ImageImageImageImage

Summer Trades...never too early

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,154

Re: Summer Trades...never too early 

Post#441 » by zaymon » Tue May 12, 2020 9:52 am

drsd wrote:
MasterGMer wrote:
I think Jonathan Isaac is untouchable. Swap him with Gordon and swap Vucevic with Bamba. And I will do the deal

Bamba, Gordon, and the Orlando FRP in 2020 for Wiggens, Looney, and the Warriors FRP in 2020; I could easily get behind that trade!

Assuming the Magic draft Anthony Edwards, Founrier and Ennis re-up and that Carter-Williams and Birch resign, Orlando's roster starts as:

Fultz/Carter-Williams
Fournier/Ross/Edwards
Isaac/Wiggens/Ennis
Aminu/Okeke
Vučević/Looney/Birch

Immediately either Fournier or Ross would be traded for Forward depth and a future asset (say Frank Kaminsky and a Phoenix SRP in 2021). Add a couple LLE vets, and this looks like a real roster to develop! It should really take shape the year after next.

I wouldnt add our frp. Bamba is still a plus, Gordon is a plus, while Wiggins is a huge minus and Looney is whatever. It would be hard to extend both Isaac and Fultz while paying Wiggins and a first pick. For us 15 pick makes a lot more sense than number one pick this draft given the talent. Its not hard to envision Kira Lewis or Pokusevski being better than Edwards.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 584

Post#442 » by MasterGMer » Wed May 13, 2020 11:37 pm

Is Anthony Edward that good to be a top 3 pick? btw there is a report saying Miami Heat should trade Tyler Herro, Robinson, plus Adebayo for Joel Embiid. I have heard rumors 76ers are trying to trade one of Ben Simmons and Joel Embiid
MasterGMer
Veteran

Post#443 » by MasterGMer » Wed May 13, 2020 11:40 pm

drsd wrote:
MasterGMer wrote:
I think Jonathan Isaac is untouchable. Swap him with Gordon and swap Vucevic with Bamba. And I will do the deal

Bamba, Gordon, and the Orlando FRP in 2020 for Wiggens, Looney, and the Warriors FRP in 2020; I could easily get behind that trade!

Assuming the Magic draft Anthony Edwards, Founrier and Ennis re-up and that Carter-Williams and Birch resign, Orlando's roster starts as:

Fultz/Carter-Williams
Fournier/Ross/Edwards
Isaac/Wiggens/Ennis
Aminu/Okeke
Vučević/Looney/Birch

Immediately either Fournier or Ross would be traded for Forward depth and a future asset (say Frank Kaminsky and a Phoenix SRP in 2021). Add a couple LLE vets, and this looks like a real roster to develop! It should really take shape the year after next.

We need a wing player to let JI play 4. Fournier has a player option to decide and we do not know we are going to resign Ennis. Wiggins can fit here with our lineup. Plus we are going to get a wing thru the draft
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,915

Post#444 » by drsd » Thu May 14, 2020 9:48 am

MasterGMer wrote:
drsd wrote:

Fultz/Carter-Williams
Fournier/Ross/Edwards
Isaac/Wiggens/Ennis
Aminu/Okeke
Vučević/Looney/Birch

We need a wing player to let JI play 4. Fournier has a player option to decide and we do not know we are going to resign Ennis. Wiggins can fit here with our lineup. Plus we are going to get a wing thru the draft

Based on this narrative, Edwards would develop into said player that allows Orlando to go =big in the FA/trade market.

The 2021/22 starting line up would look like:
Fultz/Edwards/player-x/Isaac/Vučević

Player-x would be from the assets of Fournier and various trade scenarios.

MasterGMer
Veteran

Post#445 » by MasterGMer » Sat May 16, 2020 3:30 am

Am I the only one who think Andrew Wiggins could turn into a very solid player?

Aaron Gordon + Bamba + 2020 Magic's FRP for Andrew Wiggins + GSW FRP 2020
a-French-Fan
Senior
And1: 304

Post#446 » by a-French-Fan » Fri May 29, 2020 1:57 pm

I do have an idea, in interest of french national team but also in Magic's interest! ;)

Make a trade Gobert/Vucevic
Maybe not a good choice if you considerate it alone.
But then you draft THéo Malédon

This way, when Gobert and Fournier will be FA, they will ask less money than they may expect elsewhere, because they will be happy to play together and to play with their PG in Paris 2024. So you will have money to hire a good FA on summer 2021.

