ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Ahmaud Arbery murdered in Georgia - DA Indicted!!! (Update p. 11))

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,939

Re: OT: Ahmoud Arbery murdered in Georgia (Trayvon 2.0) 

Post#181 » by Capn'O » Fri May 22, 2020 8:21 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
yeah, that's a scary one. and fears are justified. but it's not good to generalize. it's not like that was the NC state police. it was a county deputy and a group of [probably racist] **** who think they ARE the law.

that said, i know NC very well. it has some of the scariest backroads with some of the slaphappiest hilbilly cops i've ever seen. disproportionately so for such a well educated and progressive (for the south) state. there's some janky AF law enforcement. i seent it!

TBF, that's more of a city/rural thing I'd assume, where the cities are progressive but the rural areas are conservative, but the city population outnumbers the rural population so they're more progressive overall

Same thing with my state, we're pretty progressive overall cause we have a big city population but we have a lot of backwoods places that are as red as they get, and I live in one of those areas. Granted, our biggest city has less than 150 thousand people in it, but there's enough mid sized cities to balance out the rural areas

Progressive? What state is that, if you don't mind? I'm still trying to figure out where my next move will be. Let me guess. Oregon or Washington?

:lol: Our cities are bigger than that!
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,243

Post#182 » by DOT » Fri May 22, 2020 8:27 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
yeah, that's a scary one. and fears are justified. but it's not good to generalize. it's not like that was the NC state police. it was a county deputy and a group of [probably racist] **** who think they ARE the law.

that said, i know NC very well. it has some of the scariest backroads with some of the slaphappiest hilbilly cops i've ever seen. disproportionately so for such a well educated and progressive (for the south) state. there's some janky AF law enforcement. i seent it!

TBF, that's more of a city/rural thing I'd assume, where the cities are progressive but the rural areas are conservative, but the city population outnumbers the rural population so they're more progressive overall

Same thing with my state, we're pretty progressive overall cause we have a big city population but we have a lot of backwoods places that are as red as they get, and I live in one of those areas. Granted, our biggest city has less than 150 thousand people in it, but there's enough mid sized cities to balance out the rural areas

Progressive? What state is that, if you don't mind? I'm still trying to figure out where my next move will be. Let me guess. Oregon or Washington?

CT

At least, I assume we're pretty progressive, both our Senators and all our Reps are Dems who are all pretty safe, and despite having the least liked governor in the country (who was also a Dem) a couple years ago, we still elected another Dem, though it was kinda close, and Lamont isn't exactly progressive himself, but he's not regressive
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,611

Post#183 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri May 22, 2020 8:43 pm

K-DOT wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
K-DOT wrote:TBF, that's more of a city/rural thing I'd assume, where the cities are progressive but the rural areas are conservative, but the city population outnumbers the rural population so they're more progressive overall

CT

At least, I assume we're pretty progressive, both our Senators and all our Reps are Dems who are all pretty safe, and despite having the least liked governor in the country (who was also a Dem) a couple years ago, we still elected another Dem, though it was kinda close, and Lamont isn't exactly progressive himself, but he's not regressive

CT is the insurance industry state. Otherwise I don’t know much about it, oddly enough. I used to drive through It going back and forth to college. The one thin from CT which I will always be grateful to it for is the band NRBQ! Probably way before your time. But just a great rock and roll bar band.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#184 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri May 22, 2020 8:46 pm

Capn'O wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
K-DOT wrote:TBF, that's more of a city/rural thing I'd assume, where the cities are progressive but the rural areas are conservative, but the city population outnumbers the rural population so they're more progressive overall

Ouch! K-Dot, you gonna take that lying down? :lol:
Free Palestine
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,936

Post#185 » by Jeff Van Gully » Fri May 22, 2020 8:49 pm

ny-n-md wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:To all my black friends, stay the fck out of North Carolina. Check this chit out. :nonono:

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/05/11/us/dameon-shepard-armed-group-black-teen-north-carolina/index.html

I can’t believe this garbage still happens. They couldn’t arrest anybody? The whole mob needs to be charged and arrested to make sure this type of stuff doesn’t continue to happen. There has to be repercussions.

yeah. firing isn't enough. need to see some arrests and charges.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#186 » by DOT » Fri May 22, 2020 8:56 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Ouch! K-Dot, you gonna take that lying down? :lol:

It's not the size of the city that matters, it's how you use it
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#187 » by DOT » Fri May 22, 2020 9:02 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

CT

CT is the insurance industry state. Otherwise I don’t know much about it, oddly enough. I used to drive through It going back and forth to college. The one thin from CT which I will always be grateful to it for is the band NRBQ! Probably way before your time. But just a great rock and roll bar band.

Yeah, insurance is big here. We actually do a lot of military engineering, with Pratt & Whitney, Electric Boat, and Sikorsky. Fun fact, Sikorsky is where Marine One (president's helicopter) is built, and EB is the main submarine construction yard for the US. I know quite a few people who work at all three, they're pretty big industries here

Also, we serve as a tax haven for NYers who don't want to pay to live in the city, which is what the leg of the state is for
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#188 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat May 23, 2020 12:11 am

K-DOT wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
K-DOT wrote:CT

Yeah, insurance is big here. We actually do a lot of military engineering, with Pratt & Whitney, Electric Boat, and Sikorsky. Fun fact, Sikorsky is where Marine One (president's helicopter) is built, and EB is the main submarine construction yard for the US. I know quite a few people who work at all three, they're pretty big industries here

Also, we serve as a tax haven for NYers who don't want to pay to live in the city, which is what the leg of the state is for

Interesting. Massachusetts which is probably considered more progressive than CT is home to Raytheon which gets many government contracts for production of military weapons, I believe. It's been one of the criticism of Elizabeth Warren who has voted a few times (or more) in favor of Trump's military spending bills. Yet, Massachusetts is considered a progressive state. Even Washington and Oregon, once you get out into the real rural parts, it's ultra conservative with many militias to boot.
Free Palestine
blanko
Starter
And1: 1,143

Post#189 » by blanko » Mon May 25, 2020 8:02 am

I hope they stick those guys in jail and throw away the key.

Sent from my SM-N960N using Tapatalk
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,371

Post#190 » by robillionaire » Tue May 26, 2020 7:45 pm

Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,936

Post#191 » by Jeff Van Gully » Tue May 26, 2020 7:50 pm

absolutely sickening and infuriating
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#192 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Jun 4, 2020 5:55 pm

The McMichael son who murdered Ahmaud Arbery shouted a racial slur at him after shooting him.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ahmaud-arbery-hearing-racial-slur_n_5ed9105bc5b6fa6824c6cf85
Free Palestine
Jscratch1200
Sophomore
And1: 162

Post#193 » by Jscratch1200 » Thu Jun 4, 2020 6:16 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:The McMichael son who murdered Ahmaud Arbery shouted a racial slur at him after shooting him.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ahmaud-arbery-hearing-racial-slur_n_5ed9105bc5b6fa6824c6cf85
Thanks for article. It's important this case doesn't get lost in all of the other things going on right now. Too often people forget about things after a week or two.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#194 » by DOT » Thu Jun 4, 2020 7:19 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:The McMichael son who murdered Ahmaud Arbery shouted a racial slur at him after shooting him.

BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,371

Post#195 » by robillionaire » Thu Jun 4, 2020 7:52 pm

Saw that earlier. It's looking like they hunted Ahmoud Arbery down, almost for sport. Makes me sick to my stomach. But not surprised.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#196 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Jun 4, 2020 8:01 pm

robillionaire wrote:Saw that earlier. It's looking like they hunted Ahmoud Arbery down, almost for sport. Makes me sick to my stomach. But not surprised.

All of it is sickening. I still haven't watched Mr. Arbery's murder and I could only watch about 5 seconds of that officer driving his knee into Mr. Floyd's neck.

The only thing about this that warms my heart are the protesters. We need a revolution in the country badly. I only hope that it grows rather than die out.
Free Palestine
Lord Commander
Head Coach
And1: 1,601

Post#197 » by Lord Commander » Thu Jun 4, 2020 9:25 pm

blanko wrote:I hope they stick those guys in jail and throw away the key.

Sent from my SM-N960N using Tapatalk

Nah. Strap' em up and juice 'em.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,384

Post#198 » by Fat Kat » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:12 am

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#199 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:23 am

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

With animals, females, or children?
Free Palestine
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,384

Post#200 » by Fat Kat » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:09 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

With animals, females, or children?

Don’t know, but none of the above would surprise me.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®

Return to New York Knicks