We were plotting for 2 or 3 hours how to stop Lebron - Perkins calls out Pierce

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Kingdibs19
Starter
And1: 3,613

We were plotting for 2 or 3 hours how to stop Lebron - Perkins calls out Pierce 

Post#1 » by Kingdibs19 » Sat May 23, 2020 4:01 pm

:lol: This whole video is hilarious

Quote starts at 27:30

thebigbird
Head Coach
And1: 19,952

Re: We were plotting for 2 or 3 hours how to stop Lebron - Perkins calls out Pierce 

Post#2 » by thebigbird » Sat May 23, 2020 4:16 pm

Paul Pierce is a legend in his own mind. He's going to become known more for his outlandish takes than his playing career if he's not careful.
Cavsfansince84
RealGM
And1: 10,295

Re: We were plotting for 2 or 3 hours how to stop Lebron - Perkins calls out Pierce 

Post#3 » by Cavsfansince84 » Sat May 23, 2020 4:26 pm

Pierce went out of his way to try and spite LeBron starting in LeBron's rookie year. People forget that Pierce felt he was disrespected and underrated beginning in his own rookie year when he wasn't drafted as high as he thought he should be. So he always had that chip on his shoulder and then when he saw this hs kid coming up getting more hype than just about anyone ever I think it without a doubt rubbed him the wrong way. Someone else posted the incident where he spat at the Cavs bench during LeBron's rookie year and that doesn't even touch all the trash talk that went on on the court. LeBron and Pierce had an ongoing feud for about 15 years and I'm sure it still continues today even though Pierce probably doesn't care as much as he used to. Pierce always thought he was right there on LeBron's level.
anatomicbomb
Sixth Man
And1: 1,208

Post#4 » by anatomicbomb » Sat May 23, 2020 4:37 pm

The Lie

His face when Perkins goes off is priceless.

Spoiler:
Everything is practice.
levon
RealGM
And1: 23,189

Post#5 » by levon » Sat May 23, 2020 4:40 pm

Kingdibs19
Starter
And1: 3,613

Post#6 » by Kingdibs19 » Sat May 23, 2020 4:41 pm

For those that didn’t watch video:

Perkins: For you to match up with a guy 69 times and you know how we was in that locker room during those times when we were battling Lebron. And we were plotting for 2 or 3 hours on how to stop that **** freight train and you know this! And for you to come on here and really say that **** isn’t top 5? It’s crazy to me! You know the hours **** Thibodeau and Doc Rivers put in to stop this fool! Huh!?

Pierce: *awkwardly fake laughs

Jay Williams: *giddy as a schoolgirl
DaPessimist
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,501

Post#7 » by DaPessimist » Sat May 23, 2020 5:02 pm

These guys are worth millions of dollars and can't even buy a decent microphone.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#8 » by Sixerscan » Sat May 23, 2020 5:08 pm

Cavsfansince84 wrote:Pierce went out of his way to try and spite LeBron starting in LeBron's rookie year. People forget that Pierce felt he was disrespected and underrated beginning in his own rookie year when he wasn't drafted as high as he thought he should be. So he always had that chip on his shoulder and then when he saw this hs kid coming up getting more hype than just about anyone ever I think it without a doubt rubbed him the wrong way. Someone else posted the incident where he spat at the Cavs bench during LeBron's rookie year and that doesn't even touch all the trash talk that went on on the court. LeBron and Pierce had an ongoing feud for about 15 years and I'm sure it still continues today even though Pierce probably doesn't care as much as he used to.

I'm not sure if it's a feud as much as Pierce has just acted like a huge jerk toward lebron over the years. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall Lebron doing anything to Pierce other than be better at basketball and get more attention than him.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,006

Post#9 » by HMFFL » Sat May 23, 2020 5:33 pm

thebigbird wrote:Paul Pierce is a legend in his own mind. He's going to become known more for his outlandish takes than his playing career if he's not careful.
I don't think it matters at this point
He's getting paid with his new career and his NBA career has ended (Champion & HOF). When I say ended, I don't believe he will ever have a significant role with an organization. TV is best suited for him even if I don't care for him.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
Cavsfansince84
RealGM
And1: 10,295

Post#10 » by Cavsfansince84 » Sat May 23, 2020 6:30 pm

Sixerscan wrote:I'm not sure if it's a feud as much as Pierce has just acted like a huge jerk toward lebron over the years. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall Lebron doing anything to Pierce other than be better at basketball and get more attention than him.

I think the combination of Pierce being a jerk and the Celtics knocking the Cavs out in 08 and 2010 made it into a feud. It felt that way to me as Cavs fan. I knew LeBron hated them and that they relished beating those Cavs teams.
homecourtloss
RealGM
And1: 17,687

Post#11 » by homecourtloss » Sat May 23, 2020 6:46 pm

anatomicbomb wrote:The Lie

His face when Perkins goes off is priceless.

:lol: Can’t mask the moment of truth look
lessthanjake wrote:Kyrie was extremely impactful without LeBron, and basically had zero impact whatsoever if LeBron was on the court.

lessthanjake wrote: By playing in a way that prevents Kyrie from getting much impact, LeBron ensures that controlling for Kyrie has limited effect…

Return to The General Board