How bad is this idea for you? :p
Frank Ntilikina is a play-off player, but he goes to the Hornets.

Paris 2024 (Starters):
Ntilikina - Malédon - Hayes
Coulibaly - De Colo
TLC - Rupert or Risacher
Wembanyama- Yabusele
Embiid- Poirier - Lessort [without Embiid: Fall]
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,615

Post#447 » by Skybox » Fri May 29, 2020 3:09 pm

a-French-Fan wrote:I do have an idea, in interest of french national team but also in Magic's interest! ;)

This way, when Gobert and Fournier will be FA, they will ask less money than they may expect elsewhere, because they will be happy to play together and to play with their PG in Paris 2024. So you will have money to hire a good FA on summer 2021.

Sounds great...I doubt Utah or their agents would go for it, but I'd love it!
a-French-Fan
Senior

Post#448 » by a-French-Fan » Fri May 29, 2020 8:01 pm

Skybox wrote:
a-French-Fan wrote:I do have an idea, in interest of french national team but also in Magic's interest! ;)

Sounds great...I doubt Utah or their agents would go for it, but I'd love it!

I don't know if it sounds great, but to fix a Gobert/Vucevic trade ... Good Luck ^^
Maybe a Fournier/Mitchell with other contracts would be easier :p Or the team that draft Malédon or Hayes should make trades to get Fournier or Gobert :p

I want a french connection Somewhere for 2024!

Paris 2024 (Starters):
Coulibaly - De Colo
TLC - Rupert or Risacher
Wembanyama- Yabusele
Bigmagicfan82
Starter
And1: 343

Post#449 » by Bigmagicfan82 » Sun May 31, 2020 6:24 pm

MasterGMer wrote:Am I the only one who think Andrew Wiggins could turn into a very solid player?

No way Gordon, Bamba, and a first for Wiggins.

I would do Gordon, Ennis, and Frazier for Wiggins. They can keep their first.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
Skybox
RealGM

Post#450 » by Skybox » Sun May 31, 2020 6:49 pm

I would definitely take a shot with Wiggins...I like Vuc for Wiggins straight up. Bamba may not be ready...but if he is, Wiggins at 3 with Okeke behind him changes a lot of our offensive gameplay and, possibly, brings more out of everyone. I like Vuc but I think offense around him is limiting the rest...GSW keeps their pick or moves it elsewhere, saves some $$$ and offers more diversity offensively as they contend again...not so sure about AG for Wiggins, would have to get something extra without giving away Mo, that deal is huge.
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#451 » by MagicFan101 » Sun May 31, 2020 7:14 pm

Bigmagicfan82 wrote:
MasterGMer wrote:Am I the only one who think Andrew Wiggins could turn into a very solid player?

lol!!

GSW could very well have the #1 overall pick in this scenario coming back to Orlando and you say “No Way!”

No chance in hell the Warriors give up that pick for AG but crazier is people here cast it aside so quickly for their beloved AG!

That Wiggins contract is terrible but if we let Evan walk this summer or next (depending on his option choice) and we part with AG’s deal while adding a rookie contract (GSW pick = Edwards) backfill for Evan then we can handle that $$$.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,713

Post#452 » by basketballRob » Sun May 31, 2020 7:30 pm

Is Maledon good?

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#453 » by j-ragg » Sun May 31, 2020 8:24 pm

Bigmagicfan82 wrote:

“Keep your #1 overall pick, we’ll take the worst contract in the league by itself thanks”
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
a-French-Fan
Senior

Post#454 » by a-French-Fan » Sun May 31, 2020 11:36 pm

basketballRob wrote:

Is Maledon good?

A top 15, even a top 10 or ... a top 5 ^^. For some ones he did not improve this season, but before Covid-19, in february he was really on a good path. He had an injury on a hit in october, but not a serious injury. But with such a short season and his surprising substitue -ASVEL Actually played Euroleague with 4 PGs- we could not see him so many minutes on the floor. The idea for ASVEL staff was to develop him for a good finish this season. Of course it has never happened with Covid-19. However, he is close too Hayes, and For Paris 2024 I would see a starting five with Malédon as PG, Hayes as SG and Fournier as SF. Hayes as top 3 and Malédon between #17 and #26 can't be real IMO.
Unfortunately people look at the last stats, some highlights, some physical abilities, but not so much the games, and do not pay attention for particular circumstances. And even with those circumstances Malédon had a role in Euroleague at 18, after having a good season in a top Eurocup team at 17. If Malédon would had left ASVEL for a weak Eurocup team, he would had big stats like Hayes. Last point, but not least, TP9 is very high on him and thinks he really fits with NBA game. As an exemple, in Euroleague you have less space to create your own shot or going to the rim. With NBA spacing, it would be easier for him to score.

