen Smith and Alex Poku. Those dudes are intriguinng.

Return to Miami Heat