Gabe Kapler Thinks Not Spitting Will Be \'Tremendous Challenge\'

Moderator: TyCobb

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Gabe Kapler Thinks Not Spitting Will Be \'Tremendous Challenge\' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu May 21, 2020 12:40 pm

Whenever Major League Baseball returns, there will be a strict new set of rules designed to keep players and personnel safe amid the coronavirus pandemic.

Part of MLB\'s safety proposal to the players\' union also includes a ban on high fives, hugs, licking fingers, and spitting.

During a radio interview, San Francisco Giants manager Gabe Kapler said it will be a \"tremendous challenge\" to break those spitting habits when baseball returns.

\"When you\'ve been doing it your whole life, it\'s like breaking any habit. It\'s going to be hard when things get stressful not to default to the habit,\" Kapler said. \"But I can tell you this: Everybody\'s going to be committed to doing it because it\'s so worth it. The trade-off between giving up that habit and getting to play baseball, we\'ll play baseball all day long.\"

Via Mark W. Sanchez/KNBR

Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,077

Re: Gabe Kapler Thinks Not Spitting Will Be \'Tremendous Challenge\' 

Post#2 » by Laimbeer » Fri May 22, 2020 1:40 pm

Make it permanent.
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,408

Post#3 » by Zenzibar » Fri May 22, 2020 2:03 pm

He didn't say spitting per se, he meant the whole package of new restrictions. Dam these media write ups are just stupid.
Stop All Genocides
SMTBSI
RealGM
And1: 25,281

Post#4 » by SMTBSI » Tue May 26, 2020 4:58 am

Zenzibar wrote:He didn't say spitting per se, he meant the whole package of new restrictions. Dam these media write ups are just stupid.

I get as annoyed as anyone at ReaGM sometimes for their misleading wiretaps, but in this case, it seems a pretty fair interpretation to me. I have to ask if you read the source article? Within it, the two paragraphs of Kapler quotation directly preceding the one copied here have to do directly with spitting.

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion