ESPN's 'The Last Dance' -- ongoing discussion

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 32,812

Re: ESPN's 'The Last Dance' -- ongoing discussion 

Post#1121 » by Reeko » Tue May 19, 2020 4:01 am

Sgt Major wrote:
Tracymcgoaty wrote:Review of the last dance: I liked that we got to know about the security guard Gus.
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Woz was the real MVP of the whole documentary.

:lol:
Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.
Slim Charlez
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,448

Post#1122 » by Slim Charlez » Tue May 19, 2020 4:38 am

LoveMyRaps wrote:
Read on Twitter
/photo/1

ESPN is a joke...

Why didn't they poll who has the shinier head? Or who looked better with an earring? Better at gambling? Stronger cigar game?

Can't expect any less from the worldwide leader in sports.
Alonzo_Morning
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,624

Post#1123 » by Alonzo_Morning » Tue May 19, 2020 7:39 am

MJ really had it in for Scott Burrell didnt he
unicron5
Sixth Man
And1: 46

Post#1124 » by unicron5 » Tue May 19, 2020 8:56 am

Alonzo_Morning wrote:MJ really had it in for Scott Burrell didnt he

Jordan was harsh on players that had natural talent but didn't work hard to fulfil that talent.
Air Apparent
Rookie
And1: 1,239

Post#1125 » by Air Apparent » Tue May 19, 2020 9:10 am

prolific passer wrote:
Air Apparent wrote:rodman was never a "superstar" wth lol

is ben wallace a superstar too? because lebron added him as well :lol:

Ummm how was Rodman and Ben Wallace not superstars?

they were all-stars and have hof careers, but a SUPERSTAR is someone who is the face of the franchise and go-to guy and basically, the guy that will carry an entire team and city, what the heck is all y'all definitions of superstars man, what is going on in this forum, did this documentary just create some glitch in the universe lmao, do we really wanna try to act like jordan was playing with superstars just because lebron has had wade bosh love kyrie and anthony davis, all of which literally were the face of their franchises at some point or another

im genuinely confused why people think rodman is a superstar :lol:, he wasn't even the 3rd best player on the bad boy pistons, isiah ,joe dumars and lambier were all guys ahead of him

it's like, andre iguodala and kevin durant, they are are not in the same category, one is an all-star (and he might be a hof'er too probably) one is a superstar

one can single-handedly change an entire franchise from his presence alone, the other is an additional piece to either more all-stars or a single superstar
basketball is a team sport
OfficialRef
Sixth Man
And1: 2,387

Post#1126 » by OfficialRef » Tue May 19, 2020 4:26 pm

Man the Bulls were stacked. Superteam no doubt.

Jordan
Pippen = Curry
Kukoc= Klay
Rodman = Green
Harper= iggy

Kerr = Livingston
Longley

So much talent
lazybatman
Sixth Man
And1: 876

Post#1127 » by lazybatman » Tue May 19, 2020 4:30 pm

Slim Charlez wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:
Read on Twitter
/photo/1

ESPN is a joke...

Why didn't they poll who has the shinier head? Or who looked better with an earring? Better at gambling? Stronger cigar game?

Can't expect any less from the worldwide leader in sports.
Lol.. Exactly!

Or whose the tallest person in the world, or who should be president?

Mike was selling shoes to the Republicans, while Lebron calls their president a 'bum' and was publicly endorsing Crooked Hillary.

Sent from my SM-G960W using RealGM mobile app
Benedict_Boozer
RealGM
And1: 5,694

Post#1128 » by Benedict_Boozer » Tue May 19, 2020 4:52 pm

Best part about this whole documentary was when Jordan started crying talking about his love for the game and how he approached competing. You can tell its genuine, that's what made him so great - that drive and desire to win at all costs. It also made him an ****, but it makes you want to go out and ball just watching it.
bakafool
RealGM
And1: 4,651

Post#1129 » by bakafool » Tue May 19, 2020 6:13 pm

The new NBA Jordan Bulls mix is pretty fkn sweet.

Noooo!!! Not Possible! Not Possible! - Comcast commentator after the shot by Mo Peterson.
EAS Law
Analyst
And1: 3,456

Post#1130 » by EAS Law » Tue May 19, 2020 6:24 pm

I finished the series last night.

I was entertained, but I thought that the whole point of the documentary was to delve into the last season. The series was really just a historical storytelling of the bulls generally with a few clips here and there from behind the scenes. I feel like pretty much nothing about the last season was actually covered.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,392

Post#1131 » by Profound23 » Tue May 19, 2020 6:51 pm

Mind_Odyssey wrote:Is it fair or unfair to say Scottie needing to get paid is what ended the Bulls dynasty?

I think if you keep him, MJ, and Rodman’s corpse, you win in 99’

I would say listening to Reinsdorf and Phil, the blame would go in this order:

Reinsdorf
Krause
Phil

Reinsdorf admitted he wasn't willing to pay for the team to come back which is foolish considering how much they made out of each championship, ticket sales, and all other revenue. He said he wanted MJ/Phil back but wanted to re-tool to save money. Well, he should have known Phil and MJ weren't going to play with a bunch of newcomers. He stated "it may have taken 2-3 years, but we would have gotten back there." Well, in 2-3 years MJ would have been a shell of himself (see his Wizard days). A shell of MJ is still better than most players, but not good enough to win titles.

Krause was against keeping Phil, making Phil and Scottie feel unwanted. He let it be known from day 1 of the new season that he was going to rebuild everything just because he could. (I am certain Reinsdorf being cheap also pushed him to this decision).

Phil because Reinsdorf said he tried to keep Phil, but Phil said that was it. He was tired of dealing with Krause and saw that certain players were either up there in age or just didn't want to be there anymore.

