ImageImageImage

Deividas Sirvydis signs long-term deal in Israel

Moderators: Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

flow
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,339

Deividas Sirvydis signs long-term deal in Israel 

Post#1 » by flow » Sat May 23, 2020 10:01 pm

https://www.eurohoops.net/en/fiba-champions-league/1062633/hapoel-jerusalem-signs-deividas-sirvydis-to-long-term-contract/

*Just as a reminder, we traded pick #30 to the Cavs for 4 second round picks, 3 of which we then traded away to move up in the second for this kid.
Invictus88
Analyst
And1: 1,665

Re: Deividas Sirvydis signs long-term deal in Israel 

Post#2 » by Invictus88 » Sun May 24, 2020 12:02 am

flow wrote:https://www.eurohoops.net/en/fiba-champions-league/1062633/hapoel-jerusalem-signs-deividas-sirvydis-to-long-term-contract/

*Just as a reminder, we traded pick #30 to the Cavs for 4 second round picks, 3 of which we then traded away to move up in the second for this kid.

It's hard to tell what to make of this as we don't know the contract terms / how easy it would be for the Pistons to secure him if they choose to do so. Do we know how Hapoel Jerusalem compares with the Lithuanian team he was on in terms of competition?
DetroitDon15
General Manager
And1: 476

Post#3 » by DetroitDon15 » Sun May 24, 2020 4:09 am

Invictus88 wrote:
flow wrote:https://www.eurohoops.net/en/fiba-champions-league/1062633/hapoel-jerusalem-signs-deividas-sirvydis-to-long-term-contract/

It's hard to tell what to make of this as we don't know the contract terms / how easy it would be for the Pistons to secure him if they choose to do so. Do we know how Hapoel Jerusalem compares with the Lithuanian team he was on in terms of competition?

It’s not a huge deal for me. He’s at least three years from even making an NBA rotation. Personally, I’d like to see him spend a full year in the G-League to develop but he’ll make more money overseas.
Uncle Mxy
General Manager
And1: 1,927

Post#4 » by Uncle Mxy » Sun May 24, 2020 1:32 pm

Israeli basketball is scheduled to restart on June 20th. When is the NBA expected to start?

If I'm an international 2nd round draft pick, now would be a lousy time to enter the NBA and a good time to take long-term money when and where I can get it. Not sure if he's three years away, or three years away from being three years away, for that matter.
whitehops
General Manager
And1: 6,484

Post#5 » by whitehops » Sun May 24, 2020 10:29 pm

yeah without knowing the buyout clauses you can't really make much of this news. hopefully for us there's a cheap buyout option at the end of each year.
pistonsbball
Veteran
And1: 1,543

Post#6 » by pistonsbball » Mon May 25, 2020 12:00 pm

He's still only 19, for reference Manu Ginobili didn't come into the league until he was 25.

Hopefully we can bring him on as a role player for our 24-25 championship run.
DetroitDon15
General Manager

Post#7 » by DetroitDon15 » Mon May 25, 2020 2:22 pm

whitehops wrote:yeah without knowing the buyout clauses you can't really make much of this news. hopefully for us there's a cheap buyout option at the end of each year.

Probably not. If he has any type of buyout, it probably won’t be worth it at this point. No need to spend a lot of cash on a buyout for a guy who should he in the G-League.
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,101

Post#8 » by Kilo » Mon May 25, 2020 5:38 pm

If we used the #30 pick it would have been a guaranteed contract and with Chris Wood being our 15th man to start the season it very likely means he wouldn't have made the team.

Of course keeping #30 and Chris Wood with Khyri Thomas being the cut is hindsight 20/20 best case scenario but not likely at the break of camp.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,854

Post#9 » by MotownMadness » Tue May 26, 2020 12:49 pm

Awful trade, dont know why they went through all that to aquire him instead of just going with the better talent in KPJ
The_Irony
Lead Assistant
And1: 411

Post#10 » by The_Irony » Tue May 26, 2020 6:20 pm

Not saying kpj is the next donovan mitchell but hes the same age as deividas and far more advanced. This pick is a prime example of this organization simply REFUSING to draft talented wings who can create their own shot. The pistons have spent over a decade showcasing how behind the times they are in regards to evaluating talent. Sad state of affairs
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,786

Post#11 » by DBC10 » Tue May 26, 2020 6:28 pm

Ed got cute with the trades instead of just spending the 30th. I'd rather have seen KPJ challenging Luke for that wing spot and them pushing each other this season. Oh well
pistonpat
Freshman
And1: 47

Post#12 » by pistonpat » Tue May 26, 2020 7:06 pm

Just another HORRIBLE Pistons draft pick and the fact they traded down from the #30 spot and then used THREE 2nd round picks to only move up to get him just shows how inept the organization is. I saw him at summer league and this guy will be lucky to ever sniff the NBA.

One call out is this player was represented by Art Tellums son. So another example of not taking the best talent but possibly helping out an executive s son. Another wonder why we have been a perennial laughing stock under Gores.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#13 » by BadMofoPimp » Sat May 30, 2020 12:09 am

pistonpat wrote:Just another HORRIBLE Pistons draft pick and the fact they traded down from the #30 spot and then used THREE 2nd round picks to only move up to get him just shows how inept the organization is. I saw him at summer league and this guy will be lucky to ever sniff the NBA.

One call out is this player was represented by Art Tellums son. So another example of not taking the best talent but possibly helping out an executive s son. Another wonder why we have been a perennial laughing stock under Gores.

And, he probably made money off the Lituanian deal to boot!

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,222

Post#14 » by UcanUwill » Mon Jun 1, 2020 3:53 pm

I havent watched Rytas games in years, but based on stats and fan opinions, Sirvydis did not improve at all since last year, he was a huge disappointment this year, to a point Rytas accepted 200k buyout from Israeli team, even tho his NBA buyout supposed to be 600k. No one is expecting him to play in the NBA in a near future, he was barely an LKL player.
DetroitDon15
General Manager

Post#15 » by DetroitDon15 » Tue Jun 2, 2020 10:33 pm

UcanUwill wrote:I havent watched Rytas games in years, but based on stats and fan opinions, Sirvydis did not improve at all since last year, he was a huge disappointment this year, to a point Rytas accepted 200k buyout from Israeli team, even tho his NBA buyout supposed to be 600k. No one is expecting him to play in the NBA in a near future, he was barely an LKL player.

I think that being in the G-League might be the best for him. I really feel that the Pistons staff can help him grow. Playing a rotation piece overseas does Detroit and him no good.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,854

Post#16 » by MotownMadness » Wed Jun 3, 2020 7:33 pm

UcanUwill wrote:I havent watched Rytas games in years, but based on stats and fan opinions, Sirvydis did not improve at all since last year, he was a huge disappointment this year, to a point Rytas accepted 200k buyout from Israeli team, even tho his NBA buyout supposed to be 600k. No one is expecting him to play in the NBA in a near future, he was barely an LKL player.

Lovely

Return to Detroit Pistons