If Lebron is the GOAT then how did he allow younger star players to catch him in rings already in his era?

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Alize
Senior
And1: 283

Re: If Lebron is the GOAT then how did he allow younger star players to catch him in rings already in his era? 

Post#401 » by Alize » Sat May 23, 2020 7:36 am

Thank you. Some dont understand the team concept of basketball.
ClubLakers KB8 wrote:Teams win titles. TEAMS.

Say it with me people.

You know why Guys like Klay and Steph have more rings? They were on the better friggin team. It's that sample. They aren't as good as LBJ but their situation was better.

**Not to mention it took adding arguably the 2nd best player in the NBA in the league to that team to beat LBJ when LBJ's team wasn't brutally injured in the finals**.

Sent from my SM-G950F using RealGM mobile app
Alize
Senior

Re: If Lebron is the GOAT then how did he allow younger star players to catch him in rings already in his era? 

Post#402 » by Alize » Sat May 23, 2020 7:40 am

That says a lot about the era he played in and other teams than about Lebron haha, this era is stacked with elite teams
JN61 wrote:LeBron is the only this level of player where everyone else won during his era. Even though James himself stacked the deck on 3 different occasions.

GhosDini
Junior
And1: 685

Post#403 » by GhosDini » Sat May 23, 2020 9:12 am

Lebron is about to go 20 yrs winning only 3 titles...
bamheat
Senior
And1: 1,152

Post#404 » by bamheat » Sat May 23, 2020 9:21 am

A 73 win team needed to add Kevin Durant to beat Lebron.

He's the GOAT.
In SVG We Trust
Starter
And1: 1,399

Post#405 » by In SVG We Trust » Sat May 23, 2020 9:30 am

Why people don't try to be honest about themselves? I mean, why you don't think "It's ok, I'm a little bit ignorant, I can't even understand some basic things of this life, so I don't think my opinion in some aspects can be as valuable as others who actually have been well prepared to argue this topics"???

When you're comparing David Robinson with Ilgauskas, you really need to think you're not able to have a legit opinion about basketball.

Maybe you're a genious about motor sports man, or about cooking, but when it comes to basketball, try to keep yourself humble, because that's your knowledge level.
In SVG We Trust
Starter

Post#406 » by In SVG We Trust » Sat May 23, 2020 9:34 am

GhosDini wrote:Lebron is about to go 20 yrs winning only 3 titles...

3 MVP Finals the most someone has achieved aside of Jordan, who played in an are with half of the talent than the current one, also he always got the better roster in the league when he won.
GhosDini
Junior
And1: 685

Post#407 » by GhosDini » Sat May 23, 2020 9:49 am

In SVG We Trust wrote:

3 MVP Finals the most someone has achieved aside of Jordan, who played in an are with half of the talent than the current one, also he always got the better roster in the league when he won.

The Blazers and Suns had the better roster. Supersonics and Jazz were about even with Bulls as far as roster goes.

As fars their eras go, Jordan's played a more difficult game. You transport stars back to the 90s and their numbers go down. Transport 90s stars into todays game and their numbers go up. Thats you need to know.
JN61
RealGM
And1: 9,019

Post#408 » by JN61 » Sat May 23, 2020 10:09 am

Alize wrote:That says a lot about the era he played in and other teams than about Lebron haha, this era is stacked with elite teams
JN61 wrote:LeBron is the only this level of player where everyone else won during his era. Even though James himself stacked the deck on 3 different occasions.

Or he's simply not that good beyond the statistics.
Pennebaker wrote:And Bird did it while being a defensive liability. But he also made All-Defensive teams, which was another controversial issue regarding Bird and votes.
JN61
RealGM
And1: 9,019

Post#409 » by JN61 » Sat May 23, 2020 10:11 am

In SVG We Trust wrote:

LeBron? Indeed from 11 to 15 pretty much the best roster in the league and after that few times 2nd best roster.
Pennebaker wrote:And Bird did it while being a defensive liability. But he also made All-Defensive teams, which was another controversial issue regarding Bird and votes.
Alize
Senior

Post#410 » by Alize » Sat May 23, 2020 11:10 am

Whaaaat 11 was Wade Bosh him UD and a bunch of fill ins, 2012 okc had 4 all star caliber players on their roster, 2013 i can see the heat as favourite, 2014 was wades worst year with lebron and they already had back 2 back titles.
And 2015??? it was even until kyrie and love were injured
JN61 wrote:
In SVG We Trust wrote:

LeBron? Indeed from 11 to 15 pretty much the best roster in the league and after that few times 2nd best roster.

ssang
Sophomore
And1: 355

Post#411 » by ssang » Sat May 23, 2020 1:02 pm

LeBron James is an all time great basketball player. Anyone who thinks otherwise is dumb.

