ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread V

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,991

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread V 

Post#1681 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun May 17, 2020 3:13 am

Nelly Riley was disappointing
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 17,836

Post#1682 » by SelbyCobra » Sun May 17, 2020 3:28 am

3toheadmelo wrote:Nelly Riley was disappointing

Nelly was not prepared. Luda is an old radio DJ, and it showed. He had EVERYTHING set up, much like Lil Jon did for TPain. Plus his catalogue was already better to start with. Nelly was a whole mood though. My man was ENJOYING himself, and that was cool.

Busta got proposed Snoop, Missy, and Fat Joe by Swizz. He didn't hesitate with saying he wanted all the smoke with each one. :lol: How anybody could ever dislike the man is beyond me. He has some of the best energy, without even touching his mega catalogue of music, of any artist in my lifetime.
SelbyCobra
General Manager

Post#1683 » by SelbyCobra » Sun May 17, 2020 3:31 am

Also, Usher then jumped in with Swizz and was proposed CB or JT, both of which he was good with (obviously).

Thought this tweet summed up any potential Usher battle well:

Read on Twitter
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,964

Post#1684 » by Manhattan Project » Sun May 17, 2020 4:04 am

SelbyCobra wrote:Also, Usher then jumped in with Swizz and was proposed CB or JT, both of which he was good with (obviously).

Read on Twitter

If you were going strictly solo songs, Usher would body Chris Brown. However once you start throwing in collabs, Chris Brown can more than make it an entertaining battle.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,991

Post#1685 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun May 17, 2020 1:55 pm

SelbyCobra wrote:

Nelly was not prepared. Luda is an old radio DJ, and it showed. He had EVERYTHING set up, much like Lil Jon did for TPain. Plus his catalogue was already better to start with. Nelly was a whole mood though. My man was ENJOYING himself, and that was cool.

Busta got proposed Snoop, Missy, and Fat Joe by Swizz. He didn't hesitate with saying he wanted all the smoke with each one. :lol: How anybody could ever dislike the man is beyond me. He has some of the best energy, without even touching his mega catalogue of music, of any artist in my lifetime.

My favorite part of last night was when Ludacris pulled out unreleased music. That song with Lil Wayne and Timbaland was pretty good. And then he pulled out Money Maker with Nelly on it :o :o that would’ve been nuts if that version came out

Busta vs Missy would be crazy but I think Missy said she doesn’t wanna do it :cry:
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Post#1686 » by WargamesX » Sun May 17, 2020 2:00 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
SelbyCobra wrote:

My favorite part of last night was when Ludacris pulled out unreleased music. That song with Lil Wayne and Timbaland was pretty good. And then he pulled out Money Maker with Nelly on it :o :o that would’ve been nuts if that version came out

Busta vs Missy would be crazy but I think Missy said she doesn’t wanna do it :cry:

I went to a Busta Rhymes concert in like 2010. He had 3 hours of hits. The whole concert was nonstop
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,865

Post#1687 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu May 21, 2020 5:33 pm

i know i'm late on this, but my lil bro just put me on. i love a rapper who can be lyrical and fun, but not trying too damn hard. kid feels like he's just dope and being himself.

RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
SelbyCobra
General Manager

Post#1688 » by SelbyCobra » Thu May 21, 2020 6:52 pm

Saturday Verzuz is paying homage to the father of their whole style - the sound clash. This should be FUN. Might have to switch from vodka to rum for it though!

SelbyCobra
General Manager

Post#1689 » by SelbyCobra » Sun May 24, 2020 4:27 am

SelbyCobra wrote:Saturday Verzuz is paying homage to the father of their whole style - the sound clash. This should be FUN. Might have to switch from vodka to rum for it though!

Yo, if you missed this one you REALLY missed out! Best one yet, for real. This was so epic and enjoyable. F*cking UNBELIEVABLE vibe and energy, and double that considering their backstory.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
SelbyCobra
General Manager

Post#1690 » by SelbyCobra » Sun May 24, 2020 4:29 am

Now onto 112 vs Jagged Edge on Monday night!
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1691 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sun May 24, 2020 7:29 pm

SelbyCobra wrote:
SelbyCobra wrote:Saturday Verzuz is paying homage to the father of their whole style - the sound clash. This should be FUN. Might have to switch from vodka to rum for it though!

Yo, if you missed this one you REALLY missed out! Best one yet, for real. This was so epic and enjoyable. F*cking UNBELIEVABLE vibe and energy, and double that considering their backstory.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

best one by far

RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
SelbyCobra
General Manager

Post#1692 » by SelbyCobra » Sun May 24, 2020 8:39 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
SelbyCobra wrote:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

best one by far

Nice. Here's the Verzuz synopsis.

Read on Twitter
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1693 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sun May 24, 2020 8:46 pm

SelbyCobra wrote:Nice. Here's the Verzuz synopsis.

Read on Twitter

so, so very good.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Barcs
Veteran
And1: 712

Post#1694 » by Barcs » Mon May 25, 2020 12:51 am

Extremely dope, blows all that soft ass main stream bs away. Real hip hop still exists!

SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:
WargamesX
General Manager

Post#1695 » by WargamesX » Mon May 25, 2020 8:10 am

Manhattan Project wrote:
SelbyCobra wrote:Also, Usher then jumped in with Swizz and was proposed CB or JT, both of which he was good with (obviously).

Read on Twitter

If you were going strictly solo songs, Usher would body Chris Brown. However once you start throwing in collabs, Chris Brown can more than make it an entertaining battle.

Look R.Kelly is the only guy who can give Usher comp and like the tweet said we aren’t touching that

I would like a JT vs.Robin Thicke battle though
SelbyCobra
General Manager

Post#1696 » by SelbyCobra » Tue May 26, 2020 2:36 am

SelbyCobra wrote:Now onto 112 vs Jagged Edge on Monday night!

Total dud, sound was horrendous and it was like nobody was paying attention to making sure it was good. The guys were certainly having fun though, which was the only bright spot.

Had a ton of potential though, which made it suck that much more when it was bad.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1697 » by Jeff Van Gully » Tue May 26, 2020 3:19 pm

WargamesX wrote:
Manhattan Project wrote:

Read on Twitter

Look R.Kelly is the only guy who can give Usher comp and like the tweet said we aren’t touching that

i think urshurr and JT is actually a good matchup.

robin thicke is not in any of these guys weight class. he doesn't have the discography.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1698 » by Jeff Van Gully » Tue May 26, 2020 3:20 pm

Barcs wrote:Extremely dope, blows all that soft ass main stream bs away. Real hip hop still exists!

this is pretty hard. thanks for sharing.

yeah, there's a lot of hardcore and lyrical stuff out there. it's funny how this internet era has really diminished the concept of underground. it's just, do you break through or not? everything is kind of coming through the same channels and structure.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
WargamesX
General Manager

Post#1699 » by WargamesX » Tue May 26, 2020 4:06 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
WargamesX wrote:
Manhattan Project wrote:

i think urshurr and JT is actually a good matchup.

robin thicke is not in any of these guys weight class. he doesn't have the discography.

Don’t sleep on Robin Thicke. He got hits and some guest songs. Plus there is a prior comp there. Pharrell and RT be. Timbo and JT. It’s what the masses deserve

Usher vs. JT also isn’t fair because of how long ushers catalog goes. It’s really is deep as hell, and even his new stuff bangs.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,097

Post#1700 » by Fat Kat » Tue May 26, 2020 10:42 pm

Lil’ Cease and Mopreme should sit down to do a Biggie vs. Pac.

That would shut sh*t down.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®

Return to New York Knicks