ImageImageImageImageImage

NBA is Officially Back (Official Thread)

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

nabbs
RealGM
And1: 19,365

NBA is Officially Back (Official Thread) 

Post#1 » by nabbs » Thu May 21, 2020 3:02 am

I don’t know why there aren’t updates on here because we are gradually getting more and more embers pointing towards a come back.

All tweets and discussions can be posted in this thread so there is unified, centralized feed of news discuss.

We are literally a week and a half away from teams being able to start training camps in their practice facilities... feels like this should be a bigger deal than it is

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29200984/nba-teams-expecting-guidelines-june-1-players-return

NBA teams are expecting the league office will issue guidelines around June 1 that will allow franchises to start recalling players who've left their markets as a first step toward a formal ramp-up for the season's resumption, sources told ESPN.

Teams expect a similar timeline from the league on when they'll be allowed to expand individual workouts already underway with in-market players to include more team personnel, sources said.

The NBA suspended the 2019-20 season on March 11 because of the coronavirus pandemic. The league is discussing a step-by-step plan for a resumption of the season that includes an initial two-week recall of players into team marketplaces for a period of quarantine, one to two weeks of individual workouts at team facilities, and a two- to three-week formal training camp, sources told ESPN.

Barring an unforeseen turn of events, many NBA owners, executives and National Basketball Players Association elders believe commissioner Adam Silver will green-light the return to play in June -- with games expected to resume sometime before the end of July, sources said.

The NBA is still considering a two-site format for the return of the season, including Orlando's Walt Disney World and Las Vegas, sources said.

The NBA and NBPA are meeting to discuss the structure of a return, including how the league will navigate the possibility of regular-season games, play-in tournaments, playoff formats and whether the full 30 teams will be brought back to finish the season, sources said.

Many players have stayed in market or returned for individual workouts with teams. Against the league's recommendations, some players -- including Dallas Mavericks star Luka Doncic -- returned to Europe and elsewhere abroad during the league's hiatus.

Silver indicated that the North American sports commissioners had indicated to the Trump administration and governors that they could need their assistance in helping players return to the country, and fully expected to receive it, sources said.

Read on Twitter
?s=21

2018 My Top Guys (no particular order): Doncic, JJJ, Zhaire Smith, Miles Bridges, Knox, Wendell, Bamba, Ayton, Sexton, Brown, Huerter, Okogie, Svi,
nabbs
RealGM

Re: Official NBA Season Return Thread 

Post#2 » by nabbs » Thu May 21, 2020 3:06 am

To me the below is key:

The NBA suspended the 2019-20 season on March 11 because of the coronavirus pandemic. The league is discussing a step-by-step plan for a resumption of the season that includes an initial two-week recall of players into team marketplaces for a period of quarantine, one to two weeks of individual workouts at team facilities, and a two- to three-week formal training camp, sources told ESPN.

If that’s the rough process and you expect games to tip of mid-late July then you’re gonna have to start getting players back to their respect home team markets by the second week of June at the latest. That gives you about a month to accomplish that + individual works out. Another 2-3 weeks of training camp which takes you to the middle of July and then the following week is the start of games. This next week is going to be chalk full of news

2018 My Top Guys (no particular order): Doncic, JJJ, Zhaire Smith, Miles Bridges, Knox, Wendell, Bamba, Ayton, Sexton, Brown, Huerter, Okogie, Svi,
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,819

Post#3 » by LoveMyRaps » Thu May 21, 2020 3:44 am

Let's also use this thread to post pictures/videos of our guys preparing for season's return.

Terence Davis:

Read on Twitter
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
nabbs
RealGM

Post#4 » by nabbs » Thu May 21, 2020 2:01 pm

I’m very confused by Dudley’s comments. I always assumed that the NBa would design a bubble for activities so players can get away from things while also sticking to distancing rules.... if they are literally allowed outside of the bubble to do whatever then that’s problematic imo

nabbs
RealGM

Post#5 » by nabbs » Thu May 21, 2020 3:14 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:Let's also use this thread to post pictures/videos of our guys preparing for season's return.

