ImageImageImageImage

Markelle Fultz Updates Thread

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

didak
Pro Prospect
And1: 198

Re: Markelle Fultz Updates Thread 

Post#941 » by didak » Thu May 21, 2020 3:07 am

drsd wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:imagine him.... when his usage rate goes up! This kid will be special!

Fultz shot 41.3% at Washington in the college three-ball. If he can get to 35% in the NBA on 4+ attempts per game, that would be a big help for this team.

Those Kelle-Isaac combos are killer.

I think he's exceeded most people's expectations given what he has been through. Can only go up from here :)
R I P - Kobe Bryant
J-Mezzy
RealGM
And1: 3,214

Post#942 » by J-Mezzy » Fri May 22, 2020 7:31 pm

This guy is a very good point guard. If only we could find a scorer to build around with JI and Fultz. But i don't see us landing anyone, Wizards look like they can get much better packages for Beals from other teams.
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#943 » by MagicFan101 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:26 pm

A 10+ minute career (including college) Markelle Fultz highlight real video just hit my Facebook feed.

Wow. Is it sad that few things in life get me as excited these days as this video has? ... never mind, I don’t care. I’m just happy!
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,499

Post#944 » by thelead » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:50 pm

J-Mezzy wrote:This guy is a very good point guard. If only we could find a scorer to build around with JI and Fultz. But i don't see us landing anyone, Wizards look like they can get much better packages for Beals from other teams.

A Fultz/TMac (in his prime)/JI frontcourt would be deadly
J-Mezzy
RealGM
And1: 3,214

Post#945 » by J-Mezzy » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:13 pm

thelead wrote:
J-Mezzy wrote:This guy is a very good point guard. If only we could find a scorer to build around with JI and Fultz. But i don't see us landing anyone, Wizards look like they can get much better packages for Beals from other teams.

I was thinking about that. When we had TMac we had an all time offensive talent but no support. Now we have a bunch of good support guys but no stud.

TMac on this team would have been sooo nice
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,499

Post#946 » by thelead » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:13 am

J-Mezzy wrote:
thelead wrote:

I was thinking about that. When we had TMac we had an all time offensive talent but no support. Now we have a bunch of good support guys but no stud.

TMac on this team would have been sooo nice

Let's just go get Durant :lol:
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,590

Post#947 » by Skybox » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:23 pm

So, I keep thinking who is a "gettable" 20+ ppg scorer who isn't necessarily a great defender or anything other than a pure scorer (given our roster) to put right next to Markelle and max his skillset...I come up with Zach Lavine, Derozan, maybe even Wiggins and, in a perfect world, Beal or CJ. I don't see any reason Fultz can't play at an all-star level next year and beyond. He's so good cutting through traffic. I'd love to see him just try to score every time as an experiment. I know he's not a knockdown shooter, but the same could be said about a lot of "scorers" and if someone else drew defenders away, Fultz would basically ignore guys in his way to the hoop.
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,141

Post#948 » by zaymon » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:00 am

Skybox wrote:So, I keep thinking who is a "gettable" 20+ ppg scorer who isn't necessarily a great defender or anything other than a pure scorer (given our roster) to put right next to Markelle and max his skillset...I come up with Zach Lavine, Derozan, maybe even Wiggins and, in a perfect world, Beal or CJ. I don't see any reason Fultz can't play at an all-star level next year and beyond. He's so good cutting through traffic. I'd love to see him just try to score every time as an experiment. I know he's not a knockdown shooter, but the same could be said about a lot of "scorers" and if someone else drew defenders away, Fultz would basically ignore guys in his way to the hoop.

Beal and Derozan are kind of similar to Fultz, subpar shooters, best in midrange, who are good with the ball attacking the basket. To me best compliment is a big guard, lethal shooter from 3, capable to attack the rim after close out. Fournier could be better in this role than anyone you mentioned. Knock on Evan is his average athletecism, but he is the best defender of the bunch funny enough.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#949 » by j-ragg » Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:00 pm

zaymon wrote:
Skybox wrote:So, I keep thinking who is a "gettable" 20+ ppg scorer who isn't necessarily a great defender or anything other than a pure scorer (given our roster) to put right next to Markelle and max his skillset...I come up with Zach Lavine, Derozan, maybe even Wiggins and, in a perfect world, Beal or CJ. I don't see any reason Fultz can't play at an all-star level next year and beyond. He's so good cutting through traffic. I'd love to see him just try to score every time as an experiment. I know he's not a knockdown shooter, but the same could be said about a lot of "scorers" and if someone else drew defenders away, Fultz would basically ignore guys in his way to the hoop.

Beal and Derozan are kind of similar to Fultz, subpar shooters, best in midrange, who are good with the ball attacking the basket

:o

Beal is more similar to Steph than Fultz lol. Maybe meant Wiggins?
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
MagicFan101
RealGM

Post#950 » by MagicFan101 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:04 pm

.append(“Buddy Hield”)
j-ragg
RealGM

Post#951 » by j-ragg » Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:48 pm

Those are good names. Just for a thought exercise though, if you had to choose someone on a rookie deal who doesn't have that role yet but could grow into it, what kinda names would you throw out there?

I've been vocal about it on the trade board for a while but I think Anfernee Simons would be perfect back court mate for Fultz. Being an Orlando kid, him making the jump to a CJ level player would be great to witness.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,590

Post#952 » by Skybox » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:58 pm

Would love to give Simons a shot but he's far from a sure thing. Definitely could be a big payoff if we could get him for a reasonable price. Would be a great pairing and a great story (as you said). I love both
MagicFan101
RealGM

Post#953 » by MagicFan101 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:23 pm

j-ragg wrote:

Those are good names. Just for a thought exercise though, if you had to choose someone on a rookie deal who doesn't have that role yet but could grow into it, what kinda names would you throw out there?

