If Lebron is the GOAT then how did he allow younger star players to catch him in rings already in his era?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Hobo4President
Analyst
And1: 3,185

Re: If Lebron is the GOAT then how did he allow younger star players to catch him in rings already in his era? 

Post#381 » by Hobo4President » Sat May 23, 2020 1:13 am

KGtabake wrote:
Hobo4President wrote:
KGtabake wrote:

Ginobili went to the Spurs in Duncan's 6th season.
Parker went to the Spurs in Duncan's 5th season.
"Immediately"?

Pippen became an allstar in his 6th season.

Before accusing the other poster about his honesty think if you're being honest.

Do you not know who Duncan was playing next to in his rookie year?

Yes i do. Did he won in his rookie year? No. Do you know why?
Because he got eliminated by the Utah Jazz.
Just like the Lakers of Shaq and Kobe. And the Rockets of Barkley, Drexler and Olajuwon.
The same Utah Jazz that people are mocking on this thread trying to downgrade MJs competition in the Finals.

Who's saying he won a title in his rookie year? This is about playing alongside good talent, and in Duncan's case he not only had greats drafted next to him but he was also drafted into it.
KGtabake
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,532

Re: If Lebron is the GOAT then how did he allow younger star players to catch him in rings already in his era? 

Post#382 » by KGtabake » Sat May 23, 2020 1:19 am

Hobo4President wrote:
KGtabake wrote:
Hobo4President wrote:
Do you not know who Duncan was playing next to in his rookie year?

Just like the Lakers of Shaq and Kobe. And the Rockets of Barkley, Drexler and Olajuwon.
The same Utah Jazz that people are mocking on this thread trying to downgrade MJs competition in the Finals.

Who's saying he won a title in his rookie year? This is about playing alongside good talent, and in Duncan's case he not only got greats drafted next to him but he was also drafted into it.

Duncan made them great.
If they were great before him they would have made more than just one conference finals in the 8 seasons Robinson was already there.
Messi. Jordan. Ali. Bolt. Senna. Serena. Karelin. Phelps. Rossi. Suleymanoglou. The GOATs.
Hobo4President
Analyst

Post#383 » by Hobo4President » Sat May 23, 2020 1:23 am

KGtabake wrote:
Hobo4President wrote:
KGtabake wrote:

Who's saying he won a title in his rookie year? This is about playing alongside good talent, and in Duncan's case he not only got greats drafted next to him but he was also drafted into it.

Duncan made them great.
If they were great before him they would have made more than just one conference finals in the 8 seasons Robinson was already there.

I really think you're being dishonest because you forgot about Robinson. You can't be seriously comparing Duncan's situation to Lebron's, their situations are not similar at all.
BigtimeNBAfan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,960

Post#384 » by BigtimeNBAfan » Sat May 23, 2020 1:27 am

Because LeBron sucks. How dare he let the warriors win a title in his era. Unacceptable.
KGtabake
Lead Assistant

Post#385 » by KGtabake » Sat May 23, 2020 1:30 am

Hobo4President wrote:
KGtabake wrote:
Hobo4President wrote:

Duncan made them great.

I really think you're being dishonest because you forgot about Robinson. You can't be seriously comparing Duncan's situation to Lebron's, their situations are not similar at all.

I didn't forget anyone. Robinson's Spurs made one Conference Finals in 8 seasons. So much for greatness.
I'm not the one who started these comparisons on this thread.
The guy who did it said that Duncan got immidiate help. That happened in 2002 and 2003 with Parker and Ginobili. 5 and 6 seasons after his rookie season.
Messi. Jordan. Ali. Bolt. Senna. Serena. Karelin. Phelps. Rossi. Suleymanoglou. The GOATs.
Hobo4President
Analyst

Post#386 » by Hobo4President » Sat May 23, 2020 1:33 am

KGtabake wrote:
Hobo4President wrote:
KGtabake wrote:

Duncan made them great.

I didn't forget anyone. Robinson's Spurs made one Conference Finals in 8 seasons. So much for greatness.
The guy who did it said that Duncan got immidiate help. That happened in 2002 and 2003 with Parker and Ginobili. 5 and 6 seasons after his rookie season.

Duncan got immediate help because he was drafted next to an all-time great centre. The guy you quoted wasn't wrong at all.
KGtabake
Lead Assistant

Post#387 » by KGtabake » Sat May 23, 2020 1:39 am

Hobo4President wrote:
KGtabake wrote:
Hobo4President wrote:

Duncan got immediate help because he was drafted next to an all-time centre. The guy you quoted wasn't wrong at all.

Yeah ok, according to you.
Ilgauskas was an All Star the year before LeBron got drafted(27 years old in his prime) but i'm the one who forgets. Not you.
Let's just say that LeBron played only with scrubs.
Duncan was better than LeBron when he entered the league and he made his team great. Simple things.
Hobo4President
Analyst

Post#388 » by Hobo4President » Sat May 23, 2020 1:40 am

KGtabake wrote:
Hobo4President wrote:
KGtabake wrote:

Duncan got immediate help because he was drafted next to an all-time centre. The guy you quoted wasn't wrong at all.

