Joe Ingles may not play even if the season starts

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,287

Joe Ingles may not play even if the season starts 

Post#1 » by babyjax13 » Fri May 22, 2020 6:01 am

Think the headlines on this are a bit hyperbolic, but obviously understand and support his position. Think it is newsworthy enough to have its own thread.

https://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/jazz-forward-joe-ingles-may-not-play-season-resumes/551695
Peter Mitchell of the Australian Associated Press quoted Ingles this week as saying that he is prepared to “walk away, fly to Australia, never play another game in my life, and be very content with it” in order to protect his family. Mitchell notes that Ingles’ wife Renae is pregnant with their third child and his 4-year-old son Jacob has autism and a weakened immune system.

“It’s not worth it,” said Ingles of practicing at the Jazz team facility in a recent appearance on 1280 The Zone in Utah. “I have a gym, I have everything I can do. As for basketball, it’s a bit more difficult, but I think that as we go ahead and find out more information about it, it will be easier to make a decision. But I am in no way willing to risk my children, and Renae, and everything else, to go play basketball.”

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,680

Re: Joe Ingles may not play even if the season starts 

Post#2 » by Crunch 99 » Fri May 22, 2020 3:45 pm

Yes, too early to draw conclusions considering the coronavirus risk factors will be better defined by the time season re-opens, but man, this break has been particularly hard on the Jazz, who were gelling to a higher level of competitiveness when the season was abruptly ended. Since then we've had the Gobert - DM feud, the Bogdanovich season ending surgery, Ingles saying he might not come back, Sloan passing away and as Inigo pointed out, six weeks of ESPN rubbing the 98 finals loss in our face.
red4hf
Jazz Forum GTS Champion 2019-2020
And1: 981

Post#3 » by red4hf » Fri May 22, 2020 4:50 pm

Can't blame him for putting his family first......
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,253

Post#4 » by Catchall » Fri May 22, 2020 5:01 pm

Read on Twitter
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,287

Post#5 » by babyjax13 » Fri May 22, 2020 6:00 pm

Catchall wrote:
Read on Twitter

Glad to see this.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl

Return to Utah Jazz