ImageImageImageImageImage

Nets Going Forward: Planning for Next Season

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,559

Re: Nets Going Forward: Planning for Next Season 

Post#621 » by DarkXaero » Thu May 21, 2020 9:39 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:https://clutchpoints.com/nets-rumors-brooklyn-eyeing-trade-bradley-beal-form-big-3-with-kevin-durant-kyrie-irving/

Bondy is saying that the Nets are internally discussing a trade for Bradley Beal.

I don't know how a trade for Beal will work if the salary cap contracts significantly this offseason
Obviously we've discussed such things internally, I don't think that's any news, its the front office doing their due diligence in exploring options. It doesn't mean that its the route they're going to take necessarily. Its not the salary that's much of an issue with Beal, its the fact that Wizards have leverage since Beal has two years left, and he has publicly made statements about wanting to stay/having his own team.
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#622 » by kamaze » Thu May 21, 2020 10:25 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:https://clutchpoints.com/nets-rumors-brooklyn-eyeing-trade-bradley-beal-form-big-3-with-kevin-durant-kyrie-irving/

Bondy is saying that the Nets are internally discussing a trade for Bradley Beal.

I don't know how a trade for Beal will work if the salary cap contracts significantly this offseason

Beal makes way too much money for a third star.

I'm not really sure he works with KD and Kyrie or would be willing to take on a Chris Bosh like role.

Would probably cost us most of our depth too.

I would rather we use our assets to make a move for a stretch 4.

Agreed all these players that need the ball and they still would be weak at power forward.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#623 » by Paradise » Thu May 21, 2020 11:58 pm

Well, I’m back. It feels like the off season lol. I hope everyone is healthy and has survived the madness thus far.

Nothing surprising here on the Beal rumors. Regardless of how feasible it may seem, Marks is always a step ahead so I’m sure he’s already at the point of knowing what picks and pieces he’s willing to move and probably already internally looking at 3rd team scenarios.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,202

Post#624 » by Papi_swav » Fri May 22, 2020 4:28 am

kamaze wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

I'm not really sure he works with KD and Kyrie or would be willing to take on a Chris Bosh like role.

Agreed all these players that need the ball and they still would be weak at power forward.

*small forward
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#625 » by GTR11 » Fri May 22, 2020 9:14 am

Paradise wrote:Well, I’m back. It feels like the off season lol. I hope everyone is healthy and has survived the madness thus far.

Nothing surprising here on the Beal rumors. Regardless of how feasible it may seem, Marks is always a step ahead so I’m sure he’s already at the point of knowing what picks and pieces he’s willing to move and probably already internally looking at 3rd team scenarios.

Yup I'm coming back too. Hope everyone is ok.

I'm not buying any of this crap. You need to have HC first and than try to see how it goes. The revenue that been lost definitely will make it's affect but hey headlines is what clowns like Bondy care about.
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#626 » by kamaze » Sat May 23, 2020 12:01 am

Papi_swav wrote:
kamaze wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

*small forward

I think the team would be wise to get a player that can do the dirty work. Durant being able to play both positions is a bonus the warriors ran a small lineup with Draymond at center. It's more physical in the east KD is not built to bang he's slight of frame. They need a player like Harry Giles or Taj Gibson.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#627 » by NyCeEvO » Sat May 23, 2020 12:46 am

GTR11 wrote:
Paradise wrote:Well, I’m back. It feels like the off season lol. I hope everyone is healthy and has survived the madness thus far.

I'm not buying any of this crap. You need to have HC first and than try to see how it goes. The revenue that been lost definitely will make it's affect but hey headlines is what clowns like Bondy care about.

Today's league is player first, especially when you have a superstar and an allstar who's capable of putting up superstar performances on any given night. Teams cater to guys who have that kind of draw.

There's no coach who won't come to Brooklyn because they are potentially making a decision to trade for another star before they hire a coach. Or maybe I should say any coach who thinks like that isn't going to be allowed to coach the Nets.

