ImageImage

ATL - Season Resumes page 87

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Re: ATL - RIP Jerry Sloan - Page 77 

Post#1561 » by Chuck Diesel » Mon May 25, 2020 4:41 am

Get what you’re saying, but Dikembe was much tougher than the Swissmen. Used to rock dudes with those elbows. Never wondered how much Deke cared the way you sometimes do with Clint.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,643

Post#1562 » by chonestown » Mon May 25, 2020 4:34 pm

So with Leuer now retired, which jersey will he don when inducted into Springfield? Storied career but a vagabond. These are the choices that will define Adam Silver as a commissioner.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

MickeyDavis: "OT Pants is gone forever. Cherish the Memory." (3/28/23)
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,223

Post#1563 » by MickeyDavis » Mon May 25, 2020 4:40 pm

chonestown wrote:So with Leuer now retired, which jersey will he don when inducted into Springfield? Storied career but a vagabond. These are the choices that will define Adam Silver as a commissioner.

He started and ended his NBA career as a Milwaukee Buck. He should go in as a Buck. He will join Kareem, Ray, Oscar, Sid, Tiny Archibald, Dave Cowens, Adrian Dantley, Alex English, Bob Lanier, Moses Malone, Gary Payton, Guy Rodgers and Jack Sikma in Springfield.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,917

Post#1564 » by stellation » Mon May 25, 2020 10:53 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
chonestown wrote:So with Leuer now retired, which jersey will he don when inducted into Springfield? Storied career but a vagabond. These are the choices that will define Adam Silver as a commissioner.

He started and ended his NBA career as a Milwaukee Buck. He should go in as a Buck. He will join Kareem, Ray, Oscar, Sid, Tiny Gallon, Dave Cowens, Adrian Dantley, Alex English, Bob Lanier, Moses Malone, Gary Payton, Guy Rodgers and Jack Sikma in Springfield.

Sneaky fixed it for you.
#FreeChuckDiesel
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,643

Post#1565 » by chonestown » Tue May 26, 2020 2:24 am

stellation wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:

He started and ended his NBA career as a Milwaukee Buck. He should go in as a Buck. He will join Kareem, Ray, Oscar, Sid, Tiny Gallon, Dave Cowens, Adrian Dantley, Alex English, Bob Lanier, Moses Malone, Gary Payton, Guy Rodgers and Jack Sikma in Springfield.

Sneaky fixed it for you.

TINES
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

MickeyDavis: "OT Pants is gone forever. Cherish the Memory." (3/28/23)
stellation
RealGM

Post#1566 » by stellation » Tue May 26, 2020 2:31 am

chonestown wrote:
stellation wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:He started and ended his NBA career as a Milwaukee Buck. He should go in as a Buck. He will join Kareem, Ray, Oscar, Sid, Tiny Gallon, Dave Cowens, Adrian Dantley, Alex English, Bob Lanier, Moses Malone, Gary Payton, Guy Rodgers and Jack Sikma in Springfield.

Sneaky fixed it for you.

TINES

It was the best of Tines, it was the worst of Tines. Presumably.
#FreeChuckDiesel
HurricaneKid
General Manager
And1: 5,034

Post#1567 » by HurricaneKid » Tue May 26, 2020 3:49 am

InGiannisITrust wrote:Anyone else annoyed during the last dance the timeline would go from 1991 to 1998 to 1992, etc?
Almost all the footage was from 98. They wanted to stretch it out as much as they could so they added back stories for all the major players.

I went out of my way to watch it late. I am massively disappointed in it so far and I'm blown away by its mediocrity. I grew up LOVING MJ. And this just isnt the MJ experience. This is the MJ version of the MJ experience.

Sent from my SM-G955U using RealGM mobile app
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,924

Post#1568 » by Jez2983 » Tue May 26, 2020 9:47 am

HurricaneKid wrote:
InGiannisITrust wrote:Anyone else annoyed during the last dance the timeline would go from 1991 to 1998 to 1992, etc?
Almost all the footage was from 98. They wanted to stretch it out as much as they could so they added back stories for all the major players.

I went out of my way to watch it late. I am massively disappointed in it so far and I'm blown away by its mediocrity. I grew up LOVING MJ. And this just isnt the MJ experience. This is the MJ version of the MJ experience.

I can see why you'd say this. I think it's fallen into a perfect storm of nostalgia and a void of sport. I enjoyed it but know that it's a very selective history. I was unaware of much outside the MJ and Rodman stories, and those I needed a reminder of.

The lack of Longley was generally galling. I think they basically couldn't be arsed telling his story and opted to spend their money on Electra instead. Maybe they felt Kerr had the role player angle covered.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,256

Post#1569 » by FlagsFlyForever » Tue May 26, 2020 10:31 am

MickeyDavis wrote:

He started and ended his NBA career as a Milwaukee Buck. He should go in as a Buck. He will join Kareem, Ray, Oscar, Sid, Tiny Archibald, Dave Cowens, Adrian Dantley, Alex English, Bob Lanier, Moses Malone, Gary Payton, Guy Rodgers and Jack Sikma in Springfield.

Let's not forget legendary Bucks player turned GM who drafted fellow Hall of Famers Julius Erving and Alex English and gave the first coaching job to a young former role player who went on to become the winningest coach in NBA history with an experimental style that changed the way the game was played.
Read on Twitter
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,710

Post#1570 » by AussieBuck » Tue May 26, 2020 10:50 am

Jez2983 wrote:
HurricaneKid wrote:

I can see why you'd say this. I think it's fallen into a perfect storm of nostalgia and a void of sport. I enjoyed it but know that it's a very selective history. I was unaware of much outside the MJ and Rodman stories, and those I needed a reminder of.

The lack of Longley was generally galling. I think they basically couldn't be arsed telling his story and opted to spend their money on Electra instead. Maybe they felt Kerr had the role player angle covered.

I'm guessing Luc either wasn't interested or they didn't want his version. Interestingly Luc is close to Phil but not at all to MJ.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,267

Post#1571 » by KidA24 » Tue May 26, 2020 11:47 am

Jez2983 wrote:
HurricaneKid wrote:

I heard a couple places Longley refused to interview for the doc. That's why there was so much of everyone else (plus, well, Kerr is much more recognizable).
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
Jez2983
RealGM

Post#1572 » by Jez2983 » Tue May 26, 2020 11:19 pm

KidA24 wrote:
Jez2983 wrote:
HurricaneKid wrote:Almost all the footage was from 98. They wanted to stretch it out as much as they could so they added back stories for all the major players.

I heard a couple places Longley refused to interview for the doc. That's why there was so much of everyone else (plus, well, Kerr is much more recognizable).

I wouldn't be surprised, Luc's a pretty private dude. Hehir himself said it was completely budgetary rather than any unwillingness to participate, hence my comment.

I think Luc's involvement would have been interesting. In the same way (for better or worse) Bogut spoke his mind I think Luc would have had some interesting things to say about Jordan. Maybe he wanted to avoid the post-show circus that Horace Grant seems to be being drawn into.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,728

Post#1573 » by Licensed to Il » Thu May 28, 2020 3:49 am

“Last Dance” was a treat, and it got me through a dark time. Im from Chicago, and didnt become a Bucks die hard till college at UWM in 1997.

Having declared all that, “Last Dance” was poorly constructed, handled MJ with kid gloves, and made the mistake of NFL “B team” announcers (acting like they are explaining some story line for the first time, despite the audience being mostly fanatics that already know the stories and personnel better than the network guys). I didn’t need the doc to explain why MJ and Pip got off to a slow start with Kukoc.. I needed to see more interviews learning Toni’s take on things. Give me more of the 98 footage. Give me more Phil and Pip and the straight shooters. I didnt need MJ to explain why he was an ass hole. I didnt need Willbon and Timberlake and Obama.

Loved the doc, but it will be remembered better than it was, due to its covid slot. Dang. I really wanted ten episodes on the 98 team.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,009

Post#1574 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Thu May 28, 2020 2:13 pm

stellation wrote:
chonestown wrote:
stellation wrote:Sneaky fixed it for you.

TINES

We were so thirtsy for a star we drafter Brandon Jennings friend to appease him.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,898

Post#1575 » by buckboy » Thu May 28, 2020 2:21 pm

My buddy and I saw Jerry Sloan in the Minneapolis airport a few years ago. My friend asked him to coach our YMCA team. He said he would if the price was right. He just deadpanned the whole thing. Outstanding.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
stellation
RealGM

Post#1576 » by stellation » Thu May 28, 2020 9:05 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:
stellation wrote:
chonestown wrote:
TINES

We were so thirtsy for a star we drafter Brandon Jennings friend to appease him.

People can be so ho hum about Andrew Boogaloot that they forget his Tines, Damir Markota, at least made it out of summer camp.
#FreeChuckDiesel
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,660

Post#1577 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri May 29, 2020 2:18 am

Read on Twitter

I'm happy to see Cuban say this. I don't see any reason a player shouldn't be able take a legal treatment for a major injury.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Jez2983
RealGM

Post#1578 » by Jez2983 » Mon Jun 1, 2020 11:43 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Read on Twitter

I'm happy to see Cuban say this. I don't see any reason a player shouldn't be able take a legal treatment for a major injury.

As I'm currently doing a University unit on bias in research, I think I can confidently say Cuban promoting a study he has funded is a source of bias :lol:

Not sure I'll have a chance to read that article any time soon, but the issue with steroids is the long term effects. We know steroids have benefit on short term recovery, that's not really new info. I can't see ethical approval to perform this on athletes due to issues with length of time steroids are used for.

It's also possible the HGH has a lesser-effect on higher level athletes. Article doesn't state what else they did in the 6/52 trial or how many (if any) patients withdrew from the study. I'm suspicious.

stellation
RealGM

Post#1579 » by stellation » Tue Jun 2, 2020 9:32 pm

Jez2983 wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Read on Twitter

As I'm currently doing a University unit on bias in research, I think I can confidently say Cuban promoting a study he has funded is a source of bias :lol:

Not sure I'll have a chance to read that article any time soon, but the issue with steroids is the long term effects. We know steroids have benefit on short term recovery, that's not really new info. I can't see ethical approval to perform this on athletes due to issues with length of time steroids are used for.

It's also possible the HGH has a lesser-effect on higher level athletes. Article doesn't state what else they did in the 6/52 trial or how many (if any) patients withdrew from the study. I'm suspicious.

Whatcha studyin', stud?
#FreeChuckDiesel
Jez2983
RealGM

Post#1580 » by Jez2983 » Wed Jun 3, 2020 11:44 am

Just my masters. As always around the time of assessment pieces I question why.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks