ImageImageImageImageImage

Raps 2020 Picks (Prospect Watch, Update: Vecenie Mock Released)

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Sir-Swish-A-Lot
Senior
And1: 499

Yahoo Mock Draft 3.0 (May 21) 

Post#1321 » by Sir-Swish-A-Lot » Fri May 22, 2020 4:00 pm

Yahoo https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-mock-draft-30-anthony-edwards-moves-to-no-1-164633107.html

Notable Projections

15. Orlando Magic: F Jaden McDaniels

27. New York Knicks (via Los Angeles Clippers): F Isaiah Stewart

28. Toronto Raptors: F Daniel Oturu

58. Toronto Raptors: G Jared Butler
Mark_83
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,138

Re: Raps 2020 Picks (Prospect Watch, Update: Vecenie Mock Released) 

Post#1322 » by Mark_83 » Fri May 22, 2020 4:22 pm

Jared Butler at pick 58 would be an absolute steal for us. This kid can really fill it up. He reminds me of Jeff Teague. Would be a great PG to groom behind Fred and Lowry.
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,134

Re: Yahoo Mock Draft 3.0 (May 21) 

Post#1323 » by Dalek » Fri May 22, 2020 4:23 pm

Sir-Swish-A-Lot wrote:Yahoo https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-mock-draft-30-anthony-edwards-moves-to-no-1-164633107.html

Notable Projections

That looks like a solid draft for Toronto. Butler would be a good get at the end of the draft.

Not in love with the way Oturu moves. He just doesn't look like he can be conditioned to play in the NBA, but he has a nice skill set. He kind of reminds me of Kevon Looney with a little better shooting.
nabbs
RealGM
And1: 19,365

Post#1324 » by nabbs » Fri May 22, 2020 4:34 pm

Dalek wrote:
Sir-Swish-A-Lot wrote:Yahoo https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-mock-draft-30-anthony-edwards-moves-to-no-1-164633107.html

Notable Projections

That looks like a solid draft for Toronto. Butler would be a good get at the end of the draft.

Not in love with the way Oturu moves. He just doesn't look like he can be conditioned to play in the NBA, but he has a nice skill set. He kind of reminds me of Kevon Looney with a little better shooting.

I think I like Oturu the least out of the big man prospects. Would rather have Tillman, Smith or Stewart

2018 My Top Guys (no particular order): Doncic, JJJ, Zhaire Smith, Miles Bridges, Knox, Wendell, Bamba, Ayton, Sexton, Brown, Huerter, Okogie, Svi,
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,546

Post#1325 » by Psubs » Fri May 22, 2020 5:33 pm

Mark_83 wrote:Jared Butler at pick 58 would be an absolute steal for us. This kid can really fill it up. He reminds me of Jeff Teague. Would be a great PG to groom behind Fred and Lowry.

He led Baylor to #2 in the Big 12 behind Kansas.
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,134

Post#1326 » by Dalek » Fri May 22, 2020 5:39 pm

Notable Projections

I looked at a couple more of their picks and I was wondering why they are not high on the following:

50. Cassius Stanley - not sure why a guy as athletic as he is drops to 50. I would think he should at least be in the 30s.
43. Tyrell Terry - Not sure why he would fall this far considering his scoring skill-set and the modern NBA valuing guys who can shoot, handle and make plays. I would put him in the latter part of the first round.

Overall, the Yahoo draft is weirdly slated towards big guys: 24. Vernon Carey Jr., 27. Isaiah Stewart, 28. Daniel Oturu, 29. Zeke Nnaji, 30. Udoka Azubuike. Yet, they hate on Xavier Tillman (48).

Let's not even talk about Lamelo Ball at 5. That is a huge drop for one of the few potential stars coming out of the draft.
casual_raps_fan
Pro Prospect
And1: 616

Post#1327 » by casual_raps_fan » Fri May 22, 2020 7:04 pm

TRex520 wrote:
casual_raps_fan wrote:
TRex520 wrote:Rondo is overrated. He can't shoot. He got the benefits of playing along KG, PP and Allen.