If the franchise thought the coach was most important, Kenny would still be here. While the players won't make the calls to fire or hire any coach, you better believe that their approval is necessary for the next hire.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#628 » by GTR11 » Sat May 23, 2020 1:06 am

NyCeEvO wrote:
GTR11 wrote:

Today's league is player first, especially when you have a superstar and an allstar who's capable of putting up superstar performances on any given night. Teams cater to guys who have that kind of draw.

There's no coach who won't come to Brooklyn because they are potentially making a decision to trade for another star before they hire a coach. Or maybe I should say any coach who thinks like that isn't going to be allowed to coach the Nets.

If the franchise thought the coach was most important, Kenny would still be here. While the players won't make the calls to fire or hire any coach, you better believe that their approval is necessary for the next hire.

This approach is very dangerous one, have we learned anything from D.Will era? I think it's Sean Marks driven team and Tsai made it clear during this past season. I trust Sean, he proved me wrong enough for me to say " you're the man " and lay back. Did Lakers hire LBJ's guy?
Kenny just wasn't ready for this stage yet. I'm not sure how long it'll take him to get to that level. Wish him nothing but best. PS ... I don't think players got Kenny fired, I think it's Sean who made that call. Tsai just went to players to seek another opinion just in case. Was it wrong? I think yes.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#629 » by GTR11 » Sat May 23, 2020 1:13 am

As I thought, Bondy just exaggerated to create headlines and get clicks. Can't believe that clown got credibility or insider who feeds him with any info. I believe @Apooch knows more about Nets than Bondy ever dreamed.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,597

Post#630 » by TheNetsFan » Sat May 23, 2020 3:34 am

GTR11 wrote:As I thought, Bondy just exaggerated to create headlines and get clicks. Can't believe that clown got credibility or insider who feeds him with any info. I believe @Apooch knows more about Nets than Bondy ever dreamed.

"Discussed Internally" is the lamest thing I have ever heard. I'm sure the Nets have had internal discussions on half the league & the entire draft class. That being said, you have to figure there will be veterans lined up to chase a ring should we need replenish depth after a big trade. That makes even a slight overpay for a star more palatable.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,202

Post#631 » by Papi_swav » Sat May 23, 2020 4:24 am

kamaze wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:
kamaze wrote:

*small forward

I think the team would be wise to get a player that can do the dirty work. Durant being able to play both positions is a bonus the warriors ran a small lineup with Draymond at center. It's more physical in the east KD is not built to bang he's slight of frame. They need a player like Harry Giles or Taj Gibson.

I agree that we need a player that will do the dirty work, but we need that player on the wing not at the 4. The back to the basket post up, tough, rebounding 4s are almost extinct nowadays, it's alot more stretch 4s now. KD is a mismatch offensively and defensively at the 4. Who is going to guard Tatum, Ben Simmons, Tobias, Butler, Kawhi, PG13, Middleton, Harden, Beal, Doncic, Booker, Lavine, Ingram, Mitchell etc? Wings are still the dominant position and we need a guy to do the dirty work there.

KD might not be quick enough to guard the 3s as much now because of the achilles injury. KD played great as a 4 with GS, I think he will be fine there. He can still play some 3, but to guard wing type guys every single game will take a toll and we're trying to protect as much as we can right now. We thought Prince will be that guy at the 3 for us but he's not. We need a Covinton type of guy. I wouldn't mind a tough 4 guy like Gibson off the bench though.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,861

Post#632 » by MrDollarBills » Sun May 24, 2020 12:30 am

TheNetsFan wrote:
GTR11 wrote:As I thought, Bondy just exaggerated to create headlines and get clicks. Can't believe that clown got credibility or insider who feeds him with any info. I believe @Apooch knows more about Nets than Bondy ever dreamed.

"Discussed Internally" is the lamest thing I have ever heard. I'm sure the Nets have had internal discussions on half the league & the entire draft class. That being said, you have to figure there will be veterans lined up to chase a ring should we need replenish depth after a big trade. That makes even a slight overpay for a star more palatable.

With a cap contraction how will we be able to replenish depth? Unless guys will come running for minimum contracts?
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#633 » by MrDollarBills » Sun May 24, 2020 12:31 am

Papi_swav wrote:
kamaze wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:*small forward

I agree that we need a player that will do the dirty work, but we need that player on the wing not at the 4. The back to the basket post up, tough, rebounding 4s are almost extinct nowadays, it's alot more stretch 4s now. KD is a mismatch offensively and defensively at the 4. Who is going to guard Tatum, Ben Simmons, Tobias, Butler, Kawhi, PG13, Middleton, Harden, Beal, Doncic, Booker, Lavine, Ingram, Mitchell etc? Wings are still the dominant position and we need a guy to do the dirty work there.

KD might not be quick enough to guard the 3s as much now because of the achilles injury. KD played great as a 4 with GS, I think he will be fine there. He can still play some 3, but to guard wing type guys every single game will take a toll and we're trying to protect as much as we can right now. We thought Prince will be that guy at the 3 for us but he's not. We need a Covinton type of guy. I wouldn't mind a tough 4 guy like Gibson off the bench though.

Agreed. We need a versatile wing defender.

GTR11
RealGM

Post#634 » by GTR11 » Sun May 24, 2020 1:50 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:

With a cap contraction how will we be able to replenish depth? Unless guys will come running for minimum contracts?

Things seem to be going back to normal and hopefully common sense will kick in sooner rather than later. Most still don't comprehend how much capital sport industry lost/ will be losing. Next CBA will be tough on players and other people who affiliated.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach

Post#635 » by TheNetsFan » Sun May 24, 2020 4:00 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:

Very few teams would have any space. MLEs will be lower. Players may be more willing to ring chase on minimums in a down salary year.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,546

Post#636 » by NYG » Sun May 24, 2020 8:33 pm

Is Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince an overpay for Aaron Gordon?
TheNetsFan
Head Coach

Post#637 » by TheNetsFan » Sun May 24, 2020 9:20 pm

NYG wrote:Is Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince an overpay for Aaron Gordon?

Why would Orlando want Allen and Prince with Vucevic and Isaac?
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#638 » by MrDollarBills » Sun May 24, 2020 11:47 pm

GTR11 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:"Discussed Internally" is the lamest thing I have ever heard. I'm sure the Nets have had internal discussions on half the league & the entire draft class. That being said, you have to figure there will be veterans lined up to chase a ring should we need replenish depth after a big trade. That makes even a slight overpay for a star more palatable.

Things seem to be going back to normal and hopefully common sense will kick in sooner rather than later. Most still don't comprehend how much capital sport industry lost/ will be losing. Next CBA will be tough on players and other people who affiliated.

Things are not going back to normal, we will pass 100,000 deaths, a number which includes for me personally the death of a long time family friend, by tomorrow. They will not be able to play in filled arenas for the foreseeable future, that is a substantial loss of revenue for the NBA.

As much as I wish things were returning to normal, they are not.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#639 » by MrDollarBills » Sun May 24, 2020 11:48 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:"Discussed Internally" is the lamest thing I have ever heard. I'm sure the Nets have had internal discussions on half the league & the entire draft class. That being said, you have to figure there will be veterans lined up to chase a ring should we need replenish depth after a big trade. That makes even a slight overpay for a star more palatable.

Very few teams would have any space. MLEs will be lower. Players may be more willing to ring chase on minimums in a down salary year.

Do you think we can retain Joe for cheap now since the money will basically be nonexistent?

DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,559

Post#640 » by DarkXaero » Mon May 25, 2020 2:47 am

NYG wrote:Is Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince an overpay for Aaron Gordon?
Yes.

Return to Brooklyn Nets