ImageImageImage

Should The Mavs Inquire About Blake Griffin, Kevin Love, John Wall, or Chris Paul?

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,989

Re: Should The Mavs Inquire About Blake Griffin, Kevin Love, John Wall, or Chris Paul? 

Post#21 » by HMFFL » Fri May 15, 2020 3:52 am

daoneandonly wrote:I wouldnt touch any of these guys. Love, Wall, and Griffin are albatross contracts that will bring the team down, and CP3 just isnt needed when there are far bigger needs.
I concur.
The focus needs to be the draft and free agency. We can consider pursing a big contract by trade if we fail at free agency with the cap space we have. Then again, we must know what the salary cap will be. The player the OP mentioned don't interest me.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man
And1: 424

Re: Should The Mavs Inquire About Blake Griffin, Kevin Love, John Wall, or Chris Paul? 

Post#22 » by HairyGOATee » Fri May 15, 2020 6:37 am

HMFFL wrote:
HairyGOATee wrote:
HMFFL wrote:Chris Paul and Blake Griffin only have two years left. One year if they don't accept their player options.
They're the only two that appeal to me because their contract have the least amount of years left. Detroit would need to expect to not receive any value other than cap relief.

That might be tricky though because the Pistons already got cap relief when they dumped Drummond.

That's correct. $30-35m I believe.
The league has said they will decrease the cap space, so while Detroit will still among the most, I doubt teams are lining up to give up value for Blake Griffin's contract.

It will be interesting to see if they put up a fight yo keep Christian Woods. Sekou Doumbouya is another young forward Detroit has that has shown plenty of potential.

Wood would be interesting, but not a huge need right now. Crowder or Mo Morris would be ideal fits I think. Harkless would be solid too I guess.
Darren
RealGM
And1: 823

Post#23 » by Darren » Sat May 23, 2020 2:41 pm

Devin Booker, please.

Hardaway, Wright/Kleber, #18, #31, Brunson, any available picks for Booker & Diallo.

The Mavs gets the young core fixed.

of course, Pheonix may get better offer for Booker.

C - KP / Powell / Boban
PF - DFS / Diallo
SF - Doncic / Broekhoff - min
SG - Booker / Reaves - min
PG - Curry / Augustin - 3M / Barea - min

The Mavs gets all kind of spacing to shoot with 3 good-to-great playmakers on floor.
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#24 » by arkuo » Sat May 23, 2020 6:39 pm

Darren wrote:Devin Booker, please.

Hardaway, Wright/Kleber, #18, #31, Brunson, any available picks for Booker & Diallo.

The Mavs gets the young core fixed.

of course, Pheonix may get better offer for Booker.

C - KP / Powell / Boban
PF - DFS / Diallo
SF - Doncic / Broekhoff - min
SG - Booker / Reaves - min
PG - Curry / Augustin - 3M / Barea - min

The Mavs gets all kind of spacing to shoot with 3 good-to-great playmakers on floor.

Devin Booker is not even on the trade block. What is this?
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,989

Post#25 » by HMFFL » Sun May 24, 2020 1:08 am

Phoenix looking to trade Devin Booker? I doubt it and that offer is them giving him to us.

arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#26 » by arkuo » Sun May 24, 2020 9:05 am

Instead of Devin Booker, another similar player who may be available is Buddy Heild. But Vlade doesn't like Cuban, and given how he got exposed further for drafting Bagley over Doncic hurts his pride a bit. But we'll see. Sacramento is in further debt after fans got refunds for season tickets and they didn't have insurance. So all that money is going to come out of their owner's pocket too. They may look to save a bit of money here and there to soften the financial blow.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man
And1: 424

Post#27 » by HairyGOATee » Fri May 29, 2020 8:06 am

arkuo wrote:Instead of Devin Booker, another similar player who may be available is Buddy Heild. But Vlade doesn't like Cuban, and given how he got exposed further for drafting Bagley over Doncic hurts his pride a bit. But we'll see. Sacramento is in further debt after fans got refunds for season tickets and they didn't have insurance. So all that money is going to come out of their owner's pocket too. They may look to save a bit of money here and there to soften the financial blow.

Hield + Bjelica to the Mavs. Trade opens up room for Bagley and Bogdan Bogdanovic to start and develop in Sacramento.

Mavs send 1st + 2nd, pick swaps (which likely won't happen), cash, and salary fillers to make the deal work. Prolly gotta trade away Jalen Brunson and Justin Jackson in the deal, but that's OK I guess.

Return to Dallas Mavericks