A 22 pick that was a 4 time allstar? Ya he can't shoot but he complimented his teammates well and played his role very well. Imagine having a young Rondo on our bench instead of having to play McCaw.

Anyone is better than McCaw. :lol:

I guess I should have used overachieved, not overrated. He did okay as 4th option. But it is easy if your top 3 players are franchise players themselves. I think if Boston kept Randy Foye back then, they will be as fine.

Back to the McCaw comparison, yea McCaw has more rings than Kyle. But we can't say McCaw is a better player.

I don’t want to make this into a mccaw comparison.

All I wanted to say is if we could get a guy as productive as rondo at the 28th pick, that would be a good thing. He’d bring good ball handling, a floor general to the second unit, and good defensive versatility.

I agree that he overachieved and considering where we are drafting, I’d be happy with an overachieving all star.
casual_raps_fan
Pro Prospect

Post#1328 » by casual_raps_fan » Fri May 22, 2020 7:34 pm

Dalek wrote:

Notable Projections

I looked at a couple more of their picks and I was wondering why they are not high on the following:

50. Cassius Stanley - not sure why a guy as athletic as he is drops to 50. I would think he should at least be in the 30s.
43. Tyrell Terry - Not sure why he would fall this far considering his scoring skill-set and the modern NBA valuing guys who can shoot, handle and make plays. I would put him in the latter part of the first round.

Overall, the Yahoo draft is weirdly slated towards big guys: 24. Vernon Carey Jr., 27. Isaiah Stewart, 28. Daniel Oturu, 29. Zeke Nnaji, 30. Udoka Azubuike. Yet, they hate on Xavier Tillman (48).

Let's not even talk about Lamelo Ball at 5. That is a huge drop for one of the few potential stars coming out of the draft.

I think I saw tyrel terry in the lottery on a couple of mock drafts. I question his ball handling and playmaking but his shooting looks really good. With how in demand that skill is, I’d be surprised if he moved to the second round.

I think Tillman is lower because of the question marks of his size as a center. He obviously isn’t a 4 and if he isn’t a 5 physically, it puts a hard cap on his ceiling. I agree though that he shouldn’t be that much lower than those other center prospects. They seem too high.

Mock drafts have been all over the place.
Psubs
RealGM

Post#1329 » by Psubs » Fri May 22, 2020 7:52 pm

Dalek wrote:

Notable Projections

Cassius should be picked by any team at #31 to #38. New Orleans can't pass up drafting him and having the most exciting team in the NBA!!!

Smallball Fun lineup!

PG Ball
SG Jrue
SF Stanley
PF Ingram
C Zion

Oh they have Redick, Hayes, Melli, NAW, Hart and #13. I think they would take the best big available at #13.

Oh, I would trade #13 and #60 to Boston for #17 and #30.
Sir-Swish-A-Lot
Senior

Bleacher Report Mock Draft (May 22) 

Post#1330 » by Sir-Swish-A-Lot » Sat May 23, 2020 2:29 am

Bleacher Report https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2892941-nba-draft-2020-latest-mock-draft-and-teams-with-most-to-lose-on-draft-night

Notable Projections

1. Golden State Warriors: C James Wiseman- Memphis

2. Cleveland Cavaliers: C Onyeka Okongwu- USC

3. Minnesota Timberwolves: G Anthony Edwards- Georgia

4. Atlanta Hawks: F Deni Avdija- Maccabi Tel Aviv

5. Detroit Pistons: G LaMelo Ball- Illawarra Hawks

18. Dallas Mavericks: F Leandro Bolmaro- Barcelona

26. Boston Celtics: F/C Isaiah Stewart- Washington

28. Toronto Raptors: F/C Vernon Carey- Duke

29. Los Angeles Lakers: F Jaden McDaniels- Washington
casual_raps_fan
Pro Prospect

Re: Bleacher Report Mock Draft (May 22) 

