ImageImageImage

Sixers Lineups Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,471

Re: Sixers Lineups Thread 

Post#61 » by youngcrev » Tue May 12, 2020 12:10 pm

Kobblehead wrote:Brett had a chance to prove that he appreciates ball handlers when he ran the 2018 draft. And it just so happens that the three prospects he was linked to (Kevin Knox, Mikal Bridges, Zhaire Smith) were dribble zeroes.

I presume they still had belief in Fultz at the time, and saw a clearer path for an off ball player to have a greater impact. More fall out from that disaster.

If Markelle would have worked out, this lineup could have been fun:
Fultz | Bridges | Covington | Simmons | Embiid

A bit light offensively, but those 3 on the wing with Jo at the basket could have been tough
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,965

Post#62 » by ankle420breaker » Tue May 12, 2020 5:05 pm

Not losing sleep over Mikal. Averaging less than 1 trey per game at 35%. He's ok defensively and I suppose he'll improve despite already turning 24 later this summer, but he and Zhaire were both low ceiling picks for us when more deserving players were on the board.

Should've walked out of that draft with Shai, Shamet, and Shake, but we just had to get in our own way.

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
SparksFly87
Assistant Coach
And1: 395

Post#63 » by SparksFly87 » Fri May 15, 2020 5:36 pm

Who is a better fit with Embiid and Simmons between Josh Richardson and Tobias Harris? Defense , Pace and Space...
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,105

Post#64 » by Kobblehead » Fri May 15, 2020 5:50 pm

Richardson is the better fit, but he's not as good a piece as Robert Covington, for instance. Also, he has a movable contract so he'll be the one to go. We're pretty much stuck with Tobias Harris unless we find a desperate team that makes a rash decision.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,517

Post#65 » by 76ciology » Sun May 17, 2020 6:22 am

SparksFly87 wrote:Who is a better fit with Embiid and Simmons between Josh Richardson and Tobias Harris? Defense , Pace and Space...

Tobias. Iook at the on vs off NetRtg for that.

I like both guys but Josh Rich’s shooting is very inconsistent. But if he can develop it he can be a great fit for both Ben and Biid
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Post#66 » by 51X3RF4N » Sun May 17, 2020 1:03 pm

I'm not convinced Shake is a viable starter on a championship level team. As a bench piece that fits very well next to Matisse/Korkmaz, and fits well next to Embiid/Simmons as a sub for Richardson, I really like Shake.

Ideally, my lineup would consist of a bench that looks like:

C- Horford
PF- stretch 4
SF- Korkmaz
SG- Thybulle
PG- Shake

Mike Scott playing the way he did last season fills that role of stretch 4, but I'm thinking that spot needs an upgrade in the off-season. Maybe targeting a stretch 4 in the draft is a good idea? Low pressure, 10th man role, for a mid-late 1st round pick...

Starters being Embiid/Harris/Simmons...

But here is where I start to wonder, is Richardson the right fit? There aren't enough assets to start Richardson and find a suitable second starting wing, unless its in the draft. Matisse in my mind simply isn't ready to be a full time starter on a contender.

So is there a deal out there that sends Richardson out and brings in 2 guys who can absolutely light it up from outside?

Ideally you have Simmons, Embiid, Harris and 2 deep threat catch and shoot guys. One of those guys can hopefully do some ball handling/playmaking. I don't think Richardson is good enough as a catch and shoot guy, nor is he consistent enough as a shooter to truly fit well in a lineup that needs more spacing.

Sure, you could put Korkmaz or Thybulle in the starting lineup and trade Richardson for the 5th starter, but I would much rather have all 3 of Shake, Kork, and Thybulle coming off the bench together as a superbly strong, young depth who all fit together.

Do you try to showcase Zhaire a bit more and package him with Richardson to see what kind of return you can get?

Do you try to find talent through the draft that fits better?

I think if you are stuck with Horford and Harris, then opening up Richardson trade talks is the smartest move.
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
SparksFly87
Assistant Coach
And1: 395

Post#67 » by SparksFly87 » Sun May 31, 2020 9:09 pm

Trade Horford,Zhaire and picks for starting caliber shooter /playmaking and run it back next year.

I like Tobias ,Josh Richardson and Thybulle as high end pporting cast for Simmons and Embiid. Shake, Korkmaz also proven to be reliable shot makers. I think they are a impact shooter/playmaker a way.

I would invest a Mike Muscala or Dario as a 5/4 and Resign Pelle next year for big man depth.
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Post#68 » by 51X3RF4N » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:45 pm

51X3RF4N wrote:I love to discuss the lineup, roster construction, etc. But I don't see a thread specifically dedicated to that. Is it cool if we make on and pin it? Doesn't have to be my post, can be redone in a nicer looking post.

Here is an example of what I would think the Thread could consist:

Here is my current take on the Sixers lineup/roster. Next to each player name is the amount of years they are signed, and then their age at the start of the season.

Big- Joel(4)(25)/Kyle(1)(29)
Al(4)(33)/Jonah(3)(23)

Wing- Tobias(5)(27)/Mike(2)(31)
Matisse(4)(22)/James(2)(29)
Furkan(2)(22)

Guard- Josh(3)(26)/Zhaire(3)(20)
Shake(4)(22)/Trey(1)(24)
Ben(6)(23)/Raul(1)(27)

I really view the left column of players as the main rotation. Joel, Al, Tobias, Matisse, Furkan, Josh, Shake, Ben. I included Shake because his recent play makes me think he will see more minutes.

Barring any trades, I see this as the playoff rotation. The right side is players who need to step up and become a bigger part of the rotation, or be upgraded through trade/buyout market.

