ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Ahmaud Arbery murdered in Georgia - DA Indicted!!! (Update p. 11))

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,855

Re: OT: Ahmoud Arbery murdered in Georgia (Trayvon 2.0) 

Post#141 » by 8516knicks » Sun May 10, 2020 10:15 pm

Official footage of Glynn County Detective hard at work on the case:

RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,426

Re: OT: Trayvon Martin 2.0 in Georgia? 

Post#142 » by RHODEY » Mon May 11, 2020 4:34 am

CDAZ wrote:
nedleeds wrote:
KnicksGadfly wrote:Funny how the All Lives Matter people don't show up when this stuff happens

They don't show up when white people wander into the wrong neighborhoods either. Racism and profiling cuts both ways.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2012/mar/22/florida-britons-shot-dead-trial

It's all senseless violence that ruins lives.

What?

Not sure how killing someone during a robbery counts as racism. They may have been "profiled" as easy marks (for robbery) in the hood because they were white. The murder was senseless, but not initially driven by race.

What Dylan Roof did was racially motivated...and not "senseless" it was planned.

Anyway the racism comes in when dealing with the consequences of the so called murder.

Will the perpetrator get indited/charged if so will the sentence fit the crime?
How much evidence does it take to charge the perp?
Will he (or she) get donations counting into the thousands for murdering someone ?
Will the police jump on arresting the perps or will they drag their feet?
Will the media look into the criminal past of the victim or the perp?
Will the laws support the perpetrator or the victim?
e.t.c.
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#143 » by RHODEY » Mon May 11, 2020 6:07 am

RHODEY wrote:
CDAZ wrote:
nedleeds wrote:
They don't show up when white people wander into the wrong neighborhoods either. Racism and profiling cuts both ways.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2012/mar/22/florida-britons-shot-dead-trial

It's all senseless violence that ruins lives.

What?

Not sure how killing someone during a robbery counts as racism. They may have been "profiled" as easy marks (for robbery) in the hood because they were white. The murder was senseless, but not initially driven by race.

What Dylan Roof did was racially motivated...and not "senseless" it was planned.

Anyway the racism comes in when dealing with the consequences of the so called murder.

Will the perpetrator get indited/charged if so will the sentence fit the crime?
How much evidence does it take to charge the perp?
Will he (or she) get donations counting into the thousands for murdering someone ?
Will the police jump on arresting the perps or will they drag their feet?
Will the media look into the criminal past of the victim or the perp?
Will the laws support the perpetrator or the victim?
e.t.c.

movingon
Sixth Man
And1: 328

Post#144 » by movingon » Mon May 11, 2020 6:49 am

RHODEY wrote:

Interesting, but is there a more legitimate source than the youtube channel of "Willie D"?
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#145 » by RHODEY » Mon May 11, 2020 7:47 am

movingon wrote:
RHODEY wrote:

Interesting, but is there a more legitimate source than the youtube channel of "Willie D"?

The picture first started floating around on facebook....
EL CABRITO
Starter
And1: 133

Post#146 » by EL CABRITO » Mon May 11, 2020 12:18 pm

Now that we've seen the video, there is no way these "men" didn't murder this man in cold blood, and no way they didn't attempt to cover this up.

The sad thing is most of the time there is no video account, but today that means nothing.
Arbery never stood a chance.
If you have no critics you'll likely have no success.
movingon
Sixth Man
And1: 328

Post#147 » by movingon » Mon May 11, 2020 1:36 pm

I would like to see some solid evidence of this KKK thing that's floating around the internet. Looks like the guy has an arm tattoo. Should be easy to verify, no? I think it's probably BS.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,994

Post#148 » by GONYK » Mon May 11, 2020 4:45 pm

Read on Twitter
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#149 » by RHODEY » Mon May 11, 2020 5:00 pm

movingon wrote:I would like to see some solid evidence of this KKK thing that's floating around the internet. Looks like the guy has an arm tattoo. Should be easy to verify, no? I think it's probably BS.

The picture was taken in 2016. Mcmichael didn't retire from the district attorney's office until 2019.... he would have to be incredibly arrogant and/ or dumb to parade out in public like that while holding a public position. But you never know...
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,675

Post#150 » by Pointgod » Mon May 11, 2020 5:13 pm

EL CABRITO wrote:Now that we've seen the video, there is no way these "men" didn't murder this man in cold blood, and no way they didn't attempt to cover this up.

The sad thing is most of the time there is no video account, but today that means nothing.

It’s amazing that people even need videos to conclude the most obvious things i.e Americans are **** racist and black people are treated like second class citizens. This is pretty much a carbon copy of the Zimmerman case except for the inclusion of a video. If it wasn’t for organizations like Black Lives Matter organizing, protesting and lobbying over the years, these charges would have continued to be swept under the rug. Put these **** under the jail.
Pointgod
RealGM

Post#151 » by Pointgod » Mon May 11, 2020 5:14 pm

GONYK wrote:
Read on Twitter

Do it! Add years to these ****’s sentences.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,228

Post#152 » by DOT » Mon May 11, 2020 5:29 pm

Pointgod wrote:
EL CABRITO wrote:Now that we've seen the video, there is no way these "men" didn't murder this man in cold blood, and no way they didn't attempt to cover this up.

It’s amazing that people even need videos to conclude the most obvious things i.e Americans are **** racist and black people are treated like second class citizens. This is pretty much a carbon copy of the Zimmerman case except for the inclusion of a video. If it wasn’t for organizations like Black Lives Matter organizing, protesting and lobbying over the years, these charges would have continued to be swept under the rug. Put these **** under the jail.

That's the thing though, they wont conclude that

Best case scenario is, they recognize it as a race crime, but say it's an isolated incident and these things are uncommon

And then bring up interracial crime statistics without recognizing the irony of using them in a case where police swept a murder under the rug because the killer was the white color. I mean, right color, my mistake.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#153 » by RHODEY » Mon May 11, 2020 7:36 pm

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,602

Post#154 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon May 11, 2020 8:14 pm

The death penalty is legal in NC. I'm morally against the death penalty but I'm willing to make an exception here.
Free Palestine
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,408

Post#155 » by KnicksGod » Mon May 11, 2020 8:30 pm

Not only does the guy not help him after he falls but his posture is straight up and down and his rifle is relaxed by his side. He looks and walks away from the victim, to my eye.

Three accidental shots? Nope.

Third guy must be arrested. He was fully involved in the illegal activity.
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,647

Post#156 » by prophet_of_rage » Mon May 11, 2020 9:07 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:glad we got some charges. let's see how this goes. couldn't be clearer.

It's an open and shut case ... one would think. But you can already hear the blame the vicim defenses. The big question for me will be the makeup of the jury pool and final jurors. Thankfully, thankfully, thankfully, there was no grand jury proceeding and they just arrested them.

Wasn't Zimmerman initially arrested?

God, I hope that isn't the result here.
This is following the Zimmerman blueprint so far.

Sent from my SM-N970W using Tapatalk
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,602

Post#157 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon May 11, 2020 9:58 pm

prophet_of_rage wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
It's an open and shut case ... one would think. But you can already hear the blame the vicim defenses. The big question for me will be the makeup of the jury pool and final jurors. Thankfully, thankfully, thankfully, there was no grand jury proceeding and they just arrested them.

Wasn't Zimmerman initially arrested?

God, I hope that isn't the result here.
This is following the Zimmerman blueprint so far.

Sent from my SM-N970W using Tapatalk

I forgot about that. Wasn't that the county police that released him and then the state swooped in? I forget.
Free Palestine
Pointgod
RealGM

Post#158 » by Pointgod » Tue May 12, 2020 12:55 am

K-DOT wrote:
Pointgod wrote:

That's the thing though, they wont conclude that

Best case scenario is, they recognize it as a race crime, but say it's an isolated incident and these things are uncommon

And then bring up interracial crime statistics without recognizing the irony of using them in a case where police swept a murder under the rug because the killer was the white color. I mean, right color, my mistake.

Oh I know that these people are hopeless and I soon expect the right wing narrative to change to oh they saw him at the construction site and this was all a horrible mistake. These are good men that don’t deserve to go to jail for life, they made a mistake. The same bull of creating sympathy for the murderer, but not the victim. Because there’s nothing more important to the right wing than protecting White Supremacy. That’s what it always comes back to.
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#159 » by RHODEY » Wed May 13, 2020 12:10 am

RHODEY
RealGM

Post#160 » by RHODEY » Wed May 13, 2020 8:26 pm

Return to New York Knicks