Post#1331 » by casual_raps_fan » Sat May 23, 2020 1:14 pm

Sir-Swish-A-Lot wrote:Bleacher Report https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2892941-nba-draft-2020-latest-mock-draft-and-teams-with-most-to-lose-on-draft-night

Notable Projections

I wonder why Jaden McDaniels is dropping on some mock drafts. His two way potential is really high. In the right program and with the right mindset, he can become an all star.
Psubs
RealGM

Post#1332 » by Psubs » Sat May 23, 2020 1:37 pm

casual_raps_fan wrote:I wonder why Jaden McDaniels is dropping on some mock drafts. His two way potential is really high. In the right program and with the right mindset, he can become an all star.

Maybe he bombed those video chats. :onfire: :reporter:
RaptorsNorth
RealGM
And1: 13,757

Post#1333 » by RaptorsNorth » Sat May 23, 2020 1:39 pm

Has the raptors ever selected a player these sites had them listed to pick ?
“Elephant in the room : Nick Thibodeau” Board member seanbig :lol: :lol: :lol:

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
Psubs
RealGM

Post#1334 » by Psubs » Sat May 23, 2020 1:42 pm

RaptorsNorth wrote:Has the raptors ever selected a player these sites had them listed to pick ?

I think OG.
casual_raps_fan
Pro Prospect

Post#1335 » by casual_raps_fan » Sat May 23, 2020 1:48 pm

Psubs wrote:
casual_raps_fan wrote:I wonder why Jaden McDaniels is dropping on some mock drafts. His two way potential is really high. In the right program and with the right mindset, he can become an all star.

Maybe he bombed those video chats. :onfire: :reporter:

:lol:
casual_raps_fan
Pro Prospect

Post#1336 » by casual_raps_fan » Sat May 23, 2020 1:51 pm

Psubs wrote:
RaptorsNorth wrote:Has the raptors ever selected a player these sites had them listed to pick ?

I think OG.

I believe JV as well.
Psubs
RealGM

Post#1337 » by Psubs » Sat May 23, 2020 3:41 pm

casual_raps_fan wrote:
Psubs wrote:

I think OG.

I believe JV as well.

Ya, I was like JV please!
Sir-Swish-A-Lot
Senior

Post#1338 » by Sir-Swish-A-Lot » Sat May 23, 2020 6:40 pm

casual_raps_fan wrote:
Sir-Swish-A-Lot wrote:Bleacher Report https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2892941-nba-draft-2020-latest-mock-draft-and-teams-with-most-to-lose-on-draft-night

Notable Projections

I wonder why Jaden McDaniels is dropping on some mock drafts. His two way potential is really high. In the right program and with the right mindset, he can become an all star.

The NBA Draft Lottery hasn't event taken place yet. Analysts are just throwing prospects up against a wall and seeing what sticks based on what they think they know. When it comes right down to it Jaden will most likely go Lottery and it wouldn't surprise me to see him go somewhere in the top 10. Jaden's skill level and ceiling potential rivals any prospect in this draft. His skill set is tailor made for today's wide open up and down style of play in the NBA.

BoyzNTheHood
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,683

Post#1339 » by BoyzNTheHood » Sat May 23, 2020 8:02 pm

casual_raps_fan wrote:
Psubs wrote:

I think OG.

I believe JV as well.

DeMar too, and Bosh.
deeps6x wrote:I guarantee you that (Jaylen) Brown and (Kris) Dunn are drafted OUT of the top 5.
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach
And1: 10,224

Post#1340 » by HeadtopChunes » Sat May 23, 2020 8:27 pm

BoyzNTheHood wrote:
casual_raps_fan wrote:
Psubs wrote:
I think OG.

I believe JV as well.

DeMar too, and Bosh.

Poeltl too, maybe Delon as well

Return to Toronto Raptors