ImageImageImage

Random Thoughts XIX

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Re: Random Thoughts XIX 

Post#1101 » by goodboy » Mon May 25, 2020 11:25 pm

JaysRule15 wrote:tbh Connor goes at Khabib on twitter like once a week lol.

Hes a twitter dingleberry imho
Bright
goodboy
RealGM

Post#1102 » by goodboy » Mon May 25, 2020 11:26 pm

IggieCC wrote:
goodboy wrote:
IggieCC wrote:I'm sure getting stuff from China rn is difficult in general, but I'm 100% convinced that WISH is a scam site.

I've ordered over 10 items (LOL thanks coronavirus) since mid March and none has arrived. Which is fine. Stuff happens in life and so forth. But what I despise the most about WISH is how they keep changing the expected arrival time seemingly eternally and never own up to the fact that they cannot fulfill their orders sometimes. I don't want most of those items in freaking September. SMDH
Half of items I ordered had the initially estimated arrival date around mid April to early May, then it magically became mid-May as the original dates past, now late May to June. They should have said that those items' estimated arrival date is UNKNOWN then I'd have been more than happy to move along. Scammers. :x
And their "customer service" is 100% chatbots. As long as your items are within the estimate arrival date, which they will be forever, you are not getting any response but "be patient, coronavirus." Writing DMs yield just about the same results.

I'd advise against buying from oversea sellers in general rn (China in particular, I suppose). But at least I didn't have any problem getting refunds from foreign sellers via eBay, Amazon, Walmart and so forth when items end up not showing up. WISH is impossible. Stay away. I suspect places like Aliexpress would be equally bad if not worse.

How many did you get so far out of the 10

Wow, so I assume you'll get one each month. Keeping on your toes.

Shadow boxing early 2021
Bright
HeatFanLifer
General Manager
And1: 39,855

Post#1103 » by HeatFanLifer » Tue May 26, 2020 2:02 am

Seeing all these headlines about people all crowding together is pretty frustrating. Two months of quarantine and social distancing gone to waste. We all need to get back to a sense of normalcy, but we have a new normal now. Hope I’m wrong, but since I think things have already hit the fan, we’re about to see things bust through the ceiling. Be safe everyone.
OP for NBA FT record
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#1104 » by IggieCC » Tue May 26, 2020 9:00 am

goodboy wrote:
IggieCC wrote:
goodboy wrote:How many did you get so far out of the 10

Wow, so I assume you'll get one each month. Keeping on your toes.

Shadow boxing early 2021

Yeah. It's kinda nice actually. It's been so long that I almost forgot about all the money I spent on those items. It feels like I'm getting a random free gift from Overseas sugar mum every month. What a great company this Wish.com is!!!

Spoiler:
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1105 » by IggieCC » Tue May 26, 2020 9:12 am

HeatFanLifer wrote:Seeing all these headlines about people all crowding together is pretty frustrating. Two months of quarantine and social distancing gone to waste. We all need to get back to a sense of normalcy, but we have a new normal now. Hope I’m wrong, but since I think things have already hit the fan, we’re about to see things bust through the ceiling. Be safe everyone.

I can't speak for the entire country but this virus still has very strong transmissibility in closed areas esp. with a great number of people. I think we'll get by this summer due mostly to relative high heat and humidity then we get hit hard again in fall/winter as most experts predict. I also get the sense that many people are simply tired of hearing about coronavirus and since the numbers have gone down they think we beat it which is just being ignorant and in denial. Boo Lifer, Boo.
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 78,750

Post#1106 » by QUIZ » Tue May 26, 2020 6:24 pm

goodboy wrote:
JaysRule15 wrote:tbh Connor goes at Khabib on twitter like once a week lol.

Hes a twitter dingleberry imho

8-)
Don’t let us get one. — Nikola Jovic

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda
OvOh
Head Coach
And1: 41,612

Post#1107 » by OvOh » Tue May 26, 2020 7:27 pm

Was there a link between high temperatures/humidity and amount of cases IGGS? I don't remember seeing any data that supports it, but then again it might be too novel to us to conclude anything.

People gathered at a downtown park this past weekend lol, looked like a nightclub. Not only has chit hit the fan, it's pretty baked in now. We got a chit fan IGGS
Image#SpicySZNImage #LarryOBSZN
HeatFanLifer
General Manager

Post#1108 » by HeatFanLifer » Tue May 26, 2020 7:42 pm

OvOh wrote:Was there a link between high temperatures/humidity and amount of cases IGGS? I don't remember seeing any data that supports it, but then again it might be too novel to us to conclude anything.

People gathered at a downtown park this past weekend lol, looked like a nightclub. Not only has chit hit the fan, it's pretty baked in now. We got a chit fan IGGS

I feel bad for our healthcare workers.
OP for NBA FT record
al bondiga
Starter
And1: 2,750

Post#1109 » by al bondiga » Tue May 26, 2020 9:14 pm

HeatFanLifer wrote:Seeing all these headlines about people all crowding together is pretty frustrating. Two months of quarantine and social distancing gone to waste. We all need to get back to a sense of normalcy, but we have a new normal now. Hope I’m wrong, but since I think things have already hit the fan, we’re about to see things bust through the ceiling. Be safe everyone.
I think I understand your frustration, it's logical ...but when you take in consideration how much BS and panic is involved in this so-called World pandemic and how much does it affect the mental health of individuals , you start to see things a bit different
HeatFanLifer
General Manager

Post#1110 » by HeatFanLifer » Tue May 26, 2020 10:12 pm

al bondiga wrote:
I think I understand your frustration, it's logical ...but when you take in consideration how much BS and panic is involved in this so-called World pandemic and how much does it affect the mental health of individuals , you start to see things a bit different

This hasn’t been easy on anyone. The whole point of this was to slow the curve. When people decide to all jump in a pool together to have a weekend to let loose, it has nothing to do with mental health and everything to do with not caring.
OP for NBA FT record
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,338

Post#1111 » by Bishop45 » Wed May 27, 2020 12:39 am

Whole world stops, a world power loses 100,000 citizens in 3 months while under quarantine and we STILL can't collectively call it a pandemic because it's somehow a political pejorative.
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1112 » by IggieCC » Wed May 27, 2020 2:20 am

OvOh wrote:Was there a link between high temperatures/humidity and amount of cases IGGS? I don't remember seeing any data that supports it, but then again it might be too novel to us to conclude anything.

It might be a myth but I think being hot and humid generally helps us not get sick as often esp. with upper respiratory diseases OvOH
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article243005911.html

But you're 100% correct that any research findings on this coronavirus have to be taken with a grain of salt. We simply don't know much about it and we won't know definitely until much later I'd imagine.

Right now, I feel pretty comfortable being outside, with appropriate social distancing, but that's as far as I go. I'm definitely not counting on the temp and humidity to save the day. Those might be factors in keeping "I'm done with you corona I do what I want" people from getting sick to some degree. :dontknow:
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1113 » by IggieCC » Wed May 27, 2020 2:25 am

HeatFanLifer wrote:
al bondiga wrote:

This hasn’t been easy on anyone. The whole point of this was to slow the curve. When people decide to all jump in a pool together to have a weekend to let loose, it has nothing to do with mental health and everything to do with not caring.

Never forget that some of us have been completely nuts before any of this ever happened Lifer
HeatFanLifer
General Manager

Post#1114 » by HeatFanLifer » Wed May 27, 2020 3:09 am

IggieCC wrote:
HeatFanLifer wrote:
al bondiga wrote: I think I understand your frustration, it's logical ...but when you take in consideration how much BS and panic is involved in this so-called World pandemic and how much does it affect the mental health of individuals , you start to see things a bit different

Never forget that some of us have been completely nuts before any of this ever happened Lifer

He’s acting more sane now surprisingly.
OP for NBA FT record
goodboy
RealGM

Post#1115 » by goodboy » Wed May 27, 2020 4:11 am

HELLO MY OPELE
Bright
HeatFanLifer
General Manager

Post#1116 » by HeatFanLifer » Wed May 27, 2020 5:13 am

goodboy wrote:HELLO MY OPELE

When’s the NBA coming back? This is a big tease. We’re going to get a couple of months to finish the season, then have to wait however long again to see the next season.
OP for NBA FT record
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1117 » by IggieCC » Wed May 27, 2020 4:11 pm

I've seen some disturbing viral racial incidents these days.

When someone is video taping your idiotic behavior in public, you should know that you're about to get fired and possibly criminally charged. SMH
Umbooki
RealGM
And1: 29,604

Post#1118 » by Umbooki » Wed May 27, 2020 4:45 pm

2020 has been a total fever dream. If it’s not one thing, it’s another. “Exhausting” doesn’t even begin to fit the bill.
goodboy
RealGM

Post#1119 » by goodboy » Wed May 27, 2020 9:22 pm

HeatFanLifer wrote:
goodboy wrote:HELLO MY OPELE

When’s the NBA coming back? This is a big tease. We’re going to get a couple of months to finish the season, then have to wait however long again to see the next season.

Its too complicated/late to come back now... Even though I would love it, and source of entertainment would be amazing. However the quality of the product might be piss poor, in terms of bball players being out of shape, no proper training/nutrition and watered down games. Players might even shoot even more 3's now and not go in for slams/cut to the rim as often due to potential injuries and them having limited sources of rehab practices.

Ideally just chalk it up till November.
Bright
goodboy
RealGM

Post#1120 » by goodboy » Wed May 27, 2020 9:25 pm

IggieCC wrote:I've seen some disturbing viral racial incidents these days.

When someone is video taping your idiotic behavior in public, you should know that you're about to get fired and possibly criminally charged. SMH

Iggs since you live in a white mans backyard, have you gotten any side-eye looks as stroll down your essential good trips?
Bright

Return to Miami Heat