I've been vocal about it on the trade board for a while but I think Anfernee Simons would be perfect back court mate for Fultz. Being an Orlando kid, him making the jump to a CJ level player would be great to witness.

If we want to keep collecting 2017 Draft prospects (Fultz + Isaac) then perhaps SG Malik Monk is a target?

He has one year remaining on his rookie deal at just over $5M and in 3 season has managed only 1 career start in Charlotte. It appears he isn’t destined to be in their long term plans.

He is surely “gettable” and satisfies the request for being a rookie deal prospect. But do we believe he can mature into starting caliber scoring guard and the ideal running mate to Fultz? We have the luxury of having his former coach here to give us insights

For the record I’m not a Monk fan ... just trying to play the game and offer a name.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,366

Post#954 » by Bensational » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:45 pm

j-ragg wrote:

Simons is great, I think he will have a bright future. May not be star level, but he looks like he could be Ross but with the handles to get his own step backs at will.

MPJ is one of the younger players who just seems like a born scorer. It's doubtful Denver let him go, unless it's for a short term upgrade that puts them over edge for contention.

I'm still big on NAW. JJ Redick has been mentoring him and has high praise for his work ethic and attitude. The kid had a rough season, but he'll come through in the end.
MagicFan101
RealGM

Post#955 » by MagicFan101 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:11 pm

Bensational wrote:
j-ragg wrote:

Simons is great, I think he will have a bright future. May not be star level, but he looks like he could be Ross but with the handles to get his own step backs at will.

MPJ is one of the younger players who just seems like a born scorer. It's doubtful Denver let him go, unless it's for a short term upgrade that puts them over edge for contention.

I'm still big on NAW. JJ Redick has been mentoring him and has high praise for his work ethic and attitude. The kid had a rough season, but he'll come through in the end.

No chance in hell Denver gives up MPJ. He is under their control on a rookie scale for 2 more years.

I agree with you guys on Simons. You would struggle to find a Simons trade offer I would say no to unless it involved Isaac or Fultz.

- Would they be interested in AG to pair with Dame and CJ? Give us Simons and another contract?

- Would you guys give up our 2020 FRP for Simons?

Edit:
Simons + Ariza + Hood for AG works salary wise. Hood and Simons give us some solid offense. Ariza gives us one season of vet defense and probably a good mentor for Isaac who would likely need to slide to PF.
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,179

Post#956 » by cedric76 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:17 am

I would do :
Simons + Ariza + Hood for AG

Ariza + Hood r both exporting and would give us depth at sf and mentoring for chuma

Fultz, mcw, Simons
Evan, ross, Simons, Hood, wes
Ariza, Hood, chuma
Ji, aminu, Ennis, chuma
Vuc, mo, birch

Very deep team

And if Evan optout we r still in good shape
Grayson or Monk? Bring the cheapest

unleash Jett next seaon
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,333

Post#957 » by PrimeThyme » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:32 pm

j-ragg wrote:I've been vocal about it on the trade board for a while but I think Anfernee Simons would be perfect back court mate for Fultz. Being an Orlando kid, him making the jump to a CJ level player would be great to witness.

I actually like his fit with us quite a bit too, but the only issue is Portland is extremely high on him. Probably rightfully so with his skillset and potential in today's NBA. Most of their fans from what I've seen would move on from CJ before they traded Simons.

So you would more than likely be including Isaac in any trade scenario which isn't something I'd personally be ready to entertain.
The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 2,053

Post#958 » by The Effect » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:22 pm

j-ragg wrote:Those are good names. Just for a thought exercise though, if you had to choose someone on a rookie deal who doesn't have that role yet but could grow into it, what kinda names would you throw out there?

he'd be a nice pick up if the blazers are willing to trade him
Another guy Id love to see us go after is Lonnie Walker
I know pops is one of the best at getting his players to overperform, and so its a little disheartening to see Walker struggling to get any PT, but that team is stacked in the backcourt with Derozen\Murray\white\forbes\mills\Belinelli, kinda hard for a young guy like walker to break out.

Hes shown flashes of being a very good offensive player who can develop into a go to scorer in time, the perfect low risk\high reward type guy to go after

Also, i dont know if the bucks would give him up, but i love DiVincenzos game. Im not sure hes a go-to #1 scorer type, but he can put up baskets, and i just love his attitude\confidence. Hes a guy who is going to find a way to win!
j-ragg
RealGM

Post#959 » by j-ragg » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:17 pm

The Effect wrote:
j-ragg wrote:Those are good names. Just for a thought exercise though, if you had to choose someone on a rookie deal who doesn't have that role yet but could grow into it, what kinda names would you throw out there?

he'd be a nice pick up if the blazers are willing to trade him
Another guy Id love to see us go after is Lonnie Walker
I know pops is one of the best at getting his players to overperform, and so its a little disheartening to see Walker struggling to get any PT, but that team is stacked in the backcourt with Derozen\Murray\white\forbes\mills\Belinelli, kinda hard for a young guy like walker to break out.

Hes shown flashes of being a very good offensive player who can develop into a go to scorer in time, the perfect low risk\high reward type guy to go after

Also, i dont know if the bucks would give him up, but i love DiVincenzos game. Im not sure hes a go-to #1 scorer type, but he can put up baskets, and i just love his attitude\confidence. Hes a guy who is going to find a way to win!

That’s another couple good names to throw out there. Guys that have decent value around that league but not so much you’d have to trade any top assets for em. Even a lower ceiling guy like Josh Hart could fit well on this team.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,971

Post#960 » by KillMonger » Fri Aug 7, 2020 3:27 pm

;feature=emb_logo

Return to Orlando Magic