For every team that needs a PG, after #10 he would be a good choice, after #15 a very good choice, and #20 ... A steal! :)
I think he will be drafted higher than expected in this moment, I trust GM and scouts.

Paris 2024 (Starters):
Coulibaly - De Colo
TLC - Rupert or Risacher
Wembanyama- Yabusele
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,713

Post#455 » by basketballRob » Wed Jun 3, 2020 10:19 am

Just noticing some Twolves fans really want AG. Not sure they have any salaries that can matchup. Some floated Culver and the two first round picks they have this year. One, that doesn't matchup and two, we don't need that many rookies.

Skybox
RealGM

Post#456 » by Skybox » Wed Jun 3, 2020 11:04 am

basketballRob wrote:Just noticing some Twolves fans really want AG. Not sure they have any salaries that can matchup. Some floated Culver and the two first round picks they have this year. One, that doesn't matchup and two, we don't need that many rookies.

Imo, MIN trade has to start with Beasley +... I thought AG to Denver for Beasley/Hernangomez might’ve worked. I like AG fit next to Towns but I definitely value AG and hope he’s not gifted for pennies. Maybe a re-signed Beasley and a pick, I think Langford & Beasley might be too much to ask. AG brings a dimension they lack.
Skybox
RealGM

Post#457 » by Skybox » Sun Jun 7, 2020 1:43 am

Many CHI fans are down on Lavine - just a scorer, one-dimensional, etc...that sounds pretty good to me. He’s got good size, great athleticism, scores inside and out and can make his own opportunities. I think he’d complement Fultz beautifully at 2. Our team D is great and our coach is fundamentally sound, plus we have a couple of elite defensive big men in Isaac, AG and (potentially) Bamba. How can we get his 20+ ppg to ORL?

AG is our prime trade chip and, IMO, their values are close but CHI has Lauri at PF. I think AG would be a perfect fit on a few teams like BRK and Dallas...any ideas for a three way? Or another way to get Lavine?
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,280

Post#458 » by pepe1991 » Sun Jun 7, 2020 1:14 pm

that Bamba+ Gordon for Wiggins + 1# pick ( if it happens to be 1# ) would not be that terrible if Wiggins contract is at least shorter

But even as it stands, there are bigger chances that Lamelo Ball or Edwards turn into allstars than Gordon and Bamba ever will.

Looking at Lamelo and comparing him to Lonzo, he is bigger, looks to have better frame ( comparing to Lonzo's college outlook), less broken jumpshot and even looks like better athlete.
Having 6'8 player comfortable with ball in his hands is definition of need for every contender.

Edwards is more tricky, guy is strong, athletic, but streaky-bad shooter.

This draft will still give you allstars , every draft does. Now where and who is, as usual, biggest question.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
J-Mezzy
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Post#459 » by J-Mezzy » Sun Jun 7, 2020 1:17 pm

I would do that trade

But would the Warriors?
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#460 » by j-ragg » Sun Jun 7, 2020 2:06 pm

pepe1991 wrote:Looking at Lamelo and comparing him to Lonzo, he is bigger, looks to have better frame ( comparing to Lonzo's college outlook), less broken jumpshot and even looks like better athlete.
Having 6'8 player comfortable with ball in his hands is definition of need for every contender.

Interesting hearing you say that. Thought you've been more of the critical ones of Ball (along w/ me).

I get he's taller but to me he has a lot of the Lonzo deficiencies. He can dribble in terms of breaking down a pick and roll but same as his brother I don't think he can get in the lane and finish. He doesn't (didn't) get to the line much overseas but took a **** ton of jumpers, which he was terrible at. He does have decent raw stats with rebounding/assists. Wish they had a usage percentage from his time overseas I'd guess it's not far from Westbrook level.

17 ppg on 16.7 shots per game. 46 TS% and I don't think he'll ever be good on defense or All-NBA caliber on D like his brother but Lonzo didn't show that before he came in the league much either.

I agree with you though that type of player is necessary I just don't think he'll get there. I have no clue why LaMelo is even in contention for #1 pick. If his name was Jason Smith I suspect he might not even be in the 1st round.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.

Return to Orlando Magic