ImageImageImage

Around the League - 2019-2020

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,422

Re: Around the League - 2019-2020 

Post#1961 » by 76ciology » Sat May 16, 2020 6:22 am

If kobe retired in 2013 averaging 27ppg, wouldnt that be a lot better for his legacy? Than suffering 2013-2016 seasons and looking like a player who should have called it quits?
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,081

Post#1962 » by Kobblehead » Sat May 16, 2020 2:48 pm

76ciology wrote:If kobe retired in 2013 averaging 27ppg, wouldnt that be a lot better for his legacy? Than suffering 2013-2016 seasons and looking like a player who should have called it quits?

I don't think Kobe's legacy was capable of being hurt, at that point. Post-prime runs never hurt a player's legacy.

And him dropping 60 in his retirement game was a huge statement that enhanced his legend even further.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1963 » by 76ciology » Sun May 17, 2020 5:46 pm

I think if the league came into a halt. And we were trending towards a disaster...

I think Warriors would go hard for Ben or Biid and maybe Al. Like trade Wiggins, Draymond and their first overall for a package of CJ, Dame and Nurkic to the Sixers.

Because they really need some star talent at the wings. But I guess worst case of settling with wiggins aint bad when it’s going to be Curry, Klay, Draymond who’s going to dictate the offense
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#1964 » by Kobblehead » Mon May 18, 2020 4:02 pm

I think the Warriors are in for a rude awakening when they realize that nobody wants Andrew Wiggins. They should have kept Dlo as the trade chip people actually would want packaged with #1.

Their Harrison Barnes nostalgia got the better of them, on that one.
GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,476

Post#1965 » by GoSixersBro » Mon May 18, 2020 4:21 pm

Kobblehead wrote:I think the Warriors are in for a rude awakening when they realize that nobody wants Andrew Wiggins. They should have kept Dlo as the trade chip people actually would want packaged with #1.

Their Harrison Barnes nostalgia got the better of them, on that one.

I shudder at how excited I was 6 years ago right around now dreaming of Wiggins in red, white, and blue.
Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016
UptownPhilly
Analyst
And1: 183

Post#1966 » by UptownPhilly » Wed May 20, 2020 5:46 pm

With all of the focus on MJ & the Last Dance, here's some interesting takes on MJ and Shaq amongst others, from a Sixers legend:

ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,183

Post#1967 » by ProcessDoctor » Thu May 21, 2020 5:40 pm

Amazing shoutout to a certain somone in this finale.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Batum/Oubre/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1968 » by 76ciology » Thu May 28, 2020 6:23 pm

Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#1969 » by Kobblehead » Thu May 28, 2020 6:59 pm

The number is probably going to go up, post-Achilles. He wasn't much of a slasher to begin with, now he'll really have trouble getting to the rim on the ball.
GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,476

Post#1970 » by GoSixersBro » Fri May 29, 2020 7:24 pm

Just got a notification that the league hopes to resume the season on July 31.
Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1971 » by 76ciology » Mon Jun 8, 2020 12:09 pm

Surprised by this marcus smart highlight
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,746

Post#1972 » by Negrodamus » Tue Jun 9, 2020 3:16 pm

I think the T'Wolves could make the jump if they are smart in the next season or two. A potential lineup of D'Angelo, Okogie, Culver, Vanderbilt, and Towns would be lethal if used correctly. I know Vanderbilt has been shelved for the early part of his career, but I can't stress it enough that he was the best rebounder I've seen in college basketball in the past 20 years. If he's healthy and has a passable shot, he and Towns make a formidable front court.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1973 » by 76ciology » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:46 am

Negrodamus wrote:I think the T'Wolves could make the jump if they are smart in the next season or two. A potential lineup of D'Angelo, Okogie, Culver, Vanderbilt, and Towns would be lethal if used correctly. I know Vanderbilt has been shelved for the early part of his career, but I can't stress it enough that he was the best rebounder I've seen in college basketball in the past 20 years. If he's healthy and has a passable shot, he and Towns make a formidable front court.

