ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Cops kill George Floyd

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,174

OT: Cops kill George Floyd 

Post#1 » by Kampuchea » Tue May 26, 2020 11:17 pm

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/minneapolis-police-george-floyd-fatal-arrest-officer-kneeling-neck/

'I can't breathe': Man dies after pleading with officer attempting to detain him in Minneapolis

Video shows Minneapolis cop with knee on neck of motionless, moaning man who later died
Kampuchea
RealGM

Re: OT: Cops kill George Floyd 

Post#2 » by Kampuchea » Tue May 26, 2020 11:20 pm

Kampuchea
RealGM

Post#3 » by Kampuchea » Tue May 26, 2020 11:20 pm

Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 28,545

Post#4 » by Fat Kat » Tue May 26, 2020 11:24 pm

All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
ITGM
RealGM
And1: 7,893

Post#5 » by ITGM » Wed May 27, 2020 12:03 am

Fat Kat wrote:

That murderer deserves the death penalty: BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY!
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,221

Post#6 » by duetta » Wed May 27, 2020 12:20 am

At least they were fired the same day.
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,190
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#7 » by BKlutch » Wed May 27, 2020 12:25 am

It was such a horrible day that the African American man in NYC who was accused by a woman of threatening her life hardly gets a mention, because he was not arrested and didn't get murdered. What a perverse world.

Oh, Gee, I see we're playing D. Powered by the after-Burner

MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#8 » by MaseInYourFace » Wed May 27, 2020 1:03 am

Disgusting.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
Kampuchea
RealGM

Post#9 » by Kampuchea » Wed May 27, 2020 1:35 am

BKlutch wrote:It was such a horrible day that the African American man in NYC who was accused by a woman of threatening her life hardly gets a mention, because he was not arrested and didn't get murdered. What a perverse world.

Just saw that, the lady was suspended from her job. She should be permanently jobless in an asylum.
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,190
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#10 » by BKlutch » Wed May 27, 2020 1:48 am

Kampuchea wrote:
BKlutch wrote:It was such a horrible day that the African American man in NYC who was accused by a woman of threatening her life hardly gets a mention, because he was not arrested and didn't get murdered. What a perverse world.

Just saw that, the lady was suspended from her job. She should be permanently jobless in an asylum.

That woman is a wackadoodle racist bitch. She was going to have him arrested for threatening her, ruin his life, and maybe he'd have had his head bashed in or something - all because he rightly complained that her dog was off the least in the Ramble. What a waste of a woman. But this is small news in the context of today's events.

The world has turned upside down - how come we're not all falling off?

Oh, Gee, I see we're playing D. Powered by the after-Burner

RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,047

Post#11 » by RHODEY » Wed May 27, 2020 3:14 am

BKlutch wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:

That woman is a wackadoodle racist bitch. She was going to have him arrested for threatening her, ruin his life, and maybe he'd have had his head bashed in or something - all because he rightly complained that her dog was off the least in the Ramble. What a waste of a woman. But this is small news in the context of today's events.

My guess is that the world has ALREADY BEEN upside down but the advent of camera phones have made it difficult to shroud the truth.

And the shame is effective...for a while...but there will be a backlash IMO. Because a lot of people like it the way it is(otherwise it wouldn't be that way). Those same people don't like taking "L's".
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 47,833

Post#12 » by robillionaire » Wed May 27, 2020 3:57 am

RHODEY wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:

My guess is that the world has ALREADY BEEN upside down but the advent of camera phones have made it difficult to shroud the truth.

And the shame is effective...for a while...but there will be a backlash IMO. Because a lot of people like it the way it is(otherwise it wouldn't be that way). Those same people don't like taking "L's".

yeah it's already been upside down

It's worse with that lady she wasn't just trying to have him arrested she was trying to get him lynched, she knew exactly what she was doing with that acting job on the phone, what happened to george floyd and emmett till is what she was hoping would happen to him

now we have floyd, which reminds us of what happened to eric garner here in NY. how many bodies have to pile up, how many times does the cold blooded nature of this system have to be thrown in our face before decent human beings, if there are even any left here, say enough is enough? it's not stopping, it's not slowing down. we're led by those who got elected on promising a restoration of past greatness which was always a code for turning a blind eye to white supremacist lynch mob-ism and this has been the case since the late 1960s since nixon and the southern strategy since reagan deliberately announced his run for president in philadelphia mississippi where 3 black civil rights leaders had been murdered as he promised them a return to states rights in a blatant appeal to white supremacy, from clinton doing his speech in front of the stone mountain memorial to the confederacy flanked by black prisoners and traveling to watch the execution of Ricky Ray Rector a mentally insufficient black man to to promote a "tough on crime" mass incarceration agenda and so on and so on. there is a direct line from the confederacy to the people who rule over society today

this has already happened folks, we've already done this. remember kobe lebron and other nba players wearing the "i can't breathe" shirts to support garner? remember how kkkops came out with the "i can breathe" counter protest? Remember how they demonized and villfied kaepernick for trying to call attention to this just a little too loudly, and not even just conservatives either, ruth bader ginsberg and white liberals were quick to toss him under the bus because his protest was a little too loud and disrespectful for them too. I'm pissed. gotta get my hands off this keyboard
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Post#13 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed May 27, 2020 4:07 am

I could only watch 5 seconds of the video. That was premeditated 1st degree murder. I don’t even want the death penalty for them. I want them to spend the rest of their lives in jail.

Keith Ellison is - thankfully - the Attorney General for the state of Minnesota.
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#14 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed May 27, 2020 4:08 am

Fat Kat wrote:

I can’t seem to get myself to watch these videos yet. What’s this one about? Does it show the graphic parts?
POSTING POLICIES:
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 47,833

Post#15 » by robillionaire » Wed May 27, 2020 4:26 am

meanwhile police fire indiscriminately against people sitting down protesting police brutality. remember how they did nothing when confederate flag waving armed militias took over state houses.

Read on Twitter
?s=20
nyk2017
Pro Prospect
And1: 765

Post#16 » by nyk2017 » Wed May 27, 2020 4:47 am

Republicans and Trump more upset about the keeling on the right than on the left.
knicknack
Sixth Man
And1: 213

Post#17 » by knicknack » Wed May 27, 2020 4:54 am

It's such a replay of how many black men have been treated repeatedly by either racist or scared police officers who treat black suspects and even black persons of unjustified interest (i.e. "he fit the description of the alleged offender.") as if they were animals being hunted. They feel like whenever they see the need to have an encounter with black men they need to bring some form of excessive force to the event. Just see the current killing of the young black male in Georgia when a former law enforcement officer and his son decided to hunt down a black man for a so-called misdemeanor crime but felt the need to gather their shotgun and handgun to engage the unarmed black male they wanted to bring to justice. These officers appeared to not even consider the amount of force that was being used despite the pleas for his life from not only the deceased but even onlookers or witnesses. And even after feeling for a pulse from the motionless black male victim, they never even attempted to render immediate aid (the video broadcasted ended shortly thereafter). Rendering aid to a person, especially in custody is a major responsibility of every certified Law Enforcement Officer on the planet! Total disregard for that man's life and now they deserve to pay for the rest of their lives because at least they have a life to live, their parents still have a son, their families still remain intact, they are sleeping tonight and for who knows how long in their own bed with the love and support of their family, friends and probably some co-workers and other Law Enforcement Officers who would have done the same thing or share the same disregard or disrespect for others. If you can watch this disturbing video and not have strong feelings about what you witnessed then you need to check yourself because as I always say.......I could be you and you could be me, we are no better than each other except for the evil that exists in some of us and how that evilness consumes us to make us destructive instead a positive force in this society! This has occurred way too many times (in fact, one time is too many). Can you imagine how many of these incidents have occurred over the years and were never captured on video? Enough is enough! And if you're upset about this, and you should be, use that enormous energy to help make sure this type of behavior by not only cops but anyone who inappropriately and violently engages a free man of any nationality with unjustified and criminal force be brought to justice by the appropriate means only!
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#18 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed May 27, 2020 5:35 am

robillionaire wrote:meanwhile police fire indiscriminately against people sitting down protesting police brutality. remember how they did nothing when confederate flag waving armed militias took over state houses.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

POSTING POLICIES:
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#19 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed May 27, 2020 5:45 am

I didn't want to start a new thread on this one episode that did not, thankfully, result in a black man dying at the hands of the police and don't want to derail the significance of what happened to George Floyd. Anyhow, with apologies, if you're not already aware of this incident, it happened in the Bramble (?) which is an apporx. 30 acre area in Central Park where a lot of bird watchers like to go and observe. Apparently, this is a primo spot for that and, as a result, there are signs all over this area telling dog owners that they're dogs must be leashed. So this black gentleman, who just so happens to be an executive director or high ranking official of the arboretum society is there and politely asks this woman to leash her dog. This is what ensued.

Epilogue

Spoiler:
She got fired from her job and the dog adoption agency who sold her the dog confiscated her dog! :D
POSTING POLICIES:
spree2kawhi
General Manager
And1: 3,758

Post#20 » by spree2kawhi » Wed May 27, 2020 6:44 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:

I can’t seem to get myself to watch these videos yet. What’s this one about? Does it show the graphic parts?

Same here. Be aware that stuff like this actually only happens in the third world. Welcome.

Return to New York Knicks