ATL - Season Resumes page 87

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

PackAttack9
Senior
And1: 224

Re: ATL - RIP Jerry Sloan - Page 77 

Post#1541 » by PackAttack9 » Fri May 22, 2020 6:40 pm

JayMKE wrote:RIP coach

I knew he was quite ill for some time, Bucks wanted to hire him instead of Larry Drew. Imagine that!

Revisionist history omg my head is spinning.... First off no way we out tank the Sixers that year.

Sloan coaching Giannis his rookie season :nod:
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,651

Post#1542 » by MikeIsGood » Fri May 22, 2020 7:53 pm

I wasn't aware (or didn't recall) he was suffering from Parkinson's. RIP.
Perishable517
Analyst
And1: 1,936

Re: ATL - Amick - League to lose $900 million in TV money if no playoffs pg. 69 

Post#1543 » by Perishable517 » Fri May 22, 2020 10:07 pm

Sid works. I'd put Sid over Ray and have Bobby D. or Marques. Marques over Bobby D. if this went by position.
jimmybones wrote:
jschligs wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:Who the hell put ESPN's best Mavs lineup together?

G: Derek Harper
G: Jason Terry
G: Rolando Blackman
F: Mark Aguirre
F: Dirk Nowitzki

Jason Terry over 2x all-star (which was too few) Michael Finley? And if he's included because he got a ring and Finley didn't, then why isn't Kidd (4x all-star with Dallas - split beginning/end of career) on the list ahead of Harper?

They outright state this in their 'toughest cuts', but they cut the wrong two guys.

ETA: They also included Draymond Green over Rick Barry and Chris Mullin on the Warriors. Lord. Maybe I'm missing what they're going for - they clearly aren't looking for the best players.

Idk but did you see that Bucks line up? Would terrorize the league.

Oscar
Sidney
Ray
Giannis
Kareem

:o

Oscar, Giannis and Kareem is an insane big 3. Ray would snipe. I was born in 84 so I was a little young to see the 80s glory days teams. Do you guys agree with Sid as the other guy? Could an argument be made for Marques or Pressey?

If we expand it to 12 you'd have some fun options to add some serious scoring off the bench with Cassell, Redd, Midds, Big Dog. If we expand it to a 9 or 10 man rotation what would your roster be?

Sent from my HTC U11 using RealGM mobile app
" If you take away the alc l r g on Malcolm Brogdon is Mom Bod :("
- emunney

"I’d place the phone directly between my cheeks while I let one rip right in John Hammond’s ear."
- BroncoBuck
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,958

Post#1544 » by ReasonablySober » Fri May 22, 2020 11:02 pm

Read on Twitter

chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,643

Post#1545 » by chonestown » Sat May 23, 2020 1:12 am

Stand tall, Hoya. Pat Ewing is a strong brother. Get familiar with his time as a prep in Boston. Pat stood strong and tall against dark forces before he hit the District. Probably the most significant college baller of my lifetime. Hard to overstate how large he loomed over the landscape.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

MickeyDavis: "OT Pants is gone forever. Cherish the Memory." (3/28/23)
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#1546 » by Chuck Diesel » Sat May 23, 2020 2:46 am

Rewatched the 1992, 2000 & 2008 Gold Medal games. More than anything it really made me appreciate how **** good the all time greats were in their primes. Hope to organize all my thoughts in a longer post later but for now I'll just say-

Not only can Draymond Green not sit at Charles Barkley's table, he's not permitted within 300 yards of the restaurant. I'd somehow never seen a full game of prime Chuck as an adult. Was like Zion mixed with the best version of Lamar Odom. Absolutely filthy. In Draymond's prime of 2016 he could barely get off the bench for a much worse Olympic squad. Charles was the best player on the Dream Team. Not a debate.
chonestown
General Manager

Post#1547 » by chonestown » Sat May 23, 2020 3:51 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:Rewatched the 1992, 2000 & 2008 Gold Medal games. More than anything it really made me appreciate how **** good the all time greats were in their primes. Hope to organize all my thoughts in a longer post later but for now I'll just say-

Not only can Draymond Green not sit at Charles Barkley's table, he's not permitted within 300 yards of the restaurant. I'd somehow never seen a full game of prime Chuck as an adult. Was like Zion mixed with the best version of Lamar Odom. Absolutely filthy. In Draymond's prime of 2016 he could barely get off the bench for a much worse Olympic squad. Charles was the best player on the Dream Team. Not a debate.

Karl Malone is probably the better power forward but Barkley was a better watch. Philly Charles was a mix of power, terror and comedy.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,958

Post#1548 » by ReasonablySober » Sat May 23, 2020 3:55 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:Not only can Draymond Green not sit at Charles Barkley's table, he's not permitted within 300 yards of the restaurant.

But it'd be worth it to watch Chuck throw him out of the restaurant's window.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,000

Post#1549 » by paulpressey25 » Sat May 23, 2020 5:13 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:
Not only can Draymond Green not sit at Charles Barkley's table, he's not permitted within 300 yards of the restaurant. I'd somehow never seen a full game of prime Chuck as an adult.

Old man nostalgia. During the 1984 Olympic tryouts, Barkley was supposed to make the team, but Bobby Knight just didn't want him around because of perceived chemistry problems. Young Chuck was a bit rambunctious.

I remember later watching Barkley as a rookie take a rebound and go coast to coast with it. League has never seen such a big fat guy do that. Players with his body type just didn't do things like that back then.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,000

Post#1550 » by paulpressey25 » Sat May 23, 2020 5:14 pm

chonestown wrote:
Karl Malone is probably the better power forward

I think the world has forgotten Karl Malone. Felt like he'd drop a 40/15 on the Bucks any night he felt like it. He was just a machine wasn't he?
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
chonestown
General Manager

Post#1551 » by chonestown » Sat May 23, 2020 5:48 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
chonestown wrote:

I think the world has forgotten Karl Malone. Felt like he'd drop a 40/15 on the Bucks any night he felt like it. He was just a machine wasn't he?

He was a machine which is precisely why he wasn't loved. Barkley was humanity in all its glorious messiness. Malone garnered appreciation, Barkley summoned passion.

midranger
RealGM
And1: 9,989

Post#1552 » by midranger » Sat May 23, 2020 7:28 pm

chonestown wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:
chonestown wrote:

He was a machine which is precisely why he wasn't loved. Barkley was humanity in all its glorious messiness. Malone garnered appreciation, Barkley summoned passion.

Well, and that other thing....
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
chonestown
General Manager

Post#1553 » by chonestown » Sat May 23, 2020 11:28 pm

Deliver the content to me with as little interference between the implement and the bloodstream!
https://nypost.com/2020/05/23/michael-jordan-accused-of-even-more-lies-in-last-dance/?utm_source=twitter_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site%20buttons&utm_campaign=site%20buttons

“The pizza thing — the poison — that was complete nonsense,” Smith said. “There were a couple of other things like that I won’t go into. They weren’t major, but the thing at the end [about Jordan returning to play in 1998-99] was a complete, blatant lie. I know what happened.”

“That was a complete and blatant lie by Michael,” Smith said Thursday on 95.7 The Game. “There were several things in the documentary that I saw, I would know, that he made up or he lied about. They weren’t major things, but it was like when a TV movie comes on and they say, ‘this is based on a true story.’ That’s what that was. It was based on a true story.”

Say what you will about "Space Jam." It had a preposterous storyline, it squandered the improvisatory acumen of Shawn Bradley, it couldn't find room for nary a DITC deep cut, but at least its running time was brief and made no claims to objectivity.

Mike Jeff's eyes are eerily similar in color to the vanity label tequilla accompanying him throughout TLD. "Be Like Mike?" No sir, I practice good manners, sensible alcohol consumption and properly-sized pants.

FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,256

Post#1554 » by FlagsFlyForever » Sat May 23, 2020 11:48 pm

chonestown wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:
chonestown wrote:

He's not loved for other reasons we don't need to get into. On the court, Stockton helped him a ton. That pick and roll was unstoppable. I would love to know how good Stockton or Malone would've been without each other. Both would still be Hall of Famers but it's difficult to tell how much they were helped by each other because they both had incredible durability. For example, Stockton averaged more assists per game in the games Malone missed, but that was only 8 games over 18 seasons.
Read on Twitter
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,631

Post#1555 » by StickeeFingaz » Sun May 24, 2020 6:39 pm

Big news, Jon Leuer announced his retirement.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,868

Post#1556 » by Turk Nowitzki » Sun May 24, 2020 8:15 pm

StickeeFingaz wrote:Big news, Jon Leuer announced his retirement.

Leuer hit the absolute lotto being a free agent the year the cap spiked. Got his $40 million from the Pistons, retire at 31, be set for life.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#1557 » by Chuck Diesel » Sun May 24, 2020 8:31 pm

I understand why they don’t, but I always root for guys like Leuer to give the Europe a try once they’ve washed out of the NBA. Could tack on half a decade of high level basketball to their careers.
KendallMarshall
Sophomore
And1: 102

Post#1558 » by KendallMarshall » Sun May 24, 2020 8:34 pm

Anyone else annoyed during the last dance the timeline would go from 1991 to 1998 to 1992, etc?
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,729

Post#1559 » by Licensed to Il » Sun May 24, 2020 9:00 pm

Guys like Karl Malone are impossible to defend.. he can murder you from mid range, can get around lumbering oafs, and is just too powerful for any wing. He is overlooked because he didn’t really have great highlights, tons of points off 15 footers and layups and putbacks.

Both (Barkley and Malone) were good enough to win MVPs over prime Jordan (though voter fatigue played a part in that).

Both were better players than are remembered as.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,924

Post#1560 » by Jez2983 » Mon May 25, 2020 4:13 am

Licensed to Il wrote:Guys like Karl Malone are impossible to defend.. he can murder you from mid range, can get around lumbering oafs, and is just too powerful for any wing. He is overlooked because he didn’t really have great highlights, tons of points off 15 footers and layups and putbacks.

Both (Barkley and Malone) were good enough to win MVPs over prime Jordan (though voter fatigue played a part in that).

Both were better players than are remembered as.

It's pretty incredible to imagine those guys in today's game. He'd be a really interesting small ball C. Shaq with 4 shooters and so on.

Probably a bit sad because Mutumbo who was my favourite player would be Clint Capela...
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"

Return to Milwaukee Bucks