Jump, like making it to the playoffs? High likely
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,446

Post#1974 » by youngcrev » Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:28 pm

Negrodamus wrote:I think the T'Wolves could make the jump if they are smart in the next season or two. A potential lineup of D'Angelo, Okogie, Culver, Vanderbilt, and Towns would be lethal if used correctly. I know Vanderbilt has been shelved for the early part of his career, but I can't stress it enough that he was the best rebounder I've seen in college basketball in the past 20 years. If he's healthy and has a passable shot, he and Towns make a formidable front court.

This would be an interesting landing spot for D'Antoni. I'm not sure I buy Russell as a high end primary perimeter option, but Towns is certainly an elite scorer. And they all share the same defensive philosophy (the reason I don't really buy into the potential of that team).
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#1975 » by Negrodamus » Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:43 pm

youngcrev wrote:

This would be an interesting landing spot for D'Antoni. I'm not sure I buy Russell as a high end primary perimeter option, but Towns is certainly an elite scorer. And they all share the same defensive philosophy (the reason I don't really buy into the potential of that team).

I think Towns has underperformed as a defensive player. The talent is certainly there and has been on display before, especially at UK. The situation in Minnesota has been less than stable for his tenure and I think a commitment to the defensive end with guys like Culver, Okogie, and Vanderbilt, along with more focus on him as a leader, will help him commit on that end of the court.

I do agree that a D'Antoni hire would be interesting. The lineup I suggest has 4, possibly 5 if you count Towns, capable fast break ball handlers with relatively high IQs and good to great athleticism. Shooting might be a question though.

If Okogie can become an 18ppg scorer, they are going to take off. And this is all before the draft. Someone like LaMelo Ball instead of Culver could make them absurdly good offensively.
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#1976 » by youngcrev » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:39 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
youngcrev wrote:

I think Towns has underperformed as a defensive player. The talent is certainly there and has been on display before, especially at UK. The situation in Minnesota has been less than stable for his tenure and I think a commitment to the defensive end with guys like Culver, Okogie, and Vanderbilt, along with more focus on him as a leader, will help him commit on that end of the court.

I do agree that a D'Antoni hire would be interesting. The lineup I suggest has 4, possibly 5 if you count Towns, capable fast break ball handlers with relatively high IQs and good to great athleticism. Shooting might be a question though.

If Okogie can become an 18ppg scorer, they are going to take off. And this is all before the draft. Someone like LaMelo Ball instead of Culver could make them absurdly good offensively.

I'd be pretty shocked if all 3 of those guys pan out and that becomes their long-term starting lineup. 18 ppg also seems like a pretty huge leap for Okogie to make (particularly on a playoff team).
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#1977 » by Negrodamus » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:13 pm

youngcrev wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
youngcrev wrote:

I'd be pretty shocked if all 3 of those guys pan out and that becomes their long-term starting lineup. 18 ppg also seems like a pretty huge leap for Okogie to make (particularly on a playoff team).

I don't think it requires all three to pan out. And it would actually be 4 potential young guys panning out since they have the third pick. Vanderbilt needs to play the Rodman role, and based on how he's been in the G-League and in college, I find it very likely that he will pull off being an elite rebounder.

It really comes down to Okogie, Culver, and third pick to be that third scorer here, to me.
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#1978 » by youngcrev » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:41 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
youngcrev wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:

I don't think it requires all three to pan out. And it would actually be 4 potential young guys panning out since they have the third pick. Vanderbilt needs to play the Rodman role, and based on how he's been in the G-League and in college, I find it very likely that he will pull off being an elite rebounder.

It really comes down to Okogie, Culver, and third pick to be that third scorer here, to me.

Those guys seem somewhat inconsequential to me (role player upside), but I don't know enough about them to argue one way or the other. I think they probably need to find a high end 2nd best player with Russell being the 3rd guy for them to make some noise. Not advocating a trade because they'd have nothing I want, but Simmons would be perfect there.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1979 » by 76ciology » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:00 pm

Read on Twitter
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#1980 » by youngcrev » Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:58 pm

76ciology wrote:
Read on Twitter

I heard but hadn't seen the pic. Damn. Watch him be worse now because he's less of a load in the post, haha.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers