ImageImageImage

Should The Mavs Inquire About Blake Griffin, Kevin Love, John Wall, or Chris Paul?

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

HairyGOATee
Sixth Man
And1: 424

Should The Mavs Inquire About Blake Griffin, Kevin Love, John Wall, or Chris Paul? 

Post#1 » by HairyGOATee » Fri May 8, 2020 5:22 am

ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Re: Should The Mavs Inquire About Blake Griffin, Kevin Love, John Wall, or Chris Paul? 

Post#2 » by ejs78 » Fri May 8, 2020 2:26 pm

No on all for me.
HairyGOATee wrote:Should The Mavs Inquire About Blake Griffin, Kevin Love, John Wall, or Chris Paul?

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,813

Re: Should The Mavs Inquire About Blake Griffin, Kevin Love, John Wall, or Chris Paul? 

Post#3 » by dirkforpres » Fri May 8, 2020 5:18 pm

As with everything, I think it depends on the cost and/or if we get assets back along with them. I think it would be a no in almost any of these circumstances without some serious draft compensation tied to it.
FIRE JASON KIDD
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#4 » by HairyGOATee » Fri May 8, 2020 9:37 pm

I'd consider Blake Griffin or Chris Paul. Not sure Kevin Love is what the Mavs need, but I'd check in just to see what the price is.
I don't like the John Wall fit at all, plus he's a risky investment too.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#5 » by HairyGOATee » Sat May 9, 2020 8:38 am

A healthy Blake is still an upgrade over the Maxi/Powell duo
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#6 » by ejs78 » Sat May 9, 2020 3:21 pm

Only issue is he's rarely that anymore. I see him enough living in Detroit the guy is done and that contact doesn't help.
HairyGOATee wrote:A healthy Blake is still an upgrade over the Maxi/Powell duo

arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#7 » by arkuo » Sat May 9, 2020 8:17 pm

Getting Blake Griffin would mean we send out Powell, Maxi, Wright, Seth and Justin Jackson. All that for one guy to match salaries. Not worth it even if he's capable of playing 82 games, which he wont.
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 845

Post#8 » by Teffer10 » Sat May 9, 2020 9:46 pm

arkuo wrote:Getting Blake Griffin would mean we send out Powell, Maxi, Wright, Seth and Justin Jackson. All that for one guy to match salaries. Not worth it even if he's capable of playing 82 games, which he wont.

Brainstorming here....Would this have any chance?

Washington receives Griffin/#5/#18/Brunson

Detroit receives Maxi/DFS/Wright/Smith/Jackson/#31

Dallas receives Beal

It should work salary wise but not sure if this has any chance even with some tweaking.
Michaellam1987
Rookie
And1: 357

Post#9 » by Michaellam1987 » Sun May 10, 2020 5:53 am

Teffer10 wrote:
arkuo wrote:Getting Blake Griffin would mean we send out Powell, Maxi, Wright, Seth and Justin Jackson. All that for one guy to match salaries. Not worth it even if he's capable of playing 82 games, which he wont.

Brainstorming here....Would this have any chance?

Washington receives Griffin/#5/#18/Brunson

Detroit receives Maxi/DFS/Wright/Smith/Jackson/#31

Dallas receives Beal

It should work salary wise but not sure if this has any chance even with some tweaking.

This trade proposal is a joke, horribly bad for WAS
Mike lorenzo
Analyst
And1: 726

Post#10 » by Mike lorenzo » Sun May 10, 2020 9:33 am

Hello friends, it is my first day here, I am writing to you from Spain, I apologize for my bad English. As for the post in no way ... they are horrible contracts and they left behind their best moment, in my way of seeing the needs they are, a complement from luka in the backcourt a guy with good perimeter defense who can drive a little and shoot, I know ... D.White / J.Richarson / G.Harris..Barton ?. A guy that complements Zinguis here I have more doubts with the player profile, maybe an A. Gordon Fisico who can change in defense and defend Lebrones .Or a Favors profile, good solid reboreto and works for the team, I would focus on that and how icing on the cake FA..Snell / Harkless / O'neal / Matthew / Crowder / Djones jr / Josh Jackson .Try to get off Powell and his horrible contract accompanied by 2 round + Delon Whight x Harris could it work ??? ..Maybe a Brunson + 2 round 20+ Justin Jackson im/or Marjanovic x White ??
1+1=11
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#11 » by arkuo » Wed May 13, 2020 9:55 am

Mike lorenzo wrote:Hello friends, it is my first day here, I am writing to you from Spain, I apologize for my bad English. As for the post in no way ... they are horrible contracts and they left behind their best moment, in my way of seeing the needs they are, a complement from luka in the backcourt a guy with good perimeter defense who can drive a little and shoot, I know ... D.White / J.Richarson / G.Harris..Barton ?. A guy that complements Zinguis here I have more doubts with the player profile, maybe an A. Gordon Fisico who can change in defense and defend Lebrones .Or a Favors profile, good solid reboreto and works for the team, I would focus on that and how icing on the cake FA..Snell / Harkless / O'neal / Matthew / Crowder / Djones jr / Josh Jackson .Try to get off Powell and his horrible contract accompanied by 2 round + Delon Whight x Harris could it work ??? ..Maybe a Brunson + 2 round 20+ Justin Jackson im/or Marjanovic x White ??

Bienvenido amigo! Welcome to the board!
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#12 » by HairyGOATee » Wed May 13, 2020 11:14 am

Where are you getting that number from?
https://tradenba.com/trades/_26OjzRjt

Mavs have Lee's bird rights, so they COULD sign and trade him to make financials work out.

Mavs will also have the ~$9 million MLE, so they could include that amount in a trade like 60 days into the season.

But even so, I don't think the Mavs will have to give up those 5 players.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#13 » by HairyGOATee » Wed May 13, 2020 11:14 am

What do you all think of the fit of John Wall or Chris Paul with Luka?
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#14 » by HairyGOATee » Wed May 13, 2020 11:17 am

ejs78 wrote:Only issue is he's rarely that anymore. I see him enough living in Detroit the guy is done and that contact doesn't help.
HairyGOATee wrote:A healthy Blake is still an upgrade over the Maxi/Powell duo

He only played 18 games this year though. Last season he was way better. I don't think he's done at all. But he's not what he used to be, that's for sure.

But I do like the fit a little tbh. Although now I'm sort of liking the idea of Kevin Love some more.
Mike lorenzo
Analyst
And1: 726

Post#15 » by Mike lorenzo » Wed May 13, 2020 3:18 pm

HairyGOATee wrote:What do you all think of the fit of John Wall or Chris Paul with Luka?
As a player I have always been in love with Chris Paul, ... now he is one of the worst league contracts ... age and his best skills are not our greatest shortcomings
1+1=11
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,989

Post#16 » by HMFFL » Thu May 14, 2020 12:35 am

Chris Paul has been discussed here and has his own thread dedicated to him that I believe Pinky started.
Scroll to the past and you should find it I'd any of you want to read more opinions about it.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#17 » by HMFFL » Thu May 14, 2020 12:48 am

Chris Paul and Blake Griffin only have two years left. One year if they don't accept their player options.
They're the only two that appeal to me because their contract have the least amount of years left. Detroit would need to expect to not receive any value other than cap relief.

HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#18 » by HairyGOATee » Thu May 14, 2020 6:12 am

HMFFL wrote:Chris Paul and Blake Griffin only have two years left. One year if they don't accept their player options.
They're the only two that appeal to me because their contract have the least amount of years left. Detroit would need to expect to not receive any value other than cap relief.

That might be tricky though because the Pistons already got cap relief when they dumped Drummond.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,029

Post#19 » by daoneandonly » Thu May 14, 2020 11:49 am

I wouldnt touch any of these guys. Love, Wall, and Griffin are albatross contracts that will bring the team down, and CP3 just isnt needed when there are far bigger needs.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#20 » by HMFFL » Fri May 15, 2020 3:49 am

HairyGOATee wrote:
HMFFL wrote:Chris Paul and Blake Griffin only have two years left. One year if they don't accept their player options.

That might be tricky though because the Pistons already got cap relief when they dumped Drummond.

That's correct. $30-35m I believe.
The league has said they will decrease the cap space, so while Detroit will still among the most, I doubt teams are lining up to give up value for Blake Griffin's contract.

It will be interesting to see if they put up a fight to keep Christian Woods. Sekou Doumbouya is another young forward Detroit has that has shown plenty of potential.

Return to Dallas Mavericks