After that it's a combo of MJ and Scottie but can you really blame them at that point? Your owner doesn't want to pay you or the team, your GM basically said he can do it alone, and the one coach you want to play for is leaving.
Suprasc1
Senior
And1: 271

Post#1132 » by Suprasc1 » Tue May 19, 2020 8:37 pm

Profound23 wrote:
Mind_Odyssey wrote:Is it fair or unfair to say Scottie needing to get paid is what ended the Bulls dynasty?

I think if you keep him, MJ, and Rodman’s corpse, you win in 99’

I would say listening to Reinsdorf and Phil, the blame would go in this order:

Reinsdorf
Krause
Phil

Reinsdorf admitted he wasn't willing to pay for the team to come back which is foolish considering how much they made out of each championship, ticket sales, and all other revenue. He said he wanted MJ/Phil back but wanted to re-tool to save money. Well, he should have known Phil and MJ weren't going to play with a bunch of newcomers. He stated "it may have taken 2-3 years, but we would have gotten back there." Well, in 2-3 years MJ would have been a shell of himself (see his Wizard days). A shell of MJ is still better than most players, but not good enough to win titles.

Krause was against keeping Phil, making Phil and Scottie feel unwanted. He let it be known from day 1 of the new season that he was going to rebuild everything just because he could. (I am certain Reinsdorf being cheap also pushed him to this decision).

Phil because Reinsdorf said he tried to keep Phil, but Phil said that was it. He was tired of dealing with Krause and saw that certain players were either up there in age or just didn't want to be there anymore.

After that it's a combo of MJ and Scottie but can you really blame them at that point? Your owner doesn't want to pay you or the team, your GM basically said he can do it alone, and the one coach you want to play for is leaving.

Imagine having Gilbert as your owner lol then Mike Brown as your coach for mostly your youth prime, then they bring old shaq as the best free agent signing that team could do. Don't forget about delonte west, boobie gibson, old big z, varajeo as your main core lmao. I think MJ had it pretty good with management, hof teammates that wouldn't break apart and favorable finals opponents.
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,191

Post#1133 » by Catchall » Tue May 19, 2020 10:25 pm

So a guy in Utah claims he delivered the pizza to Michael Jordan at a Marriott Hotel in Park City. He says he made the pizza, didn't think there was anything wrong with it, and he delivered it with only one other guy, thereby contradicting Tim Grover's version of the story.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
chrismikayla
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,907

Post#1134 » by chrismikayla » Wed May 20, 2020 12:20 am

Jordan was the best ever and a great competitor. He was also a bully and vindictive. Why are people denying that he can be both? Horace Grant is correct in that it is not a true documentary if he has control of the narrative. Also, why kick Jerry Krause when he is not here to defend himself? Why bring up what happened with Pippen in 94 when he wasn't on the team? One thing we know about Mike; he will use any platform to settle scores and get back at people.
[gfycat][/gfycat]
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,643

Post#1135 » by LoveMyRaps » Wed May 20, 2020 12:29 am

Read on Twitter

Horace ain't lying one bit.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
TheGOATRises007
RealGM
And1: 18,312

Post#1136 » by TheGOATRises007 » Wed May 20, 2020 1:05 am

OfficialRef wrote:Man the Bulls were stacked. Superteam no doubt.

Jordan
Pippen = Curry
Kukoc= Klay
Rodman = Green
Harper= iggy

Kerr = Livingston
Longley

So much talent

:lol: :lol:

Pippen does not EQUAL Curry.

And Kukoc definitely doesn't equal Klay.
lazybatman
Sixth Man

Post#1137 » by lazybatman » Wed May 20, 2020 4:09 am

Eddy_JukeZ wrote:

Jordan
Pippen = Curry
Kukoc= Klay
Rodman = Green
Harper= iggy

Kerr = Livingston
Longley

So much talent

Mike>>>>>>>>>KD
Pippen & Rodman > Curry and Klay
Kukoc=Draymond
Phil >>>>>>>>>Kerr
tihsad
Junior
And1: 158

Post#1138 » by tihsad » Wed May 20, 2020 4:15 am

The Rodzilla wrote:

he has all the ingredients of a superstar, he banged the Madonna, he is in the movies, he is in the hall of fame, he grabs all the rebounds etc

Having gently followed this thread, thank you for this Borat-esque cherry on top of your multiple posts. I won't basely call you a troll, your name is far, far too exceptional a selection for such slander. I've never had a sig, but I'm making an exception with this.
The Rodzilla wrote:He has all the ingredients of a superstar, he banged the Madonna, he is in the movies, he is in the hall of fame, he grabs all the rebounds etc
TheGOATRises007
RealGM
And1: 18,312

Post#1139 » by TheGOATRises007 » Wed May 20, 2020 4:22 am

lazybatman wrote:
Eddy_JukeZ wrote:

Jordan
Pippen = Curry
Kukoc= Klay
Rodman = Green
Harper= iggy

Kerr = Livingston
Longley

So much talent

Mike>>>>>>>>>KD
Pippen & Rodman > Curry and Klay
Kukoc=Draymond
Phil >>>>>>>>>Kerr

Kukoc = Draymond

See now I know you're either trolling or flat out clueless.
lazybatman
Sixth Man

Post#1140 » by lazybatman » Wed May 20, 2020 4:26 am

tihsad wrote:
The Rodzilla wrote:

he has all the ingredients of a superstar, he banged the Madonna, he is in the movies, he is in the hall of fame, he grabs all the rebounds etc

Having gently followed this thread, thank you for this Borat-esque cherry on top of your multiple posts. I won't basely call you a troll, your name is far, far too exceptional a selection for such slander. I've never had a sig, but I'm making an exception with this.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to The General Board