ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Where can I find car meets with younger crowds in Toronto?

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Clay Davis
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,688

Re: OT: Where can I find car meets with younger crowds in Toronto? 

Post#41 » by Clay Davis » Thu May 21, 2020 7:05 pm

Kennedy Commons. Please draw as much attention to the degenerates who speed down Lawrence with their malfunctioning mufflers and obnoxious motorbikes. Pensively musing on how nice it would be if they crashed hasn't brought me either peace or satisfaction.

Sent from my SM-A520W using RealGM mobile app
Steelo Green wrote:People are expecting way too much from Barnes out of the get go. He is a project player who will need 2-3 years before he makes a major impact.
Caboclo
Pro Prospect
And1: 2,460

Post#42 » by Caboclo » Thu May 21, 2020 11:03 pm

You guys crack me up. I'm just a guy who recently got my first car and have a bit of cabin fever from staying in for too long. I've got a few older friends who are into classic cars, but they are into vintage restoration projects which I have no interest in. (I've noticed life changes significantly once married and settled down)

I'm in Hamilton, so I'm a bit further away from the GTA, and not familiar with the local car scene.

Lot's of hate in the car community so I decided to not post my car build. (and yes I'm guilty myself too with my first post :lol: )

To all those to replied seriously, thank you.
Chpwags
Bench Warmer
And1: 144

Post#43 » by Chpwags » Fri May 22, 2020 12:48 am

You are as close to Cayugua as you are to Toronto. Go to Toronto Motorsports park in Cayuga and take your car down the track in a safe and legal environment.
Caboclo
Pro Prospect

Post#44 » by Caboclo » Fri May 22, 2020 2:25 am

Chpwags wrote:You are as close to Cayugua as you are to Toronto. Go to Toronto Motorsports park in Cayuga and take your car down the track in a safe and legal environment.

I'm not nearly hurting from the lack of being able to drive my car, as I am from the social isolation. I have a very gregarious personality, bit hard to lockdown, but have been trying my best. Like the other person said, car meets are pretty safe activity, given that we are all in cars and not huddled together.

Though, me and a friend went down to the local park and played a little 2-on-2 with another 2 guys there, which was really nice, but I don't forsee being able to play pickup nearly on the same level as I did pre-covid, for the forseeable future.
TdotRap4Lyfe
General Manager
And1: 5,079

Post#45 » by TdotRap4Lyfe » Fri May 22, 2020 8:19 am

Sounds like feds trying to be hip, from the post lmao.
Credits to Jstock12
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,345

Post#46 » by Johnny Bball » Fri May 22, 2020 11:10 am

BilboBanginz wrote:As someone from rural Nova Scotia, when I hear "car meets" I immediately think of people like this:

Well if it ain’t including muscle cars or classic cars, and it sure isn’t Ferrari and lambos sitting around in a parking lot.... seems to me It’s the same here, just have to Include Subarus.

OP, just rewatch all nine fast and furious movies, and watch Tokyo drift twice. They’ll make you feel part of the family. That should get you through this.

And I would guess Georgetown.
Young Moosehead
Veteran
And1: 4,025

Post#47 » by Young Moosehead » Fri May 22, 2020 12:30 pm

TdotRap4Lyfe wrote:Sounds like feds trying to be hip, from the post lmao.

“It’s like being the ugly step child… I’m 6’9 in my heart.” - FVV
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 32,812

Post#49 » by Reeko » Sat May 23, 2020 7:14 pm

I saw this a few hours ago and immediately thought the same thing. Caboclo is a Peel Regional Officer confirmed.
Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.
Aventador
Head Coach
And1: 3,451

Post#50 » by Aventador » Sat May 23, 2020 9:45 pm

you guys actually think the OP is serious? seems like a troll post to me.
themailman
Junior
And1: 223

Post#51 » by themailman » Sun May 24, 2020 5:09 am

Reeko wrote:

I saw this a few hours ago and immediately thought the same thing. Caboclo is a Peel Regional Officer confirmed.

