ImageImage

ATL - Season Resumes page 87

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

German Athens
Bench Warmer
And1: 987

Re: ATL - Amick - League to lose $900 million in TV money if no playoffs pg. 69 

Post#1521 » by German Athens » Thu May 21, 2020 4:08 pm

ElPeregrino wrote:
jschligs wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:Who the hell put ESPN's best Mavs lineup together?

G: Derek Harper
G: Jason Terry
G: Rolando Blackman
F: Mark Aguirre
F: Dirk Nowitzki

Jason Terry over 2x all-star (which was too few) Michael Finley? And if he's included because he got a ring and Finley didn't, then why isn't Kidd (4x all-star with Dallas - split beginning/end of career) on the list ahead of Harper?

They outright state this in their 'toughest cuts', but they cut the wrong two guys.

ETA: They also included Draymond Green over Rick Barry and Chris Mullin on the Warriors. Lord. Maybe I'm missing what they're going for - they clearly aren't looking for the best players.

Idk but did you see that Bucks line up? Would terrorize the league.

Oscar
Sidney
Ray
Giannis
Kareem

:o

Is this with a three point line because that team can't shoot a lick. Probably need Cassell and Redd/Middleton to replace Oscar and Sid.

Yeah, but I think most teams assembled by best overall player at each position would struggle with spacing unless they pulled a majority of their players from the last 20 or so years. That lakers team is loaded, but the only decent outside shooters would be Kobe and lebron. In the modern era that golden state team would still probably reign supreme.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 10,833

Post#1522 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Thu May 21, 2020 4:08 pm

DingleJerry wrote:Long story short on KD. If a massively dominant team gets built around you where you already were, you're a god and one of the best players ever. If you leave and join a team making it overwhelmingly dominant, then you're a POS and not very good. Can rip KD all you want but this is in the end our own/medias fault. Him and LBJ can't win, everyone sits here and obsesses on Ringzzz. Rip on these guys if the don't get ringzzz. So they do what they had to do to win them and then they get ripped on for that too. It's a hater's world. No doubt in my mind if Krause doesn't find Pippen and Bulls kept getting swept in the first round like they were before that MJ would've found a way out and to a better team that could win. But if MJ stays and never wins because his management sucks I guess he's not best player ever. If he leaves and say goes to San Antonio or Houston to pair with Robinson/Hakeem and wins 4-6 titles, I'm sure all here would be then saying he sucks right? Mind you, his ability to play the game has not changed in any of these scenarios.

Somehow one's basketball abilities are altered based on who their teammates are. It's like how Jim Kelly was a better QB if Norwood made that FG to beat the Giants.

I also think people make it way to personal. Like KD wanting to go to San Fran makes him a flawed human being that deserves anger. I used to think this way, but my god, if I was in a field where I was making a ton of money, had a rotation in OKC for 5 years, and had a chance to make more money in a place like San Fran there is no way I'm staying in OKC for loyalty to a team I was drafted to. Especially when NBA teams have shown no loyalty to players.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,090

Post#1523 » by DingleJerry » Thu May 21, 2020 4:15 pm

And keep in mind GSW had that cap space open if he didn't take it. So, GSW was slightly better than them as is. He'd have been locking into the same okc team capped out. GSW would've had that FA slot to sign someone else too. I can't recall who it would've been. There's a chance it just ends up being Barnes and GSW is essentially the same team and OKC can beat tehm. But there's a chance GSW separates from them with that cap space and next think you know he's locked into a OKC team until he's in his early 30s and they can't win. Essentially, by him going there it also prevented someone else from doing it.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,862

Post#1524 » by jschligs » Thu May 21, 2020 4:35 pm

DingleJerry wrote:And keep in mind GSW had that cap space open if he didn't take it. So, GSW was slightly better than them as is. He'd have been locking into the same okc team capped out. GSW would've had that FA slot to sign someone else too. I can't recall who it would've been. There's a chance it just ends up being Barnes and GSW is essentially the same team and OKC can beat tehm. But there's a chance GSW separates from them with that cap space and next think you know he's locked into a OKC team until he's in his early 30s and they can't win. Essentially, by him going there it also prevented someone else from doing it.

There were a few players that didn't sign 5 year extensions. Drummond, Hordford (who I thought they'd go for) and a couple others down the list in terms of FAs. GSW would've still been insanely good.
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,672

Post#1525 » by jimmybones » Thu May 21, 2020 8:58 pm

jschligs wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:Who the hell put ESPN's best Mavs lineup together?

