ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Ahmaud Arbery murdered in Georgia - DA Indicted!!! (Update p. 11))

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,531

Re: OT: Ahmoud Arbery murdered in Georgia (Trayvon 2.0) 

Post#161 » by Fat Kat » Sat May 16, 2020 10:25 am

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,655

Post#162 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon May 18, 2020 7:55 pm

From an email I received from Shaun King:

This is William Roddie Bryan.

(photo)

He filmed the 30-second video clip of Ahmaud’s murder. He brought his loaded gun. He helped run Ahmaud down and box him in during the chase that we now know lasted over 4 minutes.

He kept that video for months. It was not his choice to release it to the public. He is an accomplice and co-conspirator. Under the felony murder rule, Georgia must arrest him.

Ahmaud could be alive today if William Roddie Bryan hadn’t participated. But he is still roaming free. His attorneys have him basically doing a PR campaign to make it look like he was a hero.
Free Palestine
Fat Kat
RealGM

Post#163 » by Fat Kat » Thu May 21, 2020 10:15 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Post#164 » by moocow007 » Thu May 21, 2020 10:20 pm

Did you guys see the recent police body cam video that actually shows Arbery being detained and questionned for trespassing and shoplifting (years back)? Arbery was leading a pack of teens and were accused of trying to steal a 60+ inch TV from an establishment. It does throw a slight curve into the portrayal of Arbery as a total model citizen. Of course nothing warrants being basically chased down and shot like a dog.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,442

Post#165 » by RHODEY » Thu May 21, 2020 10:55 pm

moocow007 wrote:Did you guys see the recent police body cam video that actually shows Arbery being detained and questionned for trespassing and shoplifting (years back)? Arbery was leading a pack of teens and were accused of trying to steal a 60+ inch TV from an establishment. It does throw a slight curve into the portrayal of Arbery as a total model citizen. Of course nothing warrants being basically chased down and shot like a dog.

Was it this video?

They searched him and found nothing. I didnt see any evidence he was leading a pack of teens to steal a 60+ inch TV from an establishment...was that just some random accusation? In my opinion it bolsters his case (not that it would need any bolstering) because it shows he was previously targeted and almost tased.
Fat Kat
RealGM

Post#166 » by Fat Kat » Thu May 21, 2020 11:11 pm

moocow007 wrote:Did you guys see the recent police body cam video that actually shows Arbery being detained and questionned for trespassing and shoplifting (years back)? Arbery was leading a pack of teens and were accused of trying to steal a 60+ inch TV from an establishment. It does throw a slight curve into the portrayal of Arbery as a total model citizen. Of course nothing warrants being basically chased down and shot like a dog.

“ pack of teens ” :nonono:

Was he arrested and charged? How is this relevant? Do you have a link?
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#167 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu May 21, 2020 11:42 pm

They arrested the third guy! NY Times headline

Third Man Charged With Murder in Ahmaud Arbery’s Death

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation arrested the man who filmed the fatal encounter in a South Georgia neighborhood.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#168 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu May 21, 2020 11:44 pm

Fat Kat wrote:

Well, it’s certainly going to be the spin that the racists will use to dehumanize Arbery. It’s completely irrelevant to the criminal charges against the 3 white guys.
Free Palestine
Fat Kat
RealGM

Post#169 » by Fat Kat » Fri May 22, 2020 12:06 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:

Well, it’s certainly going to be the spin that the racists will use to dehumanize Arbery. It’s completely irrelevant to the criminal charges against the 3 white guys.

I know. It’s the "he-deserved-to-be-lynched" narrative. I’ve seen it before.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#170 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri May 22, 2020 12:24 am

Fat Kat wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:

Was he arrested and charged? How is this relevant?
Do you have a link?

I know. It’s the "he-deserved-to-be-lynched" narrative. I’ve seen it before.

Michael Brown, Trayvon, Walter Scott, Castillo, 12 year old Tamir Rice. Dumb ass cops think they're so fcking smart, that they can manipulate all the evidence in their favor while they tar and feather the victim. It just makes me so angry. Angry Wingo.

It's still a crime if you rape a prostitute. And, yes, it can be proved based on the injuries and the rape kit tests so don't anybody even go there. Not on my watch! I protect all my prostitutes.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#171 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri May 22, 2020 4:22 am

To all my black friends, stay the fck out of North Carolina. Check this chit out. :nonono:

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/05/11/us/dameon-shepard-armed-group-black-teen-north-carolina/index.html
Free Palestine
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,963

Post#172 » by Jeff Van Gully » Fri May 22, 2020 2:10 pm

i thought it was well known that arbery has a history. all that matters is the bold.

i think the case is going to come down to what the court thinks of the final exchange. it's wrong, but if the law is wrong and people interpret it a certain way, i fear these guys could get off.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,963

Post#173 » by Jeff Van Gully » Fri May 22, 2020 2:33 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:To all my black friends, stay the fck out of North Carolina. Check this chit out. :nonono:

