ImageImageImage

Welcome Ty Jerome!

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager
And1: 6,087

Re: Welcome Ty Jerome! 

Post#141 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Mon Feb 3, 2020 6:03 pm

The Jerome-Ayton P&R could be deadly as Ty learns to more and more aggressive from the outside. When Ty misses, he barely misses.

It's promise like this that we need to focus on the remainder of this season. I hope we close out strong, with improving play from Ty and the rest of our young guys, even after our playoff chances fall to 0.
nevetsov
Head Coach
And1: 1,709

Post#142 » by nevetsov » Fri May 15, 2020 12:07 pm

Given the range of backup PG options that will be available around #10, is it unrealistic to suggest that Jerome can be the backup SG next season?

Sure he's a natural passer, but he's also 6'5 with fundamental D and improving three point shooting. If he can lock in his catch and shoot game, and muscle up a bit on D, I think we could go the route of drafting a scoring PG at #10 and having Jerome play as a secondary playmaker.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,629

Post#143 » by lilfishi22 » Sun May 17, 2020 10:48 pm

nevetsov wrote:Given the range of backup PG options that will be available around #10, is it unrealistic to suggest that Jerome can be the backup SG next season?

Sure he's a natural passer, but he's also 6'5 with fundamental D and improving three point shooting. If he can lock in his catch and shoot game, and muscle up a bit on D, I think we could go the route of drafting a scoring PG at #10 and having Jerome play as a secondary playmaker.

Yeah I didn't see him as a primary playmaker but rather as a secondary facilitator and shooter. I think that role would suit him more appropriately than a primary playmaker because he just lacks the athleticism and strength to really handle defensive focus of that role.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,471

Post#144 » by Ghost of Kleine » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:35 am

Read on Twitter
?s=09

Any time now Ty! :lol: :lol: :banghead:
suns12345
Starter
And1: 1,612

Post#145 » by suns12345 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:32 pm

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=09

I haven't fully given up yet.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#146 » by Ghost of Kleine » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:54 pm

suns12345 wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=09

I'd personally like to see him in more of a JJ Reddick/ Joe Harris type of role. I think that'd play to his skillset much better. And could be give us much better results in that capacity.
cberry78
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,420

Post#147 » by cberry78 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:02 am

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
suns12345 wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=09

I'd personally like to see him in more of a JJ Reddick/ Joe Harris type of role. I think that'd play to his skillset much better. And could be give us much better results in that capacity.

Yeah, Ty is much more the undersized 2 off the bench than he is an unathletic 1 off the bench.
"Never argue with an idiot. You'll never convince the idiot that you're correct, and bystanders won't be able to tell who's who." - Mark Twain
Keith_myath
Pro Prospect
And1: 589

Post#148 » by Keith_myath » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:32 am

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=09

Don't know what any of this has got to do with him being a better baller.

No one has ever said a player would be a better shooter/passer/defender if their wingspan, hand size, or body fat was larger (or smaller for BF).
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#149 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:22 am

Keith_myath wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=09

No one has ever said a player would be a better shooter/passer/defender if their wingspan, hand size, or body fat was larger (or smaller for BF).

Agreed! :lol: I don't think the excess body fat would be beneficial in most circumstances, except maybe situationally in the post perhaps? However a longer wingspan, and bigger hand size could have distinct utility benefits for a players skillset/ impact. For instance, With a longer wingspan, it could allow that player to potentially be a more disruptive, a better defender in that they might get more deflections, blocks, steals? And the bigger hand size might prove beneficial in having better ball CV control in ball handling situations, better touch around the basket, and also in tipping or deflecting/ stealing the ball? Of course he'd need to improve his strength and athleticism in conjunction with those attributes in order to have further increased potential benefits. :dontknow:
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,448

Post#150 » by bwgood77 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:43 pm

Keith_myath wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=09

I figured that tweet was a joke. At least I hope it was.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#151 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:51 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Keith_myath wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=09

I believe it was, and of course true to form, I most likely read/ interpreted it wrong. But aside from that, I still have hope that Jerome can be better utilized as an off ball spot up shooter, auxiliary playmaker off ball. Kind of similar to a JJ Reddick/ Joe Harris?

Do you think we might be able to possibly squeeze more value from him in that type of role?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,448

Post#152 » by bwgood77 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:08 pm

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Keith_myath wrote:Don't know what any of this has got to do with him being a better baller.

I believe it was, and of course true to form, I most likely read/ interpreted it wrong. But aside from that, I still have hope that Jerome can be better utilized as an off ball spot up shooter, auxiliary playmaker off ball. Kind of similar to a JJ Reddick/ Joe Harris?

Do you think we might be able to possibly squeeze more value from him in that type of role?

Well, I think hoping he will become like those guys are a pretty tall order. They have both participated in the 3 point contest. I seriously doubt he can become a serious rotation piece or hit 3 pt %s on high volume as those guys, and those guys have improved their defense. Joe Harris, for example, improved from 65th in DRPM of all small forwards a season ago, but was 18th this past season. I don't expect much on the defensive end from Jerome, particularly at the SG position.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,391

Post#153 » by Revived » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:38 am

I think right now is the highest his trade value will ever be. He still maybe has the value of a late 1st rd pick which the Suns should leverage imo.

Even if it’s for a future protected 1st rd pick, Suns should dump him imo because he won’t even get an NBA contract after the rookie deal expires.
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,167

Post#154 » by bigfoot » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:01 pm

Revived wrote:I think right now is the highest his trade value will ever be. He still maybe has the value of a late 1st rd pick which the Suns should leverage imo.

Even if it’s for a future protected 1st rd pick, Suns should dump him imo because he won’t even get an NBA contract after the rookie deal expires.

It's a bummer he was injured at the beginning of the season and he has so few minutes to really get a good gauge of his worth.

I don't see getting rid of him yet as 1) he's on a relatively cheap contract that is not guaranteed after this year, 2) there is potential he becomes a decent backup combo guard, and 3) he's a position of need.

A player who is a future late 1st round pick would be just as much of a crapshoot as giving him chance in his second year.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,812

Post#155 » by Saberestar » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:13 am

bwoolf2
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,306

Post#156 » by bwoolf2 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:40 am

Saberestar wrote:

Sadly Jerome was the worst player in that video, his athleticism just isn't at an NBA level, hope he finds a way around it but I have achatd time seeing it
Golanator
Sixth Man
And1: 1,376

Post#157 » by Golanator » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:14 pm

See ya, Ty Jerome.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,663

Post#158 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:37 pm

Seems like a nice guy so I don't want to bury him but I have to admit every time he played there was a little voice in the back of my head that said 'i don't think he's an NBA athlete'.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,254

Post#159 » by Bogyo » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:36 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Seems like a nice guy so I don't want to bury him but I have to admit every time he played there was a little voice in the back of my head that said 'i don't think he's an NBA athlete'.

The voice in my head was screaming: 1st guard off the bench in Europe - and not in Barcelona or other elite team. He can still make more money doing that in the next 10 years than most of us throughout our career doing whatever. Good for him, seems like a smart and good guy overall. I just don't know how and why Jones drafted him... :( waste of a FRP, really
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,629

Post#160 » by lilfishi22 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:35 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Seems like a nice guy so I don't want to bury him but I have to admit every time he played there was a little voice in the back of my head that said 'i don't think he's an NBA athlete'.

Yeah I tried really hard to picture him in a role that would work for him in the NBA. But every time I think of something, I realise that there's already someone who could do basically 90% of what he's capable of and what they lack could be made up for with athleticism
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame

Return to Phoenix Suns