No deal peel confirmed. He's one of the Cowboys of peel
Lord_Zedd
RealGM
And1: 19,760

Post#52 » by Lord_Zedd » Sun May 24, 2020 5:15 am

Reeko wrote:

LOL and I'm the one who told him to goto Heartland Town Center
themailman
Junior
And1: 223

Post#53 » by themailman » Sun May 24, 2020 5:20 am

Lord_Zedd wrote:
Reeko wrote:

Your an informant. You never got paid.

Next time choose witness protection. 1800 222 tips
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 32,812

Post#54 » by Reeko » Sun May 24, 2020 5:23 am

Lord_Zedd wrote:
Reeko wrote:

Well at least now we know. So next time he makes a thread and asks about "any weed dealers we might know because he finds legal dispensaries a little too snobby, oh and if they happen to also sell molly even better because this lockdown has him feeling depressed," we know what his real agenda is.
Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.
bballsparkin
General Manager
And1: 7,422

Post#55 » by bballsparkin » Sun May 24, 2020 6:34 am

Caboclo wrote:
Though, me and a friend went down to the local park and played a little 2-on-2 with another 2 guys there, which was really nice, but I don't forsee being able to play pickup nearly on the same level as I did pre-covid, for the forseeable future.

I heard on the radio shooting hoops is fine as long as you keep 6 feet distance. Don't want one of those crazy fines.
bballsparkin
General Manager
And1: 7,422

Post#56 » by bballsparkin » Sun May 24, 2020 6:37 am

https://driving.ca/ford/auto-news/news/young-b-c-driver-showing-off-drifts-brand-new-ford-mustang-into-a-river

It all started when a group of friends met up near a Tim Hortons by a local mall. According to people familiar with the incident, the young and inexperienced driver decided to attempt to drift the Ford Mustang to show off his prowess — or rather, the lack of.
:lol:
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,313

Post#57 » by mtcan » Sun May 24, 2020 10:04 am

bballsparkin wrote:
Caboclo wrote:

I heard on the radio shooting hoops is fine as long as you keep 6 feet distance. Don't want one of those crazy fines.

You're describing the modern NBA. :lol:
Brinbe
RealGM
And1: 35,276

Post#58 » by Brinbe » Sun May 24, 2020 12:44 pm

lol mississauga car culture is so funny to me as someone living downtown as far divorced from that as possible. my cousin's live near heartland, so i'm well-acquainted with the friday/saturday night tim's meets. and i'm like... why?

but then we have idiots congregating at bellwoods, so we're not immune from it
Caboclo
Pro Prospect

Post#59 » by Caboclo » Sun May 24, 2020 3:29 pm

Not sure if you guys are just yankin my chain or not but,

I'm not a cop!

This post is 100% serious.

Funny though, since I was actually just driving back from my buddy's place last night and saw 2 different car meets in empty parking lots (one for mustangs and one for STI's) However, it was a bit awkward since I do drive a charger, and they all thought I was a cop. (despite being brightly colored and with a stripe)......I tried to introduce myself but both times, they denied to it being a car meet and became all awkward so i left lol. :banghead:
ontnut
RealGM
And1: 7,987

Post#60 » by ontnut » Sun May 24, 2020 5:01 pm

Caboclo wrote:Not sure if you guys are just yankin my chain or not but,

I'm not a cop!

This post is 100% serious.

Funny though, since I was actually just driving back from my buddy's place last night and saw 2 different car meets in empty parking lots (one for mustangs and one for STI's) However, it was a bit awkward since I do drive a charger, and they all thought I was a cop. (despite being brightly colored and with a stripe)......I tried to introduce myself but both times, they denied to it being a car meet and became all awkward so i left lol. :banghead:

Dominic Toretto working with the cops confirmed.

Return to Toronto Raptors