Its pretty clear to me the Sixers could use Ben as a "big" behind Joel and Al, so I don't really see a major need to go get another big man. The biggest weakness looks to be on the wings, with 2 young guys who aren't playoff tested, and Tobias who can't do it all himself. I think if Mike and James don't step up, this area definitely needs a veteran boost.

As the trade deadline comes and goes, I'd like to update this and discuss it more.
What a difference a few months and a new FO makes...

C- Embiid/Howard/Bradley
PF- Harris/Scott/Reed
SF- Green/Thybulle/Ferguson/Korkmaz
SG- Milton/Curry/Joe
PG- Simmons/Maxey

I see Maxey working his was into the starting lineup in time, as he proves himself. But not right away. I see Joe eventually being capable of a 7th man role as instant offense. I see Reed in a few years as an 8th man. Bradley is an interesting long term fit behind Embiid after Howard leaves. Thybulle learns from Danny Green and then takes over as a starter? The Milton vs. Curry debate for starting spot is interesting but I truly see Maxey taking the starting PG role eventually, and sliding Ben to SF, where he might be best suited anyhow. Green can be a SG in that lineup too.

This team has drastically changed, gotten better depth, better balance, way better shooting without sacrificing too much in the defense department. I expect a better record and a deeper playoff run.

Maybe still some work to do with the 11th-15th roster spots.

But the future to me now looks like:

C- Embiid/Bradley
PF- Harris/Reed
SF- Simmons/Thybulle
SG- Milton/Joe
PG- Maxey/Curry

Maxey, Milton, Curry and Simmons can all handle the ball a bit, so natural PG off the bench isn't really a concern for me.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#69 » by youngcrev » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:19 pm

I think Curry/Green/Simmons/Harris/Embiid is the lineup, with Shake V Curry as the only real challenge for a starting spot (unless Green looks cooked, then Thybulle has a shot).

Maxey is a wildcard, but obviously that would take him being really impressive immediately
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#70 » by LloydFree » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:24 pm

Starters:
PG - Simmons
SG - Curry
SF - D Geeen
PF - T Harris
C - Embiid

Bench:
PG - Shake
SG - Furkan Korkmaz
SF - Thybulle
PF - Scott
C - D Howard

3rd string:
PG- Maxey
SG - Isaiah Joe
SF - T Ferguson
PF- Paul Reed
C - Tony Bradley

2-way - Dakota Mathias
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,795

Post#71 » by Negrodamus » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:33 pm

Mike Scott better try to literally fight the Durants and Butlers of the East during games because otherwise I don't see any real point in having him.
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,965

Post#72 » by ankle420breaker » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:41 pm

We desparately need to upgrade the backup 4. Mike Scott wouldn't be in the league right now if it weren't for Elton. He shouldn't be in the rotation if we're serious about trying to compete.

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
Olabikkel
Freshman
And1: 15

Post#73 » by Olabikkel » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:59 pm

Hopefully reed can develop in our pf.
And maybe Scott can be better than last year.

Trade for bjelica?
I really rate brandon Clarke high, but i dont think we could acquire him.

If we get a starter pg, and we get rid of harris, Simmons could also be our pf.
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#74 » by youngcrev » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:24 pm

Olabikkel wrote:Hopefully reed can develop in our pf.

Trade for bjelica?

I think they view Reed as a small ball, switchable center rather than a PF. I think Ersan would be a good pickup for the minimum. Successful history with Ben/Jo, can play the 4 in Embiid lineups or some stretch 5 in Ben lineups.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,718

Post#75 » by the_process » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:26 pm

Negrodamus wrote:Mike Scott better try to literally fight the Durants and Butlers of the East during games because otherwise I don't see any real point in having him.

Yep, time for Laimbeer'ing it up. 5 ejections or bust :lol:

Honestly they still might dump Scott and pick up a vet min replacement.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#76 » by LloydFree » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:50 pm

youngcrev wrote:
Olabikkel wrote:Hopefully reed can develop in our pf.

Trade for bjelica?

I think they view Reed as a small ball, switchable center rather than a PF. I think Ersan would be a good pickup for the minimum. Successful history with Ben/Jo, can play the 4 in Embiid lineups or some stretch 5 in Ben lineups.

I think they see him that way in the short term. I don't think they look at him like that as a long term project. He's a PF. They'll play him as a Small ball Center, like the Raptors did with Siakam his first year. They'll transition him to PF as he catches up to speed on offense.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,859

Post#77 » by Stanford » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:56 pm

I haven't Kobble so high on someone since Lonnie Walker the fourth
sixerswillrule
RealGM
And1: 3,593

Post#78 » by sixerswillrule » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:00 pm

Ben should be the backup 4.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,517

Post#79 » by 76ciology » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:15 am

Biggest change I see us making with Doc.

1.) Way more pick and roll on offense than before
Doc runs a lot of PnR whether CP3 or Kawhi
Tobi run almost 50% more PnRs with the Clips than Sixers
Seth and Milton shows promise in running PnR
Even Maxey has a lot of upside running PnR

2.) Rim protection and crashing ORebs
The return of Biid’s elite rim protection?
Bradley, Reed and D12 are good shot blockers
Bradley and D12 are good in ORebs
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,119

Post#80 » by eyeatoma » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:29 am

76ciology wrote:Biggest change I see us making with Doc.

1.) Way more pick and roll on offense than before
Doc runs a lot of PnR whether CP3 or Kawhi
Tobi run almost 50% more PnRs with the Clips than Sixers
Seth and Milton shows promise in running PnR
Even Maxey has a lot of upside running PnR

2.) Rim protection and crashing ORebs
The return of Biid’s elite rim protection?
Bradley, Reed and D12 are good shot blockers
Bradley and D12 are good in ORebs
We'll probably see more pick and roll but just remember that Ben is still here. Going to be hard to run it with him in the lineup I'd imagine.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Return to Philadelphia 76ers