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/05/11/us/dameon-shepard-armed-group-black-teen-north-carolina/index.html

yeah, that's a scary one. and fears are justified. but it's not good to generalize. it's not like that was the NC state police. it was a county deputy and a group of [probably racist] **** who think they ARE the law.

that said, i know NC very well. it has some of the scariest backroads with some of the slaphappiest hilbilly cops i've ever seen. disproportionately so for such a well educated and progressive (for the south) state. there's some janky AF law enforcement. i seent it!
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
ny-n-md
Sixth Man
And1: 1,386

Post#174 » by ny-n-md » Fri May 22, 2020 6:46 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:To all my black friends, stay the fck out of North Carolina. Check this chit out. :nonono:

I can’t believe this garbage still happens. They couldn’t arrest anybody? The whole mob needs to be charged and arrested to make sure this type of stuff doesn’t continue to happen. There has to be repercussions.
JUST PLAY THE KIDS ALREADY!!!!!
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,055

Post#175 » by Capn'O » Fri May 22, 2020 7:31 pm

Bringing up any evidence of prior incidents is so predictable and irrelevant. Last I checked, the punishment for stealing (if there ever was such an event) isn't to have a lifetime bounty on your head for civilians to hunt you down and kill you. At least in the state's I have lived in.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#176 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri May 22, 2020 7:49 pm

Capn'O wrote:Bringing up any evidence of prior incidents is so predictable and irrelevant. Last I checked, the punishment for stealing (if there ever was such an event) isn't to have a lifetime bounty on your head for civilians to hunt you down and kill you. At least in the state's I have lived in.

And even if it did happen, the defendants would all have to say that they either witnessed it and therefore had reason to believe he was dangerous. It would have to be a real tight connection, which they don't have. This science on white peoples' identification of a black person from a past incident is astonishing. It is the most unreliable for of identification.

OMG, I just recalled that in my civil rights case with Leon Rose (I defended the City cop and detective), my key witness was this white female Univ. of Pa. student who was one of the victims of the robbery/burglary and while her testimony was certain (she had been alone in her bathroom when the real perpetrator entered the bathroom, let's just say, unexpectedly with a revolver pointed at her "for approximately 50 to 60 seconds" (count it off like I did to the jury ... seems like an eternity). I argued that she had a face to face view of her assailant for the almost one full minute and I had her identify her assailant again at the guy's civil trial. She was very convincing because, as George Costanza famously told Jerry, "it's not a lie if you believe that it's true" and this witness was certain. But she was wrong.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#177 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri May 22, 2020 7:53 pm

ny-n-md wrote:

I can’t believe this garbage still happens. They couldn’t arrest anybody? The whole mob needs to be charged and arrested to make sure this type of stuff doesn’t continue to happen. There has to be repercussions.

Police unions have way too much power, and I'm a very pro-union person. I just don't think that's how a para-military organization is run. Do they have unions in the armed services or national guard? :lol: I think police unions need to go. The PBA here on Long Island is like the fcking mafia. Actually, that's unfair to the mafia which has a code of honor.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#178 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri May 22, 2020 7:56 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:

yeah, that's a scary one. and fears are justified. but it's not good to generalize. it's not like that was the NC state police. it was a county deputy and a group of [probably racist] **** who think they ARE the law.

that said, i know NC very well. it has some of the scariest backroads with some of the slaphappiest hilbilly cops i've ever seen. disproportionately so for such a well educated and progressive (for the south) state. there's some janky AF law enforcement. i seent it!

They're probably being led by the "old guard" cops who teach and/or encourage the young cops on how they dooze it. I know the line "Forget what you learned in the Academy, kid. This is where your real training starts."
Free Palestine
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,273

Post#179 » by DOT » Fri May 22, 2020 8:07 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:

TBF, that's more of a city/rural thing I'd assume, where the cities are progressive but the rural areas are conservative, but the city population outnumbers the rural population so they're more progressive overall

Same thing with my state, we're pretty progressive overall cause we have a big city population but we have a lot of backwoods places that are as red as they get, and I live in one of those areas. Granted, our biggest city has less than 150 thousand people in it, but there's enough mid sized cities to balance out the rural areas
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#180 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri May 22, 2020 8:19 pm

K-DOT wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:

TBF, that's more of a city/rural thing I'd assume, where the cities are progressive but the rural areas are conservative, but the city population outnumbers the rural population so they're more progressive overall

Same thing with my state, we're pretty progressive overall cause we have a big city population but we have a lot of backwoods places that are as red as they get, and I live in one of those areas. Granted, our biggest city has less than 150 thousand people in it, but there's enough mid sized cities to balance out the rural areas

Progressive? What state is that, if you don't mind? I'm still trying to figure out where my next move will be. Let me guess. Oregon or Washington?
Free Palestine

Return to New York Knicks