Ilgauskas was an All Star the year before LeBron got drafted(27 years ols in his prime) but i'm the one who forgets. Not you.
Duncan was better than LeBron when he entered the league and he made his team great. Simple things.

Are you comparing Big Z to Robinson lmao? You're welcome to believe Duncan is better than Lebron, that's actually debatable, but comparing their situations is so disingenuous.
KGtabake
Lead Assistant

Post#389 » by KGtabake » Sat May 23, 2020 1:42 am

Hobo4President wrote:
KGtabake wrote:
Hobo4President wrote:

Ilgauskas was an All Star the year before LeBron got drafted(27 years ols in his prime) but i'm the one who forgets. Not you.

Are you comparing Big Z to Robinson lmao?

No, i'm just laughing with the "no help" and "scrubs" arguments.
LeBron. the only player in recent history who gets more excuses than the guy i have on my avatar.
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,813

Post#390 » by HeartBreakKid » Sat May 23, 2020 1:47 am

what the heck is his era? he will have a 20 year career lol.

and steph curry caught up to him because he had a juicy ass team. duh?
JN61
RealGM
And1: 9,019

Post#391 » by JN61 » Sat May 23, 2020 1:52 am

LeBron is the only this level of player where everyone else won during his era. Even though James himself stacked the deck on 3 different occasions.
Pennebaker wrote:And Bird did it while being a defensive liability. But he also made All-Defensive teams, which was another controversial issue regarding Bird and votes.
VanWest82
RealGM
And1: 17,673

Post#392 » by VanWest82 » Sat May 23, 2020 2:00 am

He didn't allow anything. They all just took it from him.
twyzted
Sixth Man
And1: 2,182

Post#393 » by twyzted » Sat May 23, 2020 2:02 am

HeartBreakKid wrote:what the heck is his era? he will have a 20 year career lol.

Its the excuses era. Its not like he didnt have juicy teams himself and you can be absolutly positive that if the cavs could sign durant in 16 they would have done the same.
But yeah only sports star to have so many ifs and buts and excuses for why he didnt win more and constant downtalk of other players accomplishments or previous eras by his "stans" to prop him up.
Pennebaker wrote:Jordan lacks LeBron's mental toughness.
Hillmatic94
Sophomore
And1: 121

Post#394 » by Hillmatic94 » Sat May 23, 2020 2:05 am

GeorgeMarcus wrote:
Joerezz7 wrote:He allowed younger star players like Steph and Klay to catch him in rings and they are younger.

Wait a minute... He allowed younger stars to catch him AND they were younger? :-o

Bro, this. Next!
Hobo4President
Analyst

Post#395 » by Hobo4President » Sat May 23, 2020 2:08 am

KGtabake wrote:
Hobo4President wrote:
KGtabake wrote:

Are you comparing Big Z to Robinson lmao?

No, i'm just laughing with the "no help" and "scrubs" arguments.
LeBron. the only player in recent history who gets more excuses than the guy i have on my avatar.

Then argue that. I don't know why you're debating whether Duncan immediately had talent around him because he factually did.
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,813

Post#396 » by HeartBreakKid » Sat May 23, 2020 2:13 am

twyzted wrote:
HeartBreakKid wrote:what the heck is his era? he will have a 20 year career lol.

Its the excuses era. Its not like he didnt have juicy teams himself and you can be absolutly positive that if the cavs could sign durant in 16 they would have done the same.
But yeah only sports star to have so many ifs and buts and excuses for why he didnt win more and constant downtalk of other players accomplishments or previous eras by his "stans" to prop him up.

what excuse...? his teams lost. thats what happened.

lol, some of you guys dont understand how team sports work. if someone is good enough to win 3 rings obviously they could win more - were those 3 rings luck?
lakerz12
Head Coach
And1: 8,896

Post#397 » by lakerz12 » Sat May 23, 2020 2:29 am

It's funny I didn't see any of these posters saying "it's a team game" while they were giving LeBron all of the credit for the 2016 win.
lakerz12
Head Coach
And1: 8,896

Post#398 » by lakerz12 » Sat May 23, 2020 2:37 am

HeartBreakKid wrote:
twyzted wrote:

what excuse...? his teams lost. thats what happened.

lol, some of you guys dont understand how team sports work. if someone is good enough to win 3 rings obviously they could win more - were those 3 rings luck?

So when he loses it's: "his teams lost".

When he wins it's: "if someone is good enough to win 3 rings obviously they could win more"

So you want to deflect the losses onto the team, but you want to give him credit for the wins.

Do you not see the blatant contradiction here?

If you're going to reduce the significance of the losses by saying it's a "team" loss. Then you also have to reduce the significance of the win, because it's a "team" win.
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,643

Post#399 » by nzahir » Sat May 23, 2020 4:36 am

Why do we have the dumbest threads pop up everyday?

You guys already know the answers to these questions, yet you chose to ask this stuff like you didn't watch the NBA for the past 5 yrs.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#400 » by bondom34 » Sat May 23, 2020 4:49 am

How is this thread 20 pages and what kind of question is this? Do people rank playing ability by rings?

Guys he's been the best player in the NBA for over a decade. It's OK, its just basketball.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO

Return to The General Board