ImageImageImageImageImage

2019-2020 College/Draft thread (Part 4)

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,169

Re: 2019-2020 College/Draft thread (Part 4) 

Post#1701 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat May 23, 2020 5:13 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
knickstape21 wrote:Poku needs to seriously be considered. Looks like he has an actual feel for the game along with skill to build on.

What's his future position? Unpowerful Forward? :D

Someone get this kid some cheeseburgers. Makes KP look like Ronnie Coleman.

Unpowerful forward :rofl:

It appeared to me that the kid has some higher level skills and court vision. Giannis came into the league looking like skin and bones too. But I really know very little about him ... like his height, weight, age, euro league he plays in, his criminal history, ties to Putin?
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,794

Post#1702 » by thebuzzardman » Sat May 23, 2020 5:15 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
knickstape21 wrote:Poku needs to seriously be considered. Looks like he has an actual feel for the game along with skill to build on.

It appeared to me that the kid has some higher level skills and court vision. Giannis came into the league looking like skin and bones too. But I really know very little about him ... like his height, weight, age, euro league he plays in, his criminal history, ties to Putin?

He actually seems to have that in between SF/PF game that KP wished he had and tried to play as, where KP really seems to be a PF/C
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 47,851

Post#1703 » by robillionaire » Sat May 23, 2020 5:15 pm

jvsimonetti0514 wrote:Poku is the type of versatile big you need to win in the NBA. Can shoot, guard the perimeter, pass a little bit, and dribble the ball. He looks way more fluid than even KP did looked overseas. I’m pretty sure he’s playing in the same league that Giannis did in Greece. It’s really tough to judge him Because he’s doing it against scrubs. That’s why they say Freak fell so far because they couldn’t judge him against that level of competition. Top 10 would be way too big of a risk for us but if we can find a way to move up into the teens I would take that leap of faith.

That was what I was most impressed with about him is his passing. KP still can't pass, great 3 point shooting and shot blocking but his ability to pass has been poor. Not to say this guy will pass as good as jokic or anything but he looks decent in that department and willing to pass
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1704 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat May 23, 2020 5:32 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

He actually seems to have that in between SF/PF game that KP wished he had and tried to play as, where KP really seems to be a PF/C

Is he being discussed as a lottery pick or mid/late first round pick?
POSTING POLICIES:
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
knickstape21
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,738

Post#1705 » by knickstape21 » Sat May 23, 2020 5:34 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:

Haha give the kid some time, man!
knickstape21
Assistant Coach

Post#1706 » by knickstape21 » Sat May 23, 2020 5:36 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

All over the place, but seems to be rising into the teens.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1707 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat May 23, 2020 5:40 pm

knickstape21 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

All over the place, but seems to be rising into the teens.

Has he played against high level euro talent or was this a shyt league?
POSTING POLICIES:
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 32,467

Post#1708 » by TheGreenArrow » Sat May 23, 2020 6:49 pm

Enough of this bs I’ve seen this a million times.

Leon if LaMelo is your guy you better go get him.

Hopefully Leon has the balls to do what needs to be done.
NewYorkOrNoWhere!!!!!!!!!!!!
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 42,990

Post#1709 » by DaGawd » Sat May 23, 2020 6:51 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:Enough of this bs I’ve seen this a million times.

We got the gawd father Lavar pulling strings behind closed doors . We got this.. Lavar gets what he wants
BaF
Washington Wizards
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,609

Post#1710 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat May 23, 2020 6:59 pm

Poku looks a lot like Bender. I guess I wouldn’t mind him with our second round pick
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
robillionaire
RealGM

Post#1711 » by robillionaire » Sat May 23, 2020 7:04 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:Poku looks a lot like Bender. I guess I wouldn’t mind him with our second round pick

Yeah, I wouldn't want to take him 10-20 like some projections but 27 isn't that big of a reach really
robillionaire
RealGM

Post#1712 » by robillionaire » Sat May 23, 2020 7:05 pm

DaGawd wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:Enough of this bs I’ve seen this a million times.

We got the gawd father Lavar pulling strings behind closed doors . We got this.. Lavar gets what he wants

All we need is Lavar to come out and start calling Cleveland Detroit and Minneapolis shithole cities and that will help the process
robillionaire
RealGM

Post#1713 » by robillionaire » Sat May 23, 2020 7:20 pm

I was worried about this Perrin guy but I'm glad to see he knows what he's doing
knickstape21
Assistant Coach

Post#1714 » by knickstape21 » Sat May 23, 2020 7:44 pm

Nahhh Poku plays with much more creativity and bounce/swag than Bender.
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Post#1715 » by WargamesX » Sat May 23, 2020 8:01 pm

That’s strong language from Berman so I am assuming it’s fact. Most rumors use a lot more open ended language.

Hopefully if that is the case the lottery works in our favor for once.

Depending on if the Warriors get that #1 pick I could see us taking Wiggins contract and keeping both lottery picks (theirs and ours). As assets go if we’re being brutally honest the most valuable assets we have is cap space and picks. If we were to take Wiggins to move up and not keep our own lottery pick I would be legit disappointed. Ball isn’t worth that. Wiggins would be all our available cap space and there would be no way to use that space beyond him to improve the roster.

#1, Wiggins, for Clippers pick & Mavs 2023 pick (Protected 1-10)
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,236

Post#1716 » by Zenzibar » Sat May 23, 2020 9:04 pm

jvsimonetti0514 wrote:Poku is the type of versatile big you need to win in the NBA. Can shoot, guard the perimeter, pass a little bit, and dribble the ball. He looks way more fluid than even KP did looked overseas. I’m pretty sure he’s playing in the same league that Giannis did in Greece. It’s really tough to judge him Because he’s doing it against scrubs. That’s why they say Freak fell so far because they couldn’t judge him against that level of competition. Top 10 would be way too big of a risk for us but if we can find a way to move up into the teens I would take that leap of faith.

Seems like alot more people are talking about this kid.

Looks like he has the sleeper look and one that Walt Perrin would already have eyes on. Mind you he JUST turned 18, which means he'll still be in high school in the states... Talk about reaching into the high school ranks :wink:

http://www.nbadraftroom.com/p/2020-nba-mock-draft.html has him at 20 as a "Poor man's KP" at 17yrs old. Didn't know KP had a little brother. :lol:

A lanky, versatile big forward with a high skill level and a lot of promise. Has a nice feel for the game, really knows how to pass the ball and make the right decisions.

Has a promising 3pt shot, although still inconsistent, and projects as a floor spacing, catch and shoot big.

Gets up and down the floor well and shows a lot of agility for a near -7-footer.

Has good footwork in the paint and can score with his back to the basket and from mid range.

Comparisons: faster Raef LaFrentz (?) :crazy:

Mind you, if we fall to 10+, we should be looking hard at this pick for Aleksej "Poku" Pokusevski. A great pick at the early teens, and then there's a lull in known prospects and picks up again around 22-24th pick.

Further thoughts?
jvsimonetti0514
General Manager
And1: 7,761

Post#1717 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Sat May 23, 2020 9:18 pm

WargamesX wrote:That’s strong language from Berman so I am assuming it’s fact. Most rumors use a lot more open ended language.

Depending on if the Warriors get that #1 pick I could see us taking Wiggins contract and keeping both lottery picks (theirs and ours). As assets go if we’re being brutally honest the most valuable assets we have is cap space and picks. If we were to take Wiggins to move up and not keep our own lottery pick I would be legit disappointed. Ball isn’t worth that. Wiggins would be all our available cap space and there would be no way to use that space beyond him to improve the roster.

I just have a hard time believing they’d give up a lottery pick to dump a contract. I don’t care how much money they’ll save cuz that’s like a Steve Mills plan of bad asset management.

Even if they don’t stay at 1 that would be a steal for us. Let’s say they fall to 3 or 4 and we end up at 7. We could package those two picks for that godfather LaMelo deal or end up with two top 10 picks in the draft. It’s pretty much a win either way.
I'm apart of a Knicks podcast! You Should check it out!
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,236

Post#1718 » by Zenzibar » Sat May 23, 2020 9:28 pm

jvsimonetti0514 wrote:
WargamesX wrote:That’s strong language from Berman so I am assuming it’s fact. Most rumors use a lot more open ended language.

I just have a hard time believing they’d give up a lottery pick to dump a contract. I don’t care how much money they’ll save cuz that’s like a Steve Mills plan of bad asset management.

Even if they don’t stay at 1 that would be a steal for us. Let’s say they fall to 3 or 4 and we end up at 7. We could package those two picks for that godfather LaMelo deal or end up with two top 10 picks in the draft. It’s pretty much a win either way.

LaMelo is not that certain of a star power his first year and those picks are SUPER valuable. Better idea is to use them on a young talent already in the NBA.

But even if we fall off top 5, let's take the better of the remaining top talent left. No worries, Walt Perrin and Frank Zanin's addition is going to elevate our talent evaluation IQ to another level. Exciting times to be a Knicks fan.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 99,643

Post#1719 » by mpharris36 » Sat May 23, 2020 9:30 pm

knickstape21 wrote:Nahhh Poku plays with much more creativity and bounce/swag than Bender.

bender is a stiff

Poku is a much more fluid athlete.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,794

Post#1720 » by thebuzzardman » Sat May 23, 2020 10:00 pm

I don't trust Berman for sh*t, but hopefully that article is the beginning of a whisper campaign by LaVar that gets more overt the closer actual draft day comes.

F*ck it.
It's happened before in Football, I think a couple of times. Eli Manning comes to mind.

Return to New York Knicks