That said, he is a driving force in the pussification of an entire generation of basketball fans. He is the participation trophy king. The champion of self-promotion, self-aggrandizement and entitlement. A bastion for excuses and a stubbornness to accept accountability. Where taking the path of least resistance and shortcuts to achieve were once frowned upon, it is now suddenly cool. And the gen-Z rubes, the TikTok gen, high schoolers and college kids, they eat that sh*t up. They love it.

A more concise way of putting it: if you think DJ Khaled is the tits, you probably believe LeBron James to be the greatest basketball player of all time.

As these young cats grow older, eventually they'll mature and grow out of it. So that's nice at least.
In SVG We Trust
Starter

Post#412 » by In SVG We Trust » Sat May 23, 2020 2:18 pm

ssang wrote:LeBron James is an all time great basketball player. Anyone who thinks otherwise is dumb.

That said, he is a driving force in the pussification of an entire generation of basketball fans. He is the participation trophy king. The champion of self-promotion, self-aggrandizement and entitlement. A bastion for excuses and a stubbornness to accept accountability. Where taking the path of least resistance and shortcuts to achieve were once frowned upon, it is now suddenly cool. And the gen-Z rubes, the TikTok gen, high schoolers and college kids, they eat that sh*t up. They love it.

A more concise way of putting it: if you think DJ Khaled is the tits, you probably believe LeBron James to be the greatest basketball player of all time.

As these young cats grow older, eventually they'll mature and grow out of it. So that's nice at least.

Boomers ruin the world, destroy the environment, s**t on human and legal rights and they think they're able to give lessons to others
GreenBloodedC
RealGM
And1: 14,436

Post#413 » by GreenBloodedC » Sat May 23, 2020 3:13 pm

For all those saying Championships should not be considered because bAsKetBalL iS a TeAm SpOrt.

With all of LeBron's stats and individual accomplishments, if he never won a championship would we even have this conversation?

I thought so.

In the end, what matters most is winning. And whether LeBron fans like it or not, it will always be heavily considered in determining the GOAT.
twyzted
Sixth Man
And1: 2,182

Post#414 » by twyzted » Sat May 23, 2020 3:21 pm

In SVG We Trust wrote:Drexler, Payton and Stockton, damn that was a ferocious competition, perimeter players in the 90s were so good

In SVG We Trust wrote:Boomers ruin the world, destroy the environment, s**t on human and legal rights and they think they're able to give lessons to others

In SVG We Trust wrote:Why people don't try to be honest about themselves? I mean, why you don't think "It's ok, I'm a little bit ignorant, I can't even understand some basic things of this life, so I don't think my opinion in some aspects can be as valuable as others who actually have been well prepared to argue this topics"???

When you're comparing David Robinson with Ilgauskas, you really need to think you're not able to have a legit opinion about basketball.

Maybe you're a genious about motor sports man, or about cooking, but when it comes to basketball, try to keep yourself humble, because that's your knowledge level.

Usually when a person starts to argue other peoples intelligence they are usually not very intellgent themselfs.
especially when just couple a post before argue that paul george, damian lillard and john wall is on the same level as clyde drexler, john stockton and gary payton while those players are very good but if we are being honest with ourselfs they are not yet on the level those players player they are being compared to.

And im pretty sure no one of those you are calling a boomer is infact a boomer so mister excuses i would be honest with yourself and stop trying to insult the intelligence of other and act like your in some way more intelligent than you really are.
Pennebaker wrote:Jordan lacks LeBron's mental toughness.
themoneyteam2
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,287

Post#415 » by themoneyteam2 » Sat May 23, 2020 3:51 pm

Alize wrote:Whaaaat 11 was Wade Bosh him UD and a bunch of fill ins, 2012 okc had 4 all star caliber players on their roster, 2013 i can see the heat as favourite, 2014 was wades worst year with lebron and they already had back 2 back titles.
JN61 wrote:
In SVG We Trust wrote:3 MVP Finals the most someone has achieved aside of Jordan, who played in an are with half of the talent than the current one, also he always got the better roster in the league when he won.

Wait are you seriously trying to diminish the ‘11 Heat and pretend that wasn’t a stacked roster? Wade was considered a top 5 player (coming off 1st team all NBA honors) and Bosh was a multi time all star.

If that team wasn’t stacked idk what is
ssang
Sophomore
And1: 355

Post#416 » by ssang » Sat May 23, 2020 4:26 pm

In SVG We Trust wrote:
ssang wrote:LeBron James is an all time great basketball player. Anyone who thinks otherwise is dumb.

Boomers ruin the world, destroy the environment, s**t on human and legal rights and they think they're able to give lessons to others

I'm not even close to a boomer - the default term lazily used by the LeBron/DJ Khaled/TikTok crowd to describe anyone and everyone older than themselves. I'm like a pioneer millennial, or part of gen-Y, if you will. There's a good 16 to 18 year gap from the end of the boomer gen and another entire generation after that before I even came out the womb. And there's no lesson being taught; just some truth as it relates to what you want to believe vs. what the reality is. That reality being, no matter how you feel, no matter how badly you try and convince yourself, the reality is your boy is one of a handful of the greatest basketball players of all time...just not the greatest. And that's perfectly okay. Deal with it and move on.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,147

Post#417 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Sat May 23, 2020 4:34 pm

Joerezz7 wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:
Joerezz7 wrote:This is why Lebron will never be in the same tier as Kobe

This is true at least. LeBron will never be demoted to Kobe's tier.

Lebron took too many losses in the Finals to be considered on the same level as Kobe. If Lebron wins one more ring then yea maybe we can consider him better than Kobe or on the same level

lmao. k.

what a minority point of view. :lol: :lol:
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
Alize
Senior

Post#418 » by Alize » Sat May 23, 2020 5:09 pm

themoneyteam2 wrote:
Alize wrote:Whaaaat 11 was Wade Bosh him UD and a bunch of fill ins, 2012 okc had 4 all star caliber players on their roster, 2013 i can see the heat as favourite, 2014 was wades worst year with lebron and they already had back 2 back titles.
JN61 wrote:LeBron? Indeed from 11 to 15 pretty much the best roster in the league and after that few times 2nd best roster.

Wait are you seriously trying to diminish the ‘11 Heat and pretend that wasn’t a stacked roster? Wade was considered a top 5 player (coming off 1st team all NBA honors) and Bosh was a multi time all star.

It was not a stacked team, they were not deep enough to win it.

themoneyteam2
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,287

Post#419 » by themoneyteam2 » Sat May 23, 2020 5:58 pm

Alize wrote:
themoneyteam2 wrote:

"They were not deep enough to win it"? They had two of the top 5 players in the league and Bosh as another top 15-20 player. They were heavy favorites vs Dallas for a reason. MIA had a 2-1 lead and then LeBron had an 8 pt game in game 4 and MIA proceeded to lose 3 straight. If your king played up to his standard, Miami wins that series but instead he averaged 17 PPG and didn't show up in the 4th.
Alize
Senior

Post#420 » by Alize » Sat May 23, 2020 6:10 pm

themoneyteam2 wrote:
Alize wrote:
themoneyteam2 wrote:

"They were not deep enough to win it"? They had two of the top 5 players in the league and Bosh as another top 15-20 player. They were heavy favorites vs Dallas for a reason. MIA had a 2-1 lead and then LeBron had an 8 pt game in game 4 and MIA proceeded to lose 3 straight. If your king played up to his standard, Miami wins that series but instead he averaged 17 PPG and didn't show up in the 4th.
Besides these three the team was trash, Eddie House? Mike Bibby? Eric Dampier?? Juwan Howard? Carlos Arroyo?
It is a team game and nobody is beating a great team with this bench

This team was not deep. If Lebron would play to his standards there probably would be a game 7. Dallas was clicking at the right time and they defeated the defending champs with ease.

All i remember is Mike Bibby, Wade bricking wide open threes. If guys would make 40 percent of these shots the outcome would be totally different

Return to The General Board