Terence Davis:

Read on Twitter

I’m with you. Hype is building up.

WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,310

Post#6 » by WuTang_OG » Thu May 21, 2020 3:25 pm

ORlando is the smart move
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 21,884

Post#7 » by ItsDanger » Thu May 21, 2020 4:56 pm

Mid July resumption date sounds kind of late to me. Thats almost 2 months from now.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
nabbs
RealGM

Post#8 » by nabbs » Thu May 21, 2020 5:09 pm

ItsDanger wrote:Mid July resumption date sounds kind of late to me. Thats almost 2 months from now.

Like I said earlier in this post:

To me the below is key:

If that’s the rough process and you expect games to tip of mid-late July then you’re gonna have to start getting players back to their respect home team markets by the second week of June at the latest. That gives you about a month to accomplish that + individual works out. Another 2-3 weeks of training camp which takes you to the middle of July and then the following week is the start of games. This next week is going to be chalk full of news

IF anything, it basically puts them on the clock to start finalizing things by next week if they want to meet that deadline along with the milestones listed above. Between now and June 1st, we should pretty much have our answer

Vinsanity89
Sophomore
And1: 150

Post#9 » by Vinsanity89 » Thu May 21, 2020 6:11 pm

Wonder if they go 20 teams or all 30.

Just want sports back so bad haha
nabbs
RealGM

Post#10 » by nabbs » Thu May 21, 2020 7:45 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Raptormonium
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,597

Re: Official NBA Season Return Thread (UPDATE: NBA Playoffs July 25th) 

Post#11 » by Raptormonium » Thu May 21, 2020 8:05 pm

Mods should sticky this thread.
nabbs
RealGM

Post#12 » by nabbs » Thu May 21, 2020 8:07 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Yeezus_
RealGM
And1: 13,739

Post#13 » by Yeezus_ » Thu May 21, 2020 8:14 pm

so it's going to be training camp, a few regular season games, then the playoffs? July 25th seems early for the playoffs.
Yeezy SZN approaching
nabbs
RealGM

Post#14 » by nabbs » Thu May 21, 2020 8:15 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

nabbs
RealGM

Post#15 » by nabbs » Thu May 21, 2020 8:22 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21

LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,819

Post#16 » by LoveMyRaps » Thu May 21, 2020 8:22 pm

nabbs wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Perfect. I predicted the season would resume & be cut short to 70 games when it got suspended. Looks like that'll be the case.
WHICH IS GREAT NEWS. Because the Raptors will be able to hang on to that 2nd seed & have HCA over the Celtics in the second round. We're currently up 3 games on the Celtics.

EDIT: LOOOL I FORGOT THERE IS NO HOME COURT :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
Danny1616
General Manager
And1: 12,725

Post#17 » by Danny1616 » Thu May 21, 2020 8:23 pm

I mean to me it's simple.

I would have a training camp, 1-2 exhibition games, and 5 regular season games. This will allow teams in the playoff hunt to try to make the playoffs and allow some teams to fight for a better seed.

Now in the East it's a pretty huge gap between 8th and 9th place, but the 3-6 are clawing for seeding.

In the West, Portland, Pelicans, Spurs and Sac are fighting for the 8th seed and there is a close seeding between 5-7.

5 games should be enough to keep it fair.

Then just go into the playoffs.
RealGM
And1: 66,480

Post#18 » by 720 » Thu May 21, 2020 8:24 pm

We’re winning back to back championships.
alan_156
Senior
And1: 755

Post#19 » by alan_156 » Thu May 21, 2020 8:27 pm

nabbs wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

I told you guys that I had a source that told me the exact same thing yesterday, but that thread got blocked.

I understand the skepticism but maybe you guys should be open that there are some ppl on here that may have a friend or two that are well connected :D
nabbs
RealGM

Post#20 » by nabbs » Thu May 21, 2020 8:29 pm

From Marc Lasry on CNBC:

- Board or governors call next Friday (I think they move it up)

- expects games to start in 6-8 weeks

- mention 1 or 2 sites but for 2 sites, he said western conference will play in Vegas and Eastern conference will play in Orlando

Return to Toronto Raptors