ImageImageImage

Trade Central 19-20 / cap info (pg.1)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Michaellam1987
Rookie
And1: 357

Re: Trade Central 19-20 / cap info (pg.1) 

Post#601 » by Michaellam1987 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:37 am

arkuo wrote:
NYG wrote:
arkuo wrote:

I'd personally add Otto Porter Jr to that list as someone who we could get realistically. On a down year, Bulls having new management, I can see him playing PF here.

I remember when we trade Josh Howard for Caron Butler and it worked wonders for our system. I have the same feeling with OPJ.

What would you give up for OPJ that matches salary?

Dwight Powell + Justin Jackson + Delon Wright

Who says no?

Why CHI will trade OPJ away for this package?
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#602 » by arkuo » Fri May 15, 2020 9:57 am

Any interest in Lamarcus Aldridge?

Powell + Wright + Jackson can probably get you a 34 year old Aldridge.

Here's why it's good. You rid yourself of Powell's contract. You add a PF/C who can work opposite KP with his midrange shooting. Sure he is 34 but also expires when you want it in 2021. So you can re-sign him to a smaller deal or clear 50M in capspace that summer alone. Win-win.
Mike lorenzo
Analyst
And1: 726

Post#603 » by Mike lorenzo » Fri May 15, 2020 1:54 pm

Friends I would like to know what you think about guys like Frank Nktilina, Mo Bamba, Josh Jackson or Ivica Zubac. I think they could be in the market "cheap". Somehow they fit the needs and timeline of Luka / Kristaps
1+1=11
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,814

Post#604 » by dirkforpres » Fri May 15, 2020 2:06 pm

Mike lorenzo wrote:Friends I would like to know what you think about guys like Frank Nktilina, Mo Bamba, Josh Jackson or Ivica Zubac. I think they could be in the market "cheap". Somehow they fit the needs and timeline of Luka / Kristaps

I’d love to have Bamba and/or Ntilikina.
FIRE JASON KIDD
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,031

Post#605 » by daoneandonly » Fri May 15, 2020 3:14 pm

arkuo wrote:Any interest in Lamarcus Aldridge?

Powell + Wright + Jackson can probably get you a 34 year old Aldridge.

Here's why it's good. You rid yourself of Powell's contract. You add a PF/C who can work opposite KP with his midrange shooting. Sure he is 34 but also expires when you want it in 2021. So you can re-sign him to a smaller deal or clear 50M in capspace that summer alone. Win-win.

I dont think stylistically he fits, plus no reason for SAS to do it. They have Murray, White, etc at point, so Wright doesnt do much for them, and no reason to take on Powell
Darren
RealGM
And1: 823

Post#606 » by Darren » Fri May 15, 2020 3:38 pm

dirkforpres wrote:
Mike lorenzo wrote:Friends I would like to know what you think about guys like Frank Nktilina, Mo Bamba, Josh Jackson or Ivica Zubac. I think they could be in the market "cheap". Somehow they fit the needs and timeline of Luka / Kristaps

Same here. I think Ntilikina's defense is spectacular. I'm sure Frank is interested in joining the Mavs as well. But is Frank a UFA or RFA? Bamba could be had as well. I think a Jalen-Bamba swap is possible with a DJ s-n-t for something like Jackson. The only downside is Bamba doesn't look too mobile to me. So is Maxi.

Just move Powell and Wright for cap relief. Maybe a Powell for AMmnu deal. Maybe Wright for Ntilikina straight up. The defense and 2nd unit offense is significantly better.

C - KP / Maxi / Boban
PF - DFS / Aminu / Bamba
SF - Doncic / #18 + #31 trade up Nesmith or Vessell
SG - Hardaway / Ntilikina
PG - Curry / DJ / Barea

With a reduced cap, I expect Hardaway to opt in.
Mike lorenzo
Analyst

Post#607 » by Mike lorenzo » Fri May 15, 2020 4:18 pm

what I love about these guys is their incredible potential, the reality is a bit poor. I can see in Bamba, well developed a little of Rudy Gobert and maybe in Frank a kind of Oladipo .... J. jackson a Paul George hahahaha I think I'm already delusional due to the effects of the quarantine ... friends once again I apologize for my bad English, a greeting from Spain . Be healthy
1+1=11
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,814

Post#608 » by dirkforpres » Fri May 15, 2020 4:33 pm

Darren wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:

Same here. I think Ntilikina's defense is spectacular. I'm sure Frank is interested in joining the Mavs as well. But is Frank a UFA or RFA? Bamba could be had as well. I think a Jalen-Bamba swap is possible with a DJ s-n-t for something like Jackson. The only downside is Bamba doesn't look too mobile to me. So is Maxi.

Just move Powell and Wright for cap relief. Maybe a Powell for AMmnu deal. Maybe Wright for Ntilikina straight up. The defense and 2nd unit offense is significantly better.

C - KP / Maxi / Boban
PF - DFS / Aminu / Bamba
SF - Doncic / #18 + #31 trade up Nesmith or Vessell
SG - Hardaway / Ntilikina
PG - Curry / DJ / Barea

With a reduced cap, I expect Hardaway to opt in.

I’d be curious to see if we could get Fournier from Orlando as well. Maybe DFS, Wright, #18 gets it done for both him and Mo Bamba
FIRE JASON KIDD
arkuo
General Manager

Post#609 » by arkuo » Fri May 15, 2020 7:40 pm

There's rumor that the cap might be lowered by as much as $30M due to revenue loss. The Player's Association won't allow a huge drop like that. So I'm assuming they meet halfway and settle for a slower annual decrease. That being said, there will be like 25 teams in the league who will be severely over the cap (with Golden State being light years ahead of everyone else; pun intended).

So given this situation, small market teams who rely heavily on revenue sharing will be at an even worse situation. Look for teams like Indiana and Memphis to unload players to save on $$$. Oh, add Houston to that list too given their owner is a cheapskate. Like S&T an expiring Courtney Lee for Robert Covington straight up. They get an expiring in Lee, we take Covington's contract completely off their books. There's your 3&D power forward.
LukstapsDzingic
Ballboy
And1: 21

Post#610 » by LukstapsDzingic » Fri May 15, 2020 7:57 pm

arkuo wrote:There's rumor that the cap might be lowered by as much as $30M due to revenue loss. The Player's Association won't allow a huge drop like that. So I'm assuming they meet halfway and settle for a slower annual decrease. That being said, there will be like 25 teams in the league who will be severely over the cap (with Golden State being light years ahead of everyone else; pun intended).

So given this situation, small market teams who rely heavily on revenue sharing will be at an even worse situation. Look for teams like Indiana and Memphis to unload players to save on $$$. Oh, add Houston to that list too given their owner is a cheapskate. Like S&T an expiring Courtney Lee for Robert Covington straight up. They get an expiring in Lee, we take Covington's contract completely off their books. There's your 3&D power forward.

Agreed, there could definitely be some trade possibilities. The cap space plan is dead if the $30M drop rumor is even close to true. We should be ready to take on salary instead. How they handle the luxury tax will also have a big impact on how desperate teams are to dump salary.
arkuo
General Manager

Post#611 » by arkuo » Mon May 18, 2020 8:52 am

Somehow if Ferttita is looking to slash spending, I cans see them trading Covington for a re-signed Courtney Lee (expiring) + whoever they ask us to pick at #18 and #31. I guess I'd be okay with that.

Any trade that would happen with teams looking to save does not need to include salary to be sent back. Otherwise it defeats the point of them trying to cut down spending.

C- Porzingis / Powell / Boban
PF- Covington / Kleber
SF- Finney Smith / Wright / Jackson
SG- Hardaway Jr / Curry
PG- Doncic / Brunson

Only downside in taking in salary without sending some back out means we effectively take ourselves out of the Giannis sweepstakes in 2021. Which I don't see happening anyway. Is it a risk, yes for sure. The team has to first see their realistic chances in landing a Giannis in 2021. If they don't see that, they need to make other moves than end up empty again.
Mike lorenzo
Analyst

Post#612 » by Mike lorenzo » Mon May 18, 2020 10:13 am

arkuo wrote:Somehow if Ferttita is looking to slash spending, I cans see them trading Covington for a re-signed Courtney Lee (expiring) + whoever they ask us to pick at #18 and #31. I guess I'd be okay with that.

Any trade that would happen with teams looking to save does not need to include salary to be sent back. Otherwise it defeats the point of them trying to cut down spending.

PF- Covington / Kleber
SG- Hardaway Jr / Curry
PG- Doncic / Brunson

Only downside in taking in salary without sending some back out means we effectively take ourselves out of the Giannis sweepstakes in 2021. Which I don't see happening anyway. Is it a risk, yes for sure. The team has to first see their realistic chances in landing a Giannis in 2021. If they don't see that, they need to make other moves than end up empty again.

That would be just perfect, but don't you think Houston needed some incentive plus something like Brunson or DFS who are on friendly contracts, plus the picks .... I still would.
1+1=11
DBoys
Starter
And1: 221

Post#613 » by DBoys » Mon May 18, 2020 10:54 pm

arkuo wrote:There's rumor that the cap might be lowered by as much as $30M due to revenue loss. The Player's Association won't allow a huge drop like that.

It doesn't work like that, where the PA has to give permission for a cap they like. The cap is just a number that is designed to pay the players the portion of league revenues they are due. Since the revenues have fallen off the cliff, with no route to a resurrection, the cap next year has to go down accordingly.

Where the PA does come into play would be if the league wanted to toss the whole CBA in the trash and start over. If they felt the need, this situation permits them to do that. And it's truly something under consideration. But then whatever they replaced it with, the PA has to agree. A simple reduction in the cap, however, can happen each year if the revenues go down, and doesn't need anyone's permission.
Michaellam1987
Rookie
And1: 357

Post#614 » by Michaellam1987 » Wed May 20, 2020 1:44 am

Mike lorenzo wrote:
arkuo wrote:Somehow if Ferttita is looking to slash spending, I cans see them trading Covington for a re-signed Courtney Lee (expiring) + whoever they ask us to pick at #18 and #31. I guess I'd be okay with that.

PF- Covington / Kleber
SG- Hardaway Jr / Curry
PG- Doncic / Brunson

That would be just perfect, but don't you think Houston needed some incentive plus something like Brunson or DFS who are on friendly contracts, plus the picks .... I still would.

This is just a bad offer for Covington, HOU won’t trade away Covington for that, if they do want to save money, there will be tons of interest around the league that can give a best offer
arkuo
General Manager

Post#615 » by arkuo » Wed May 20, 2020 9:24 am

Michaellam1987 wrote:
Mike lorenzo wrote:

PF- Covington / Kleber
SG- Hardaway Jr / Curry
PG- Doncic / Brunson

This is just a bad offer for Covington, HOU won’t trade away Covington for that, if they do want to save money, there will be tons of interest around the league that can give a best offer

You're placing real high standards for TIllman Fertita, my friend.

You never know how a team in debt can operate. Especially when most of his businesses are closed now and he took 90% of his fortune to buy the Rockets so he has nothing to fall back on.

In a league with teams looking to save money for covid-19, most of these owners have businesses that are affected. Heck even Disney and their theme parks are losing money everyday. And this is only me, but I think it's only the dot com billionaires like Cuban and the Warriors who can afford to spend now. You can add Steve Ballmer to that list but the Clippers don't have anyone to trade now that's expiring and they sure don't have any picks to send out until 2032.
Darren
RealGM

Post#616 » by Darren » Thu May 21, 2020 2:39 pm

Protected 2nd / Jackson to Pheonix for Cheick Diallo.
Darren
RealGM

Post#617 » by Darren » Thu May 21, 2020 2:49 pm

Powell, Wright, Jackson, #18, #31 to Pheonix for oubre, Diallo & okobo.
Brunson & 2023 Miami 2nd to ORLANDO for Mo Bamba.

C - KP / Kleber / Boban
PF - Doncic / Bamba / Diallo
SF - oubre / DFS / Broekhoff - min
SG - Hardaway / Reaves - min
PG - Curry / okobo / Barea - min

The Mavs goes all in for 2021 offseason while remaining young and athletic. It is even possible to move one of Kleber, Bamba or Diallo for cap space next offseason.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,989

Post#618 » by HMFFL » Fri May 22, 2020 7:20 am

arkuo wrote:
HMFFL wrote:5 trade targets that could push them into title contention

Myles Turner
Rudy Gobert
Gordon Hayward
CJ McCollum
Bradley Beal

https://thesmokingcuban.com/2020/04/26/dallas-mavericks-5-trade-targets-hiatus/amp/6/

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app

I'd personally add Otto Porter Jr to that list as someone who we could get realistically. On a down year, Bulls having new management, I can see him playing PF here.

I remember when we trade Josh Howard for Caron Butler and it worked wonders for our system. I have the same feeling with OPJ.
When we traded Josh Howard I was beyond happy. Caron Butler was a very nice addition.

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#619 » by HMFFL » Fri May 22, 2020 7:22 am

Teffer10 wrote:

Myles Turner
Rudy Gobert
Gordon Hayward
CJ McCollum
Bradley Beal

https://thesmokingcuban.com/2020/04/26/dallas-mavericks-5-trade-targets-hiatus/amp/6/

I'd love Beal or Turner but honestly don't think we have the trade assets to make either a reality.

Dallas has been involved in the Beal rumors all season. I expect us to try but Brooklyn who is interested does have more assets to acquire him.

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#620 » by HMFFL » Fri May 22, 2020 7:24 am

dirkforpres wrote:

Myles Turner
Rudy Gobert
Gordon Hayward
CJ McCollum
Bradley Beal

I think Turner and McCollum would be the best options because they didn’t have great seasons and likely wouldn’t cost as much as Beal or Gobert would. I’d stay far away from Hayward, personally

CJ McCollum does concern me because of his contract. I don't believe he provides us enough to turn the leafs making us a true championship contender.

2019-20: $27,556,959
2020-21: $29,354,152
2021-22: $30,864,198
2022-23: $33,333,333
2023-24: $35,802,469

Return to Dallas Mavericks