G: Derek Harper
G: Jason Terry
G: Rolando Blackman
F: Mark Aguirre
F: Dirk Nowitzki

Jason Terry over 2x all-star (which was too few) Michael Finley? And if he's included because he got a ring and Finley didn't, then why isn't Kidd (4x all-star with Dallas - split beginning/end of career) on the list ahead of Harper?

They outright state this in their 'toughest cuts', but they cut the wrong two guys.

ETA: They also included Draymond Green over Rick Barry and Chris Mullin on the Warriors. Lord. Maybe I'm missing what they're going for - they clearly aren't looking for the best players.

Idk but did you see that Bucks line up? Would terrorize the league.

Oscar
Sidney
Ray
Giannis
Kareem

:o

Oscar, Giannis and Kareem is an insane big 3. Ray would snipe. I was born in 84 so I was a little young to see the 80s glory days teams. Do you guys agree with Sid as the other guy? Could an argument be made for Marques or Pressey?

If we expand it to 12 you'd have some fun options to add some serious scoring off the bench with Cassell, Redd, Midds, Big Dog. If we expand it to a 9 or 10 man rotation what would your roster be?
DingleJerry
RealGM

Post#1526 » by DingleJerry » Thu May 21, 2020 9:13 pm

Or adding to that convo. LEt's say they move Kareem to LA, where he probably should be but they wanted to simplify things with Shaq. What do you do then? Sikma, Bogut as a 5. I assume Malone would be on another team and not for us. Or move Giannis to 5 and add in Marques, Big Dog, or Ersan?
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,672

Post#1527 » by jimmybones » Thu May 21, 2020 9:49 pm

Love me some Ersan but there's no way he's ahead of Marques or Big Dog on the depth chart.
wallus
Rookie
And1: 1,188

Post#1528 » by wallus » Thu May 21, 2020 10:36 pm

Oscar
Ray
Big Dog
Giannis
Kareem

The other dudes can come off the bench. (Yes, I am way too big of a BD fan)
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,657

Post#1529 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu May 21, 2020 11:28 pm

wallus wrote:Oscar
Ray
Big Dog
Giannis
Kareem

The other dudes can come off the bench. (Yes, I am way too big of a BD fan)
Hand up. I'm with you in being way more of a Big Dog fan than I probably should be.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,011

Post#1530 » by MVP2110 » Fri May 22, 2020 12:38 am

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,441

Post#1531 » by blazza18 » Fri May 22, 2020 12:47 am

Can't wait for the NBAonPBS coming July 15.

<3 you Chuck!
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
DingleJerry
RealGM

Post#1532 » by DingleJerry » Fri May 22, 2020 12:55 am

jimmybones wrote:Love me some Ersan but there's no way he's ahead of Marques or Big Dog on the depth chart.

haha it was a joke.... or was it...
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 10,833

Post#1533 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Fri May 22, 2020 2:47 am

"Bucks co-owner Marc Lasry was a little vaguer but told Jabari Parker at CNBC the NBA could resume games in 6-to-8 weeks."
https://sports.yahoo.com/possible-nba-return-timeline-training-212433819.html
Well, that was probably an awkward convo. (They even link to Jabari's player page)
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,913

Post#1534 » by MickeyDavis » Fri May 22, 2020 2:33 pm

Read on Twitter
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Re: ATL - RIP Jerry Sloan - Page 77 

Post#1535 » by WRau1 » Fri May 22, 2020 2:51 pm

Damn :(
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,492

Post#1536 » by JayMKE » Fri May 22, 2020 3:12 pm

RIP coach

I knew he was quite ill for some time, Bucks wanted to hire him instead of Larry Drew. Imagine that!
FREE GIANNIS
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1537 » by Ruzious » Fri May 22, 2020 3:31 pm

He was sort of the precursor to Pop - from that same mold. Tough as nails. Hopefully he's seeing it's ok to smile now.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
DingleJerry
RealGM

Post#1538 » by DingleJerry » Fri May 22, 2020 3:45 pm

In what shows how kind of useless the coach of the year award is, Jerry Sloan never won coach of the year.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#1539 » by Chuck Diesel » Fri May 22, 2020 4:32 pm

RIP Jerry Sloan. Legend. As a young boy I was afraid of him. Johnny Mac used to tell the same Sloan story every time the Bucks played the Jazz about how Jerry used to throw elbows his way. Wish I could hear it one more time.
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#1540 » by Bucksfan28 » Fri May 22, 2020 6:31 pm

Dion Waiters wrote:I’d rather go 0 for 30 than 0 for 9 because you go 0 for 9 that means you stopped shooting. That means you lost confidence.

I didn't think I could be a bigger Dion Waiters fan, then I saw this quote. Legend.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks